Any Comments on Ximula / Alumix wardrobe system ?

rc123

Hi gals,

My wiw if finally completed! Service not bad, quality looks good. Though my wiw looks abit small but I'm quite happy with it.

scobido

so sad, alumix guy came to my hse n told me that i cant really hv wiw cos my area too small liao
sad.gif

defeats my purpose of buyg ximula
sad.gif
sad.gif

afcai

Hi moo,
my MBR also small mah, only did a two sliding door closet from Almuxi.then maybe u can do a smaller version one.

jozy

Hi afcai,

sorry for the late reply. My bi fold door costs $1K nett for 2 toilet door after discount liao.

Hey little lamb, can share with me how your wardrobe looks like???

rc123

Hi moo,

How big is your area? Did u discussed on your layout plan before buying? Mine also very small, it's slightly smaller than we expected it to be. I've taken some photos, if u're interested i can email you.

jozy

thanks, got your email...

You are so lucky to get the 4 tier drawers with wheels leh..I still waiting to see if they have anymore for sale...

I notice you rearrange the 5 shelves har

rc123

Hi ryes,

Yah loh.. I was so lucky to get the drawer at the discounted price. I didn't rearrange the 5 shelves, HTB says he can do it later. When's your wardrobe coming?

Hi booboo,

I've sent.

scobido

hi afcai

my sis in law said if so small, better dun do - saves space n if 2 space, it defeats the purpose of having a wiw lo...makes sense lo...

hi little lamb

my email is [email protected]. tnx

how small? dun noe how to describle lo but i got my mbr toilet in bet , tats y cant lo...
sad.gif

actually i hacked e wall to make my mbr bigger, so is not e prob of mbr being so small, is bcos of e toilet
sad.gif

reno has started, so cant change lo

jozy

Hi lamb,

eh, i saw you have only 4 shelves in the center portion leh, the 5th one leh?

My wardrobe ah, duno yet, i have not arrange for measurement to be taken, my house not yet ready and I want to extend 700mm more for the wardrobe and need to top up, so trying to save money first before I ask them to come dwn take measurement lor...

You didnt' change your doors to those frosted type har? Envy leh, you have a nice decent WIW....

floralim

hello every,
me too thinking of getting Alumix, do u think its possible to go without doors jus build a partition will do, i find tat their door very costly leh.

did i heard sales of alumix got sales hah?

floralim

hi little lamb,

can share your pic like girlfriend did by uploading the page here :p

I wish to see more actual 1,cuz wat i saw is over the net kinda look like showroom.

anybody using alumix which causes any problem so far? i wonder its durable. :p

floralim

oh ya, btw sorry being too lorso,

any advise , do u think to have more shelves is more practical or have more poles for hanging is better? any advise from current user, i find tat like not enuf to use like tat.

rc123

Hi ryes,

Oh my 5th shelve is right at the top, maybe u can't see it in the photo. To change to the glass one cost a lot lei, anyway wooden one matches better for my MBR. U envy my small little wiw? hehe.. I think u the first to say that... my family all think it's not practical and too small for us. Maybe have to get another wardrobe to put in another room.

What is the length of your wardrobe now? I should be envying u cos u can afford such a big space
biggrin.gif

Hi flora,

u wan to give me ur email. Don't think i wan to post my photo here lei...

jozy

HI lamb,

for my case, i cannot have WIW mah, so of course envy you mah..

My ximula wardrobe that i am intending to make is about 2900 in length, which my room is 3000in length. so take up whole space behind the door
299531.jpg

afcai

Hi Ryes,
wow, it's quite expensive man....

Hi moo,
oic. cos my MBR angle got a odd shap so quite difficult to buy exact wardobe to fit. that's why we just did 1 small closet for MBR but got another 4 door wardobe and placed it next rm.

jozy

HI afcai, I would need to top up a 700mm length more to extend, so total would come up abt think $2K....ex ah?

So will be paying additional 1 more door,1pole, 2 hanging pole

floralim

oh ok littlelamb, my email [email protected]

thank you.

Btw do u know Ximula & Alumix is spell reverse way to have diff name,hahahaha reflection of their brands.

im look at L shape WIW for ard 10 ft any advise

rc123

Hi flora,

I've sent u the photos... Yah somebody was mentioning too about the name.. it's so cute rite
happy.gif

I'm not sure about alumix/ximula, but i know other carpenter when they do measurement for L shape, they double count the length. So i always thought it's not worth it to do L-shape. But u can always call Zhenyi for advise, heard she's very nice.

Hi ryes,

Oh i see, u put your wardrobe at another bedrm huh? Have u thought of partitioning a space to make your wiw since you like it?

jozy

HI Flora,

quotation that was provided for L shape came up to abt $3000+ if you are willing to pay that high price...

Hi lamb, my rooms are too small to even corner a partition for a wiw lor, so just make do with a wall wardrobe first, next time shift new house then see lor....

floralim

thanks little lamb I have recieve nice home u hav
happy.gif

hey little lamb btw wat kitchen top you using hah?

Hi Ryes, ok shall ask them, but not so soon to start cuz 7th mth is coming hehe

winnedy

Hi all, I have seen both Alumix and Ximula. Then I was quoted by my ID (aranus) their inhouse pole system call "Alumax". They are charging me abt $2k for my 10ft wardrobe. It comes with sliding door as well. Have not confirmed with them but its one option you all can look into it.

jozy

Hi Flora,

you can go dwn and see if they have any promotion one. IN fact, if they do have good deals, u can book on the spot, but as and when u are ready, you can ask them come ur house for measurements. Like for my case, I booked sometime in June, but dont intend to do up the wardrobe till say august or sept like that.

floralim

hi little lamb, ic urs the corian top so shiny.

Hi Ryes, ic, i will call them to check. I use public transport so abit trouble to travel there and walk all deep in.

jozy

Hi flora,

not leh, not very deep to walk in one...can take the shortcut. I first time went, so kuku, also walk such a long way in..kekeke...

Lamb lamb, do you rem what is the length of the value wardrobe u bought har?

hello88

Hi,

Need some comments on the undermentioned quote:-

MBR Walk In
- construct 20ft full height walk-in with coloured PVC at MBR = $3,800

- construct low chest of drawers = $600

- construct 17ft walk-in wardrobe walls in MDF board finish = $800

- design & construct 2 nos sliding doors= $600

Bedroom 2 & 3

- construct 2 nos. of 8.5 ft full height glass sliding wardrobes = $4,800

rc123

Hi ryes,

Hehe... u blur oredi, calling yourself... After they install the partition, they measure the length of the space before they fabricate the modules, so it was slightly shorter than what we measure from the layout plan.

floralim

HI little lamb,

i asking my contractor to build the partition, should i built the partition 1st or should i get the alumix proposal 1st

jozy

Hey flora,

ryes is a name ah, sounds like 1 soccer player name. ;*wink*

ah, understand liao, little lamb.

Flora, think you should get alumix proposal first,then ask them for advice, see what they say leh. coz ximula also got partition one leh.

floralim

they got too i know last time i noe is cost me s$600 for partition. but cuz my bedroom too need to cover recesss so mus well get my contractor do it together lor.

ic i will get alumix proposal 1st den agar the partition are ya.

BTW ximula or alumix better ha? are there any much price diff, my L shap is only ard 10ft

rc123

Hi flora,

I personally prefer ximula because of the aluminium triming round the shelves. If I'm not wrong, it's also slightly more expensive. I've not asked about alumix before so i don't know the pricing but I've seen ximula at Park Mall selling very ex.

floralim

ic,erm.. i believe now the price has gone now,seems like alot of tis kind of system coming out with various brand name.

Shall give a call to them jus tat dun wish to tok to them b4 i make up my mind

jozy

Hi flora,

ximula is better, in terms of the drawers system.

You can always go dwn, have a look, really no obligation one...

jozy

Erm...this one i not sure leh.

btw, i think now got alot of other companies having this kind of wardrobe, like cupboards etc..you can check it out...

floralim

wow i got quotation from Zhenyi she very fast its almost cost me S$2500.00 she mentioned tat is after discount yet to find out from her the breakdown.

piepie02

Hihi,

Go to the Toa Payoh factory if u r interested in the ximula/alumix system, . Its much cheaper there. Look for Zhenyi. I bought my ximula system there @ $1650, but its quite a basis set.

The sales person at Park Mall told me the price diff between ximula and alumix. Ximula is higher by almost 20 or 30%, somewhere there lah...