Any Comments on Ximula / Alumix wardrobe system ?

jozy

Hey afcai,

thanks for your reply...Then you got a very good deal leh.

For your besglas door har, wait, how come contractor get from besglas cheaper? Exactly the same frame etc is it?

rc123

Hi Ryes,

You can also get besglas from *haplin. The last time they quoted me the cheapest at $360. I got my contractor to get from them at that price too.

My WIW partition is up! Ximula system can come in 1-2 weeks time. I'm so excited...
bounce.gif

jozy

Hi lamb,

eh, wait a minute ah, abit confused here. I called up besglas which is just beside *haplin for their prices one. They told me go to IMM to see their showroom.

They quoted me acylic $344 and laminated glass at $523 with GST...

afcai

Hi Ryes,
yes, it is exactly the same frame when we went bestglas to check out the original pricing. then I went to enquiry my ID asking why is there a difference in price. he told me that they manufacture their own glass so it is cheaper. not sure is it true.(a bit confused)

I got the bi-fold fr the co that little_lamb mentioned. I think you should call up *haplin instead. they have various type of glass for bi-fold door pricing range from $250- $500++

pebsb

Hi, i need help!
Im thinking of having my WIW just outside my toilet, 2 parallel row left & right of toilet. There will be a curtain/sliding door at the end of the 2 row. I'm concern abt the humidity, smell coming from toilet. Shld I do doors for the wardrobes as well? Is it too much to have 2 sets of door (for wardrobe & entrance of WIW)?

Anyone who done their WIW outside the toilet, can share your experience? Advisable?

Really appreciate!

jozy

wait har, abit confused here.

besglas and *haplin are 2 different companies right? So it seems to me cheaper to get besglas from *haplin har?

rc123

Hi ryes,

I think *haplin also distributes besglas so they can sell at cheaper rate. Why dun u give them a call and ask? Last time I spoke to a guy called Eric.

Hi preps,

I heard having WIW outside the toilet will cause your clothes to be moist and there will be smell too. But if u have doors at the wardrobe then it's like a normal wardrobe. But it's all up to u on your lifestyle preference...

afcai

Hi Ryes,
am not sure if they are related or not, but dunno why my ID did the besglas bi-fold door for me and he claimed that they are the manufacter that why it is cheaper than we have compared the prices at IMM.

jozy

Hi lamb and afcai,

So confusing the 2 companies lah, think I will call up *haplin to ask their price list too.

Thanks leh. Now so eager to select my doorcolour...

afcai

Hi Ryes,
maybe to have a better view of their product, drop by their showrm. it is impressive.the pricing for diff material of glass varies.

afcai

Hi Ryes,
Yes, it is a shop tat just next to ximula. they are under thesame co. their industrial areas is also just beside it. just walk up the staircase and u will see a so 'reception counter' there, just tell them the purpose of yr visit and they will assign a person to guide u. why not called them before you dropped or drop them an email ( found at its website). someone will reply your email.

jozy

Hi Afcai,

Thanks so much. I do hope to get a good price for the bi-fold doors. Now so excited to watch my flat up and going and soon, I would be able to contact Ximula to have my wardrobe done up...

bungy_jumper

The Z ah... C unless you want interior design.

Anyway, i very confused with your talks on the besglas.
Are you all referring to besglas kitchen door, toilet door, warbrobe door or toilet screen ?

Ryes,
The water marks i mean when you used a damp cloth to wipe the frost part, after it dries you will still see the water wipe marks. And no, my chest of drawers is more than 16cm deep.

jozy

hey jumped,

ah, so is the Z, okay, I shall ask again. Can ask zhenyi right?

The besglas that I am talking abt is the toilet door.

mmm..with what you say about the frosted part, your door is those white near translucent type of frosted glass right?
Is it like this one
294407.jpg

I am in a big dilemma leh. On one hand, I want frosted coz easy to match furnitures now and next time.

On the other hand, seems like have water marks and then duno whether the frosted part will wear off one not, since it's a layer of sticker right?

Jumped, for the water marks har, if you use finger to wipe it, can it come off?

bungy_jumper

Hi Ryes,
Mine is sandblast, not sure if anything to do with sticker. The marks cannot be remove with the finger. A damp cloth will remove it temporary but it will be back to square one when dry. This is my warbrobe + toilet door.

294444.jpg

afcai

Hi Ryes,
you are welcome. for me, I engage the co with 'C' to do my bi-fold door, wardrobe, kitchen cabinet & display cabinet. anyway, both are under the same company.

Hi Jumped,
normally, I won't wipe the frost part cos scare the frost thing will tear off or discoloured.

jozy

Heyjumped,

I love your toilet door..made of ximula as well? or besglas or what??? Sliding??You've got a nice looking MBR there!

Now damn blur, sandblast and frosted got difference not? I must ask properly...If the marks cannot be removed by finger har, then i think i wont opt for sandblast in this case ah..coz i very fussy one..

HI afcai,
thanks thanks leh.

both of you are so helpful..

alyssa

jumped,

Your wardrobe and bedroom is nice, wat material is that? Not see through I supposed?

Is that a top hung wardrobe or it has two sets of rollers (one on top, one on bottom)?

I asked for the quotations of sliding wardrobes, and is quoted for those with rollers at top and bottom. For those top hung ones, are quoted a much higher price, wonder if thats always the case.

bungy_jumper

hi afcai,
I only wiped once after reno finish. The marks are still there, didnt bother to find out other methods to remove it. Not obvious anyway.

hi ryes,
i dunno what doors too. My ID supposed to get ximula then later they got another contractor to do it, i think.

hi alyssa,
Not really see thru. Opaque glass unless you place something against the doors. It's glass sandblast. Its top hung so there are no rollers on the floor.

Not sure if its more ex. But my ID was rather toughtful, she didnt want to drill the floor and didnt want me to trip over tracks.

jozy

Hi Jumped, if you free, can take close up shots of the top hung rollers? I prefer top hung too, but then, they were saying scare unstable is it?

Have you guys been watching the 7pm Ch 8 drama? Their wardrobe are from alumix, nice doors they have.

bungy_jumper

Hi Ryes,

Will take and PM when i can.
Its not unstable just that if you shake the door, it will slightly 'rattle' cos theres no bottom track.
There's a door guide on the floor something like a stopper but its not visible.

jozy

Cool. Will wait for your pix..

Now I wonder if anyone can help me on this. I intend to lengthen the wardrobe to the full width of my study room. Problem is, when I open the door, it will hit the wardrobe door lor...then duno how..
294962.jpg

fren recommended to buy a door stopper and put it behind, but it's gonna be quite ugly lor.
I did consider having change the bedroom door to a sliding one...but it's gonna be ex..so wonder what other cost effective ways are there...

jozy

Hey afcai,

yday went to my house to see and was so shocked work are so fast that tiles are all done up. Now so worried abt my bi fold toilet door, coz i want to remove the old hdb toilet door frame, but duno now with the tiles can they remove not.

Called up besglas, the guy is arranging to drop by my place tonight if possible to access if can remove the frame...

gonna call up Z later to ask the bi fold frame price.

jozy

afcai,

I called up Z liao leh, ask if they do bi-fold for toilet, they say they dun leh, then recommend me besglas..how how.

they say they do the bi-fold is without lock system one...

solonavi

Hi All, I dun know if this questions is asked or answered b4. Anyone knows what's the average price of a Alumix system per ft? Juz need an estimation.

Thanks
JC

gallianorules

Hi there,
I was just at the Toa Payoh showrm. Forgot to ask 1 question to Zhenyi: the height of the wardrobe in the package is 2.4m right? But my flr to ceiling is 2.7 ... so how? Does it mean i have to create a false ceiling? The poles can be adjusted to reach the ceiling right?

bungy_jumper

Hi JC,
ALumix system not like carpentry so they don charge by per feet. But rather, each vertical post cost a sum, each shelf, bar, chest of drawers, Standard measurments are 45cm, 60, 90, 120. Each has its own price.

So the cost depends on your config and the number of shelves and bars you need.

bungy_jumper

Hi Gary,
My post are 2.75m and they cut some to fit some parts of the beam. They will go to ur place take exact measurements.

Hi Ryes,
Door Stopper not that ugly what. Its there for a purpose. See this is not too bad, excluding the wire ah..
295348.jpg

jozy

Hi jumped, ah, nice leh, I tot those door stopper is gonna be those damn ugly one, u know big, fat and like a globe kind?? Cool cool...

jozy

HI Gary,

Got your pm. Like Jumped mentioned, they will need to take measurements first before doing lor..

jozy

Hi JC,

Think you can approached them before renovation, if they have good deals, you can grab it.

They need abt 2 weeks to manufacture the wardrobe, so just give some allowance fortiming..

afcai

Hi Ryes,
you are welcome.
as for the removal of the toilet bi fold door, do get some advice from the contractor that has done up yr tiles.will the title be affected if the bi fold door is being removal.

what do you mean by lock system one? my bi-fold kitch door can be locked fr kitchen then outside cannot be access. maybe u drop by their "c" co showrm to ask or write to them.

Hi jumped,
oic, who 'cares'? maybe and hopefully, the mark will fade off as year passed by.

jozy

HI afcai,

I really give up on Z and C leh, coz like I mentioned hor, I called, then I have already contacted Besglas liao, they are coming over on Monday to discuss..

I duno leh, the person say no lock system, as in, cannot be locked type. I told him toilet door lor, then he say cannot lock one...haiz...

afcai

Hi Ryes,
maybe they are not interested to deal only a small lobang meaning small business. like me, I only let them to the carpentary work(small fly business) and they have kind of bo chap attitude even I asked them to touch up after the reno. in the end, I just live with those de-fault.

wow, kind of attitude. u just emailed them see how they reply, ever email them to ask the pricing but they never tell you the pricing cos it depends on the sq feet and the material used of the items. got what I mean. they just asked you to arrange a time to meet up and sit down to talk loh.

audreysu

hi
how's the worksmanship of alumix? I went to their showroom in toa payoh & quite like their open concept wardrobe. how's their after sales service?

jozy

HI afcai,

kekeke..the guy sound friendly over phone, but then, from what he say no lock system, abit contradicting from what you told me liao, so I didnt probe further...kekekek...

girlfriend

hi all, i m also using alumix wardrobe. Here are some pics of the wardrobe.

Initially, we wanted 4 panels of the sandblasted doors but it costs us ard 2k+ so in the end, we decided to have 2 panels instead & the rest is fake wall.

295887.jpg

295888.jpg

295889.jpg

solonavi

Hi Guys, is Alumix a local product or imported? Have anyone of you did a comparison to other brand's pole system that is offered by others? If I'm not wrong, "Cupboards", OM Funiture, Living Space, etc also have Pole system.

JC

girlfriend

hi jc, i went to the shop @ps, dun rem the name. they quoted me 4k to 5k for their wardrobe, after dc it is ard 3k.

thanks ryes!

afcai

Hi girlfriend,
is yr sliding door transparent color? hmm yr bedrm window (from the relfected of yr door) is half length window. mine is a full length window.Anyway, I got the same design wardobe with yours except mine if not a L shape( smaller than yours) but diff color sliding door. I also did up a plaster cell wall.

bungy_jumper

Hi Ryes,
My sliding door also has no lock. My ID said its not possible to have one. If purposely drill one in, it would be nice.

jozy

HI Jumped

oh, i meant lock for the bi-fold door. Nvm lah, coz hor, I have already arrange to have the besglas people to come and install for me liao....