Any Comments on Ximula / Alumix wardrobe system ?

ice_kacang

My aircon trunking is also like afcai. It's opposite of the wardrobe... Trunking also run below.. We avoid the trunking to be inside any cupboards, wardrobe bcos scared next time will leak..

Afcai,
So your wardrobe is not from alumix, but is alumix concept? sorry, but me blur liao..

jumped,
So far your sliding door still very good to use?

afcai

Hi jumped,
haaa..so that I can hide from others to see mah(next time, if any one come to my house and any how open the wardobe).

oic, my ID also suggested to us not to hide the air-con trunking in the wardobe.

Hi ice_kacang,
dunno it is from almumix or not. but sign up those carpentary work in the same industry(Toa Poyah) that you sign up. It is surely the almuxi concept.

bungy_jumper

hi ice,
the sliding door is not bad lor, very easy to slide and there are no tracks on the bottom.

hi afcai,
but very troublesome right.. hehe

ice_kacang

hi afai,
yes, is the same alumuxi. me also got from Toa Payoh.

troublesome but there is some stretching exercise when you take the undergarments...
wink.gif

Jumped,
Now I worry abt the frost glass. Now must make sure not too use wet cloth to wipe it.. Mine will have track at the bottom. They said dunno need cos the track is just a guide but i think i feel more secure with the track there.

afcai

Hi jumped,
hmm you did not have the tracks on the bottom, will yr sliding door be so not stable/wavy when you move it. as for my bi-fold door, I did not request any bottom tracks but ID did wrongly and include the track at the bootm as well as the top. reason given is it will be very unstable when one move it.

hmm not so troublesome but the height it quite high but every time, if I wanted to reach it I will use a hanger and pull down the basket.

Hi ice_kacang,
ok lah, so far so good. Stretching is good.:p just use hanger and hooked down the rect flat basket.

I also have track at my bottom for my wardobe. ID said it is a must as sliding door is quite heavy and it will be unstable in the long run if bottom track is not installed.
I did not wipe the frost glass side of my wardobe cos I'm afraid the color will fade in the long run.

bungy_jumper

hi,

i dun feel its unstable lor, becos maybe because mine 3 panel door so each door is not that big. There are no tracks at the bottom but there are guides to hold the door and stopper too.

sunny_gal

hi gals,
can i check if the park mall & the toa payoh branch r from the same co.? can gimme the add n contact no. of the toa payoh branch cos the website only indicate the parkmall add.
thks

ice_kacang

hi sunnygal,
i think park mall showcase ximula. If you want to see alumix and ximula, better to go to Toa Payoh.

Blk 2 Toa Payoh Industrial Park
#01-1403
Tel 6844 5255

afcai

Hi ice_kachang,

it did my wardobe with the following, I think it 's the same, they are the same co.

2 Toa Payoh Industrial Park
#01-1401
Singapore 319054
tel: +65 6252 5255
fax: +65 6250 5255

sunny_gal

Hi ice kacang, jumped & afcai

thks so much!

i'll fax my floor plan to the toa payoh industrial park n get a quote from them first.
happy.gif

bungy_jumper

hi sunnygal,

you are welcome. That's what i did too.

Oh by the way, if you are going to call them or if you go down, just help me ask if they do workstations.

I lazy to call.

elsia

hi jumped,
my workstation was install 2 weeks ago.
u can go down n take a look at their new
renovation n lots of new display, lots of
changes since i visit them ard sept.

bungy_jumper

hi elsia,

thanks for these information. I now looking forward to visit the showroom. You mean the showroom in Toa Payoh right ?

How big is your workstation and how much did you pay for it ? Do you have some pics to share ?

elsia

hi jumped,

mine workstation is 2.4 meters,cost me ard $1480.
will download n email u e pic. it's the same id that did up my place. they will b doing up another condo showflat at joo chat area.
told me they r having a big sales for their item,
lots of items going cheap cheap. u can try 2 call him n find out more @ hp:96649800.

bungy_jumper

hi elsia,
was too busy to go down take a look. but $1480 is quite reasonable for a 2.4m workstation. alumix or ximula?
remember to email me the pics, thanks in advance.

elsia

hi jumped,
it's the ximula workstation. they have 1 dispaly sets 4 sale at $600 n some alumix n ximula wardrobe display set 4 sale too. i think it's ard $650 or so. will email u e pics once i have taken the shoots. will b away 4 this long weekend, will cum back on monday nite to do dat.

polostorm

hi everyone,
just wanna share my fren's experience.
he got the alumix system almost 6mths back and is very satisfied with its quality & workmanship.

one thing he does complain is that his things (garments, books or anything on the open shelves) kept falling to the floor! that's because it's an open concept shelf, so there's only the support vertical beam to hold the shelves or cupboard, and and planks itselves.

while he likes the idea of moving the wardrobe should he move the next time, he's whinning about the need to be very careful when he stack his belongings, or to keep buying extra containers to hold them! the original drawers, wire baskets, cupboards are too costly for him - so he opted for cheaper ikea paper boxes.

the novelty of stacking his clothes nicely is beginning to wear off, i quote him "who's checking my wardrobe anyway?"
happy.gif
so now he's complaining that he spent too much time & $on the extra boxes or wicker baskets!

i'm getting my keys end of next month, and being the lazy guy that i am, i opted for full enclosed wooden cabinet PLUS the option to take them down and move it elsewhere. u can see a very similar system here: http://www.easyclosets.com

the whole wardrobe actually hinges on just a strip of metal on the wall, so u just need to unscrew them and voila, you can relocate the entire wardrobe! Of cos, jus like the alumix/ximula, the door panel will stay behind too
happy.gif

cato

wow the easy closet website is fantastic. you can even see your design in 3D.

I would like to ask if anyone has installed bi-fold doors that can be shifted sideways. I got a 1.8m space and I think these doors will give maximum opening. Don't know how much this will cost. My contractor has quoted just $1200 for these doors for one wardrobe. And I got 2 wardrobes. Don't know whether its too expensive. Thanks

rc123

Hi everyone,

I just bought a wardrobe system from Alumix. It consist of 3 sections (with up to 2.1m length), incl. 2 full height (2.4m) sliding wooden doors. The cost is $1650 (excl. GST). I'm using it for my WIW at 1.8m length and change one door to wall partition. I also bought a 4 tier drawer at $350. What do you think of the cost?

273343.jpg

273344.jpg

273345.jpg

afcai

Hi little lamb,
I also done up a small Walk in wardobe(more like closet)-> ((1600mm), measured fr inside, include
3 tier drawer, 2 top shelves, 3 hanging alumi bar) with two glass frosted sliding door(waive of $80).Cost $924(included GST ) + plastercell to support the wardobe: $250.
total cost=$1104

wow yr tier drawer so good got roller, did you change it or include it in?
yr alumin wardobe is bigger than mine, mine minus off yr centre portion. for me, I dun like wooden door so we did up a glass sliding door.

afcai

Hi,
actually, this system does not seems like WIW. A WIW is actually that one can walk into it and is spacious. one can even change clothes inside. WIS will occupy most of the spacing in the bedrm. when one walked into the bedrm, one can even find the toilet bec it is been covered up.

racherlle

hi there!

anyone got their system wardrobe from OM Cupboards???
any comments?

hmmm hw much will a 6 ft Alumix system cost? including 2 doors? thanks
happy.gif

bungy_jumper

Hi little lamb,
The pics u posted looks like ximula to me rather than alumix. If its ximula, i think u got yourself a good deal.

Hi moo,
4K for a full height wardrobe and moreover alumix is very very expensive. Even ximula will not cost that much. Get the drawings from your ID and approach alumix direct for a quotation. trust you will save at least 1- 1.5K for the same thing.

hello88

Hi Moo,

have u tried other WIW 'experts' eg. closetworks? Maybe check it out at Expo Hall 6A (i think so) before end of next weekend as there are a few WIW 'experts' exhibiting their products at Gracious Homes (should be correct name) exhibition. Me going this few days. Exhibtion time is 1200 to 2200hrs ..but not sure if timing applies to both weekends and weekdays.

rc123

Hi Afcai,
The one displayed is a normal wardrobe but I'm putting it into a 1.9x1.7m space so it'll become a WIW
biggrin.gif
. The 4 drawer was a display set and the roller was included. It will fit just nicely at my walk-in space and I can double it as a dressing table with a mirror hang on top of it.

Hi jumped,
U r rite. Mine is a Ximula system. Was a bit confused thought they from the same company and the system more or less the same. Is Ximula more ex than Alumix? U really think i got a good deal?

scobido

Thanks for all your advice
happy.gif

Will call alumix to check out their pricing...

Wonder anyone here engages an id but didnt use the furniture shop that your id recommends? Felt quite paisei if we nvr take up their suggestions...how?

bungy_jumper

hi little lamb,

alumix and ximula is from the same company, read the name back and forward. They are more or less the same. Ximula cost 30-40% more than alumix.
the cost difference is because there are aluminium trimmings for the shelves and the drawers. Look at your pics carefully. hehe.

Also, another difference between the 2 is the rivots used to hold the shelves. For ximula, you can remove, adjust0 or add shelves easily by taking out the rivots. however for alumix, u have to take down the whole vertical pole of even entire system to add or remove shelves.

Another difference, for alumix you can see the drawer tracks at the inside of the drawer. Ximula you cant see a thing.

I still think you got a good deal. Seems like the prices came down since the time i did mine.

bungy_jumper

Hi moo,
My ID quoted me $2.7K + $2.8K for my Alumix WIW. I found it expensive and went to alumix direct with the drawings and they quote me 1.5K + 1.5K

The 2.8K was actually for the doors which alumix quoted me 1.5 only. In the end i got alumix to do the interior for 1.5K and i saved 1.2K

No need to feel paiseh lor, its your money. I think i felt worse because my id bumped into the alumix workers at my place. I used my ID drawings to engage my own carpenter for my study room too. Save about 1K on that.

Just go get a quote and see how much you save before you sign on the line

rc123

Hi Jumped,

Thanks for telling me the difference. Actually I got the set at an offer price, with a standard configuration and a limited choice of colours. Since it fit my WIW space and the price is reasonable, I decided to go for it.

Hi slance,

I spoke to Eric when I went to Zh*plin. But Zhenyi will do the follow up.

Hi all,

Do you know Zh*plin also distributing Besglas? They are selling at a much cheaper price than what we get at their retail shop. Might get them to install a bi-fold door for our toilet.

slance

hi Jump & Little Lamb

both are of great help!!!!
wow...din noe they distribute besglas as well....got quote by contractor abt 800 for one door.....will they do hacking of the exisiting door or they just install? any idea how much cheaper?

scobido

did all of you go down to take a look b4 u buy from them? thinkg of skipping that :p

so far, no car some more...anyone using this co for their reno of hse?

bungy_jumper

hi moo, they are 2 different companies though they are related. I did not use their ID services.

I did not go down to take a look. I called up, fax floor plan and told them how many drawers and shelves roughly. Zhenyi drew up the plan and faxed back to me within 30 minutes.

After that, i just went to the showroom, decide on the colour and final configuration, pay 50% and thats it.

They, measure and install within the next few days. Eveything took about a week or so.

afcai

Hi Little_lamb,
you are right,their price is cheaper bec they are specialize in alumix and glass. they have their own industrial and does not go through another party. I also did a safety clear glass bi-fold door(fr besglass by the above mention company but starting with "c" instead of "Z", safety glass modern style kitchen cabinet(with almuni trimming & legs) as well as 6fts display cabinet.

Hi moo,
I only did carpentary work with them.

rc123

Hi afcai,

R u referring to their ID subsidiary? How much did u pay for their kitchen cabinet? I was also thinking of doing kitchen cabinet with all glass doors on top. Still waiting for a quote from my carpenter but reckon it will be v. ex.

Hi slance,

I was quoted for a bi-fold door (safety glass type) from $360 to $390 (b4 GST). The cost incl installation but i dun think they do the hacking for you. Maybe u can call them to enquire.

scobido

actually what's the advantage of having an aluxmix warerobe to the normal one?

i dont intend to hv wiw, is it wise and economical to hv alumix system?

bungy_jumper

hi moo,

Actually personally i feel that if you only having a normal wardrobe, its better to have the "traditional" one becuase, firstly its cheaper (a couple of hundreds diff), and 2nd traditional shelving will allow u to put heavier, bulkier items. Not to mention, carpentry will give you alot of options for drawers and wardrobe doors.

alumix system is more of open concept and when the doors are open, one look can see everything in your wardrobe. (drawers system expensive).

The advantage i can think of is...modern..adjustable...and of course portable to certain extent.