Any Comments on Ximula / Alumix wardrobe system ?

piepie02

hi flora,

there is actually no cost breakdown. I took it up as a package. The length is about 2m plus, not L-shape of coz. Comes with sliding wooden doors i think, if want to change to glass, top up another $300 plus.

piepie02

My WIW is up... here're some pics to share:

316812.jpg
316813.jpg

jozy

wah pei, nice!

can advice how long did it take for the workers to fix up the internal shelvings on the 2nd time they came dwn to your place? 2 hrs? 3hrs?

I'm doing the opposite of your doors pattern, ie, the wood part will be frosted glass, frosted glass will be wood...

jozy

Hi Moo,

For doing up the internal portion only leh, need min 3 hrs ah? are they punctual, coz I have something on in the afternoon and my appointment with ximula is at 1030am.

piepie02

Hi Ryes,

I think for mine, they took about 2 hours to fix the internal shelves. We were busy cleaning the windows when they were fixing it. They were punctual, in fact, they were early...

bungy_jumper

yeah when i did mine they took about 2 hours. And they were super early. My appt was 1pm and they came at 9am.

they called me and i had to rush down while they waited outside my door.

jozy

Hi Pei and jumped,

Jumped == you are referring to fixing of the internal shelves right?

Gee, duno leh, but zhenyi arranged for me at 1030am, I will call and ask if it is possible to push it earlier, so that I need not rush off in the afternoon.

2 hrs is for the standard length of wardrobe right? I have extended another 700mm, so perhaps it may need addn 15 to 30 mins more?

jozy

wah, how come got timing differences between moo and pei one leh.

so i reckon by 4hrs time they should be done, right.

thank you all so much.

piepie02

Maybe mine very straight-forward coz quite a small one.
Ya, think to be safe, 4 hours should be sufficient. Hee hee...

jozy

Hi jumped, thanks thanks.

2400 is the length of wardrobe? Mine's 2900. wow, u have so many vertical poles ah.

I checked, zhenyi said they need at least 4 hrs at most, so i guess I will have to postpone to the last week of oct.haiz.

jozy

the workers came dwn to do up the frame last week and it took nearly half a day to get the frame done. We left after that thinking it's already finished. Who knows the workers called and said they were coming down to take measurement of our wardrobe, but we were not informed and have already left the house.

Haiz, now have to make another appointment.

piepie02

hi ryes,

they din tell u they will do up the frame first, then take measurement? After tat then they will come and fix the door and the system?

I tot you were referring to the fixing of the system only.. thats y told u only two hours plus.. so sorry..

bungy_jumper

hi ryes,
yes 2400 is the length. Actually its an L-shape, the other side is 1700mm.

sorry dint know you included frame. my frame and doors were done by ID

jozy

Hi pei,

no no, you are not wrong, coz my qn was asking abt the internal shelves timing u see. And also i did not expect the frame to take so long..aiyo.

Hi jumped, no worries, thanks for your help.

sjen

Hi,

I was at TPY showroom last weekend looking at the Alumix system and was informed they just revised their pricing downwards.

Service was excellent!

Just to share.

corvette

Hi Sjen,
did you look @ their ximula system? what's the price like?? I was there a couple of weeks ago, Zhenyi told me tat Ximula is having a promo and cost $1980 b4 GST and only left 2 sets. After the promo Ximula is going to raise the price. Can someone confirm this?? I've signed up with them and a bit regretted now.

sjen

Hi Corvette,
i didnt check out Ximula as we'r on budget and we find Alumix good enuff for us. But if i rem correctly the revision may be for Alumix only. Not 100% sure though.

corvette

Hi Sjen,
Thanks
happy.gif
Btw how much is the Alumix that you got?

Does anyone know whether after purchasing the ximula/Alumix system, is it transferable???

sjen

Hi corvette,

was quoted ard $1.1k for a L-shape system (total 3.4m) excluding door.

Any comments on the price?

corvette

Hi Sjen,
tat time when i was there, they also having promo for Alumix system its $1650 w/o GST for a 7ft (come with doors). So ur 3.4m (11.5ft) for that price consider cheap. I've ask zhenyi whether can don't want the doors and charge me cheaper, she mention without doors still the same price for my Ximula. I wonder what's the price now for the ximula system. Anyone has the quote for the Ximula system??

icegoh

Hi,

Anyone like to explain what's the difference between Alumix and Ximula? Been to Alumix showroom before.

apache68

hi to all, I like to find out did you approach Alumix or Ximula after you have completed your renovation or before you start your renovation? Thank you.

sjen

You should do it before so that they can provide you with some ideas on how to design the WIW (if you intend to have one), or to check if your concept/layout plan is feasible etc. And also cos you need to inform your reno contractors bedorehand where you intend to position the wardrobe.

bungy_jumper

icegoh,
ximula cost about 30% more than alumix. ximula using movable rivets so you can reconfigure your shelves anytime you like. Alumix has no rivets so to reconfigure your wardrobe, you have to take apart all the poles and shelves. ximula drawers have no sliding tracks.

hi colin,
before or after reno is fine. After would be a better choice since it is not dirty work. You dont want your reno to make your shelves even more dusty.

apache68

hi all.. sorry.. but does the Toa Payoh factory supplies both Alumix and Ximula systems? thank you.

hi jumped.. thanx for the info.. cos I m thinking of using Alumix or Ximula systems for other wardrobes which I m not doing during my reno.. So it is possible to do it after the reno like an addition wardrobe?

icechoco

hi pei,
That means you hire ximula just to do the WIW separate from your usual contractor that do other renovations or is it part of the package as in you specify the contractor that you want the ximula WIW?

bungy_jumper

hi colin,
they carry both range. You can get a quotation first and then start after the reno.

hi ic,
i specified to my ID that i wanted alumix and was quoted $2700 for the system and $2000 for the doors.
I took the drawings to alumix and was quoted $1500 for system and $1500 for the doors. So i actually saved nearly $3000

piepie02

Hi ic,

Yup, i went directly to ximula at toa payoh. So after the contractor has done most of the reno work, then i asked ximula to fix up the WIW.

icechoco

hi pei,
Thanks for the tip. How much did it cost you?

hi jumped,
WOW! That's a lot of difference leh! Thanks for the tip. So i think now..i know is better to go to them directly if intending to have them.

bungy_jumper

let ur ID quote u first then you get a quote from Alumix with the design.

I only know i saved so much when i did my homework that time.

cecilialim

my ID only quote me about $1.5K... she didn't earn, but in the end i didn't use alumix, i prefer capentry works but is more expensive... even one ID told me don't use alumix, if want this kind choose ximula... cos ximula quality better...alumix uses plastic material for the connection of the poles and shelves, which after some time, will break and the shelves will start slipping down little bit.... i don't know how true, cos i'm not a user, but my ID is, and she don't reccommend... my friend also told me don't do the system as it is not very condusive... she has the system at home... just to inform you guys
happy.gif

piepie02

Hi ic,

my ximula cost me $1650+$300(i changed the door).
The $1650 package came with wooden sliding door, but we prefer those with glass and a little wood.
You can scroll up and see.

chestnut

hi DOG,

does your WIT cause any humidity issues for your clothes? How do you find the Alumix wardrobe after 4 yrs old usage. Any warping of the shelves? Thx
happy.gif