Ang bao rate and who to give

rachelyn

JP angbao rates range from 80 onwards. No fixed rate, but more like token of appreciation. I gave mine $128 and even invited him for buffet dinner at the hotel, which he didn't reject hahaha.

Matilda Lim

sorry but what is JP?

would like to know rough angbao amt for
- bridesmaids/groomsmen
- MOH/BM (diff amt?)
- emcee
- musicians
- set up people
- recep
- ushers

thanks!

rachelyn

@Matilda Lim JP stands for Justice of Peace (aka solemnizer).

I don't really know if there's a market rate for angbaos but I'll be giving my bridesmaids a few gifts put together as an appreciation. I don't wanna give an angbao with an amount, like no sincerity. My mum will give angbaos to them on her own.

Groomsmen will be settled by my hubby, and of course a small token by my mum as well.

Emcee, musicians etc depends whether you are engaging 3rd party services, then you follow their rates and pay accordingly. No need for separate angbao unless you want to out of goodwill.

Matilda Lim

Do you mind sharing what gifts you got?

Emcee, musicians etc will be friends.. so will be giving angbao as token of appreciation. Just not sure how much

rachelyn

@Matilda Lim I'll be getting them personalized gifts, probably with their names or something that represents our friendship.

If you are getting your friends for help, perhaps you can give an amount that you're comfortable with, within your budget. I'm sure they will appreciate your gesture no matter the amount.

MiddleMe

I gave $138 for JP, then $28 (just a token) to all wedding vendors including MUA and her assistant, wait staff, planners, band etc. For family members who helped, I gave a bit more. For emcees, since they are our friends, we gave the same as we would give to our bridesmaids and bestmen.

Most important advice I have been given, always and I mean ALWAYS prepare extra ang baos roughly in the average amount of what you are going to give out. I prepped like extra 15 Ang Baos and I gave them all away when family members or friends stepped in and help on that day.

poohbear18

do you guys give ang pay to your parents in the morning of the wedding day ?

also , how much do we give to bridesmaid and bestman ?

MiddleMe

do you guys give ang pay to your parents in the morning of the wedding day ?

also , how much do we give to bridesmaid and bestman ?
I don't give my parents Ang Pow, in fact they give us. Haha! My dad says its the last angpow he gives.

Depending on how tedious your bridesmaid and bestman need to 'work' at your wedding and of course, how many bridesmaids and bestmen you have. I had only an afternoon wedding lunch with no gate crash, I gave them each $88.

Reveriie

Just a question.. If I'm preparing personalised gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen do I still have to give Ang Baos to them?

ckwndms

Hi, All

We are not doing gatecrash and ours will be a very simple concept and very small (low 100+ guests only)

What we will ask our friends will be to

- set up the photo table
- receiption
- guest book signing
- hand out the car park coupon
- usher next table to be ready for photo taking time
- help bride to open the gown trail

this will be done by 6 different people.

how much should be prepare for their ang bao?

for emcee and video taking friends, we are thinking +/- $100.

Please share your ieas!

bearine

Hi, I have a simple gatecrash, groom just gave my maid of honor (moh) a red packet. No special games. Small banquet 120pax. But it depends how much u require their help and how much u can afford. I gave about $180 each. But some of them "bao" back the same amount. :oops:

Few weeks before the wedding, they also made the effort to come and meet me and talk thru the procedures. And a rehearsal as well.

Minkishly

Need advice on angbao amounts as well! Our bridal party consists of 4 (or 5) bridesmaids and 5 groomsmen. I will be buying the dresses for my bridesmaids and we might be sponsoring the suit jackets for our groomsmen as well. We won't be having any gatecrashing.

Is it okay to give a smaller angbao if we pay for their attire and give them fewer duties? :oops: Also, when do you give the angbaos to your bridal party? At the end of everything?

MrsLaw

Need advice on angbao amounts as well! Our bridal party consists of 4 (or 5) bridesmaids and 5 groomsmen. I will be buying the dresses for my bridesmaids and we might be sponsoring the suit jackets for our groomsmen as well. We won't be having any gatecrashing.

Is it okay to give a smaller angbao if we pay for their attire and give them fewer duties? :oops: Also, when do you give the angbaos to your bridal party? At the end of everything?

Actually for what i heard and know of is either bao angbao for brothers and sisters or sponsor their outfit will do. As angbao will be given to them by both side parents.

Minkishly

Actually for what i heard and know of is either bao angbao for brothers and sisters or sponsor their outfit will do. As angbao will be given to them by both side parents.

Ooh okay thanks! Lol I didn't know that patents will also give. Don't know if my / his parents will be giving or not. :X Maybe I slyly check with my mum. If not, then I will yi si yi si give a bit.