Andaz Singapore

dazzlingjacq

Has anyone attended wedding or has held their wedding at Andaz Singapore? Appreciate if you can share your experience.

Sharon.T

Hi! I am quite keen on Andaz. May i asked if you been to the hotel and are they flexible in terms of extending wedding perks as well as if they have any halal certified kitchen?

dazzlingjacq

Hi! I am quite keen on Andaz. May i asked if you been to the hotel and are they flexible in terms of extending wedding perks as well as if they have any halal certified kitchen?
unfortunately i have not reached that part yet as i am considering holding my wedding late 2019 and have not arranged a viewing yet. Hence trying to gain some insights from the BTBs as well.

Sharon.T

Is a pretty new hotel, but their ballroom is nice with natural daylight i heard. Not sure will it be hot during wedding lunch for my guest. Hmm.. Are you considering wedding lunch or dinner?

xjalin

I’ve signed with them. Hotel ballroom has nice view but internal management may have issue. From my first contact with them till date, they changed 2-3 event manager already. But we really like the ballroom so we went ahead to sign. Hopefully the high turnover rate will not have any negative impact on us. Keep our fingers crossed.

dazzlingjacq

I’ve signed with them. Hotel ballroom has nice view but internal management may have issue. From my first contact with them till date, they changed 2-3 event manager already. But we really like the ballroom so we went ahead to sign. Hopefully the high turnover rate will not have any negative impact on us. Keep our fingers crossed.
Oh Congrats. I love the ballroom too. Do you mind sharing if they throw in extra perks or willing to negotiate the package?

xjalin

Oh Congrats. I love the ballroom too. Do you mind sharing if they throw in extra perks or willing to negotiate the package?

They did throw in one additional wedding wish for me. I’m doing lunch banquet. However, they don’t allow throwing of flower petals during march in. Dry ice is also not provided but you can add on at additional charge. They do not have dummy cake as well. You may rent it or purchase a real one :( In terms of menu, it has not been finalized as they told me middle of the year then the new menu will be out. My AD is in 2019 :)

dazzlingjacq

They did throw in one additional wedding wish for me. I’m doing lunch banquet. However, they don’t allow throwing of flower petals during march in. Dry ice is also not provided but you can add on at additional charge. They do not have dummy cake as well. You may rent it or purchase a real one :( In terms of menu, it has not been finalized as they told me middle of the year then the new menu will be out. My AD is in 2019 :)
Thanks for the info :)

Sharon.T

Sharon.T

Hi xjalin, with regards to the above. Did they mentioned why dummy cake was not provided? Like is funny to not have a dummy cake during wedding.

dazzlingjacq

I went down to take a look at their ballroom, happens they were hosting a wedding that day. I walked in halfway and saw that the dessert table still has left over which means the spread provided for the reception is generous. Also, the flowers provided are done up in tasteful style. Unfortunately price increased for 2019 as expected. I guess if no cake is provided, good excuse to buy a wedding cake of your choice.

xjalin

Hi xjalin, with regards to the above. Did they mentioned why dummy cake was not provided? Like is funny to not have a dummy cake during wedding.

Yes I did ask them as almost all the wedding will have cake cutting. They said bcos they want to do sth more special. They wan us to have more time to spend w our guest instead of doing cake cutting and the guest also won’t get to eat the cake

creamxcookies

I went down to take a look at their ballroom, happens they were hosting a wedding that day. I walked in halfway and saw that the dessert table still has left over which means the spread provided for the reception is generous. Also, the flowers provided are done up in tasteful style. Unfortunately price increased for 2019 as expected. I guess if no cake is provided, good excuse to buy a wedding cake of your choice.

Can share how much they increased for 2019? Quite interested for Andaz, but price will be a concerning factor for me.

Chua Hui Yi

Can share how much they increased for 2019? Quite interested for Andaz, but price will be a concerning factor for me.
We went to view and the person in-charge is Natalie. Their 2019 rate is $1668++. Personally I do not like their reception as it is not on the ground level and we need to rely on the signage to reach their lobby. Basically Andaz shares the building with office (DUO), so once you exit from Bugis MRT via Downtown Line exit you gotta take an escalator (only leads you to office building reception) and then a lift to bring you to their lobby.

The 3rd floor is an event area so you get your private reception, but hotel reception and rooms are way up in the 25th floor onwards. Perks compared to other hotels are much less as they put it under their list of "Wedding Wishes" instead if including it in the package.

Car park coupons may be non-nego as they share the space with office. Dummy cake is not provided as they prefer something less conventional and the cake bar will be provided anyway during reception for guests to enjoy.

Hope it helps

kiki81

Hello anyone taking their dinner package and can share info as I am considering either Andaz or ParkRoyal at Pickering St. I just email on them on the packages and availability for May or Jun 2019. Went to take a visit to Andaz last weekend to see the area and ballroom.

Cutepetz

Anyone had their wedding at Andaz already? I also book with them on Mar 2019 and I want to know if the food is good!

Cutepetz

Hi did they give you additional perks? I'm also considering booking them too. But kinda hard to ask for more

I tried to ask for an additional wish but they say no. They only waive corkage for each table thou. Is probably how good are you in negotiating?

April9669

Really?

their dinner price is so exp, i thought they maybe a little more flexible

Are you taking lunch or dinner?

Cutepetz

Really?

their dinner price is so exp, i thought they maybe a little more flexible

Are you taking lunch or dinner?

Im taking lunch. Yea I just notice for a really new hotel. They are really expensive.
The place is really selling their location and also the style of the ballroom to be one of the kind.

Minnt88

Hi! I’m thinking of holding my wedding in Andaz. Anyone has alr hosted in Andaz? How’s the services and food? Perks strictly non negotiable?