Amara Singapore

fairlady

Keann

thanks for all ur informations! i am looking at their weekday package cos my wedding is in April 04... Still neg with Natalin leh.

we got the same taste! i like the look of the ballroom, so grand! especially the March-in and the theme is so class.

Hi Wycn
Which Package did u took? How much deposit did u put?

W

wycn

Hi fairlady,

I took the weekend package, same as keann, $768 nett. deposit is $3k.

Natalin is not easy to neg. i have traded in the 8 bttls wine for another 20l barrel beer, not sure if that's a good deal or not. All we wanted is to focus on hard liq and beer. We asked for free flow beer, but she says that's only for weekday packages.

Besides that, everything is as stated in the offer, no other perks.

But have not decided on the theme yet. Shd be either grandeur or romance. Any comments which one is better?

fairlady

Wycn

For the theme, last week was there to look at their ballroom and they got function tat day.The couple paid extra for the blue theme, not my taste cos too sweet....

Feel that the Grandeur will be very grand and coolz.

Me n my hubby like red alot, especially my hubby alway feel tat red is lucky... but after looking at the catolgue, the red theme give me the feeling like X'mas leh...

Above are just my comment, hope is useful to u!

keann

Hey hey,
Looks like fairlady, wycn and i are all the kiasu ones....actually i booked in Feb this year..hehehee....but Natalin told me to book durin the wedding show. Got more perks.I do agree that it is quite difficult to get Nat to give in. But becos i showed interest, interest and interest, i was bugging her since Feb to give me discounts. Even got my cousin to go down...cos i am not in Singapore when the wedding show was on. But not too much that she gave me. She did say that if it is on weekday, she can give the free flow beer. But as mine is the weekend one, can't get it.

FAIRLADY: I have yet to view the suite yet leh..but the room doesn't matter lah. As long as got room to put all the stuff and enuff room for friends to squeeze in..hehehee....

I haven't really thought of a theme that i will go with..but i am thinking of going with a Fairytale kinda of theme.....but plans are still tentative....very difficult to come up with ideas.

Any good ideas out there???

W

wycn

Have Keann and fairlady booked your bridal package? any recommendations?

fairlady

Hi wycn,

Keann had areadi booked the package quite some time ago but me have not take up the package yet, need to need squeeze abit fm Natalin if possible....hehee

W

wycn

Nope, mine was natalin.

but think irene is quite good too. very friendly and helpful. Talked to her on a few occasions.

W

wycn

Hi all,

This thread seems to be subsiding...

I actually heard comments from a friend who went for a wedding dinner at Amara just few weeks ago, the comment was that the food is not good at all.

hmm...kinda of worried now. Hopefully the food standard improves....hehhe

keann

hi wycn.
is the food really no good???? oh no no........i haven't try it before....hopefully they won't deterioate too much....cos i saw some postings here saying that it was good!!!

How's preparations??? My good friend is getting married.....in july in Imperium....it's in Taka....i heard the food there is quite good.

B

bp gal

The food's very fine, don't worry. At least it was good with big portions during my wedding dinner! :p

pinkapple

attended a wedding there last month. the food's ok. got one dish: Xue Yu (some fish, dunno the english name)...

very nice!!! very very very nice!!!

W

wycn

xue yu is cod fish in english....

imperium food shd be good since it's under Tung Lok.

Glad that there are at least some good feedback. Anyway, i have already signed up, so have to hope for the best i suppose.

Keann, have you booked your bridal package? i am still looking around. Last time i used to think that going around fitting gowns is a very enjoyable process in getting married, but in fact, its quite a hassle, i realised...hehhe...

anyway, i am still deciding. what abt you?

fairlady

Hi Wycn,

I going down to Amara hotel this week to confirm, natelin dnt give anything leh...

For bridal package i had signed up with Wedding News last mth, maybe u can consider cos quite cheap.

Btw, when are u guys wedding be?

W

wycn

Hi Fairlady,

Im considering Lezen Creation. Heard of it? Anyway, it's not very expensive, reasonable, i shd say.

Wedding will be next early June....looking forward to it actually. now there's nothing much to do except for settling the package and our house that's all.

Im quite tempted to get a real wedding cake to. hmm...but that will be another few more hundreds additional cost...so am still considering...

keann

Hi wcyn,
I have booked my package with Amara in Feb this year...very KIASU!!!! My wedding is in May 2004.hehehee.....

I have bought my gown olediz. I bought it over ebay. If you wanna see it, give me your email.....i have the pics that the model was wearing when i chose it. NO REGRETS definately for buying it. It is a white gown with a long train...and it has transparent beads on it that looks like diamonds. bought it for about SG$900 from a store in USA. They gave me a Hoop for free...you know those hoops for the pom pom underneath the skirt.

But i am looking for a evening gown..haven't seen anything good yet...cos i am not in singapore at the moment, so it's a bit difficult to get tailors .....but i will be back in july to look around the bridal shops in singapore. I was thinking of wearing a kua for my tea ceremony......any kan taos?

W

wycn

Hi Keanne,

wow, you sure settle your things early...heheh...

yours in May, that means our wedding is actually quite close...hmm...

Am interested to look at your gown, can e-mail me at [email protected].

If looking for Kua, you can try House of Etiquette, it majors in Kua. I am also having one for tea ceremony, but mine is provided by the bridal shop.

If you need any comments abt the bridal shops in singapore for your evening gown, can e-mail me, can pass you some of my experiences...heheh..

yvonne

Hi Fairlady,

How many tables did you book for your wedding banquets and how much is the package? Does it fall on weekdays or weekends?

fairlady

Hi Yvonne,

I need abt 25 tables and looking at their $588nett for weekday cos quite budget leh...

Book my wedding package liao except the banquet.

yvonne

Hi fairlady,

So, which wedding package did you book? I thought of weekdays too cos of budget, but if the weekend package still meet my budget, will take weekend cos more convenient. I have increase my budget to not more than $80 per person. Have shortlisted 4 venues, juz waiting to fix the date and I will go down to talk to the respective managers about the packages before making the final decision. Will book earlier even though mine is at Dec'04 cos heard that Dec is a hot month.

fairlady

Yvonne,

Which are the hotels that u have shortlists? i am going down to Amara hotel today to meet with the manager to neg and maybe place the deposit if nothing goes wrong...

Have u book ur bridal package?

yvonne

Hi Fairlady,

I have shortlisted ST, Meritus Mandarin, Amara and Hilton. Have not book the bridal package yet cos i need to fix the venue first.

Anyway, still have alot of time to slowly search for the bridal package.

If you have book from amara, can you tell me what does the package offers?

fairlady

Yvonne,

think all the hotel package is abt the same but my include free flow of beer. but just 1 nite stay at the bridal suite only...

U can consider ST or Amara cos they are very nice and for Amara hotel they just renovate the place only, look very zen. For Meritus Mandarin n Hilton, they are quite old n the march-in is very short.food are not so gd too.

W

wycn

Hi Yvonne,

my package is on a weekend sat, it's $768/table, if i didnt remember wrongly.

Anyway, weekend does not have free flow beer at Amara, it comes with a 20l free barrel and 8 bttles of red wine. the rest are quite std, 2 nights stay at the suite. For the food provided, the price is quite reasonable. But there's corkage charge for wine fyi.

The suite is not very big though sufficient. The ballroom is quite nice.

What does ST stands for? anyway, if your nos of tables falls <28, marina mandarin would be a nice place. the good is great and its a 5 star hotel at $808 only on a weekend. I have actually shortlisted that but becos of my higher table nos, could not fit into their smaller ballroom. They are one of the few hotels offering free flow beer on weekends actually.

Mandarin sing heard was quite okie. But if your table nos is small, will be using the smaller ballroom with quite a nos of pillars. no comments for hilton, cos did not find out anything about them.

Hope the above helps.

yvonne

Hi

Wycn,
ST stands for Sheraton Towers. Thank you for the opinions that you have given. How's the food at Amara? Actually, now i estimated only about 20 tables, maybe getting more as days get nearer. But have to book the banquet venue first.

Fairlady,
You have tried the food at hilton and Meritus mandarin? But i got comments from others that hilton food is not bad and mertius mandarin food is nice. So, I'm quite confused now.So, have you manage to book your banquets already?

yvonne

Hi,

Wycn,
ST stands for Sheraton Towers. So, how's the food in Amara? Any comments on that? I have estimated about 20 tables from the time being, but as date gets nearer, expected to be increased.

Fairlady,
You have tried the food at hilton and meritus mandarin? I'm confused now as i got comments from others that hilton food is not bad and meritus mandarin food is gd.

fairlady

Hi Yvonne,

I have confirmed with Amara Areadi so hopefully it not the wrong choice...

Hilton food is not so nice but for MM i had not try but my friends told me that both hotel r old.

yvonne

Hi Fairlady,

Thnks. I will look into it. How's Amara food? Have you tried before? I have only been to the buffet there, but for the chinese food, I'm not so sure. That's why have to get some response from people. Is the banquet food cater from the restaurant over there?

yvonne

Hi Fairlady,

Is it true that if I want to choose my wedding banquet to fall on the weekend, I need to have a minimum of 25 tables?

Cos I got only 20 tables at the moment after drawing up the guest list with my hubby.

fairlady

Hi Yvonne,

I think so leh, their minimum tables is 25, but for weekdays, they are willing to take lesser. U can try n neg with them maybe they can take 20 tables....

cclimz

Hi 123!

I also met up with Irene. Was very comfortable with her and think that she provided quite excellent services.

cclimz

Hi all,

No one signed up with Amara recently? I have just confirmed my banquet with Amara and choosen Irene as my co-ordinator.

fairlady

Hi cclimz,

I comfirmed with Amara last mth and just sign my agreement last week cos was busy last mth. i deal with Natelin. Btw when ur wedding? Which package did u take? Weekday or weekend?

cclimz

Hi fairlady,

I also signed my agreement last week. My wedding is in Mar 04. I took the weekday 9 course package at $668. However, my will be full vegetarian feast. What about you?

cclimz

Hi fairlady,

So sorry. Just realised that you have already given details of your banquet in earlier postings.

G

gourmet

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here has any feedback on the standard of the food at Amara.

worry

Hi gourmet

hv heard the portion is big but not very nice. okay only. btw amara is only a 4star hotel, right.

worry

Hi cclimz

where did u get this news from?? is dat so?
tot they r still 4 star.

anyone like to comment or confirm?

cclimz

Hi Worry!

Irene from Amara told me that. I went to check out various websites. Some of them state that they are 4/4.5/5* (although most state they are 4*). Quite confused so I checked with Irene again. She confirmed that Amara is 5* business class. I asked her what is this business class thingy and she says this is because 70% of their clients are here on business trip rather than tourist.

worry

Tks cclimz

so u mean there is a 5* tourist hotel classification? so meaning marriot, orchard belong to such category?
very confusing leh...

can it be a self claimed thing? or some professional body award them?

Tks.

jenn

I heard separately from 2 frens that Amara food quite nice, so hopefully the standard stays! And as usual, foodtasting always better than actual dinner itself!
happy.gif

As for whether the hotel is 4*/5*, it does not really matter right? Initially I had felt its kinda ex for a non-Orchard Road and non-Marina hotel. But truth is the look and deco is much newer and more modern than most of the 5* hotels. That's y I booked with them eventually!

BTW, does anyone know how much we need to top up for the Dreams theme?

tigerlily

hey,

i just received a wedding invitation from a friend who's holding his wedding at Amara. I must say the card is really nice. very classy!!

heard from him that the newly renovated ballroom is very nice.

fairlady

Hi Tigerlily,

The hotel just renovated 2 yrs ago, the ballroom is very nice cos i signed up w them for my wedding. the whole place look so classy too...

Can i check w u, wat the color of the invitation card?

T

tuppy

the white card is nice..
but the red card is yukky.. yukky yukky yukky..

ditto

hi amara brides,
does anyone of you know if i can compile my own songs and play it in Amara?
does amara allow you to play your own compilation of songs on a CD?

Just curious..cos the other day heard from a friend to check it out with hotel before compiling..

Thanks!

fairlady

Hi,
just received a call fm Amara yesterday, was told that Natelin was no longer with them!!

Anyone who to contact in future?