Advice for PLus Size brides

parmida

Hi Por,

Good to hear that u enjoyed urself very much
happy.gif
so ur brothers became 'sisters' tat nite huh :p

parmida

Hi gals,

Got anyone have the audio version of "I finally found someone" song?? My dinner place sound system can only accept the audio cd type...

parmida

Hi chimes,

Selected my WG and EG designs and colors liao, and took my measurements too on thurs...hehe

Had a hard time deciding on the designs and colors..*shake head*
Gotta top up but thank goodness not alot
happy.gif

Now gotta look for shoes...So any recommendations where to get nice and not expensive shoes??

jazzy_chimes

hey parmida,

so what are the designs like? as in yr gown type ... bustier, halter or? colours?

Hmmm .. shoes ahh ... Takashimaya quite a lot of shoes, Aldo and Pedal Works also not too bad

jengcc

hi ladies..
seems everyone getting bz with prepes..
i think i also have to call my BS to arrange for appt to MTM my WG n EG

missycandy

hi where cn i find plus sized cheong sams ??? or if wana tailor make, where cn i do it not so exp... with wedding n hse on the way... funds dry liao.. *sobx*

berry_egg

Hi chimes & Parmida,

have both of you engaged with Bobman? how do u find his works? i have shortlisted him, but what he showed me when we met up was not quite the same from his website.

parmida

Hi berryegg,

me did not engaged bobman...dun think will either..but im still searching for one...was thinking to wait for the BOWS in Jan,see if i can get any good deals...hehe

jazzy_chimes

hi orange,
Im also having the same problem ... big fat arms .. after flipping thru' some magazines, I think can try asking your BS designer for the following possibilities: shawl, clip-on sleeves, sheer sleeves ... or some accessories that can drape over the arms?

jazzy_chimes

I saw from the bridal magazines that D'sire brides who are plus size have sheer sleeves on their gowns ... look pretty chic ... maybe can discuss with our BS

Parmida, you have no problem with arms right?

parmida

Hi Chimes,

Me have abit bah...but i just let it be..heehee..abit thick-skin hor? :p
I think it just how comfy u are wif ur arms..for me i just decide to leave it as it is..
happy.gif

jazzy_chimes

Parmida, then I think I need your courage ... my arms cannot be seen *lol* will try my best to either trim them or hide them with something ... I can't seem to convince myself to be comfy with my arms :p

taime81

My rom postponed to next year may cause bf grandpa pass away. Kindly of disappointed cause i got everything prepared even the labels for the wedding favours. Even my prehoneymoon also postponed.

Hey i got very big arm and was very stress previously cause my rom dress from digio was halter design. Sis say halter will put emphasis on my arm. So i took up radio frequency on arm & tummy. I did 3 session so far, lost 3 cm on my tummy (1 measurement) & 1 cm on my right arm, 0.5cm on my left arm. Amazingly, measurement was taken before my 3rd treatment. Thou not a lot on my arm, i was still very happy, it is so hard to lost 1 cm on my fat arm.

My sis saw my result she also took up a package with the small beauty salon. But pretty expensive thou but back then i was too stress and need to lost my arm within 1 month as much as possible. My sis say can see my arm toned up but not sure how true, i ask my hubby to me, he like no feeling one, he will only say me put on weight, never say i slim down 1.

Today i went to measure myself again, kind of happy, lost 1 inch of my waist thou i've not been back for treatment more than 1 week. Suppose to do weekly by rom cancel no mood to go back to do treatment. Hopefully i can lose more b3fore my rom next may.

taime81

Yes still having AD on 2009. Actually we did held of helding ROM & AD together,but 2008 like too little time to prepare, 2009 like drag too long for rom worry that relatives question another rounds.

Ladies, dorothy perkins having good sales. Quite a bit of items on 50% discount. Bought a denim skirt @ $26 only. Lazenza bra up to 70% discount too.

jazzy_chimes

Btw Charmaine, Im also having my ROM in May next year, mine's 20 May, how abt you?
Hee ... I juz spent abt 180 bucks in Dorothy Perkins yesterday, bought abt 5 pcs of clothings there ...
G2000 also having 30% off ... their pink and blu label have big sizes up to 42, I bought quite a few working pieces there too.

jazzy_chimes

oh .. Vesak Day hee ..
I went to the Great World City outlet .. I guess it shd be their biggest outlet by far, cuz they carry shoes as well, they had a pretty good range of working wear there.

tokyoboyz

Hi gals,
i m also looking for a rom dress, but i got huge hips..really dun want to emphasis them, any suggestions? i really leaving things to last minute..my rom is 28 jan 08

thanks in advance for your help
happy.gif

parmida

hi charmaine,

maybe hold ur AD end of 08?? shd have time to prepare...me booked my AD venue abt 8 mths b4..and now still not doing anything much..sigh.

Hi Chimes,

ur ROM date is one week earlier than my ROM date(3yrs back :p) and my AD date too
happy.gif

ecclesia

hi gals,
help.. any advise on big arms (upper & lower) ? I thot of clip-on or something, but I'm really short, so can't really use too much extras. I've made my gown so wide due to my big hips..

is there anything else can help out (NO slimming pills pls..)? cross-training not really working.. my AD is less than 3 mths.. very panicky now..

thanks..

dearris

Hi Gals..

MIA for quite awhile after my wedding .. Pls dun ask me got busy make babies or not ! hahaha Everyone have been asking that question after the wedding ... stressss... hahaha

Look for Por .. ask her to show u her dinner wedding photos .. she hv nice cover up on the arms..heehee

for mine, my designer add simple lace sleeve on the gown

592936.jpg

Mine is just ok.. but think Hedgehog(Por) is nicer.. heehee

Anyway.. u gals all good leh.. got go slimming.. me hopeless case..

Charmaine .. u where got fat ? u the very most sz12 .. consider small to me .. hahaha

Maine .. Keep up the good work !! slim more !!

Ling ..

"Zhen ju" ?? exercise ? diet ?

birnerd

hi gals.. i need help.. can u gals help me to decide which is nicer? i am stuck and i will be having my outdoor PS next week.. so i have to decide which to use for my actual day and outdoor..
593139.jpg

593140.jpg

ecclesia

Hi dearris,
that's really nice.. the lace idea was great.. and your gown is really stunning..

BT, you mean you need to choose between only these two for the PS and AD ah..? Um.. the lace one looks more grand for AD.. with the ribbon that make it really sweet, as for PS, they can always do digital touch ups.. but again, as my FH always says, go with your heart, choose what you like..
happy.gif

dearris

Hi BT

I also think the halter-neck gown is nicer for AD. But Ling is right, follow your own heart..

choose the one that you feel most comfortable with.
happy.gif

birnerd

thanks gals.. i m with DG..

does anyone wear long veil during march in? i need the veil to cover my big arms if i will to chose the halter neck gown..

i been to few gown fitting and has kinda of reserved the one with sleeve for my AD as i love the back of the gown.. very girly... its only i went for my final gown fitting and choosing my outdoor, then i come across this halter neck.. and thus, landing in this dilemma..

taime81

Hi BT,

I prefer the 2nd grown, more grand.
I was at digio trying my rom dress, saw a plus size lady wearing her grown with a long veil. Digio got pretty nice veil, you can try on. I also wearing a halter rom dress from digio, trying to slim down my arm desperately but i got them to arrange for shawl for me to standby. Yr arm look ok on the photo actually. Seems like you look slimmer on the 2nd photo too. Digio allows you to take photo while trying dress ah?

Hi Chimes, you mean at the dinner cannot wear veil already?

Hi Derris, me size 14, hoping to lose until sz 10-12 then super happy.

jazzy_chimes

hi Charmaine, yup, the veil can only be worn once ... there's certain significance to wearing the veil ... but i can't really remember .. will find out and let u know hee