Actual Day Schedule

yanqiu

hi plasterbride,

personally i find it alright. As long as both families dont mind, i dont see why cant you do it to save time.

jadeite

even though my parents are really not the traditional type, my mum for some reason still insists that it shld be done the usual way - after ceremony couple serves tea at the hubby's side, then changes clothes and serves tea at the bride's side. strange... heh. even tho personally i don't even really care about the tea ceremony. maybe we are too modern in our thinking already :D

erushi

is it ok to have go back groom place again for tea ceremony as it is too early, thinking of gg to have some AD PS then go back again in late morning...

greentwinkle12

precious! your blog is useful! thanks for sharing.. Am preparing mine for this Dec.. so much info.

And you look great on your big day! =))

jbty

Hi Princess,

I m interested tat how did u manage to get all e softcopies?
Pls let me know.
Your blog is so much info n really useful. Thanks for ur sharing.

bluereign79

is it a must for the bride to change into 'kua' when we return to her parents' place for tea ceremony? (after 1st tea ceremony at groom's place).. our wedding will be a church reception after early morning tea ceremony.

or is this a specific dialect group customs only?
(btw, we're both teochew)

Thanks.

girlstuff

Hi all.

I will be having my solemnisation ceremony just before my dinner on the AD. I was thinking of having the tea ceremony (for both bride and groom's family) right after the solemnisation in the hotel's function room. So, in this case, how would my schedule be? I am alil confused.

Anybody who's having similar arrangements as me?

mintz0309

hi sherley,

i will be having the same arrangement with you. planning the solemnisation at 6pm and tea ceremony to commence right after around 6.30-6.45pm.

girlstuff

Hi mintz,

Glad to know someone who's having the same arrangements. So, what are u going to do after the groom fetched you from your place to his, since the tea ceremony for both sides are to be done in the evening??

mintz0309

actually mine is an even more simplified version. after the fetching, we will head to a nearby nature reserve park for a quick photoshoot and back to my place for catered lunch. after that we will go to the hotel to prepare for the evening.

my initial plan was to proceed straight to the hotel right after the fetching. but overspent on my bridal stuffs and no more budget to host lunch at the hotel for my entire group =p

it will be an early start to the evening so you will appreciate the rest in between.

girlstuff

I was thinking through and got some ideas from your arrangement. Probably, aft fetching me to the groom's house, we (together with the bridal party) will go somewhr to take some photos... then we'll proceed back to the hotel for lunch (Mine's at Mandarin Oriental so prob hv lunch at Marina Sq) before returning to the bridal suite at the hotel...
Seems workable to me at the moment...

girlstuff

Hi Mintz..
what;s ur AD? So glad to hear someone holding the dinner at the same venue.. U decided on the theme yet?

mintz0309

mine's exactly one month from today! likely to go for the love theme with some chance in the flower colours.

who is your coordinator?

girlstuff

Yes, i do love the LOVE theme too... also thinking of changing the flower to something more pastel instead of like champagne white which i think is the original colour. Dunno whether can do like light purple or something.... I hv not decided..

My co-ord is Bethany. How abt u?
Pls show me the dinner photos ? would love to see the setting if u decide to change the flower colours =)

mintz0309

think the yam rose can go with love theme too. =) i'm going for red roses for the the bridal tables, should be keeping the original colour for the guest tables.

my coordinator is mark. you have multiply? can add me at mintz0309, will be uploading my photos there.

girlstuff

Mintz, your photos are awesome! I love the setting u chose for the bridal table. The centrepiece chosen was supposed to be from Happiness theme is it? The red roses match the setting very well and i think it makes the bridal table stands out even more =)

mintz0309

hey girlstuff, met up with mark over the weekend and confirmed the red roses for bridal/vip tables and ivory roses for guest tables. and nope, the floral arrangement is the usual one for love theme except for the flower colour.

girlstuff

I see... the red roses remind me of the happiness theme.

My dinner still a long way ahead so i'll still have time to think abt it.

Arent u excited? Ur wedding is just a few more weeks away. Who is ur AD MUA? I need to source for a few MUAs for myself, mum, MIL and sisters.. Think i need 2 MUAs at least...

misskermit

Hi! My is at Mandarin Oriental too! Can share the pics for the theme? Cos I cannot decide!
happy.gif

shirley_jeffrey

Help!
my MIL say i have to enter the house by 6.30am.
But that is too early... can i enter the house by 6.30am, then leave the house again for PhotoShooting, after which come back again for the tea ceremony?? is it OK to wear WG and enter the house twice??

saggiegirl

shirley> 6.30am is early
happy.gif
is it because ur MIL is teochew? or u consult a master for the timing ??
happy.gif

what i ustd is that the couple is to enter the hse, then proceed for tea ceremony, then light up the bedside lamps, then bride to change to tea-dress/KUA/cheongsam/another outfit, then go back to bride's family for tea ceremony...

u can do ur photoshoot after the groom's tea ceremony bef changing back to tea-dress & after your side tea ceremony
happy.gif

i never heard of any bride wearing WG and enter the hse twice...
happy.gif

shirley_jeffrey

sighx.....
he is a teochew, but we have consult a master on the timing as well.
even my PG say on that day only 5-7am is good timing.

woh.... meaning i must wear KUA go out.. i was planning wear WG go out take pictures, after which get change outside into KUA

diamondfericia

Great!! I just open a thread something similar to your case...

Am a Teochew while my HTB is a Hakka and I have to reach his place before 7am. The problem now is ppl will go through the ceremony after that but his relatives don't or perhaps not willingly to arrive so early for the tea ceremony? PIL set a time for tea ceremony at 9am which the photo-videographer will have to wait for 2 hrs.

Can I step in his hs before the auspicious time and step out for outdoor shoots then return to his place for tea ceremony or I have to stay at his hs till tea ceremony finish?

shirley_jeffrey

Hi Fericia,

I understand from my MIL, that i can do so.
Cos the most impt timing is the time when i stepped in and do the praying.

i didn't wanna waste the time to wait for relative to arrive, thus i also ask if i can go out to do PS for about 2hrs den go back to hubby place for tea ceremony again..

Most of them say OK, but its just that i haven't seen ppl doing so .. that y asking...

when is ur wedding??
u also got to be so early arh??

diamondfericia

I think I will be doing the same as well, don't wanna waste the time.

My AD is on Nov 21 and yes, I have to wake up at 3.30am. I hope am able to wake up or I think I will be able to slp also...

When is your AD?

shirley_jeffrey

Hehee.....
Mine is on the 25 Oct.
just 2 wk to go....
yeah loh.
my MUA say need to start makeup at 3am.
Cos i want her to straighten my hair before doing the curl .
so she say must start at 3am

shirley_jeffrey

Oh yeah, gal, in case urs is also very early must reach ur hubby place.
my understanding is when i go over, i must pray to the anestor first, den tea ceremony for PIL, MIL .
Only after which i can go out to take PS (like that den consider i am "inside" the house liao...

after that i go take PS for about 2hrs...
den come back tea ceremony for relatives
happy.gif

chris_miu

Hi all, newbie bride to be here. i am planning to hold a church wedding for my wedding any idea? or any shedule for me to refer?

jotanjotan

hi chris,

May i knw where is your outdoor venue for ROM? Hw mch you had spent in catering the buffet and the decor? kinda share? thanks.

joannepang

I'm not having dinner also, now also headache on planning as I have to leave house at 8 and rch groom's house at 9.30. But hor, my place and his place just a 20 min journey...haiz dunno how. wondering anyone do their tea ceremony all at one place? which means serve tea to both groom and bride side family at one place...

jassiemint

hi joanne, can ask the groom to drive around before reach ur house. i think can have both side tea ceremony at one place , and i plan to do so.

msss

Hi Joanne, I'm planning to do a combined tea ceremony, too! The plan is to have the tea ceremony just before the cocktail around 5-6pm, at or near to the dinner venue (convenient for couple), then proceed to cocktail right after. If your suite is big enough, you can do it there!

In this way, both families dont have to make a trip during the day to the couple parents' place to drink the tea. The good thing is, you dont have to travel back and forth

What do you think?

ashlene

Hihi, just to share my current draft for AD schedule. Anyone can help see if I left anything major out?

5:30 AM Wake up
6:00 AM MUA at bride's place
08:00AM Pick bride up
8:30 AM Reach groom's house for tea ceremony
10:00AM Wrap up everything & send bride to Hotel
10:30AM Bride's side tea ceremony at Hotel
12:00 PM Lunch

1:00 PM Helpers to reach church, to assist in overseeing buffet, decor & table/chairs rental and pay caterer.

1:30 PM Bride leaves for church

2:20 PM Groom waits INSIDE church & guest must be seated by 2:40PM

2:45PM March-in & church service + solemnization proceeds

3:30PM Hi-tea Reception begins
4:00 PM Photo session with guests
5:00 PM Drive back to hotel
5:30 PM Makeup for dinner

7:00PM Groom & helper check that everything is OK & settled in hotel ballroom.

7:30 PM Bride is ready
8:20 - 8:30PM Bride & Groom can march in
9:10PM 2nd march-in
9:20PM Groom thanks the guests followed by champagn toasting & cake cutting
9:30PM Yum Seng
9:45-10:30PM Photo session with guests
11:00PM END OF DINNER

joannepang

Harlo I'm back, sorry lost this track. Jas & MS thks for the suggestion but i'm not throwing dinner banquet.

So now plan will be serve tea to parents only respectively at our house, and will invite all guests to restaurant and have tea ceremony for relatives there and directly starts lunch after finish serving tea.

Humm just that both houses won't be so merry since everyone will straight go to restaurant...hehe so I suppose my Video scene for home will seems funny

big~ego

Hi all,

My wife and i finished our wedding last year dec, and we do have a copy of the programme for the AD schedule. Not sure if it helps anyone out here... But if you do need something to start somewhere, please feel free to let me know and i am most happy to share it with you all