A thread to share your fave juice recipe

lisssssy

i think the buy big get small fruitylite promotion as ended.

right now they are having the waist tonic and fruitylite bundle for $40. quite worth it if you ask me. especially when the waist tonic costs around $42.

can buy the waist tonic and give it to your parents and keep the fruitylite for yourself. hehehe.
happy.gif

honger

no wonder, i just got my fruitylite today and was wondering how come no small pack.

thanks for the information dear. will have to act faster next time.

lisssssy

no worries dear.

fruitylite is quite popular in my office. so usually somebody will buy them and stock up.

thus if got promotion we'll all know about it. hehehe.

babyk

Hi guys,
A friend of mine gave me a pot of aloe vera plant. When I cut the leave, inside is gel like.

Anybody knows how to get the bits like thing you find in some drinks?

Thanks!

lisssssy

fruitylite is good enough to drink on its own.
happy.gif

for juices, i'll usually drink freshly made orange juice or buy from the juice stall.

tootsying

i love to drink green apple juice!

i drink fruitylite as well. but i dont think you can mix it into juices right? or can you?

honger

i dont think you can mix fruitylite with juices.

fruitylite is good enough to drink on its own. so are the fruit juices!

tootsying

i guess you're right.

fruitylite is good enough to drink on its own.

been drinking it lately as i was getting quite heaty.

on top of my favourite green apple juice too. :D

lisssssy

been drinking this abc juice lately.

despite the color, it's actually quite tasty.

and of course, fruitylite is nice as well.
happy.gif

honger

i tried abc before. not really a fan of it. still prefer drinking green apple.
happy.gif

i think fruit juices should be purely juices lah. don't need to eat fruitylite. both just drink on its own can already. :D

verang12

Scrub young beets, or beetroots as some people call them, and put them through the juicer. This makes an extremely beautiful wine-red juice, which unfortunately tastes very unpleasant. Therefore only small amounts of beet juice can be used. Take 2/3 of canned pineapple juice and 1/3 beet juice for a very pleasant drink.

Health Benefits:These colorful root vegetables contain powerful nutrient compounds that help protect against heart disease, birth defects and certain cancers, especially colon cancer.

lisssssy

canned pineapple juice? but isn't pineapple juice not very good for the stomach?

i think for juices, it's best to drink the freshly made one isnt it? the processed ones have sugar in them.

i feel like drinking a glass of ice cold juice now or fruitylite. like after dinner desserts.
happy.gif

are

ladies... pls take note that the sweeter the fruit, the higher the fructose level, which is equals to sugar, so don't overtake juices as well. fruits mixed with vegetables is better.

bundchen_wanabe

I once consulted a well-known slimming doc in Dover. He told me once that indeed fruit juices r fattening. Coz for the same no. of oranges (example) in a glass, it gives u the same no of calories but not the same amt of fullness vs eating that no of oranges... be it 100% fresh or not. These fruits have frutose which is like sugar to the body. Thus gals who wana slim down by going on a fruits dinner diet is likely not to slim down. As sugars from fruits eaten after 7pm will not be burn n stored in the body as fats.

That was what the doc commented. Thus eating the real fruit is better

are

LC... it is also cos if you juice fruits, you tend to take a lot more than eating the fruits, so you take in a lot of fructose. it is better to blend than juice, meaning you eat the pulp of the fruits as well, more fibre also. can mix with vege or even nuts to make it more filling if using as meal replacement. juice from outside usually hv added sugar, or the fruits are soaked in sugar water.

not all fruits are high in fructose. stay away from very sweet fruits like mangoes, pineapples. fruits that are good are like grapes, papaya, apples, oranges. you can easily get a longer list if you surf for it. that being said, fruits are still an essential part of our diet, and should be taken more to replace carbs.

jassiemint

Actually veggie like broccoli etc are better to me. If I'm nit wrong grape, banana, papaya , mango are high in fructose . Guava or apple shld be okie? Correct me If I'm wrong

honger

hmm. i take alot of veggies as well

sometimes i'll boil some broccoli and eat them with a little dash of pepper.

i didnt know taking fruits can be fattening as well. guess we have to really take note to what we eat.

fruit juices are not the same as taking the actual fruit? hmmm. i need to go do a little research on this as well.

i guess i'll just stick to drinking fruitylite and eat the real fruits instead of the juices now.

bundchen_wanabe

yes of coz, eating the actual fruit is healthier w fibre and keeps u full.. i know banana n honey dew is v high in sugar. but banana is a great energy food which is better taken in the morning vs at night for dinner... perhaps for people who love juicies, blending them is better as u probably will use lesser no of fruits to make up a cup. And u include the fibre as well. Another trick is to add a vegetable like celery or bitter gourd as the base of the juice and adding just 1 orange or any other fruit to make it taste nicer.

patriciafe

My favorite is green...cucumber, spinach, celery. I usually juice a whole cuke, then a handful of spinach and a stalk of celery. Too much celery and it's too spicy, and too much spinach can wreck your digestion. Cucumber juice is awesome. Oh, and if that's all too weird for you, then throw in a green apple too.

lisssssy

oh dear i didnt know drinking fruit juice and eating the actual fruits differ so much!

guess i will have to pay more attention to this then.

usually i just buy juice from the stall when i feel like it. or drink the fruitylite from my pantry. i guess i will be adding a few fruits to my daily diet from now on.

cutesydew

i dint know drinking fruit juice and eating fruits has such a huge difference.

thanks for the recommendation. will try that combination soon. and well. hopefully it tastes as good as you say.

recently im just eating apples or bananas. if not lazy then make into juice if not just drink fruitylite or those bottled juices.

honger

i have been eating so much during the festive period that it's not funny now.
sad.gif

feeling bloated all day long ain't the best feeling to be feeling this period. luckily i drank fruitylite and also fruit juices at night to help with digestion and also going to the toilet.

remember not to over eat ladies!

lisssssy

thanks for sharing.

i have been over eating lately due to the festive season.

i think the best way is to control what we eat if not cannot always depend on stuff like fruitylite or what to help relieve the stomach.

maylitte

Just about everyone I know likes V8 juice.

But, unfortunately, the stuff that comes in the bottles and cans is full of salt and has had most of the life cooked right out of it.

Well, I get around these problems by making my own healthy V8 juice, and you can to

My favorite V8 recipe, a raw concoction that's healthy and tasty...

Raw V8 Juice

6 medium-sized carrots
1 small beet (wash well)
3 large tomatoes
1 bag baby spinach
1/4 head fresh cabbage
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
3 stalks celery
1/4 sweet onion
1/2 clove garlic or less if you don't care for garlic
Kale leaves (a little goes a long way so be careful)
Chili pepper to taste
Salt to taste

Run all the vegetables through your juicer, add salt to taste, and then sit back and enjoy the healthiest V-8 juice around. Tabasco sauce to taste can be substituted for the chili pepper.

honger

that sounds really complicated.

will give it a try during the weekend. hopefully its as good as it sounds. hehe.

been drinking fruitylite and prune juice to help with my constipated problems.

tootsying

thanks for sharing! will try it soon as well!!

usually i drink guava juice. or fruitylite at times when i want a change.

jackiejillie

Hi there

I just saw this unique thread about juicing recipes... just wanna share, nowadays I always include fiber into my juices. It's really good for detoxing, esp during festive period of munching all those goodies.

If anyone is keen, I buy the organic lacto-fiber from NaturCare (Tupperware). I get discounts (about 20% off retail price) too. Can PM me if keen....

lisssssy

i think now you can try fruitylite extra instead. it's sugar free and it has added vitamin c. taste somewhat similiar to fruitylite. beats drinking soft drinks sometimes. or if bored of juices and try also.

honger

i tried this fruitylite extra the other time while out visiting my aunt. not sure whether i like it or not but it does taste a little different. i didn't know that is is now sugarfree and has added vitamin c now.

think i'll go buy a box and try it out myself now and compare it to the original and see which one i prefer.
happy.gif

lisssssy

you should go try the new version of fruitylite. i tried it and find it to be quite nice.

now you can just drink it without having to worry about the sugar content. just like soft drinks like that. pretty good.

honger

you should check the fruitylite extra out. i tried it personally and find it not bad. taste somewhat similiar to the original and now it has added vitamin c. so it's not bad.

personally i prefer the original but let me try the new one for abit more and see.

lisssssy

been drinking fruitylite extra for awhile now. so far i think the taste is ok. but sometimes i'll still make the original one and drink.

then again, i just cant bear to stop drinking my green apple juice as well!

honger

i made some fruitylite float the other day.

iced cold fruitylite and ice cream goes very well together. really suitable for the crazy weather these days!

lisssssy

a little out of topic but have you tried their herbal tea before? it's called summer spring if i'm not wrong.

tried it the other day and find it rather soothing! good for a hot day as well! can try if looking for an alternative!

honger

summer spring? i have never heard of it before. is it really as good as the traditional kind?

i will go see if can find it in the supermarket and buy and try.

tootsying

instant herbal tea? never heard of this summer spring as well.

does it comes in sample packs? if they do maybe i can buy and try it out.

honger

i went and got myself a box of the summer spring.

actually taste not bad. and i had it chilled. so it's quite shiok as well. hopefully the herbal tea works as well when it's chilled. :p

cutesydew

instant herbal tea? such things got instant one meh?

sounds really interesting. will go check this summer spring out! hopefully its good and can help relieve some of this heat!

honger

ya. instant herbal tea. was quite skeptical about it in the beginning but after buying the sample pack it actually tastes quite good this summer spring. can bring to the office and make also. helps to 'relieve' the heat!

lisssssy

the summer spring is not bad lah.

the first time i had it i thought it was a little too sweet so i added more water to it to even out the taste and it taste just nice to my liking.

cutesydew

i saw this summer spring the other day and bought it to try. since it was a sample pack so i thougth why not right?

it's quite tasty. i chilled it the other time when i drank. quite shiok!

honger

i bought a sample box of summer spring to the office to keep. helps to relieve the 'fire' during a hot day.

quite nice actually. haven't tried it chilled tho. will give it a try sometime soon!

lisssssy

you had your summer spring chilled? to me herbal tea should always be taken warm. that's why i had it warm.

i'll try drinking the chilled version soon! hopefully it's as good as you mentioned!
happy.gif

tootsying

yeah. i drank the summer spring herbal tea chilled.

quite shiok la. you can try especially when the weather is so hot. it's quite cooling.

cutesydew

yups. so hot you should try drinking some herbal tea to cool down.

summer spring is not bad. can bring go put in office. drink anytime when feeling 'fired' up! Hahaha!