A simple wedding

Chui84

We decided to hold a simple solemnization for our wedding..no fetching bride..anyone doing the same like me?

yanniesg

We decided to hold a simple solemnization for our wedding..no fetching bride..anyone doing the same like me?

Me! We had an intimate solemnization with just our family members. If you need, I have a brand new feather pen, mr&mrs signage and table&chair covers.

image.jpeg

Hey guys,
Since I am all into simple weddings, I would like to hear some details regarding your's. How "simple" was the ceremony, how many guests, some ideas to keep the wedding intimate but joyful etc. Ah, yes, did you all wear wedding dresses :) ? I would really like to keep the dress "big" :) :) Thanks!

akane81

I'm also planning a simple wedding and there'll be no fetching of bride, no gatecrashing, guess might not even need bridal car as well as we're going to take pre-wedding shoots overseas and I'm just going to rent a simple gown for the wedding lunch/tea/celebration.

Everything is still at planning stage so I cant really share my experiences, can only share some ideas I have. :p
Things that I want to focus on: overseas pre-wedding shoot, classy and nice venue for the lunch (about 100 pax), photography on AD, honeymoon
Other stuff i'll probably do without: bridesmaids, tea ceremony (depends on what my parents say)

In fact, I asked my HTB not to bother about engagement ring and we just focus on getting our wedding bands, as we've actually came to a common agreement to get married instead of him proposing lolx. Is that odd?

veebee

I'm also planning a simple wedding and there'll be no fetching of bride, no gatecrashing, guess might not even need bridal car as well as we're going to take pre-wedding shoots overseas and I'm just going to rent a simple gown for the wedding lunch/tea/celebration.

Everything is still at planning stage so I cant really share my experiences, can only share some ideas I have. :p
Things that I want to focus on: overseas pre-wedding shoot, classy and nice venue for the lunch (about 100 pax), photography on AD, honeymoon
Other stuff i'll probably do without: bridesmaids, tea ceremony (depends on what my parents say)

In fact, I asked my HTB not to bother about engagement ring and we just focus on getting our wedding bands, as we've actually came to a common agreement to get married instead of him proposing lolx. Is that odd?

That's exactly what we wanted at first... till i told my parents that im getting married.
My dad start going to feng shui master to pick dates.. mom start talking about guo da li and stuff and the list goes on and on with all my htb relatives adding ideas..
In the end we just decide to just go ahead with the traditional Chinese wedding as not to upset the elderly... LOL

akane81

That's exactly what we wanted at first... till i told my parents that im getting married.
My dad start going to feng shui master to pick dates.. mom start talking about guo da li and stuff and the list goes on and on with all my htb relatives adding ideas..
In the end we just decide to just go ahead with the traditional Chinese wedding as not to upset the elderly... LOL

Lolx I know what you mean! My parents initially said just go honeymoon, dont hold any wedding here... Then after my mum heard that I'm going to have a simple wedding lunch, she said should have tea ceremony for the elders also. :cool:

But other than that, they did not mention anything else. We already picked some more auspicious dates that fall on weekend from the internet, so guess they wont be going to a feng shui master to check out the dates, and hopefully no guo da li or buying of jewelry etc. One thing is my HTB is a foreigner, so the wedding gotta be a fusion and such customs does not make any sense to him.