stitchys

Hello BTB & Graduated brides,
Need help/ suggestions on wedding lunch/dinner venue.
Looking for venues which can cater below 20 tables and of affordable price (below 1k/table).

Checked on rates for Ban Heng/ Qian Xi etc but theirs min. are 25 table.

Appreciate if you can share if you have similar plans or came across such venue.

Thank you!

miyabikkg

Looking for venues which can cater below 20 tables and of affordable price (below 1k/table).

Appreciate if you can share if you have similar plans or came across such venue.

Thank you!

You can try Peony Jade.
I also had the same conditions as you, and took Peony Jade Keppel in the end.
They can take 15~21 tables for the restaurant.
Their packages are from around 800-1200.

mooremm

Hi, I am selling away the pre-wedding (studio) photoshoot package as HB and I decided to have it done at my hometown instead as it feels closer to heart. The package is inclusive of:

- 10 x 12 inch album (34 poses)
- 20 x 24 inch OR 3 In i OR 8 In 1 Photo with Frame - 1 pcs
- 10 x 12 inch Table Top Photo with Frame - 2 pcs
- 5R Minim album (30 pcs)
- Free CD ROM
- Free 4 outfits (bride)
- Free 3 jackets (bridegroom)
- Free make-up & hairdo
- Free flower bouquet

Please pm me if you are keen. Thanks.

mooremm

Thank you!

Perhaps Hotel Jen @ OrchardGateway? They do cater for intimate chinese wedding banquet, i suppose the 'intimate' implies smaller scale? hehe ... I am still waiting for them to get back

mooremm

Perhaps Hotel Jen @ OrchardGateway? They do cater for intimate chinese wedding banquet, i suppose the 'intimate' implies smaller scale? hehe ... I am still waiting for them to get back

You can try TungLok @ Orchard Central too. Minimum 15 tables, Maximum 18 tables, ranging from $588

Thank you!

Can try TungLok @ Orchard Central too. Minimum 15 tables, Maximum 18 tables, ranging from $588 to $888.

Rinzilla

Thank you!

I've just went to a really good wedding dinner at Yishun Safra Pin Shi.
The location is really so-so, very minimal decor and all, but the food was mindblowing. The bride told me she top up quite a few dishes and it just hit $1000? We had bird nest, sea cucumber and it tasted really good! If food is your priority you can try Pin Shi!

Rinzilla

Hello all 2018 BTB!

Are you all set with the GDL stuff already not? I'm the maid of honor for my bestfriend's wedding and she appointed me to help me settle all these things for her. OMG. What do I begin with????

angelccl93

Hi, i heard pre-wedding photoshoot till the final product could add up to the range of 8k to 10k although the package signed during promotion is abt 3k due to additional photos and miscellanous... is it true?

Yes, it's true. We signed our package for 3k+ for our pre-wedding shoot in Taiwan but we ended up spending a total of 8k because my husband and I really love majority of the photos! so we added on quite alot of photos and also because we added in the drone to take video of the breathtaking scenery there to show at our wedding. And also we added in actual day photographer + videographer from their bridal studio.

miyabikkg

Hello all 2018 BTB!

Are you all set with the GDL stuff already not? I'm the maid of honor for my bestfriend's wedding and she appointed me to help me settle all these things for her. OMG. What do I begin with????

I think find out first the budget and how traditional your bride wants the guodali to be like?

There are quite a few shops that sells GDL package according to the groom/bride dialect group and how traditional they want it.
Easiest way is probably just to visit one of them and pick one package.

http://thechineseweddingshop.com.sg/
http://shuangxile.com/categories/Guo-Da-Li-(The-Betrothal)/3

For me, I'm doing a really simple GDL because both parents are not traditional and didn't ask for it, so we decided to DIY our GDL package by taobaoing only the things we want.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladeelaa

Hi all BTB! I'm a 2019 BTB, am wondering which company did you all use for your AD photo/video?

I'm looking at wearetrouve, lightedpixels and androidsinboots, but I'm also looking for others especially with personal experience/recommendation.

Just Us

sharing the wedding showcase organised by grand mercure singapore roxy

Attachments

• Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy Wedding Showcase 29 Sep 2018.gif
    Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy Wedding Showcase 29 Sep 2018.gif
    302.4 KB · Views: 32

eang18

Hi all BTB! I'm a 2019 BTB, am wondering which company did you all use for your AD photo/video?

I'm looking at wearetrouve, lightedpixels and androidsinboots, but I'm also looking for others especially with personal experience/recommendation.

Just Married Films, Substance Films, Takashiwai Film - Mine's Just Married Films :) PG's John Lim.

I realise its never easy to find a company which do both PG and VG well... hence might well find 2 masters instead :D

Mabelminks

Just Married Films, Substance Films, Takashiwai Film - Mine's Just Married Films :) PG's John Lim.

I realise its never easy to find a company which do both PG and VG well... hence might well find 2 masters instead :D

Hi do you have the rates of the PG/VG u hired? Just married films was also one of my shortlisted VG but i guess he only does VG?

eang18

Hi do you have the rates of the PG/VG u hired? Just married films was also one of my shortlisted VG but i guess he only does VG?

He does have PG team too but I engaged my prewed PG John Lim for my actual day too :)

Most are usually in the range of mid end of 2k to 3kish ... their works are amazing, and it’s something you will enjoy looking back in years to come (at least we do!)

eang18

Hello all 2018 BTB!

Hey, you can consider renting the traditional baskets from us :)
Do visit https://sg.carousell.com/p/traditional-guo-da-li-wedding-betrothal-basket-rental-175189360/ for the options, and you can also find some sample pictures on the items some of the recent couples gotten for their GDL.

Feel free to PM us here or on Carousell in case of questions too :)

RylaiCrestfall

Hi,

I am a Cangai bride. Is it normal to be asked to pay an additional 200$ for the 2nd march-in hairstyle and touch-up? It seems a bit on the steep side, and it's in addition to whatever I need to pay for the extra charges already. The MUA was supposed to be part of the bridal package.

Now we have to negotiate for 2nd march-in hairstyle and touch-up in the package too? Otherwise, we need to pay this just for a change in hairdo and touch-up for 2nd march-in? Appreciate your advice. @_@

miyabikkg

Hi

I am a Cangai bride. Is it normal to be asked to pay an additional 200$ for the 2nd march-in hairstyle and touch-up? It seems a bit on the steep side, and it's in addition to whatever I need to pay for the extra charges already. The MUA was supposed to be part of the bridal package.

Now we have to negotiate for 2nd march-in hairstyle and touch-up in the package too? Otherwise, we need to pay this just for a change in hairdo and touch-up for 2nd march-in? Appreciate your advice. @_@
Hiya I m CangAi bride too.

I think is normal? (Every bridal salon i asked told me that. My coord at CangAi also told me that before we signed contract.)

Usually for actual day the MUA does 2 make up - morning and 1st march in. New make up/hairdo for 2nd march in is optional and thus not included in package.

Im not doing makeup/hairdo change for 2nd march in.

eang18

Hiya I m CangAi bride too.

I think is normal? (Every bridal salon i asked told me that. My coord at CangAi also told me that before we signed contract.)

Usually for actual day the MUA does 2 make up - morning and 1st march in. New make up/hairdo for 2nd march in is optional and thus not included in package.

Im not doing makeup/hairdo change for 2nd march in.

It’s really a market norm.. Becos if they have to attend to your 2nd march in... its unlikely they can do another wedding event at the same time ... usually MUA could do at least 2 weddings for lunch.. 1 makeup at 1030am for solemnisation + wedding, and then another session at 1230pm for wedding

yukime

I like to change my bridemaid but I guess if I change, we will be no more friends. Should I bite the teeth and go through it or change?
If it's Uncomfortable for you, Then you should Change. Wedding is Yours not others and its once in your lifetime. My Wedding was last month and after my wedding, you will know What true friends are.
Last Minute Cancellation, etc. Most Importantly, Both You and Your Hubby Should Enjoy the Process. Be Happy and Throw all Worries away.