Ivyky

hellozz.....

Is there any Novotel Clarke Quay brides out there?? Or is there anyone who has attended the wedding at Novotel Clarke Quay??

I'm shortlisting them as my wedding venue.... but i need some comments and feedback b4 deciding.. many thanks to all!!
which ballroom u looking at?

MissEmpire

hellozz.....

Is there any Novotel Clarke Quay brides out there?? Or is there anyone who has attended the wedding at Novotel Clarke Quay??

I'm shortlisting them as my wedding venue.... but i need some comments and feedback b4 deciding.. many thanks to all!!

i’ve booked novotel for my upcoming Oct 2018 wedding

SihuiL

hi! we decided to get married in the 4th qtr of this yr. it seems like there’s so much to do and we don’t know where to start. is it too rushed to get married by this yr when we haven’t started planning? we started enquiring hotels, but haven’t confirmed. can anyone recommend feng shui masters for calculation of auspicious wedding dates, bridal shops, wedding photographers and MUA? TIA!

Hello,

You should start planning your budget and having a rough gauge of tables before looking for venue, bear in mind tht many venues might be out of th picture if yours is a auspicious date, weekends or PH.. Once you lock down your venue, then start finding photographers and mua.. i'll do bridal shops last, because they are everywhere. I didn't calculate my dates, so can't advice you on feng shui master. Have fun! :)

SihuiL

hellozz.....

Hello,

I'm a June'18 btb, PM if you wanna ask me anything :)

SihuiL

Hi everyone, i need advice on AD MUA. can anyone tell me is $800 on a higher end for 1 morning and 1 evening makeup and hair?

I think it's on th high side to tbh, but then again if its a celebrity mua then tht explains th price.. i think i've booked mine at 600plus for 1 morning + 2 touch up (not inclusive of trial), non celebrity mua though..

SihuiL

wow thats a good deal, who is your mua? mind to pm me her details? i really like keith tan but too bad he’s fully booked. i didnt engage and bridal shop, thinking of taobao. then one of the dayre blogger did mentioned she chose 2 mua for morning and night, she feel that it’s cheaper.

I engaged Celest Ong for my upcoming AD. Intially i didnt engage her but contacted Ling’s palette but she overlook her schedule and end up i’ve got to source for others. I think both of them are good, with good reviews. I didnt take up bridal package too. So my vendors are all ala carte. While i was sourcing for mua i did come across esta hsu and mrs fish, i think those are on th higher end and are sort of celebrity mua who not only do bridal makeup.. i’ll pm you their details

qooirky

Hello! Im a 2018 BTB too and I'm having difficulty planning for the angpow amounts to give out. Many of the guidelines online are outdated from many years back. Not sure what are the rates now. Anyone willing to share?

E.g.
- How much angpow do parents usually give to xiongdi jiemei (and do you coordinate both side parents in advance to make sure its the same amount?)
- bride & groom angpow to xiongdi jiemei
- emcee (and if emcee is from your xiongdi jiemei crew, how much extra do you give)
- Hotel coordinator
- Banquet manager
- Photographer/videographer/mua
- any other angpow necessary

qooirky

hellozz.....

I attended twice! Food is alright to me. Not too bad but carpark is really narrow though!

fatapple

Hi gals

Any one know any live band that can do as an emce for wedding lunch? Have checked 2 so far but the prices are steep cost more than 1.5k.

fatapple

Im considering Dreambird however i like Musical Touch but the price is on the higer side.

How's Merrybees charges like?

Hi gals

Any one know any live band that can do as an emce for wedding lunch? Have checked 2 so far but the prices are steep cost more than 1.5k.

I engaged Tricia and Guan Hua and Tricia double up as Emcee. Wedding’s tomorrow and I’ll update if it’s good! :)

Happymoonz85

Hi, due to family reasons, i have an AD package to let go, inclusive of 10-hr photography for $2,700 (can negotiate a bit) Do let me know if you are interested. Great for brides who want a fuss-free package at a budget. :) email: [email protected].

Allyyy

Hi 2018 brides-to-be,

My wedding venue just informed that they do not help to design Save The Date. Can I ask which vendor usually helps to design Save The Date? Photographer?

Is there any group chat to join for 2018 brides?

Appreciate some help. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Shantella

Hi 2018 BTB,
Any recommendations for actual wedding day photographer? as we are doing lunch banquet instead of dinner, we are wondering whether we should to opt for half day 6hrs or full day 10hrs photography

fatapple

Hi Babes

Anyone has the wedding at Carlton Hotel recently? I have booked my wedding lunch there and wonders how's the food and service like.

happypotato

Hi 2018 brides-to-be,

My wedding venue just informed that they do not help to design Save The Date. Can I ask which vendor usually helps to design Save The Date? Photographer?

Is there any group chat to join for 2018 brides?

Appreciate some help. Thanks! :)
You can do it on your own. There are websites and mobile apps you can use. Try Canva. Look for inspiration from Pinterest.

toast

Hi all BTB,

I am holding a luncheon in Sep 2018 and am looking for AD videography + photography. Am wondering if the same day edits can be done to show during the luncheon and if there are any recommendations?

miyabikkg

Any advice for a chronic nail-biter bride-to-be? I'm having my PWS next week (too late to start growing them.. and trying not to bite didn't work over the last few months either..) thinking of getting nail extensions but I've read up about how difficult it is to type and manage them... I'm worried about poking myself in the eye trying to wear contacts with them too. Any other one in a similar situation with advice on what to do with the nails?

Happymoonz85

Hi Everyone!

I'm a Nov 2018 BTB. Any recommendations for bridal package? Has anyone had any experience with Cang Ai Bridal?

I was planning for a package of:
1 Wedding Gown
1 Groom's Suit
Fresh bouquet and corsages
Car Decorations
Make Up Artist
8hr AD Photography (from morning preparation, solemnization, tea ceremony, luncheon to extra hr for photography at lunch venue or other location nearby)

Anyone has similar package to share with? How much do you think this package will cost me?

Thanks all! Really appreciate your advise and recommendations.

Hi, have you found ur bridal package? I have a similar AD package to let go. Do let me know if you are keen!

happypotato

Any advice for a chronic nail-biter bride-to-be? I'm having my PWS next week (too late to start growing them.. and trying not to bite didn't work over the last few months either..) thinking of getting nail extensions but I've read up about how difficult it is to type and manage them... I'm worried about poking myself in the eye trying to wear contacts with them too. Any other one in a similar situation with advice on what to do with the nails?
I used to be a chronic nail biter too. But ever since I had my first manicure session, I was determined to kick the habit cuz pretty nails wins. Haha. It's all in the mind. Jiayou and hope you kick the habit for your AD!

miyabikkg

I used to be a chronic nail biter too. But ever since I had my first manicure session, I was determined to kick the habit cuz pretty nails wins. Haha. It's all in the mind. Jiayou and hope you kick the habit for your AD!

Thank you! I just went for nail extensions today and I'm loving it so much more than I expected (though im having trouble typing on keyboard lol). Hope I can kick this habit with these nail extensions on!!

Jessie.Y

Hi, need recommendation for AD PG and VG, and MUA. Anyone have any good and not too ex to recommend. Thanks!!

Hi, for VG, i can recommend you Lavadevotions, their price are very reasonable and the work is awesome! For MUA & PG, i engaged via bridal shop - The Aisle Bridal and both of them were very professional and good too!

Jaygab

dear brides, I'm wondering if u have any issues with wearing back the same gown that you worn for morning ceremony and then again for your first march in? didn't you sweat or even dirty it a little during the morning events going here and there + photoshoot with ur brothers & sisters?

Jessie.Y

dear brides, I'm wondering if u have any issues with wearing back the same gown that you worn for morning ceremony and then again for your first march in? didn't you sweat or even dirty it a little during the morning events going here and there + photoshoot with ur brothers & sisters?

Hello! I wore back the same gown for morning & first march in, didnt encounter any issues with it though, just simply lift up your gown tail and you'll be alright! :)

angelccl93

hi! we decided to get married in the 4th qtr of this yr. it seems like there’s so much to do and we don’t know where to start. is it too rushed to get married by this yr when we haven’t started planning? we started enquiring hotels, but haven’t confirmed. can anyone recommend feng shui masters for calculation of auspicious wedding dates, bridal shops, wedding photographers and MUA? TIA!

Hi babe, you can actually start planning your wedding by calculating both you and your fiancé 八字 for the auspicious dates. Next up will be to choose your wedding dinner location and to secure the date after that. For bridal studio, I'd recommend 巴黎婚纱摄影花莲店 as we just came back from our pre-wedding shoot in Taiwan. Th boss of th bridal studio sets up their booth in SG regularly, so you can consult her then. They have pre-wedding shoots in SG as well as Taiwan and they do offer actual day package with MUA and they do have their in house photographer as well, you just need to discuss with her your needs and she will quote you accordingly. If you are keen in getting the geomancer and the bridal studio boss' contact, you can PM me directly.

eang18

Hello! Im a 2018 BTB too and I'm having difficulty planning for the angpow amounts to give out. Many of the guidelines online are outdated from many years back. Not sure what are the rates now. Anyone willing to share?

E.g.
- How much angpow do parents usually give to xiongdi jiemei (and do you coordinate both side parents in advance to make sure its the same amount?)
- bride & groom angpow to xiongdi jiemei
- emcee (and if emcee is from your xiongdi jiemei crew, how much extra do you give)
- Hotel coordinator
- Banquet manager
- any other angpow necessary

- How much angpow do parents usually give to xiongdi jiemei >> usually just a token i.e. between $10 to $18 per pax can liao. You can just prepare the ang pao and give it to your parents :D
- bride & groom angpow to xiongdi jiemei >> xiongdi and jiemei is depend on how many of them, usually cap within 38 per pax. At least enough to cover their transport costs :D. I assume you are already paying for breakfast and clothings and all the misc gatecrash stuffs.
- emcee (and if emcee is from your xiongdi jiemei crew, how much extra do you give) >> if the emcee is my own xiongdi jiemei, then probably bao an additional 38 + clothing/ suit costs.

>> Usually wont give to the vendors as they all been paid already as part of their services unless you are feeling especially generous or rich loh.
- Hotel coordinator
- Banquet manager

Chubbbs

Hello!
Trying to revive this thread
anyone doing a tea ceremony prior to the dinner at the hotel?
If so, how much time to allocate for the tea ceremony?

I have 2 gowns, one for the morning..and one cheongsam for tea ceremony/dinner
Just thinking if I should change from my cheongsam (after tea ceremony) into the white gown for 1st march in or wear the cheongsam for the entire dinner and scrap the Second march in

eang18

Hello!
Trying to revive this thread
anyone doing a tea ceremony prior to the dinner at the hotel?
If so, how much time to allocate for the tea ceremony?

I have 2 gowns, one for the morning..and one cheongsam for tea ceremony/dinner
Just thinking if I should change from my cheongsam (after tea ceremony) into the white gown for 1st march in or wear the cheongsam for the entire dinner and scrap the Second march in

Hi, do you mean serve tea in front of the seated guests, or separately? Usually tea ceremony takes 15 to 20mins.

White gown for 1st March in seemed the best, as it’s most grand and many guests may not have seen it

Chubbbs

Hi, do you mean serve tea in front of the seated guests, or separately? Usually tea ceremony takes 15 to 20mins.

White gown for 1st March in seemed the best, as it’s most grand and many guests may not have seen it

There's a separate function room that the hotel provides for tea ceremony so I'm thinking of utilising that :)

Thanks for your advice!

Kathy Meow

Hi everyone
I’m a 2019 BTB
I’m considering sky garden or Faber peak for my venue ?
Anyone has any experience to share about these places ?

Last time Faber peak was known as Jewel box, the review for their service was very bad. But it was 2013, not sure how much have they improve

mooremm

Hi, i heard pre-wedding photoshoot till the final product could add up to the range of 8k to 10k although the package signed during promotion is abt 3k due to additional photos and miscellanous... is it true?

miyabikkg

Hi, i heard pre-wedding photoshoot till the final product could add up to the range of 8k to 10k although the package signed during promotion is abt 3k due to additional photos and miscellanous... is it true?

It could happen. It depends on your bridal salon...and your determination NOT to buy additional photos.

Do find out the following when signing up your package.
・No of edited photos in your package (usually around 30-50 depending on your package)
・Price of each additional edited photo (however during photo selection, they may try to entice you to buy more photos by reducing the price)
・Do you get soft copies of non-edited photos.(package usually includes soft copies of edited photos. May need pay extra for the rest of the non edited soft copies)
・Range of albums - may be charge for bigger/higher range of albums
・Range of gowns/suits you can select from - may require topup for higher grade of gowns/suits
・Whether transportation during the day of photoshoot is included (May or may not be included)
・Choice of MUA/Photographer (may need topup if you want specific MUA/photographer)
・Whether MUA is at studio or will come along during the photoshoot (may need pay extra for MUA to follow)
・Size of Frame photo (whether need top up for larger photo)
・OT hours for photographer/MUA (if photography timing exceed the hours in the package, may be charged OT fees)
・Ampoule/Fake leashes (usually not included in package. Good to ask to confirm)
・Courier fees if you're taking PWS overseas and the album/frame photo is sent from overseas.

On average, they will recommend about 40-50 photos per album, so if you package has less than 40, they may try to hardsell you more photos by telling you that the album doesnt look that nice with less photos blah blah blah (not really true... but depends on your own preference if you prefer more of 1 page 1 photo, or collages of several images on 1 page).

I have a cousin also marrying this year, who ended up paying 2x of the original package for because they couldn't take the hard-selling by the bridal salon and bought a lot of extra photos.
On my side, we stuck to the package and chose to buy only a few additional photos (too nice to delete). Our bridal salon (different from my cousin's) was also very nice and didn't hard-sell to us during the photo-selection. They also didn't pull the dirty trick of telling us need add this or that after we bought package. So everything was clear in black and white all stated in our contract.

Wp123

hi.
I am looking to sell the following items. Please pm me if keen:
1. 3 bottles of unopened white wine at 18bucks each bottle
2. 4 bottles of Cabernet red wine at 18 bucks per bottle
3. Rustic wooden box 35cm by 25x25 cm for guest wishes and cards at 50 bucks
4. Typo heart shaped decor for 10bucks
5. Wooden pegs for wedding decor
And little items for decor. All for 5 bucks
6. Martell vsop 1l x 2 bottles. Totally unopened,, including from the box. For gdl. Each for 100 and 2 bottles for 190

7. LED candles x2. Both for 15 bucks
8. Decorative lights at 10 dollars

Please pm me for more details! Thanks