jaschng

Can I check if any couple would pay licence fee for our own song list to be play (montage and background music) Or use the hotel song list?

eang18

Can I check if any couple would pay licence fee for our own song list to be play (montage and background music) Or use the hotel song list?

I did it for my wedding earlier .. the hotel arrangement’s if licensing from Recording Industry Performance Singapore is needed, The licence fee is S$53.50 (inclusive of 7% GST) for unlimited songs to last throughout their banquet dinner.

eang18

Hi anyone could share when’s the estimated time period to get a good JP before the ROM? Any JP to recommend? :)

As early as possible, as good ones are snapped up quickly. I booked mine like close to 9 months in advance. Ms Joanna Portilla is our JP - she’s great with both English and Mandarin and not Long winded. She’s cheerful and make everyone feel at ease too

Do let me know if you need her contact.

Jioy

hey all, Im Sep 2018 BTB:p

Would like to find out if anyone of you held your banquet at MBS / Amara Tanjong Pagar?
We are comparing between the two hotel, any ideas/suggestions/feedback?

Thanks in advance!

hey all, Im Sep 2018 BTB:p

Would like to find out if anyone of you held your banquet at MBS / Amara Tanjong Pagar?
We are comparing between the two hotel, any ideas/suggestions/feedback?

Thanks in advance!

I have 2 friends who happened to hold their weddings one week from each other and they held it at amara and mbs.

Food wise- mbs was better. The portion was more generous. Banquet helpers seemed more experienced.

Hotel wise- amara has lower ceiling than mbs. The lighting was also darker. Both are pillarless. Mbs has many many banquet rooms so if alot of weddings are being held at the same time, your guests might be confused.

perks wise - I heard from my friend he managed to get quite a bit of perks although he didn't sign up during wedding show. That includes 2 nights stay even though his was luncheon. Mbs was more sticky. My other friend was quite upset with the wedding flavours that were given to the guests. As there is no room for choice; they only had essential oil and candle.

HTHS!

fifiC

So many October ones, same here :)
when is good time to start engage wedding planner, florist, photographers and such?

Henderson92

Start enquiring after New Year is good, provided you can get the auspicious dates.
Most hotel can do soft booking and let you do the deposit during roadshow, promo openhouse.

Any reason why after new year is a good time, we are worried that we book too late. We have already gotten a auspicious date, still trying to confirm on the venue..

Have you heard of Vineyard at HortPark, heard its quite affordable for a small cosy outdoor wedding.

macaroon

Hi all!

I'm a Nov 18 btb. I've booked my pre wedding shoot overseas and now considering the AD details.

Contemplating between ala carte or package via bridal studios to save hassle. Any of the btbs did ala carte (ie source your own MUA, gown.. etc) and what's the cost like?

Tia!

Hello!

I got a package from Thomson Wedding Collection:
- 1 gown rental (they’ve got a huge range)
- 1 suit rental
- 10 hours actual day photog
Total: $2.8k

I’m actually thinking of selling the package at a discount (or at least the AD photography part) Cos I already have another gown, and my friend is offering to do my AD photography. Let me know if you’re keen!

Bella.lynn

I've created this page as I'm supposed to be a Dec 2017 bride but as parents insist on me and htb to get our dates calculated. So might be pushing it to beginning of 2018 or mid 2018.

Any 2018 brides out there?

Hi everyone! Unfortunately my wedding didn't happen last November therefore, I'm putting up my stuffs on sale at a very cheap price to clear it off my room. It's totally new. So do contact me at 81980417 if interested or if your friends are interested. Could really do me a favor.

1) teddy bear oatmeal soap x250 pieces for wedding favours going at $1 each. (still in proper packaging)
2) Artificial silk rose petals 500 pieces
3) artificial lavender flowers x2 bundles (for reception deco)
4) "Mr & Mrs" white block
5) candle art kerosene lamp (for reception deco)
6) 50 wooden clips (if you wanna clip your photos at the reception area)
7) white mini bird cage (without the bird-best description I can give haha)

Just text me I'll send you guys the photo. Thank you so much.

Jioy

I have 2 friends who happened to hold their weddings one week from each other and they held it at amara and mbs.

Food wise- mbs was better. The portion was more generous. Banquet helpers seemed more experienced.

Hotel wise- amara has lower ceiling than mbs. The lighting was also darker. Both are pillarless. Mbs has many many banquet rooms so if alot of weddings are being held at the same time, your guests might be confused.

perks wise - I heard from my friend he managed to get quite a bit of perks although he didn't sign up during wedding show. That includes 2 nights stay even though his was luncheon. Mbs was more sticky. My other friend was quite upset with the wedding flavours that were given to the guests. As there is no room for choice; they only had essential oil and candle.

HTHS!

Thanks helloiamdavina

Last edited by a moderator:

misscatterbrain

hi! we decided to get married in the 4th qtr of this yr. it seems like there’s so much to do and we don’t know where to start. is it too rushed to get married by this yr when we haven’t started planning? we started enquiring hotels, but haven’t confirmed. can anyone recommend feng shui masters for calculation of auspicious wedding dates, bridal shops, wedding photographers and MUA? TIA!

ChuPikaPikaChu

Can someone send me contacts for good MUA? Will be Dec '17 wedding. Budget is not more than $150 per person for hair and make up. TQ!

skylartsc

Hi all,

I'm a Sept BTB :)
Other than just booked my dinner banquet at BOWS over the weekend. There's nothing else I have done.

A bit overwhelmed with all the things to do/book, etc.

Can someone kindly advise me what's the next thing to do?

yukime

Hi all,

I'm a Sept BTB :)
Other than just booked my dinner banquet at BOWS over the weekend. There's nothing else I have done.

A bit overwhelmed with all the things to do/book, etc.

Can someone kindly advise me what's the next thing to do?

Next would be sourcing your Bridal shop and MUA, Photographer/Videographer/Cinematographer for AD.
and need to prepare for Photoshooting soon as you need to check out the particular Bridal Shop you chose, schedule for Pre wedding shoot appointment as you're Sept BTB will be kinda of rush too. Good luck.

yukime

Hello everyone. Needed some help here! I am a btb in Dec 2018 and am looking for a venue now.
Anyone have any venue/ banquet review for

- Orchard Hotel
- Holiday Inn Atrium
- Marina Bay Sands

Thanks in advance!

Orchard Hotel would be the Best choice if you compare within these choices.
MBS food wise is not that great. Too many Ballrooms there are confusing too.

tuliplala

Hello! 2018 BTB too!

pws booked via onethreeonefour for their collaborated overseas photographer.. going NZ :)
ytd just booked our hotel venue too! Ramada zhongshang hotel

we didnt hear much preach, only 1 before this which is at BOW from holiday inn orchard.. and ytd was our 2nd time listening to preach and we decided on the spot to book it.

really impressed la that's both of us make the decision right away :)

other than these 2, nothing else done :X

gown, thinking to get from TB :D

skylartsc

Next would be sourcing your Bridal shop and MUA, Photographer/Videographer/Cinematographer for AD.
and need to prepare for Photoshooting soon as you need to check out the particular Bridal Shop you chose, schedule for Pre wedding shoot appointment as you're Sept BTB will be kinda of rush too. Good luck.

Thanks for the advise!! :)

adele9010

Hi everyone! Just finalised my wedding date in Sep'18 and settled the venue and bridal package. Did anyone sign with gown warehouse? Any idea when their new designs are released?

Would appreciate if someone could share with me their gatecrash ideas too, preferably not too intense as mine will be a wedding lunch (most dinner slots are taken from a year ago:()

adele9010

Hello! 2018 BTB too!

pws booked via onethreeonefour for their collaborated overseas photographer.. going NZ :)
ytd just booked our hotel venue too! Ramada zhongshang hotel

we didnt hear much preach, only 1 before this which is at BOW from holiday inn orchard.. and ytd was our 2nd time listening to preach and we decided on the spot to book it.

really impressed la that's both of us make the decision right away :)

other than these 2, nothing else done :X

gown, thinking to get from TB :D

I ordered 2 gowns from Taobao for my pre-wed shoot (MTM). It's cheap but somehow it didn't turn out like its pics. Would advise that you choose a design that has been frequently reviewed before as most of the pics that they displayed in their online store (for those below $300) are inspired designs, and the real dress won't be that similar.

Vaaal

Hello all! I am a oct btb!

Anyone has any recommendation for AD photography? Anw i am not doing any morning gatecrash, should i not do the AD videography since nothing much to play for the express highlights? cant decide:(

eang18

Hello all! I am a oct btb!

Anyone has any recommendation for AD photography? Anw i am not doing any morning gatecrash, should i not do the AD videography since nothing much to play for the express highlights? cant decide:(

Hi Vaaal,
Express highlights probably not required but its still worthwhile to engage videographer to capture the moments of the entire special day - all those emotions, expressions, movements will serve as great memories in years to come :) Video is very different from photo :)

Amanda.P

hellozz.....

Is there any Novotel Clarke Quay brides out there?? Or is there anyone who has attended the wedding at Novotel Clarke Quay??

I'm shortlisting them as my wedding venue.... but i need some comments and feedback b4 deciding.. many thanks to all!!

Moinmoin

Hi Everyone!

I'm a Nov 2018 BTB. Any recommendations for bridal package? Has anyone had any experience with Cang Ai Bridal?

I was planning for a package of:
1 Wedding Gown
1 Groom's Suit
Fresh bouquet and corsages
Car Decorations
Make Up Artist
8hr AD Photography (from morning preparation, solemnization, tea ceremony, luncheon to extra hr for photography at lunch venue or other location nearby)

Anyone has similar package to share with? How much do you think this package will cost me?

Thanks all! Really appreciate your advise and recommendations.

hi! we decided to get married in the 4th qtr of this yr. it seems like there’s so much to do and we don’t know where to start. is it too rushed to get married by this yr when we haven’t started planning? we started enquiring hotels, but haven’t confirmed. can anyone recommend feng shui masters for calculation of auspicious wedding dates, bridal shops, wedding photographers and MUA? TIA!

I gotten my dates got Master Long Tian Xiang, bridal boutique with ZWedding, holding our banquet at Pan Pacific Orchard.

Bella.lynn

Hi. I'm selling silicone laced up stick on bras at 2 for $15. Black and nude colours, sizes available are A cup, B Cup and C cup. Great for cleavage enhancement and bareback dresses. Do whatsapp me at 81980417. Prices are fix. No negotiations. Cash on meetup or by postage (additional $2.5). Meet-up places are at dhoby ghaut mrt or outram park mrt or Bukit panjang mrT

Attachments

• silicone_push_up_bra_nude.jpg
    silicone_push_up_bra_nude.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 51

Janice Lin

Some of the JW Marriots are aaaamazing. Where as the others are average. It depends on the location tbh. Overall their service and facilities are top notch.

Thank you for the reply! :) if things work out okay we may hold it at the one At south beach cos of the beautiful ballrooom haha.

macaroon

Hi everyone!

I’m selling my basic package with Thomson Wedding Collection as I’m no longer holding the wedding in SG.

TWC is a well established full suite bridal studio that has a large range of quality gowns that would suit most shapes and sizes. They recently had a new collection in house too! :)

I’m selling my package at a discounted rate, which includes:
- 1 gown from any TWC range
- 1 full suit
- AD photography (10 hours)

PM me know if you’re interested!