(2015/10) October 2015 BTBs

G&Z

how is everyone's planning? I'm meeting my VG next week so more or less done for the major stuff...

how is everyone's planning? I'm meeting my VG next week so more or less done for the major stuff...

Made a bridesmaid gift for my matron of honour over the weekend and passed to her because she will not be in town until next September...

Also gonna meet up with my AD photographer this week to see whether we can click or not. ;) I think I more or less decided not to get a videographer.

Was also looking through the list of solemnisers.. I'm confused as to which to choose and if it is too early to book them... Hmm... Has anyone booked theirs already?

http://www.dailyjambo.com/life/top-35-best-solemnizers-in-singapore

G&Z

who did you engage as your AD PG? I'm still thinking if I want to have the VG but I will meet them first and will see how it goes....

I was still thinking if it is too early for me to book them too.... but those hot ones will be booked very early

jjjk

I finally found a pg whose whole portfolio I like but he's alr booked for my date so yes pls book early.

I personally place more emphasis on the video though, just cos I'm a visual audio person and video can better let me relive the events of the day.

Sigh hope to find my ideal ones soon.

who did you engage as your AD PG? I'm still thinking if I want to have the VG but I will meet them first and will see how it goes....

I was still thinking if it is too early for me to book them too.... but those hot ones will be booked very early
We haven't booked yet, but we think we will sign with the beautiful moment...

Anyone has any friend who has had a good experience with a solemniser?

Actually which videographer are you looking at now? I talked to ichiro films previously at a road show, and they were quite good, but I personally don't think that I will watch the video of my actual day wedding again. So I think I'm gonna pass on the videographer, and just engage a photographer can already...

I finally found a pg whose whole portfolio I like but he's alr booked for my date so yes pls book early.

I personally place more emphasis on the video though, just cos I'm a visual audio person and video can better let me relive the events of the day.

Sigh hope to find my ideal ones soon.
Still got many more out there, just have to slowly sieve through each person's portfolio I guess... Good luck!

G&Z

Actually which videographer are you looking at now? I talked to ichiro films previously at a road show, and they were quite good, but I personally don't think that I will watch the video of my actual day wedding again. So I think I'm gonna pass on the videographer, and just engage a photographer can already...

Still got many more out there, just have to slowly sieve through each person's portfolio I guess... Good luck!

I'm meeting RekordHaus on 17th... I heard about ichiro films.. they are not cheap too.. the bf does not wan to do the norm morning highlights.. just wan to touch and go... we wanted to do sth like a thank you to family n frens kinda video...

I'm meeting RekordHaus on 17th... I heard about ichiro films.. they are not cheap too.. the bf does not wan to do the norm morning highlights.. just wan to touch and go... we wanted to do sth like a thank you to family n frens kinda video...
I see. Hope that works out well for you!

I'm not having gate crash, so that's why I think that the videographer is a waste of my money. I might DIY a photo montage just to show something on the screen I guess.

G&Z

I hope so too... crossing my fingers...

I was wondering, what do u think abt "choping" the JP now?

sunshine1208

Yup yup you did! Thank you.

Anyway, care to share how much did you all pay per table for banquet? Also, can I book the date without paying deposit?

I read in other threads that there are couples booking dates without deposit... Yesterday I went to view the ballroom at Movenpick heritage hotel & quite like it.

I asked when their wedding showcase will be held and it's in march 2015. Am afraid the dates I want would be taken up & I have tried negotiating over email but the sales manager did not reply to my qns when I asked her what other perks she can throw in for me despite me asking her thrice :(

Using SingaporeBrides app

Hi,

My AD is in 2015 at movenpick, and I went for the wedding show, they offered quite good perks.
Arrange a few dates when you are at the wedding show, to quickly block the date.

:D

Hi,

My AD is in 2015 at movenpick, and I went for the wedding show, they offered quite good perks.
Arrange a few dates when you are at the wedding show, to quickly block the date.

:D
Hihi, when is your AD? I have seen the perks for the past wedding show and i did nego abit. I alr booked Movenpick for 2015 oct.

I think some of the JPs only allow "choping" 3 to 6 mths in advance.
I was thinking of calling them leh. Cos my work is gonna be even more busy in the months leading up to the wedding so I wanna try to settle everything before January if possible.

Will probably call the JP next month to see how it goes. Haha

Bernadette Lee

Hi!! Oct 2015 bride here too! Glad to find this thread! I am so confused as to how, when to start. It's still like a year away but its stressing me out already! :D

G&Z

Hi!! Oct 2015 bride here too! Glad to find this thread! I am so confused as to how, when to start. It's still like a year away but its stressing me out already! :D

Hi! Have u found your venue? When is yr big day?

G&Z

Not yet. :( been reading threads in this forum to search for a venue. The feedbacks are confusing. Haha

The very first thing is to look for venue.. Look at how many guests you wanna invite and your budget then go from there.. U have set a date right? Lunch or dinner

Bernadette Lee

The very first thing is to look for venue.. Look at how many guests you wanna invite and your budget then go from there.. U have set a date right? Lunch or dinner

No date yet but will be late October. HTB is not so cooperative as he always say "I dunno all these things" whenever i ask him. We're looking at atleast 40 tables for lunch. Thank you for your questions G&Z! It's kinda enlightening me to prioritize what is needed!

BBSotong

No date yet but will be late October. HTB is not so cooperative as he always say "I dunno all these things" whenever i ask him. We're looking at atleast 40 tables for lunch. Thank you for your questions G&Z! It's kinda enlightening me to prioritize what is needed!

Hi I'm an October bride too. I just settled my venue on Friday. You have to have a date in mind bec that's what the hotel will need when they check for availability. :)

jjjk

Hey Bernadette, mine's late October lunch too. Chose PanPac cos its minimum requirement is only 35 tables but max capacity is 65 so that gives great flexibility to the guest list. Lemme know if you need a referral. The sales manager is an awesome lady.

G&Z

No worries.. Glad to help :)

Maybe set a date first, prefer Saturday or Sunday since its a lunch..

You know the numbers, find hotels that can fit your 40 tables n the budget...

Buffet lunch? Chinese sit down lunch? Coz these will affect the cost of the tables..

The first thing I did was set a date, the no. of guests.. On my side I have limited choices coz the bf didn't wan a hotel hotel kinda feel..

Don't fret, just cross off one by one..

Bernadette Lee

Hi I'm an October bride too. I just settled my venue on Friday. You have to have a date in mind bec that's what the hotel will need when they check for availability. :)
Hey Bernadette, mine's late October lunch too. Chose PanPac cos its minimum requirement is only 35 tables but max capacity is 65 so that gives great flexibility to the guest list. Lemme know if you need a referral. The sales manager is an awesome lady.
No worries.. Glad to help :)

Maybe set a date first, prefer Saturday or Sunday since its a lunch..

You know the numbers, find hotels that can fit your 40 tables n the budget...

Buffet lunch? Chinese sit down lunch? Coz these will affect the cost of the tables..

The first thing I did was set a date, the no. of guests.. On my side I have limited choices coz the bf didn't wan a hotel hotel kinda feel..

Don't fret, just cross off one by one..

Thanks everyone for the advises, I am actually writing them down now! :D

jjk, did u sign up for PanPac? May I know roughly how much did it cost? Can u please email me at [email protected]? Thanks a lot!

G&Z, thank you so much, I'm trying to write down a checklist now according to importance.

G&Z

Thanks everyone for the advises, I am actually writing them down now! :D

jjk, did u sign up for PanPac? May I know roughly how much did it cost? Can u please email me at [email protected]? Thanks a lot!

G&Z, thank you so much, I'm trying to write down a checklist now according to importance.

i think hfc can do 40 tables as well... http://www.hfcsingapore.com/CMS/use...anning Weddings in the Park Brochure 2014.pdf

and they are having a wedding show which will have better perks

tulipkiss

Just consulted Master Long yday and got 3 years of dates! FINALLY something done.
Gonna start scheduling appointments with some of the hotels for viewing next week or the week after.

My AD is 18.10.15 but I haven had anything confirmed.
Don't know where to start from.

I think the general guideline is:

1. Decide on how big a wedding you want (no. of pax) and then you can work on sieving out the locations that do not work for you
2. Decide on your budget and further cut down on the choices
3. Book your wedding venue - reception, religious place of worship or solemnisation venue (these get booked up quite fast, so please do this first)
4. Bridal studio (for a fuss free all in one package for pre-wed and actual day photography, videography, hair & makeup)
5. If you have answered yes to point 4, then skip to point 8. Book actual day photographer, videographer, makeup artist and hair stylist (optional as usually makeup artists are able to do hair as well)
6. Buy/rent gowns (give yourself around 6 months to the pre-wed shoot (if applicable) or actual day, as custom made gowns take some time to produce with buffer for alteration)
7. Decide on your pre-wed shoot (again give yourself 4 months to the date that you require these photos (i.e. For wedding stationery or actual day display) as the photographer needs time to edit and print
8. We were discussing whether it's too early to book the solemniser. So it's your call. Typically I think they take bookings from around 6-9 months in advance.
9. If you are religious, you may have to attend a pre-marital counselling. Check with your religious leaders. (I know for Catholics, the program has to be booked at least 6-9 months in advance)
10. Ok you can take a short breather for now, as the rest can be continued slowly. Haha

Kiasu bride has a spreadsheet in brief that you can take a look at:
http://www.kiasubride.com/10-tools-to-help-you-plan-your-wedding-in-singapore/

G&Z

Just consulted Master Long yday and got 3 years of dates! FINALLY something done.
Gonna start scheduling appointments with some of the hotels for viewing next week or the week after.

So when is ur big day?

tulipkiss

So when is ur big day?

We got 3 years worth of suitable dates, lol. from 2015-2017. Now waiting for boyf to show his parents the dates and hoping to agree with a date in early 2016 (the last time we discussed, his dad insisted that year 2016 clashes with boyf's horoscope :/)

G&Z

We got 3 years worth of suitable dates, lol. from 2015-2017. Now waiting for boyf to show his parents the dates and hoping to agree with a date in early 2016 (the last time we discussed, his dad insisted that year 2016 clashes with boyf's horoscope :/)

I think with the master's given dates, I think his parents wouldn't mind doing it in 2016

tulipkiss

I think with the master's given dates, I think his parents wouldn't mind doing it in 2016

Depends on how stubborn the dad can get.. :/ Hoping for the best!
2016 is also better in the practical sense, so that we have more buffer time for house reno and such, and do an chuan directly at the new house.

G&Z

2016 is also better in the practical sense, so that we have more buffer time for house reno and such, and do an chuan directly at the new house.

*fingers crossed* everything will be fine! :)

skyMAN

Good luck! I think all will turn out good!

jjjk

Oh gosh I'm really not having luck with photographers/videographers I like. Sorry random ranting. Sigh. The search continues.

G&Z

Oh gosh I'm really not having luck with photographers/videographers I like. Sorry random ranting. Sigh. The search continues.
who did you tried and they are no available?

G&Z

3-4 mths?

I see.. think will have lots of things to do by then..

I think if you have overseas guests you may want to inform them around 6 months earlier via a "save the date", so that they can make their travel plans early.

Otherwise for formal invites, I think we should preferably mail it out 1 to 1.5 months before. Too early, we are afraid that they will forget. Too late, and they may have other plans...

Headache.......

tulipkiss

How many months before should we send out invites and ask the guests to rsvp?

my plan is, first whatsapp/sms to ask guests to "save the date" at least 6 months b4. at the same time, know who's not attending so that we can invite the alternatives.

then 3 months before, set up fb page as "reminder".
for elders, will need parents to remind them via phone or something.

then send invite 1.5 months before.

skyMAN

I think if you have overseas guests you may want to inform them around 6 months earlier via a "save the date", so that they can make their travel plans early.

Otherwise for formal invites, I think we should preferably mail it out 1 to 1.5 months before. Too early, we are afraid that they will forget. Too late, and they may have other plans...

Headache.......
Ya man.. totally agree..

skyMAN

my plan is, first whatsapp/sms to ask guests to "save the date" at least 6 months b4. at the same time, know who's not attending so that we can invite the alternatives.

then 3 months before, set up fb page as "reminder".
for elders, will need parents to remind them via phone or something.

then send invite 1.5 months before.
I was thinking of after the photoshoot then use the favourite pic to make a save the date.. But maybe by then I'll be lazy already.. Lol