(2015/10) October 2015 BTBs

G&Z

Hi All,

Im also Oct'15 BTB.
Looking for a venue for dinner banquet for 17/10!
Shortlisted Regent Hotel & Movenpick Heritage Hotel as we will be inviting a small number of guests only.

Booked my pre-wedding photoshoot in Jeju.
And besides that, nothing else has been sourced.

Would be good to get updates/reviews from here :)

Please add me into the fb page : [email protected]

hi welcome! I have added you to the fb group.. please feel free to share your stuff

skyMAN

skyMAN and Starleaf... Hi 5^^

Saw tt both of you have alr booked your venues.

So what other sources are you all looking to engage other den AD VG and PG?

Using SingaporeBrides app
Should be photo booth.. I'm quite interested to engage I-Do Wedding for the setup and all.. but fiancé doesn't understand why I want to spend money on these..

How about you?

Starleaf

skyMAN and Starleaf... Hi 5^^

Saw tt both of you have alr booked your venues.

So what other sources are you all looking to engage other den AD VG and PG?

Hmm nothing much le.. dun think I'll get photo booth or live band. But I may be renting bridal car =)

G&Z

I have uploaded some of the prices of the photobooth to the fb group...

also, if I missed out adding anyone to the fb group, please pm me and I will do the necessary...

G&Z

Am going for ballroom viewing today. What qns am I supposed to ask? It's my 1st time going for viewing...

Not sure if you have go for viewing.. Questions to ask:

1. Any corkage charges when bring in wines/ liquor (ask for waiver)

2. Any helpers room (can it be full day rather than half day)

3. Usage of the AV equipment (any charges)

4. If u don't have a room for ur wedding ceremony, can they give u a function room for free?

5. Free flow of beer?

6. How many bottles of wine for the package

Etc etc

miniminmin

i'm also looking for wedding planners as my hubby and I would like to prepare it stress-free. Any recoms and quotations to share?

G&Z

i'm using The Moment... you can call them for quotes.. they are a couple team (Brian and Penny).. You can quote my name and see if you get discount... i will PM you

G&Z

Did not receive any invitation for the fb group leh. only looked my PS in TW franceparis. the rest haven looked into it.

i have already added and the fb msg: "The person you are trying to invite was already invited to this group. "

you like to check it later...

Thanks for the info babe! I only took about 45mins to view the ballroom, solemnization area & no chance the view the bridal suite. My htb is very sui bian one and he kinda likes the hotel alr. Should I arrange for more viewing sessions with other hotels?

How did u all knew that the hotel is the one for u?

i have already added and the fb msg: "The person you are trying to invite was already invited to this group. "

you like to check it later...

I don't think I received the invitation too. Mind pm me the group name? I go search and request for invite?

G&Z

I don't think I received the invitation too. Mind pm me the group name? I go search and request for invite?

it's a secret group so not sure if you can find it, try this: Oct 2015 BTBs

i just adding the both of you but it said that i have added you guys..

G&Z

Thanks for the info babe! I only took about 45mins to view the ballroom, solemnization area & no chance the view the bridal suite. My htb is very sui bian one and he kinda likes the hotel alr. Should I arrange for more viewing sessions with other hotels?

How did u all knew that the hotel is the one for u?

actually i view quite a few hotels that we like and end up we went to raffles hotel and find it pretty nice... old school charm which suit our theme and we wanted a small wedding like 20-25 tables...

so it all boils down if you have a dream venue that you want to get married in... then go check it out.. compare the prices and is that what you are looking for... i wanted a place with pretty good food and nice atmosphere and suit my theme

G&Z

I have just change the setting, kindly search for the group and see if you can join and i will approve... i will keep it as visible until 22:00

G&Z

This is weird.. I just change the setting that everyone can search the group.. I'm gona keep that setting first.. Let me see what I can do or is it fb going crazy on us

G&Z

i tried and it's still the same.. can someone who is in the group help me to add them and see if it works?

G&Z

Hi, please add me to the fb group too. We have only booked bridal studio but should be confirming hotel within the next week for 24/10/15.

Email: [email protected]

Hi are you able to search for the group and I just add you in:

Oct 2015 BTBs

G&Z

this is weird.. hmm let's see if they rec the invitation tml... thanks starleaf!

G&Z

I finally found the group on web fb! Type Oct 2015, find under groups. Prolly will come out

Great! And I just approve it.. To the rest, please try that n see if it works!

G&Z

Received the invitation. Thanks for the add!
I'm glad so how's your preparation? Where's ur wedding venue?

jjjk

Deciding between PanPac pacific ballroom for lunch, or Park Royal at Beach Road grand ballroom for dinner. We like PanPac and the straightforward way they sell their packages, but 45 tables for dinner is quite impossible for us to hit.

Reactions: G&Z

G&Z

Deciding between PanPac pacific ballroom for lunch, or Park Royal at Beach Road grand ballroom for dinner. We like PanPac and the straightforward way they sell their packages, but 45 tables for dinner is quite impossible for us to hit.

45 tables is crazy... I almost chose St Regis but becoz I don't think I can hit the minimum tables so I forgo it.

I have been to Park Royal at Beach Road but there was before the renovation... I heard it looks really good now... I rem the food is pretty nice...

jjjk

Yup the ballroom is awesome. We would've signed on the spot at the PRBR wedding show yesterday if not for the way the coordinator handled our enquiries. If we sign with them eventually we'll request to change to their senior coordinator. It's really important who you have to deal with esp the high-stress period nearing the date - someone who takes the stress OFF you instead of putting it on. This is also the primary reason why we are willing to consider lunch just to get PanPac even though we live on different ends of the island and morning schedule is gonna be a nightmare.

G&Z

you are right, coordinator is very important but because i have a wedding planner, the coordinator will deal with my wedding planner mostly...

i knw wedding show will give u perks, so will they extend the perks to you even u sign it after the wedding show?

avengal

added the both of you... how's your planning
HI G & Z,

Thanks for the add. So far we've only booked our BS during the Vivo fair 2 weeks ago. As for banquet venue, we both like MBS but it's no longer available on the 18 Oct. So now we need to check other hotels for this date. And got to go through all the hassles of asking each and every shortlisted hotels again. Is trying to negotiate with htb for the next alternate date given by the Master which is on 05 Dec. But he's not willing to compromise as he keep thinking that I keep dragging and dragging since from the very beginning he wanted 1st quarter 15. And finally he compromise to become last quarter 2015. Very headache... We've been having too much disagreements since the planning of this wedding.. Very tiring

jjjk

you are right, coordinator is very important but because i have a wedding planner, the coordinator will deal with my wedding planner mostly...

i knw wedding show will give u perks, so will they extend the perks to you even u sign it after the wedding show?

When I went for the Intercon show last week they extended up till Friday (or until another couple wanted our date). The other vendors we spoke to at both shows also extended their perks for a week. That makes for smart sales because you really don't want to pressure people into signing.

The reason why we are considering changing coordinators is because the current one at PRBR just told us point blank that if we didn't sign yesterday there is no way she can keep the perks for us. So while we became one of the last few couples left sitting around to mull over the decision, another senior coordinator saw our crumpled faces and asked if she could help us instead since (only) our coordinator was still busy with other couples. She then told us that we should not make a rushed decision but we have to understand that while their boss would likely allow the main discount/table and choice of 2 perks to apply if we sign within the new deadline in their follow-up email, we have to understand that we may lose the 3 bonus perks which were exclusive to the wedding show. Essentially, the outcome is of rejection but it's how you speak the language of the customer that makes the difference. We could definitely do without the additional 3, but with our coordinator we thought we wouldn't even get any!

Starleaf

When I went for the Intercon show last week they extended up till Friday (or until another couple wanted our date). The other vendors we spoke to at both shows also extended their perks for a week. That makes for smart sales because you really don't want to pressure people into signing.

The reason why we are considering changing coordinators is because the current one at PRBR just told us point blank that if we didn't sign yesterday there is no way she can keep the perks for us. So while we became one of the last few couples left sitting around to mull over the decision, another senior coordinator saw our crumpled faces and asked if she could help us instead since (only) our coordinator was still busy with other couples. She then told us that we should not make a rushed decision but we have to understand that while their boss would likely allow the main discount/table and choice of 2 perks to apply if we sign within the new deadline in their follow-up email, we have to understand that we may lose the 3 bonus perks which were exclusive to the wedding show. Essentially, the outcome is of rejection but it's how you speak the language of the customer that makes the difference. We could definitely do without the additional 3, but with our coordinator we thought we wouldn't even get any!
Who is the jialat coordinator whom u spoke to? I signed with PR.. so far so good...

jjjk

Well she's ok really. She's been friendly and prompt in her responses so I wouldn't say she's 'jialat'. Very keen to sign with them still, but def not when we were in stress mode yesterday. Will see how the chemistry goes when they email to follow up. *cross fingers*

G&Z

HI G & Z,

Thanks for the add. So far we've only booked our BS during the Vivo fair 2 weeks ago. As for banquet venue, we both like MBS but it's no longer available on the 18 Oct. So now we need to check other hotels for this date. And got to go through all the hassles of asking each and every shortlisted hotels again. Is trying to negotiate with htb for the next alternate date given by the Master which is on 05 Dec. But he's not willing to compromise as he keep thinking that I keep dragging and dragging since from the very beginning he wanted 1st quarter 15. And finally he compromise to become last quarter 2015. Very headache... We've been having too much disagreements since the planning of this wedding.. Very tiring

is there any reason that he does not want to drag? hmm it's common for couples to argue about weddings but most importantly both have to reach an understanding and give some leeways to each other... if he does not want to change date to 5 Dec, then tell him that he needs to help check with the shortlisted hotels for the wedding date..

cheer up k!

I think I have approved...

Yup yup you did! Thank you.

Anyway, care to share how much did you all pay per table for banquet? Also, can I book the date without paying deposit?

I read in other threads that there are couples booking dates without deposit... Yesterday I went to view the ballroom at Movenpick heritage hotel & quite like it.

I asked when their wedding showcase will be held and it's in march 2015. Am afraid the dates I want would be taken up & I have tried negotiating over email but the sales manager did not reply to my qns when I asked her what other perks she can throw in for me despite me asking her thrice :(

xjace

Hey there! Would like to be added to the fb grp too!

AD set on 3rd oct 15 (was gonna go for 10oct because it's anniversary date, but this date is wayyyyy too popular and a lot of places are booked already). So far... Venue and BS all booked some time back... Now still slacking in terms of the rest of the planning work.

--jace

G&Z

Yup yup you did! Thank you.

Anyway, care to share how much did you all pay per table for banquet? Also, can I book the date without paying deposit?

I read in other threads that there are couples booking dates without deposit... Yesterday I went to view the ballroom at Movenpick heritage hotel & quite like it.

I asked when their wedding showcase will be held and it's in march 2015. Am afraid the dates I want would be taken up & I have tried negotiating over email but the sales manager did not reply to my qns when I asked her what other perks she can throw in for me despite me asking her thrice :(

hmm my price is about $1500 - $1800...
I'm not sure if you can book the date without paying deposit... but i think you can tentatively book the date until the other couple wants the venue on the same date then they will come back to you to see if u wan to pay the deposit to secure the date...

G&Z

Hey there! Would like to be added to the fb grp too!

AD set on 3rd oct 15 (was gonna go for 10oct because it's anniversary date, but this date is wayyyyy too popular and a lot of places are booked already). So far... Venue and BS all booked some time back... Now still slacking in terms of the rest of the planning work.

--jace

added! my WD is 10 Oct and I didn't even know it is a good date.... do you mind sharing the venue and BS?

xjace

Yeah it was.. I was booking my banquet venue like 1.5yrs ahead.. And yet some of the places I wanted was already booked for 10 Oct. Haha.

Wedding banquet booked with MBS, BS is Labelle Couture.

--jace

G&Z

Yeah it was.. I was booking my banquet venue like 1.5yrs ahead.. And yet some of the places I wanted was already booked for 10 Oct. Haha.

Wedding banquet booked with MBS, BS is Labelle Couture.

--jace

1.5 years ahead??!! I only booked the venue this year during their wedding show... my BFF used La Belle

G&Z

3 October
ChezzieL
Venue:
BS:

xjace
Venue: MBS
BS: La Belle Couture

10 October
G&Z
Venue: Raffles Hotel
BS: Calla by Casey Loh

Zeedee
Venue: Parkroyal @ Beach Road
BS: Z Wedding

Steffdarling
Venue:
BS:

17 October
SkyMan
Venue: Concorde Hotel Singapore
BS: Sophia Wedding Collection

Starleaf
Venue: Parkroyal @ Beach Road
BS: Bluebay

stephieessie
Venue:
BS:

18 October
hippo_woody
Venue:
BS: The Aisle

Yui
Venue: Sheraton Towers
BS:

21 October
miniminmin
Venue:
BS:

24 October
lwings
Venue:
BS:

jjjk
Venue:
BS:

30 October
FLXH
BS:

xjace

1.5 years ahead??!! I only booked the venue this year during their wedding show... my BFF used La Belle

Hahaha. I meant, I book this early this year too.. But to my wedding date.. That's like 1.5yrs before the actual day itself... Usually people probably only start booking their venues 1yr ahead from their wedding day.... Nowadays it's getting earlier and earlier.. All the Good dates get snatch up pretty fast!

--jace

skyMAN

3 October
ChezzieL
Venue:
BS:

xjace
BS: La Belle Couture

10 October
G&Z
Venue: Raffles Hotel