(2015/10) October 2015 BTBs

G&Z

yeap that's the one!

Ladies, I've just approved all the FB grp request. Had shared some pics of my wedding prep too. Paiseh to flood the grp with the many files and pic. Do share with the rest of us ur prep yah.

Btw, I'll be away in Oct till early next year, v v limited access to internet. Can the few of u (those already added to the grp) be the admin also? To help approve new Oct 2015 members.

I can help you to be the "admin" if you need

germcyl

Btw, I've gotten some PGs' rate & event stylist/wedding planner rates when I was doing some research on these few months back. Let me know if u girls want it.

Using SingaporeBrides app
Hi hippowoody, can you send me the rates for the event stylist? Thanks!!!

hippo_woody

Hi hippowoody, can you send me the rates for the event stylist? Thanks!!!

Hi germcyl, r u a Oct 2015? If yes, I can add u into the FB grp coz all the quotations r uploaded in it le.
If no, PM me ur email address, I'll email to u when I get home ltr.

G&Z

I went down to Calla today... now I don't know what to do... don't who to choose from...

it's between Michelle Huimin and Calla .... sigh

G&Z

Anyone been to BOWS? Any attractive perks?

I went on Friday.. I just walked around.. Special discounts for some of the PG & VG.. Not sure about BS as I wasn't paying attention

skyMAN

I went on Friday.. I just walked around.. Special discounts for some of the PG & VG.. Not sure about BS as I wasn't paying attention
I see.. I signed up but didn't turn up.. The merchants don't have those I like.. and didn't research much on PG and VG..

G&Z

I see.. I signed up but didn't turn up.. The merchants don't have those I like.. and didn't research much on PG and VG..

same... I dropped by to just check out the PG & VG... end up not to the bf's liking... only there for a while before I head over to Calla for appointment...

hippo_woody

Heard of Z wedding. But heard that their betta gowns need to top-up. Dunno how true is that.
Sophia gown not bad but heard the package is ex.

G&Z

How's ur experience at Calla?

Casey was really nice... He let me try a few gowns before we sat down and chat.. He show us their pre shoot pics n discuss the ideas and stuff.. I told him I need the weekend to think who should I sign up with but he did ask me what is my concern which I mention I'm just afraid that how the men suit will turn out...

Anyway I think I should be signing up with calla.. The price is within my budget and their pre shoot pics is up to the bf's standard

G&Z

Zeedee

nice to meet you ladies on the same mission haha. I've signed up with Park Royal Beach Road and Z Weddings :) now looking for an AD videographer. any recommendations?

G&Z

nice to meet you ladies on the same mission haha. I've signed up with Park Royal Beach Road and Z Weddings :) now looking for an AD videographer. any recommendations?

would you like to join our fb group?

wedding paparazzi, rekord haus

hippo_woody

Casey was really nice... He let me try a few gowns before we sat down and chat.. He show us their pre shoot pics n discuss the ideas and stuff.. I told him I need the weekend to think who should I sign up with but he did ask me what is my concern which I mention I'm just afraid that how the men suit will turn out...

Anyway I think I should be signing up with calla.. The price is within my budget and their pre shoot pics is up to the bf's standard

Men suit was my concern too. My BS v limited suit. I'm looking ard for a nice suit for my fiancé coz most suits in the BS he can't fit (suit too huge).

hippo_woody

Hi ZeeDee! I'm a 18 Oct BTB.
I'm considering LightedPixels Photography (either Kelvin or Alwin)
and Raymond Phang Photography (Raymond Phang).

G&Z

Men suit was my concern too. My BS v limited suit. I'm looking ard for a nice suit for my fiancé coz most suits in the BS he can't fit (suit too huge).

yea! calla and BV able to do mtm suit for him... so you going to mtm or buy? zara has good cutting suits

hippo_woody

Wow! I regret not checking out Calla & Bridal Veil first. My fiancé can only go for MTM/Bespoke, he's too slim to fit most suits. Zara's can't fit him too. Was looking for working pants for him, smallest size too huge. We wanna buy Prada's tux but no sizes for him either. His suit is my biggest headache.

G&Z

Wow! I regret not checking out Calla & Bridal Veil first. My fiancé can only go for MTM/Bespoke, he's too slim to fit most suits. Zara's can't fit him too. Was looking for working pants for him, smallest size too huge. We wanna buy Prada's tux but no sizes for him either. His suit is my biggest headache.

I don't know about Calla's men suits, but BV's men suit looks really good... not sure if they can just do the suit for you... you can check it out... can also try Kingsmen at far east plaza or Leighton @ far east shopping centre (old uncle but quite good tailor)

which BS did you sign up with?

hippo_woody

I signed with The Aisle.
I'm intending to check out Kingsmen too. But everytime I'm there, I get too caught up with sashimi at The Sushi Bar & forgot all abt the suit. Keke...

G&Z

I signed with The Aisle.
I'm intending to check out Kingsmen too. But everytime I'm there, I get too caught up with sashimi at The Sushi Bar & forgot all abt the suit. Keke...

ahh okay... is it the standing sushi bar? does aisle meet your expectations?

hippo_woody

It's at Level 4, super long queue daily.

The Aisle isn't hard-selling type. Thankfully for that. The photos didn't meet my expectation thou. I wanted those arty-farty kind of photos, but it didn't end up that way.

G&Z

It's at Level 4, super long queue daily.

The Aisle isn't hard-selling type. Thankfully for that. The photos didn't meet my expectation thou. I wanted those arty-farty kind of photos, but it didn't end up that way.

ahh okay... my wedding planner is giving me a list of what to look out for before I head down to calla to place the deposit

hippo_woody

ahh okay... my wedding planner is giving me a list of what to look out for before I head down to calla to place the deposit

Having a planner is good. At least a safety net to fall on. Ask Calla how much they charge if u want all the photos back (ie. soft copy).

hippo_woody

sure.. what's the name of the FB group?

thanks (and hippo_woody too) I'll check them out!

Zeedee, u can either PM me or G&Z with your email address. We'll invite u in. Its a secret group, thus u wont be able to find the grp via search. Need the admin to add u in.

G&Z

Having a planner is good. At least a safety net to fall on. Ask Calla how much they charge if u want all the photos back (ie. soft copy).

ah ok i nvr thot of that

G&Z

Sophia this year 13 years anniversary so their package have 1.3k discount..

the discount is still on? I went there to see see look look in July and they told me the discount up till end of July...

Zeedee

We booked the same venue!

their ballroom is really nice and it's probably one of the more affordable packages around, heard they kept increasing their price! too bad they didn't renovate the hotel itself. u took the grand ballroom? or the smaller one?

Zeedee

How's the package at Z wedding?

mine is the pre wedding plus AD photography package. apparently they gave us a special rate due to their May roadshow. so they are giving us the premium package (premium gown selection plus digital layout for the album) at the normal package price. Chris ling (and a designer) personally attended to us as he happened to be at the bridal studio that day haha. I didn't try their gowns though but they look really pretty!

Zeedee

their ballroom is really nice and it's probably one of the more affordable packages around, heard they kept increasing their price! too bad they didn't renovate the hotel itself. u took the grand ballroom? or the smaller one?

I wanted to say high-5 starleaf! but the emoticon didn't show up haha. when's your big day?

Hi G&Z, I dropped by Calla today n their gowns r v pretty.. R u taking the package w photography?

ally17

Hi, could u share a little more on what Calla includes and the cost if possible? :) Thanks!
Anyway I think I should be signing up with calla.. The price is within my budget and their pre shoot pics is up to the bf's stan

I don't know about Calla's men suits, but BV's men suit looks really good... not sure if they can just do the suit for you... you can check it out... can also try Kingsmen at far east plaza or Leighton @ far east shopping centre (old uncle but quite good tailor)

which BS did you sign up with?

G&Z

Hi G&Z, I dropped by Calla today n their gowns r v pretty.. R u taking the package w photography?

yup I'm taking the package with their pre-shoot afterall the bf is happy with the pictures so yea....

Hi, could u share a little more on what Calla includes and the cost if possible? :) Thanks!

off hand I can only remember this (not sure if I leave out anything):

- mtm WG
- mtm EG
- mtm men suit (to keep)
- off the rack men suit
- free trial make up
- AD make up (morning)
- AD make up (evening)
- pre-wedding photoshoot
- bouquet of flowers and 6 corsages
- flowers for car (fresh flowers)
- rental of kua/tea dress

as for the cost, can I just pm you?

they have off the rack gowns package as well which I don't remember at all...

hippo_woody

yup I'm taking the package with their pre-shoot afterall the bf is happy with the pictures so yea....

off hand I can only remember this (not sure if I leave out anything):

- mtm WG
- mtm EG
- mtm men suit (to keep)
- off the rack men suit
- free trial make up
- AD make up (morning)
- AD make up (evening)
- pre-wedding photoshoot
- bouquet of flowers and 6 corsages
- flowers for car (fresh flowers)
- rental of kua/tea dress

as for the cost, can I just pm you?

they have off the rack gowns package as well which I don't remember at all...

How many poses r they giving u?
For PS, how many outfit change?

I like ur package that comes with MTM WG, EG & men suit.

G&Z

How many poses r they giving u?
For PS, how many outfit change?

I like ur package that comes with MTM WG, EG & men suit.

hmm I have no idea... I think 2 outfit change.. actually I don't need too many pictures... i will put this in mind

Thanks!

skyMAN

mine is the pre wedding plus AD photography package. apparently they gave us a special rate due to their May roadshow. so they are giving us the premium package (premium gown selection plus digital layout for the album) at the normal package price. Chris ling (and a designer) personally attended to us as he happened to be at the bridal studio that day haha. I didn't try their gowns though but they look really pretty!
I think the promo is still ongoing.. lol
Wah.. lucky you.. I agree the gowns are super nice!!!

G&Z

Okay I'm going to calla now to pay deposit.. I hope I don't miss out any questions

Anything else I need to take note?

skyMAN

Okay I'm going to calla now to pay deposit.. I hope I don't miss out any questions

Anything else I need to take note?
Can you pm me the cost too?
How about wrist flowers for sisters? Charges for ampoules/eyelashes? Makeup artist to follow for photoshoot? Accessories to wear for photoshoot and AD included?