(2015/07) 2015 July BTB

eiko

the insert printing is by T-dragon if I understood ur qn correctly. I have a concern cus the insert wld easily drop out frm the card, and I'm thinking if shld glue/double side tape them or not

I'm feeling plenty of nervousness as I feel alot of things are not done what a challenge to stay calm!

Yup the insert printing is by T dragon, did you choose the cartoon design? T dragon quoted $10 to add on. They asked us to buy the string to tie. But I tink can glue. Can you pls pm me a pic of the cover u chose?

Jehvy

I just chose my wedding inserts with Jasvy during the weekend – insert paper with normal gold printing. No hot-pressed to save cost. Still nice.

Bridal Studio have kua but limited choices, SO thinks it looks nicer to get a qipao. I’m just not sure if it is worth it to spend a few hundred getting a qipao that I might not use much more. I just spent $500 to get the hardcopies of my pre-wedding photos - >_< wasn’t able to stay firm at the bridal studio to not top-up. Oh well…

I feel nervous and stressed too, there is so much more to do. I haven’t even confirm my evening gown for the actual day. I thought the one I choose previously wasn’t suited for the wedding day. Wanted to change to another gown but it was booked already. My studio coordinator advised that I come back in mid- May to pick out an evening gown again. I feel insecure with the arrangement – afraid I won’t be able to find an evening gown I want for the actual day so close to the wedding date.

Moreover, haven’t book for honeymoon in July and I am still renovating my flat – DIY painting, lots of cleaning etc and there are delays too. Worried I can’t get the flat ready by June. So much to do..

Jehvy

the insert printing is by T-dragon if I understood ur qn correctly. I have a concern cus the insert wld easily drop out frm the card, and I'm thinking if shld glue/double side tape them or not

I'm feeling plenty of nervousness as I feel alot of things are not done what a challenge to stay calm!

I just chose my wedding inserts with Jasvy during the weekend – insert paper with normal gold printing. No hot-pressed to save cost. Still nice.

Bridal Studio have kua but limited choices, SO thinks it looks nicer to get a qipao. I’m just not sure if it is worth it to spend a few hundred getting a qipao that I might not use much more. I just spent $500 to get the hardcopies of my pre-wedding photos - >_< wasn’t able to stay firm at the bridal studio to not top-up. Oh well…

I feel nervous and stressed too, there is so much more to do. I haven’t even confirm my evening gown for the actual day. I thought the one I choose previously wasn’t suited for the wedding day. Wanted to change to another gown but it was booked already. My studio coordinator advised that I come back in mid- May to pick out an evening gown again. I feel insecure with the arrangement – afraid I won’t be able to find an evening gown I want for the actual day so close to the wedding date.

Moreover, haven’t book for honeymoon in July and I am still renovating my flat – DIY painting, lots of cleaning etc and there are delays too. Worried I can’t get the flat ready by June. So much to do..

eiko

I didn't choose hot press too, don't know how much it will cost. But its nice. If you don't get a qipao how about a short gown? I'm getting a kua too coz I can't fit into a qipao. how many photos did u top with $500? How many was in ur package? I only have 20+ photos and am gg to choose next week....cross my fingers too...i am not firm too.

I also feel stress because my guest list is so unconfirmed. sian.

Jehvy

I didn't choose hot press too, don't know how much it will cost. But its nice. If you don't get a qipao how about a short gown? I'm getting a kua too coz I can't fit into a qipao. how many photos did u top with $500? How many was in ur package? I only have 20+ photos and am gg to choose next week....cross my fingers too...i am not firm too.

I also feel stress because my guest list is so unconfirmed. sian.

I’m okay with getting a qipao since I do think only a qipao/kua is suitable for a tea ceremony. I’m just checking out the prices now, hopefully can get one that is affordable - closest to my budget of $200.

My package includes 38 photos. Topped up 6 photos with $500, they gave me all the hardcopy unedited photos that they printed out for my photo selection (wasn’t in good condition though due to the tapes they pasted behind it to stick it on the album for us to choose from. However, the 200 plus photos were what I was after actually - It was all our memories created during the photo-shoot, I wasn’t firm even to just let it be thrown away so I bought it. The bridal studio was only willing to sell the soft copy at $1000 which is over my budget so I didn’t buy it.

My guest list is unconfirmed too, most of the people invited are my ILs and my parents’ relatives, our parents aren’t even worried. I don’t know how to follow up on it, just have to trust them to inform and follow up with their relatives. Our close friends we invited shouldn’t be an issue.

yukoh

I’m okay with getting a qipao since I do think only a qipao/kua is suitable for a tea ceremony. I’m just checking out the prices now, hopefully can get one that is affordable - closest to my budget of $200.

My package includes 38 photos. Topped up 6 photos with $500, they gave me all the hardcopy unedited photos that they printed out for my photo selection (wasn’t in good condition though due to the tapes they pasted behind it to stick it on the album for us to choose from. However, the 200 plus photos were what I was after actually - It was all our memories created during the photo-shoot, I wasn’t firm even to just let it be thrown away so I bought it. The bridal studio was only willing to sell the soft copy at $1000 which is over my budget so I didn’t buy it.

My guest list is unconfirmed too, most of the people invited are my ILs and my parents’ relatives, our parents aren’t even worried. I don’t know how to follow up on it, just have to trust them to inform and follow up with their relatives. Our close friends we invited shouldn’t be an issue.

You mean you have to pay to get the soft copies? Is it a norm? My photographer said he would give us the soft copies..

yukoh

Just want to share what are my remaining things to do.. do share if I miss any impt thing yea.. yet to prioritise them:

Food menu & Food tasting
Informal photo shoot
Jiemeis attire
Distribute invitation card
Choose wedding gowns
Gatecrash games
GDL
Distribute cakes n invitation card to relatives
Choose pre wedding photo
Buy ring
Craft thank you speech

anyone wanna share yours?

Jehvy

You mean you have to pay to get the soft copies? Is it a norm? My photographer said he would give us the soft copies..

Depends on what is the agreement with the photographer. I'm not to sure how things are really done but for bridal studio pre-wedding package usually I think the soft copies are not included. You get just the no. of photos promised.

If you engage your own photographer for pre-wedding shoots then they usually return you all the soft copies. However, whether or not an photo-album is included depends on what is agreed upon with the photographer. With album probably cost more.

Yukoh, your pre-wedding shoots is not with a bridal studio is it? Does the package includes an album with photos? How much does the package cost...just wondering...

Last edited:

yukoh

Depends on what is the agreement with the photographer. I'm not to sure how things are really done but for bridal studio pre-wedding package usually I think the soft copies are not included. You get just the no. of photos promised.

If you engage your own photographer for pre-wedding shoots then they usually return you all the soft copies. However, whether or not an photo-album is included depends on what is agreed upon with the photographer. With album probably cost more.

Yukoh, your pre-wedding shoots is not with a bridal studio is it? Does the package includes an album with photos? How much does the package cost...just wondering...

The pre wedding is tgt with bridal studio.. 5.5k

22 photos in album, 1 piece super 8R photo w frame, 1 piece 16x24 photo w frame. Photographer said we cld have soft copy of edited photo.. I will faint if need to top up $$ ..

Jehvy

Just want to share what are my remaining things to do.. do share if I miss any impt thing yea.. yet to prioritise them:

Food menu & Food tasting
Informal photo shoot
Jiemeis attire
Choose wedding gowns
Gatecrash games
GDL
Choose pre wedding photo
Buy ring
Craft thank you speech

Jehvy

That’s sound like quite a bit to do too.

Have you found your MC for the banquet?

Rent a car for the actual day?

Are you making your wedding montage?

Things I’ve yet done:

1. Collection of my wedding cards

2. Confirm my helpers and MC for the wedding day

3. Food tasting at hotel (Chosen my menu.)

4. Rent a wedding car (Any recommendation??)

5. Buy GDL stuff – for An-chuang, xi bing and etc.

6. Buy matrimony bed and bed set

7. Buy/make qipao for tea ceremony

8. Re-choose evening gown and refit wedding gown

9. Distribute cakes and invitation cards to relatives – after GDL

10. Finalize pre-wedding album layout

11. Prepare for ROM (Get dress and find lunch venue) –Having ROM before the wedding

12. Trial make up with MUA (Make arrangement regarding actual day MU)

13. Craft thank you speech

14. Prepare list of wedding songs and wedding montage for AD

I wonder if I still missed out anything, wow….I didn’t know my list of things to do is this long lol.

Jehvy

The pre wedding is tgt with bridal studio.. 5.5k

22 photos in album, 1 piece super 8R photo w frame, 1 piece 16x24 photo w frame. Photographer said we cld have soft copy of edited photo.. I will faint if need to top up $$ ..

5.5k is for pre-wedding photography, actual day gowns and actual day photography too?

Really that is good if the photographer said that but is that in the contract? Hopefully he honoured what he said. Usually giving a soft copy of the edited photos (all of them) is a rather tedious thing to do because there is quite a bit of photographs to edit. I think either it is already charged in your package or not I don't think they are that nice to give it for free especially the edited ones.

Did the photographer mean the soft copies of the 22 photos that was edited only or all of the photographs he taken? Hmm...

yukoh

5.5k is for pre-wedding photography, actual day gowns and actual day photography too?

Really that is good if the photographer said that but is that in the contract? Hopefully he honoured what he said. Usually giving a soft copy of the edited photos (all of them) is a rather tedious thing to do because there is quite a bit of photographs to edit. I think either it is already charged in your package or not I don't think they are that nice to give it for free especially the edited ones.

Did the photographer mean the soft copies of the 22 photos that was edited only or all of the photographs he taken? Hmm...

Clarified with my SO.. hahaha ok soft copies not so many! Gotta pay lah .. bridal package covers pre wedding plus AD gown. AD pg we sourced for another photographer.

Jehvy

Clarified with my SO.. hahaha ok soft copies not so many! Gotta pay lah .. bridal package covers pre wedding plus AD gown. AD pg we sourced for another photographer.

So how many soft copies are they giving you? It is so hard to stay firm with not topping up for the photos lol.

Ic, that is what we did too. Sourced for another photographer for the AD, luckily for that we get to keep all the photographs ^^

dapxy

Food menu & Food tasting
Informal photo shoot
Jiemeis attire
Choose wedding gowns
Gatecrash games
GDL
Choose pre wedding photo
Buy ring
Craft thank you speech

Hello Yukoh,

I'm left with the jiemeis/brothers attire, distribution of invitation cards, buying stuff for GDL, thank you speech, confirmed guests list and seating arrangements, diy candy bar, wedding march in songs, emcee speech, photos montage slideshow playing before start of banquet...

Hmm still like a handful ah.

eiko

We did our ROM already, so rings everything settled. My list is similar to Jehvy's:

1. Printing, Collection and distribution of my wedding cards

2. Confirm my helpers and MC for the wedding day and finalise schedule

3. Food tasting at hotel (Chosen my menu.)

4. Choose wedding and evening gown and suits

5. Choose pre wedding photos

6. Finalize pre-wedding album layout

7. Film save the date video

8. Craft thank you speech

9. Prepare list of wedding songs for AD

OMGGGGGGGGGG now then I realise got so many things to be done???????

eiko

Wa I think your package is good! 38 photos and 6 more. I agree that the 200plus photos are the ones I would be after for. Hmm, I hope they will be willing to sell the soft copy to me but some bridals wun sell lo.

Luckily the PG I engaged can do my montage so I'm outsourcing that part to them. Just got to provide them the photos means I got to DIG FOR THEM. GOSH........wat am i getting myself into? I should have gotten married in 2016. Luckily I skipped all the GDL etc........

Jehvy

Wa I think your package is good! 38 photos and 6 more. I agree that the 200plus photos are the ones I would be after for. Hmm, I hope they will be willing to sell the soft copy to me but some bridals wun sell lo.

Luckily the PG I engaged can do my montage so I'm outsourcing that part to them. Just got to provide them the photos means I got to DIG FOR THEM. GOSH........wat am i getting myself into? I should have gotten married in 2016. Luckily I skipped all the GDL etc........

Haha, really. I thought the bridal studios will sell the photographs as long as it meets their requirements. I guess you got to be worried how much they will charge you for the soft copies. Oh well, soft copies are good though...can edit and make our own albums and wall papers etc.

The PG is doing your montage, that sounds nice. We are just going to do a photograph slideshow with our photographs I guess.

eiko

Haha, really. I thought the bridal studios will sell the photographs as long as it meets their requirements. I guess you got to be worried how much they will charge you for the soft copies. Oh well, soft copies are good though...can edit and make our own albums and wall papers etc.

The PG is doing your montage, that sounds nice. We are just going to do a photograph slideshow with our photographs I guess.

We signed with the PG during BOWS so they threw in more freebies. Yup must see how much they charge for soft copy. Did you receive my PM? :) waiting for your reply.

Jehvy

We signed with the PG during BOWS so they threw in more freebies. Yup must see how much they charge for soft copy. Did you receive my PM? :) waiting for your reply.

Ic, I should have gone to the wedding roadshows. Haha, I've signed my bridal package too hastily without trying any gowns or knowing the things I would require in advance agioo.

I did. Had replied you.

eiko

Ic, I should have gone to the wedding roadshows. Haha, I've signed my bridal package too hastily without trying any gowns or knowing the things I would require in advance agioo.

I did. Had replied you.
Don't worry, I also signed my bridal package very hastily at the roadshow, so my photos only 20plus. :( yours is much better. is your AD PG from bridal?

Jehvy

Don't worry, I also signed my bridal package very hastily at the roadshow, so my photos only 20plus. :( yours is much better. is your AD PG from bridal?

No. We engaged our own actual day PG because I heard that AD PG from the bridal studio we signed are not that great.

eupgenie

Anyone have checked the price for Hotel fort canning Grand Marquee? Or talked to them already? It looks lovely at night but being an outdoor venue, it's usually quite costly?

I'm choosing my wedding venue and came across this grand marquee wedding showcase happening on 19th April. But i've read the past package prices somewhere online... just wondering is it advisable to have luncheon with Air con (+5k) or dinner without aircon since it's cooling at night. Not sure if there's strong fans for guests though.

Hello meowing! I think there's a rental fee of $5k whether u do it for lunch or dinner. I went to their showcase in the afternoon n i find it rather cold. But probably because there's v little people inside the marquee. If there are 200+ guests n there will be people walking in n out of the place.. it shld b a comfortable temperature? Otherwise the temp is adjustable too. Hope this helps!

dapxy

Hello ladies, how's everyone progressing? Been a little too quiet or is everyone getting busy? Hee :)

Anyway, anyone of u doing your nails? Which nail salons would u recommend? Keen to do some nail art!

Hope all is well. Cheers