(2015/07) 2015 July BTB

glorym

Or rather, I SHOULD be a July 2015 BTB haha. Am on the verge of booking my venue and have just started gown shopping :)

Last edited:

yukoh

Or rather, I SHOULD be a July 2015 BTB haha. Am on the verge of booking my venue and have just started gown shopping :)

Haha why should be?? Which venue are you looking at? Me might be taking Re hotel sit down dinner + lunch buffet for my in law side cus they inviting quite a lot of ppl..I'm a Chinese gonna marry an Indian Muslim.. For bridal we wld be looking for Fatimah Mohsin.. Any others still haven settle!!! Stress...!!!

glorym

Haha why should be?? Which venue are you looking at? Me might be taking Re hotel sit down dinner + lunch buffet for my in law side cus they inviting quite a lot of ppl..I'm a Chinese gonna marry an Indian Muslim.. For bridal we wld be looking for Fatimah Mohsin.. Any others still haven settle!!! Stress...!!!
"Should be" cos I haven't confirmed venue yet haha. Am awaiting confirmation from our pastor cos we're just having a church wedding then lunch reception after. Have soft-booked my date with Chijmes, but have yet to put in my down payment :)

yukoh

"Should be" cos I haven't confirmed venue yet haha. Am awaiting confirmation from our pastor cos we're just having a church wedding then lunch reception after. Have soft-booked my date with Chijmes, but have yet to put in my down payment :)

Oic.. You're not gonna have gate crashing?

Seems like very few july 2015 btb!!

glorym

No gate crashing too.

Hmm is it cos near 7th month? Btw I checked and 7th month should be in Aug next year. Am I right?

Using SingaporeBrides app

yukoh

No gate crashing too.

Hmm is it cos near 7th month? Btw I checked and 7th month should be in Aug next year. Am I right?

Using SingaporeBrides app

Ya it's near the 7th month.. I had to do after hari raya n before 7th month.. The window period quite tight also.. So stressed becus haven sign anything..

im officially a 18th July 2015 BTB! just booked the banquet at pan pacific orchard last weekend. Anybody have any actual day bridal shop to recommend.??
Whitelink bridal quoted me $5500 for AD gown inclusive photographer and videographer..exclude wedding car only.. is it expensive???

eiko

Congrats! How's the package like at Pan Pac Orchard? You taking lunch or dinner?

Hmm $5.5k is ok. La Belle Couture quoted me $4.3k (I forgot whether it include even PG)?

hi eiko! $1188 for a 8 course menu, 9 course @ $1288. I'm taking dinner. :) but it has low ceiling. But we like the long march in and bonus is the whole floor level is just 1 event at a time. when is your banquet date? have you got a bridal shop chosen already? Not too sure if whitelink is okie.. as wanna head down to bridal shop to see their gown before i decide.

eiko

Yup I've been to Pan Pac Orchard for viewing before. The reception area is cosy. I think the whole hotel has only 1 ballroom! Does the $1188 include GST and service charge? My banquet is 19 Jul 15, lunch. I haven't chosen a shop for Actual Day. Am thinking of Louvre Bridal coz of the Korean concept. Whitelink gowns are quite nice, and yup you can go down to their bridal shop. Rico A Mona has nice gowns and good service too!

yukoh

Thank u eiko! We are still in the midst of confirming venue and stuff..

Btw when does you ladies intend to get ur ps done?

hey eiko! im doing on the 18 jul 15 dinner! my friend used louvre bridal for her AD gown.. not bad for the gown.. korean feel. which hotel u doing?
hih yukoh! i got a ala carte taiwan PS so flying to taiwan in march :) have you chosen ours?

yukoh

For my ps, it's together with the bridal shop (fatimah mohsin).. :) maybe will do it in dec.. any advise for ps how many hours is recommended?

yukoh

PS is normally one whole day from morning to evening...say 8hours? Not including night shots.

Thanks eiko! Mine is 4 hrs only.. Jialat!! I think need to talk to them again.. Usually overtime is how much??

Jiayou!! ☺️☺️☺️

eiko

Thanks eiko! Mine is 4 hrs only.. Jialat!! I think need to talk to them again.. Usually overtime is how much??

Jiayou!! ☺️☺️☺️
You mean in your package is quoted 4 hours? Does it include indoor or outdoor and make up time? Usually make up starts around 10am, but the actual photoshoot may only take place around 12pm and end about 6pm so not sure what the 4hours you are quoted for may mean.

yukoh

4 hrs for both indoor & outdoor shoot, now we r clarifying with them on this.. thanks so much for the info eiko! (^^,)

eiko

Hi all, a summary for the Jul'15 brides!

11 Jul 2015
Bride: glorym
Hotel: Chijmes
Bridal: Amanda Lee
PG:
VG:

18 Jul 2015
Bride: Kelleigh Ler
Hotel: Pan Pacific Orchard Dinner
Bridal:
PG:
VG:

19 Jul 2015
Bride: eiko
Hotel:
Bridal:
PG:
VG:

26 Jul 2015
Bride: Yukoh
Hotel: Hotel Re
Bridal: Fatimah Mohsin
PG:
VG:

Last edited:

Jehvy

The package was $3188, bought during a promotion. Rather standard package:

1. Pre-wedding photoshoot (1 day) - 3 indoor & 2 outdoor (gowns) + 3 male suits
(Included: 1 wedding album - (38 poses/ 30 pages) , 1 mini album (20 pages), I wedding portrait and 1 table top) - Total 38 selected poses only.

2. Actual day - 1 wedding gown, 1 evening gown (both with accessories) and one tea dress + 2 man suit. 1 bridal bouquet and bridal car deco.
(Make-up (day and evening) and one trial without hairdo)

I was a reasonable price to me. However, I'm hardly checked out much bridal studios when I signed with them.

eiko

French Bridal is ok. I have a colleague that took, turned out quite well. 38 poses is generous too.

eiko

Sounds promising, that's good.

When is your actual day and hotel venue etc so that I can add you to our Jul BTB list? :)

Yup, I passed by french bridal shop and found that their gowns are not too bad too. I'd signed with them if I did not sign with another bridal.

Jehvy

When is your actual day and hotel venue etc so that I can add you to our Jul BTB list? :)

Yup, I passed by french bridal shop and found that their gowns are not too bad too. I'd signed with them if I did not sign with another bridal.

My AD is on 5/7/15 in Rendezvous hotel.

eiko

04 Jul 2015
Bride: Kiki0208
Hotel: Bridal:
PG:
VG:
05 Jul 2015
Bride: Jehvy
Hotel: Hotel Rendezvous Dinner
Bridal: French Bridal
PG:
VG:

11 Jul 2015
PG:
VG:

18 Jul 2015
Bridal:
PG:
VG:

19 Jul 2015
Hotel:
Bridal:
PG:
VG:

26 Jul 2015
PG:
VG:

eiko

04 Jul 2015
Bride: Kiki0208
Hotel: Bridal:
PG:
VG:

05 Jul 2015
Bride: Jehvy
Hotel: Hotel Rendezvous Dinner
Bridal: French Bridal
PG:
VG:

11 Jul 2015
PG:
VG:

18 Jul 2015
Bridal:
PG:
VG:

18 Jul 2015
Bride: Snauzie
Hotel:
Bridal:
PG:
VG:

19 Jul 2015
Hotel:
Bridal:
PG:
VG:

26 Jul 2015
PG:
VG:

yukoh

Hi ladies, how's the preparation thus far? Any challenges faced? One of mine I feel is having to meet other's expectations at times!!

Jehvy

Hi ladies, how's the preparation thus far? Any challenges faced? One of mine I feel is having to meet other's expectations at times!!

Indeed, I feel so too. It always makes me feel frustrated trying to meet others' expectations when it's not aligned to what I want for my own wedding. Any challenge is the financial aspect of the wedding, it's putting a huge strain in my SO and my pocket, sometimes I wonder do I have any cash left to start a family after marriage.

eiko

Indeed, I feel so too. It always makes me feel frustrated trying to meet others' expectations when it's not aligned to what I want for my own wedding. Any challenge is the financial aspect of the wedding, it's putting a huge strain in my SO and my pocket, sometimes I wonder do I have any cash left to start a family after marriage.

I totally agree....there is so much financial aspect. I want somethings at times but my hb feels its too extravagant haha! Luckily we did our ROM already so now just waiting for customary marriage.

yukoh

Eiko and jehvy.. yes I feel you ! I kept wondering if I wanna spend $$ for certain not so necessary stuffs for wedding over saving for future house and furniture.. financial wise feel quite tight but at the same time trying to ensure we don't have debts as we enter the marriage..

anyone wld be doing any diy stuffs?

And do you ladies think there's anything worth buying in bkk for wedding/house - deco/gifts?

Jehvy

I totally agree....there is so much financial aspect. I want somethings at times but my hb feels its too extravagant haha! Luckily we did our ROM already so now just waiting
I totally agree....there is so much financial aspect. I want somethings at times but my hb feels its too extravagant haha! Luckily we did our ROM already so now just waiting for customary marriage.

That's good. I haven't done my ROM, customary marriage or flat renovations yet. All three is going to drain us out, we are trying to save on this and that as we go. Glat reno we are going to diy painting and what not and wait for sale to buy furnitures.

Jehvy

Eiko and jehvy.. yes I feel you ! I kept wondering if I wanna spend $$ for certain not so necessary stuffs for wedding over saving for future house and furniture.. financial wise feel quite tight but at the same time trying to ensure we don't have debts as we enter the marriage..

anyone wld be doing any diy stuffs?

And do you ladies think there's anything worth buying in bkk for wedding/house - deco/gifts?

Not too such what they sell in bkk. But it's good to compare prices of stuff here than source out stuff in bbk dependkng on the quality of the stuff you need.

eiko

I almost done with flat reno. It is draining and that leaves less money for wedding stuffs. We did a fuss free ROM and we managed to spend less than $1k for it including rings and venue. But of course, I would have preferred a diamond wedding band.