(2014/03) MARCH Brides

yminisa

Have you guys picked a date? Sometimes I feel very paiseh talking to the photograhpers/bridal boutiques cos it seems very kiasu/kanchiong to be planning so early. But i know its only gonna be less stressful with advance planning.

wahwah04

Hihi! Also an early planner here, looking at Jun 2014, hahaha!

I haven't contacted anyone yet though...just browsing forums and looking through reviews to at least have a shortlist before I start contacting...I dunno where to start at all! Like very early to start doing all these but feel it's better to be prepared.

yminisa

Yup I have just booked my venue and got the bridal package already. Good to book early so that you can get the date that you want and you can also get early bird discounts. I booked my bridal package with Amanda Lee Weddings and was given 10% discount for booking more than one year in advance. But i think this discount only valid for MTM packages, and if you can more or less confirm your wedding date.

But one thing to note is that some places/vendors dont open calendars so far in advance. Though if you are very keen some may open for you.

yminisa

Ya we didnt calculate date, we just chose a date that we liked. We are having an overseas wedding, which also explains why we want to book so early. But will also be having a chinese banquet locally, still looking around for suitable places that are not too expensive. Considering Chinese restaurants.

nitecherub

Another early planner too, date's set for July 2014. Have just booked the venue, now doing research on the bridal studios before contacting.

sg_brides

Hi gals..neva too early to prepare/book for wedding especially if u have preferred venue to hold ur wedding
happy.gif
i was with amanda lee wedding..Amanda/Miah were great!

yminisa

I heard Amanda Lee Weddings is good but I didnt get Amanda/Miah. My designer is Pearlyn, think she may be new but so far I am very happy with her service.

missjojo

Hello! I've started planning too! Htb appreciates Chris Ling's work, so he decided to go ahead with Z. Initially I was deciding between Z and Le Grand, but Z's service standard wow-ed me over.

I'm looking at Pan Pacific / Fullerton for March 2014, but the price for it is not out yet.

Btw girls, are you all doing ROM together with AD?

nitecherub

I'm heading to Bridal Week too, hope to find a good deal for AD package. I'm more kiasu than you, already book my venue and AD photographer le... hehe.

idolyn

Hi ladies, me too.. planning to ROM and customary in 2014.. Havent decided any dates yet.. any geomancer to recommend?

yminisa

wow 1-TwentySix allow bookings so far in advance? from what I understand, most hotels only open 2014 calendar end of this year or early next year. so far have not been able to book many things because its still a long time away, although prefer to start planning early.

nitecherub

idolyn: My date was from a geomancer that my mum recommended, based in China. For local geomancers think David Tong and Alec Chia are among the popular ones.

yminisa: Lucky I guess. The venue's the first we looked at and booked, and thankfully they allow us to book to lock in the price.

I also prefer to start planning early so that less headache as the date gets nearer. If possible I want to get my PS done early next year to allow time for amendments if needed.

kimmibear

Oh my... i still haven plan anything yet... i only had booked for pre-wedding photoshoot... other stuffs don't know what 2 do...

cherified

Hi girls, I'm also planning for March wedding banquet, completed my ROM this July. Anybody doing their banquet on 1st March 2014 too?

evone

Hi congrats all!

I'm an early planner too. =)

Have booked bridal package alr... And shopping around for banquets... However, many hotels still do not offer Mar 2014 package... =(

gjm123

Hi all...
I'm considering between mar to may 2014, haven't decide yet due to accommodation. Haven't done anything yet at the moment except house hunting.

Evon - I think you can in advance book for Mar 2014 with the hotels even thou the 2014 package not out yet, better to lock in your date early since most of the time the package increases every year. Also, some of the auspicious dates, the popular venues are always fully booked 1 and a half year in advance. Talk to the sales manager, some nice ones will allow u to book for mar 2014.

Hi 2014 brides
Check wif u all, any of u or fiance is born in d yr of rat? Heard frm many pple that 2014 is yr of horse n will clash wif rat..

nitecherub

Yup, 2014 clashes with rat and hence not a good year to marry for those born in the year of the rat. If really have to marry, have to choose a good date to minimise the impact.

Then again, it boils down to individual beliefs. My fiance and I choose to marry in 2014 as 2012 and 2013 clash with our zodiac animals - just want the best for our marriage lah.

Dear Weds to-be,

If you are still sourcing for your wedding services, do join us at the upcoming event!

1953143.jpg

Event Details

Date: 19 & 20th Jan 2013
Time: 11am to 7pm
Venue: Peridot, level2 Max Atria @ Singapore Expo

See you at our booth for Fabulous Deals!

Warmest Regards,
Fion
Your Wedding Advisor
Coffee and Tea Dreamzcoffee
+65 63371714
www.dreamzcoffee.com
www.facebook.com/dreamzcoffee

figarro253

Hi all, I'm a March 2014 BTB too
happy.gif

Just a quick question, do we need to give tips/angpao to MUA (including celebrity MUA), photographers, florist, wedding gown designer, banquet manager, etc?
If yes, how much would that be? (range or %)

I'm doing my budget, so I'd like to know what are the expenses I need to be aware of.

TIA

marchbride14

Hi ladies,

Got a question to ask... What is the norm now for Pin Jin? Give tables to bride's mum and give a smaller amount for Pin Jin? then the bride's mum will take all the ang baos from the tables the groom give her?

My mum wants 8-10 tables, which she will take all the ang baos and she still expect us to give Pin Jin and for me to buy my own Jia Zhuang. Basically my hubs will be paying everything for our wedding we really want to save as much as possible. I'm really having a headache now and I've had a few unpleasant conversations with her.

Any suggestions?

mugwithlid

Normally, the bridegroom's side will give a certain number of tables to the bride's side. For eg, 5. Then if the bride's side needs more, they will have to pay for the extra tables.The bride's parents will keep the ang pao from the given tables.

As for Pin Jin, the bridegroom's parent will discuss with the bride's parent beforehand. Normally, the bride's parents will return a portion of the pinjin.

As for jia zhuang, I don't understand why you have to buy yourself. Normally, the bride's parent will buy or they will ask you to buy yourself and pay back.

lemonzil

It's a norm for bride's parents to return the pin jin. But how much for it actually depends on the bride's parents.

Jia Zhuang is what the bride's parents have to buy for the bride. This is what we were advise when we went to Le Knot at City Plaza. The groom's side will pay for the Guo Da Li + An Chuang + Xi Bing stuff etc.

lemonzil

Hi Nad, congrats!

mugwithlid

My close friend did before. Her solemnisation is done in the banquet hall before the lunch.

You need to grab the time well cos it can be pretty rush. We have to reach the hotel at about 11am for the briefing with the banquet manager.

It will be best if the gatecrash starts early so that you will have more allowance time.

lalalee

Just curious, if anyone here consider to make a sand art video as montage? I'm trying to get one.. but most of the 'famous' sand artist are expensive, cheapest i found is 1.4k. Found one, called sandartsg.com but no review about it..

snowrose

Hi Stella,

Same sentiments! Got in contact with sandartsg.com.. But am undecided on whether to sign up their service because the produced works will be based on the "love stories" we tell them.. rather than a meet up discussing what we would like to have, and whether they can accommodate, etc

lalalee

Snowrose.. we contacted with sandartsg.com too but we don't feel safe. Like you said, they do not meet up to discuss and will just based on what we tell.. besides, they keep chasing us to pay first before we clear off all our queries.. arggh.. sucks..