(2014/03) MARCH Brides

StephF

I got my videographer for $940 for AD video inclusive of express highlight for dinner from e morning and church.

His works are ok...not super artistic kind. More old school like..this is what happened kind of video. Hahah but ok la. I'm gonna spend more on photography.

His price is very cheap! Quite worth it if u just want to document what happened!

Me too, I just engaging a videographer for a few hours for the solemnisation, will focus more on photography! :)

Hello lemonzil , StephF , mudwithlid

i am officially March BTB ..
only settled hotel 2 weeks back..

now headache with oversea pre wedding shoot...

how your preparation... like so many things to be done but dont know where to start..

may i ask if you will provide evening make up to your helpers?

lemonzil

daffy duck, i'm a 'graduated' bride.

marriage preparations will always seem like a long list of things to do but canot be finished.
this paranioa feeling will stick to you until your AD is over.

Just list down the items and prioritize them. you will be able to work out from there.

i'm considered quite lucky, my helpers prefer to doll themselve up on their own. so i did not provide any MUA for them.
while my friend's wedding, she did engage 2-3 extra MUAs for her helpers, at their own expense of course.

Hello mugwithlid - (im reading yr blog now, i like yr blue gown)

at intercontinental... in the end i nv take up with park royal..

so fast save the date ?? omg - i havent even go select gown..
i research videographer, some too expensive some not avaialble..

mugwithlid

Daffy Duck.. Intercontinental is very pretty! I hope I can use there but it's over our budget. Oh dear.. Have u done your pre-wedding shoot? If haven't, got to select ur gowns and do soon. The album will take abt 3 months.

Haha thanks! I love the evening gown too. Very princessy. Haha actually that's is dark purple. :p

well we did some comparison, hotel intercon is providing free flow beer, wine, all wedding card inserts, free candy bar. so in a way it save us some trouble....

pre wedding is next month ..................

oh purple?? sorry i thot it was blue..

any one has recommendation on videographer???

mugwithlid

Haha it's ok. A lot of people also thinks it's blue. :)
Hotel Intercon really has good perks. Did you book with them during their wedding show?

I chose twenty8picks because I like their style. Got a super liking for those SDE that starts with vow. Haha
You got to choose your PG and VG soon cos March is coming!

Some of the VG that I consider are alvinadeline and winson cinematography. Hope it helps.

Dolphine

Hello Ladies....I'm a 21 March bride.... the rare Friday bride...

Looking for a MUA... any recommendations? :) I like the korean korean look

StephF

Hello lemonzil , StephF , mudwithlid

i am officially March BTB ..
only settled hotel 2 weeks back..

now headache with oversea pre wedding shoot...

how your preparation... like so many things to be done but dont know where to start..

may i ask if you will provide evening make up to your helpers?

Hi daffy duck!

I'm done with most prep... think the main major thing left would be the Chinese traditional customs thingy? Our parents have yet to meet, so still not sure what they want for the customs thing.

PG, VG, pre-wed shoot all booked and done alr. Next up would be to go look at the storyboard of our album layouts in Dec...

It's quite amazing you could still get a good venue so close to the wedding date... lucky you! :)

Haha it's ok. A lot of people also thinks it's blue. :)
Hotel Intercon really has good perks. Did you book with them during their wedding show?

I chose twenty8picks because I like their style. Got a super liking for those SDE that starts with vow. Haha
You got to choose your PG and VG soon cos March is coming!

Some of the VG that I consider are alvinadeline and winson cinematography. Hope it helps.

thanks .. I need find videography now....

this is suppose to be their usual perks except for free flow red wine. where they throw in when I finally signed the contract.

so all the major vendors you have confirm?

Hi daffy duck!

I'm done with most prep... think the main major thing left would be the Chinese traditional customs thingy? Our parents have yet to meet, so still not sure what they want for the customs thing.

PG, VG, pre-wed shoot all booked and done alr. Next up would be to go look at the storyboard of our album layouts in Dec...

It's quite amazing you could still get a good venue so close to the wedding date... lucky you! :)

I am super headache with parents meet -up. for whatever reason, my father refused to go. my mother is ok.

I am trying to finalise a MUA for my helpers... all seems to be so expensive ..

well, don't know lucky anot.. like so short period of preparation.. all not done not check.

/ stress/

StephF

I am super headache with parents meet -up. for whatever reason, my father refused to go. my mother is ok.

I am trying to finalise a MUA for my helpers... all seems to be so expensive ..

well, don't know lucky anot.. like so short period of preparation.. all not done not check.

/ stress/

Maybe you can ask your MUA if she can help your helpers with their makeup? I'm planning to ask mine to help my mum with hers, shouldn't be a prob. But for quite a few of your helpers, u might need to pay extra?

mugwithlid

thanks .. I need find videography now....

this is suppose to be their usual perks except for free flow red wine. where they throw in when I finally signed the contract.

so all the major vendors you have confirm?

Like StephF, we have confirmed all the major vendor. Left with the chinese customary stuff. My htb's mother would like to meet my parents but my mother only keen in next month or December. She says now very early! But Dec will leave only 3 months!!! -_-"'

You are indeed very lucky that you can still get the venue in such short notice. When's ur AD??

StephF

Like StephF, we have confirmed all the major vendor. Left with the chinese customary stuff. My htb's mother would like to meet my parents but my mother only keen in next month or December. She says now very early! But Dec will leave only 3 months!!! -_-"'

You are indeed very lucky that you can still get the venue in such short notice. When's ur AD??

I totally understand what you mean! My fiance also thinks there's still time, both sides parents not gan jiong to meet (we have been dating for almost 8 years and our parents have not met!), so I'm the only one who's stressing over this! Like, what if they meet and doesn't get along? What if they meet and talk terms and decide rhere are many things we need to prepare and buy, no time!!!

lemonzil

Maybe you can ask your MUA if she can help your helpers with their makeup? I'm planning to ask mine to help my mum with hers, shouldn't be a prob. But for quite a few of your helpers, u might need to pay extra?

they charge by per head...

lemonzil

Babe we same MUA right... So did you get her to help ur mum or sisters do makeup? Do you know how much extra per head?

Lili? Ya, i engaged her to do make up for me, morning, touch up noon and evening for both march ins and my mom. my sisters decline make up services so not sure of the price.

she gave me a package price for this. cant remember off hand, gotta check my record book. :)

but last month i got her to do make up for me (best friend's wedding so i'm the sister).
she charged me 100 (for me alone) plus she came to my place. she's charging 90 per head; min 4 pax.

StephF

Lili? Ya, i engaged her to do make up for me, morning, touch up noon and evening for both march ins and my mom. my sisters decline make up services so not sure of the price.

she gave me a package price for this. cant remember off hand, gotta check my record book. :)

but last month i got her to do make up for me (best friend's wedding so i'm the sister).
she charged me 100 (for me alone) plus she came to my place. she's charging 90 per head; min 4 pax.

Can check and let me know how much she charges for mother? My sisters won't need.. Thanks babe..

lemonzil

i think it's 100 or 120... for my mom alone..

yeah lor i have 6 helpers wor.

anyone hire a MUA for your helpers? it should be bear by us right?

i think still ok, we also never arrange meet. will yr hsuband go ti qing, they can talk about this during this session.
i am like super lag behind in all things..

my dinner very early 2nd march..

lemonzil

yeah lor i have 6 helpers wor.

anyone hire a MUA for your helpers? it should be bear by us right?

not necessary. my friend's wedding, MUA engaged by the bride but the cost is own expense.

StephF

Haha StephF.... Glad that someone knows how I feel.
My greatest worry is the communication between my parents and his parents. His parents only know how to speak English and Foochow. My parents only know how to speak mandarin and hokkien -_-"'

I have this fear too! My dad can speak and understand all 4 languages (el, cl, hokkien, canto), but my mum can't converse in el and canto. His parents angmo speaking one, so cl cannot make it. So I really duno how...

I have this fear too! My dad can speak and understand all 4 languages (el, cl, hokkien, canto), but my mum can't converse in el and canto. His parents angmo speaking one, so cl cannot make it. So I really duno how...

sure can don't worry babe.. u and ur bf can always translate and explain to them..

for me worse, my papa like not v keen to go meet up or even food tasting.. ;(

StephF

sure can don't worry babe.. u and ur bf can always translate and explain to them..

for me worse, my papa like not v keen to go meet up or even food tasting.. ;(

How come not keen leh? He's not the sociable type? My parents are also not the sociable type, but still need to meet la...

lemonzil

Is it only for the dinner, or does this $100 or $120 cover both morning makeup and dinner makeup?

it's only for dinner .. morning dont think there's even time to make up for ur mom. unless u want her to come super early. then of course got to add in the early hour charges too.

sohfoo

Hi all lovely BTBs, I have the following 喜喜 wall deco to let go at $20. Pls contact me at 96737672 if you r keen. I bought them at more than $30 from Chinatown.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 49
hello brides to be,

need you advise again.. are you all wearing kwa or cheongsum ?
my birdal studio kwa not v nice...

anywhere i can rent or buy ???

are you all wearing nu-bra for prewedding shoot gown?

mugwithlid

hello brides to be,

need you advise again.. are you all wearing kwa or cheongsum ?
my birdal studio kwa not v nice...

anywhere i can rent or buy ???

are you all wearing nu-bra for prewedding shoot gown?

I am wearing kua for my return visit. Initially I don't want but I don't look good in the cheongsum. Give a try in the kua and surprising I like it. :)
I will encourage u to wear nubra for your photoshoot. I bought this push up nubra (not the original brand) from FEP and it really gives me the oomph. :)

I am wearing kua for my return visit. Initially I don't want but I don't look good in the cheongsum. Give a try in the kua and surprising I like it. :)
I will encourage u to wear nubra for your photoshoot. I bought this push up nubra (not the original brand) from FEP and it really gives me the oomph. :)

hello hello
yes i know u are wearing traditional... cause i have been reading your blog :) :)

eunicechee

hello all march 2014 btb, have you guys printed your wedding invitation cards insert?
can share the printing company?

eunicechee

@mugwithlid: the hotel did give us a contact for printing the inserts.. but it cost $2.50 per piece or $120 whichever is higher.. so I'm now sourcing for alternatives! :(
it would be good if other BTB can share??? :)
TIA!!! :)

belinda87

Hi all btb. Personal recommendation to go to T&T instant print at jb city sq.

Was recommended by another btb to print. Prices reasonable. ;) printed 50pcs for soleminsation invites, RM138. Can collect after 4 days. :)