(2014/03) MARCH Brides

dancing_b2014

Hello everyone!

I'm a newly-minted Mar 2014 bride too, just booked our venue! Now sourcing around for BS, can everyone share where they signed with/are considering, and what the packages include? :)

wendycp

Hi marchbride14,
I dont think there is a norm price for Pin Jin, just have to discuss together on this. Bride's mother will return at least half, cannot take full cos not selling daughter. My gf mum said that, so sweet looo.. Have a good talk with your mum about the financial tight, 8-10 tables is alot of angbaos. See if she can give half to cover some tables.

Hmm Jia Zhuang is from mother, bride buy own Jia Zhuang to married out??

Maybe ask one of your good auntie to help with talking, hope it helps :)

wendycp

Hi dancing_b2014,

Can try whitelink, mine was from Whitelink. Quite flexible but that was like 3 years ago. Haha sorry Im just being kpo here.

My gf was from My Dream Wedding last year. Bad experience, this cannot, that cannot.

dancing_b2014

Hi dancing_b2014,

Can try whitelink, mine was from Whitelink. Quite flexible but that was like 3 years ago. Haha sorry Im just being kpo here.

My gf was from My Dream Wedding last year. Bad experience, this cannot, that cannot.

Haha thanks so much!

I've actually gone down to Whitelink to speak to someone named Ellice, but I didn't like that they tried to hardsell. She started off okay, but when I told her we needed to consider and look around a bit more (cos Whitelink was the first place we went to) she started really pressing us. I also don't like that we have to top up for dresses; the kind that I seem to like needs an additional 800 bucks generally according to Ellice.

On the other hand, La Belle Couture's package includes ALL their dresses, and everything else is pretty much the same too. I think in the end La Belle Couture is cheaper! No hardselling too, she totally told me to go and shop around a bit more before committing haha.

I'm still looking around though!

wendycp

Wah my time was $500 top up for swaroski crystal gown, but I didnt cos I feel not really worth it hehe

Have you browse thru their gowns?

cuddypie

Hi ! I'm also a Mar'14 BTB =) I have booked my venue, BS, AD photographer and Instant photo booth. Now looking for AD VG. Let's share our wedding preparation together =) Oh ya, if any of you also planning to get/booked Instant photo booth, what is the timing you would plan for the service ? Mine is a instant print machine with 2 hrs package.

lemonzil

Hi cuddypie, I just had my AD 2 weeks ago. Just to share, my photo booth kiosk was from 6.30-8.30pm... :)

Galinusa

hello all!

I'm also targeting to be a Mar 14 bride :) Not particular about date except we prefer it to be a Saturday dinner.
Have shortlisted a few venues for the banquet dinner based on availability. Once that is done, I will be able to fix the date and get the rest going.

Have also started to view BS and am more or less going for Bridal Veil. I like her clean cuts, and hopefully she is able to do something I have in mind. But if she doesn't ( I heard she has a bit of attitude ) then I will be back to square 1.

Also have plans for VG and Instant Photography. LiveStudio was recommended to me and I have seen them in action. Very good. But it is a bit pricey :( If anyone else has leads for IP at less than $1000 that would be awesome!

lemonzil

Hi Galinusa, I engaged Phooth at $600 for 2 hours. Seems like one of the cheapest in town I could find?

niliy011

Conrats to all 2014 BTBs! I'm new to this forum and still searching for venue~ Any comments or recommendations? Looking at approx 18 to 24 tables~ Going to view Hotel Rendezvous later~~ Dunno what to expect~

lexuan

Hi Everyone, I am also gg to be a Mar14 Bride - hopefully i can get to book the hotel for the date i want.
for Bridal wise - any suggestion? i am totally clueless on this. =)

tanjoeann

Hi cuddypie, I just had my AD 2 weeks ago. Just to share, my photo booth kiosk was from 6.30-8.30pm... :)

Hi, was 2 hours of photobooth enough? Was thinking of 2 hours, but was told that 4 hours would be more fun as our guest would be even able to take the photos after the banquet.

lemonzil

Hi joeann, it actually very much depends on the demographics of your guests. Older folks wont really be interested in the booth. Also, the day of your wedding?
Mine was a Sunday. So basically, after the banquet commenced, I had less than 5 groups of guests taking photos! the main bulk was during cocktail reception. And after banquet, everybody wants to go home asap... since following day is Monday..

It'll be a waste if your guests are not really into that and the no. of hours catered are too long... ? Just my 2 cents worth! :)

deloresyam

Hi BTB,

I am Mar 29th 2014 BTB. Just got the date confirmed last week and starting to plan for venue now.
I am a Malaysian marrying my Singaporean Fiancé. Realized that Singapore wedding is a little different from the one I attended in KL. Hope to get some tips from all of you here... :)

CelebPout

Hello fellow Brides to be.
I'm a 1st March Bride and have already settled my venue and bridal studio.

I'm also looking for a wedding planner.. more like doing up the decos for the reception i don't really need a planner service.
Anyone can recommend me one?

I've yet to settle my AD PG, will do w/o the VG.. since i think we will hardly see the videos.. haha..

deloresyam

Hi mugwithlid,

Have changed to May 2014 BTB because my wedding date too near to ching ming...
Have to pospone lor.... so sad.... I have recently confirmed my banquet at Ramada... Thats is also because I cannot get the venue I want... Crowne Plaza.

deloresyam

Mugwithlid, Ramada Ballroom is one of the best looking ballroom.
Its new and it has got high ceilings. Pretty much like Crowne Plaza...
But they are lack in terms of "grand".... They dont give that feeling.
Menu wise soso...
But they hv a nice place fr ROM...
Its acceptable la generally...:)

So I hv got my venue, PG, MUA confirmed.
Bought my gown too!
May I know, why most of the brides go fr MUA on AD?
Dont the BS provides?

I am going for ala-carte hence I hv to get MUA fr my AD.

lemonzil

I didn't know wedding invitation has cakes actually? not sure if we are refering to the same thing.

Traditionally i think these cakes are known as Xi Bing and are given from the groom side to the bride's and will be distributed to the bride's relatives?

lemonzil

I also think it might be the same thing just that the invitation card distribution only limits to the relatives...

lemonzil

Am not sure it might or might not be part of the tradition.. heh.

As for my side, my relative don't mail invitations to mother's or father's side. They visit from house to house distributing invite's & usually comes with some tradition pastry. Only friends then they mailed out the invitations w/o cakes.

yes that's the same thing we're referring to. :) we did it on the GDL day as well. anyway, i got my mini cakes from pine garden. not the cheapest but feedback the cakes taste nice.
but the attitude of the staff there abit poor. afterall, they are in this trade for a long time..

lemonzil

you're most welcome!

wobblestone

Hi all March BTB,
I'm new to this forum and just started planning.

I'm going for solemnization followed by luncheon. Haven't found venue, gown, photography and all that.

Is anyone else cutting cost and time by omitting gatecrashing? My friends are a bit disappointed that they can't disturb my fiancé.

MrsJT

Hello BTBs,
Am doing my AD on 9 March 2014. Nice to meet u. Will anyone be engaging MUA for their mum and mum in law? Do you have any good MUA to recommend? Budget around 60-80.
Many thanks in advance!

jendome

Dear all,

I am a 16 Mar 2014 BTB
Had booked my venue : Peony Jade @ Clarke Quay.
Will be doing my AD. ROM @ 11.00am, following up by a luncheon
BS : My dream wedding
Instant Photo Booth : Palette Pictures
Only engaged a PG as I dun think I will look back on video.

ha ha ha.

Will be going for gown selection on 29 Aug, then PS on 20 Sep ... so excited !!!!

favouredbride

Hello ladies, is anyone here able to help me? I've hire wedding live bands for my actual day, but they were asking if we able to provide them food & refreshment. Of coz refreshment is necessary, that one I can understand. They will be singing 2 set 45mins each set, so I was thinking do I really need to provide them food? Normally how does it works?

I think it's good to provide food for them since they'll be singing during lunch or dinner. when they're fed and happy, they'll be able to perform better too. you don't have to give them expensive food, just get a friend to takeaway something for them [:

sherryjiajia

Hi everyone..

I am a 14 March BTB.. I have booked my venue and BS, but other than that I haven started planning anything.. Oh no, I think I am quite late..

Oh, would like to check with you gals, usually does the bride need to provide the dress for bridemaids? And is it advisable that there's a videographer for the AD? Because currently my BS package only have photographer for AD.. Oh, and usually how long before the AD do we need to start preparing those traditional procedures like the pin jin, guo da li stuff?

Both my HTB and I thought that we can start preparing our wedding like a few months before the AD.. Now I gan chiong already..

Thanks in advance for your help!

lemonzil

Hi Sherry,

dont worry. you're not late. Since your venue and BS has already been booked, then you're actually quite safe.

As for the dress for bridesmaids, it's actually up to individual. Usually to make it look good in pictures, better to provide so that they can wear at least according to the theme. but of course, there are also brides who don't. Think about it slowly! You have lots of time to prepare for this.

Well, the Videographer (VG) is especially needed if you are going to play an highlight before your banquet 2nd march in. not forgetting some people want to record everything that happen in the morning espcially during gate crash (the bride dont get to see what's happening outside you know). :) If you are getting one, then it's better to start looking for one. Especially if you are booking those hot VGs.

As for those traditional procedures, it's usually few months before your AD. Need to sit both set of parents down to talk about it and discuss... so for that, you actually dont have to worry for now at all.

Hope the above helps!

sherryjiajia

Hi Lemonzil

Thank you for your advice! I think I will want a videographer coz I wanna see what happens during gate crashing! hehe. I think I gotta start looking for one now ^-^

Anyone got good and not-so-expensive videographer to recommend?

Thanks ya!

Apic Moments.jpg Ryan + Rachel0146.jpg

Lovely Btbs,

This is Michelle, i'm the bridal coordinator for Apic Moments. I'm a bride to be too! In 2015 though. =)

Just dropping by to say hi and also to let you girls know that you can drop me a mail if you need any assistance in your wedding preparations, anything at all. Though i've only started planning for my own wedding, but having being the industry for a good couple of years, i can definitely share with you girls some of my knowledge. =)

Same time, i'm also glad to inform you girls that we are currently having promotion of up to 20% discount for our packages. Send me a note if you girls wanna find out more.

Those of you looking for MUA, there will also be a 10% discount off packages from www.makethisout.com if you sign up for any of our packages.

Sure hope to hear from you girls!​

Hello ladies, is anyone here able to help me? I've hire wedding live bands for my actual day, but they were asking if we able to provide them food & refreshment. Of coz refreshment is necessary, that one I can understand. They will be singing 2 set 45mins each set, so I was thinking do I really need to provide them food? Normally how does it works?

It will be nice to feed them as Singing comes from the heart, i'm sure they will give it their very best especially when they feel appreciated. =)

Hi March 2014 BTB

need some advice. so far i only confirm a bridal. i have a hotel in mind.
is there enough time to prepare the wedding in March 2014?

any other major things to be done?

lemonzil

daffy, have you confirmed on your date?
please work on your venue asap, your AD PG and VG (if needed).
also, your JP if you are holding your solemnization out of ROM venue.

Hi lemonzil - i have 3 dates only. some hotel no more slot.
actual photographer and videography, i am clueless

what is the maket rate ?

lemonzil

daffy duck, you prob have to quickly check with the hotels you are looking at on the dates first.
secure the venue then source for PG and VG.

i got my PG from my BS as a trade off for my package so i dont really know the price. VG i think can cost easily 1.5K and above for a 10 hours package with express highlights?
I got mine from Yvonne Creative, cost me 1.4K and that was last year's price.
the market rate actually depends on the standard and quality of the PG/VG's work.
the price you are paying for will actually determine your end product.

There's a thread in the forum on photography/videography services. You may find out more from there. Look at your budget... and zoom down to what exactly you're looking for.
Some PG/VG can cost few thousands. while others few hundreds too.

StephF

Hi March 2014 BTB

need some advice. so far i only confirm a bridal. i have a hotel in mind.
is there enough time to prepare the wedding in March 2014?

any other major things to be done?
Hotel first! I booked mine a year in advance and already it as quite a heart-attack moment for us as the coordinator told us we needed to wait cos there's another couple before us who had reserved the date but have not confirmed. I think they were still contemplating so after the last day that the hotel had promised to hold onto for them, I called to say we confirm guarantee chop want to book with them, then they gave it to us.

So hurry go book your hotel first. Since you alr have one in mind, don't delay anymore.. Either confirm that, or go around looking for another one.

I got my videographer for $940 for AD video inclusive of express highlight for dinner from e morning and church.

His works are ok...not super artistic kind. More old school like..this is what happened kind of video. Hahah but ok la. I'm gonna spend more on photography.