(2013/10) OCT 2013 BTB

I was not very impressed with the menu, so I am dropping GH off my list.

So far I am eyeing Shangrila but the thread here is so tired, the last post was in Dec 2011....

Also I am not sure how the site recce is supposed to be like? I was advised that I can just go there on my own to see w/o the events manager. Hmm.

Also like GH, their pricing is valid until March 31 2013 only. Arrgh.. And they say they can do a tentative booking for me after March 31 2012 and then advise accordingly re the price increase. I hope it won't be too big or else I am screwed cos i would have wasted like 1++ mth???

jjosephine

èµµæ•: carlton got the price til jan 2014 alr. the rest mostly til mar 2013
sad.gif
sigh! its getting more and more expensive!

ps >> sharon: is advertising allowed here?
happy.gif
maybe posting at the marketplace page is better, cos i don't think the BTBs here are looking to buy bridesmaid dresses at the moment..

jjosephine

shorlisted more hotels awaiting their reply.. oh man, i can't wait to get over the shortlisting the venue part!! haha

jjosephine

Okay ic! so usually how many weeks before PS we need to go down to select gowns for the shoot?
happy.gif

hello chanel, haha.. we are Oct 2013 BTBs. no wedding experience yet.. :p try google?

Waaaaa....... Was looking at 1 hotel and I was told Oct 6 is on waitlist, the other one said tentatively booked for corp event....Boo...I may have to change my date le...

Whew, I'd most likely be an Oct 2013 BTB afterall, we have made a tentative booking at Mandarin Oriental for Oct 19, 2013 (We changed the date) ... :p
Now we are just looking forward to the wedding showcase to have a final look (and get more perks), get the blessings of his parents to have it at Man Ori (His mom suggested it!! His dad is suggesting for us to view more places Lol) and then we are ready to sign it.

Just did the ROM e-filing last night for our ROM on June 28 2012

jjosephine

oh yay glad u are still a oct 13 BTB! hehe.

haha, my younger sister gonna start work at mandarin oriental in may.. haha! I might be considering that too..
happy.gif

share more about ur package after the wedding showcase k!

I am still stuck at shortlisting stage, haven start site visit yet. :/
so far, all hotels i keen replied me except for clowne plaza! don't know is it they are too busy or what.. it's been 3weeks! not a single reply from them on their package for oct 13.

Josephine: How hard is it to send an email with the attachments for the package? 3 mins?

If u want the man ori package info i can fwd it to u...

herwink

Hi.
I have a MY DREAM WEDDING package to let go. It's local package but can convert to HK or retain as local. I have paid the deposit. Due to personal reason, no point Holding on to the package.

Willing to absorb $(NEGOTIABLE) long as I can release the contract.

My package in contract consist of 32 poses w all the standard stuff at 3000++.. PS and AD gowns, car deco, thank u cards, fathers jacket.. Etc. A 7 seater vehicle along w 1 PG and assistant and a MUA out for photoshoot... (after much bargaining..,)
Quite good deal cos spent much effort to bargain more perks

Feel free to email for details or question. Await offer.
[email protected]

roco

hello all!

im an oct 2013 btb! am so excited..

we should be confirming our wedding venue within the next 2 weeks.

went to the bridal fair at marina square last weekend and almost confirmed with Thomson Bridal but didnt in the end as i thought it wld be better to go to the boutiques and look at the physical gowns b4 making a decision.

so many things on our to-do list. we bought an EC in punggol so we were busy house hunting before this. after that it was the proposal ring, and then we started looking at dates for AD and dinner venue..(btw, proposal ring still not purchased yet =( )

anyway i am quite happy about this adventure so far...my htb has been very supportive during this wedding prep period.

hope to share and learn from other BTBs here

cheers!

honeykitty

hi roco, we have a 2013 BTB facebook group. Come and join us. pls provide your facebook email so i can invite you to join the group
happy.gif

roco

Hi celine, i cant pm u cos u might hv disabled the function?

Shaomin(spelling?), we r looking at oct 12.

Looking fwd to join facebook grp
happy.gif

roco

èµµæ•: i researched abt the SCB Manhattan Card but it seems that thr is a cashback cap amount of $200 per quarter. this card works well if we split the banquet payment into a few payments. anyway this is good enough... thanks for the recommendation

jjosephine

hi jane!
happy.gif
when is your AD? booked anything?

for all 2013 BTBs: Join us on Facebook grp! can either pm (me or celine) yr email if u r interested to join the 2013 BTB Facebook group ya~~
happy.gif

artificialjane

Hi Josephine
happy.gif
AD is on 20 Oct.

I've recently booked my banquet with InterCon during their wedding show. For gown, am torn between Silhouette and Bridal Veil though.

What about you guys?

I'm keen to join the fb group but cant seem to PM you. Here's my email: [email protected]

xiaocat

Hi celine... mine is on 5th of oct.. and i m now looking for bridal shops.. any of u have signed up with any bridal shops yet??? the packages good?? i dunno where to start looking for in a bridal package actually.. =P

my fb email is [email protected]. =)

Hello Serena!!
Oct 5 is my birthday
happy.gif
happy.gif

I have signed up for my pkg at Rico A Mona. They are quite good...

How I started was to flip thru Her World Brides and Style Weddings...Then that's how I got to know of Rico A Mona

xiaocat

Hi èµµæ•, that is so coincidental...haha.. Ya my fren took up with Rico A Mona and he posted one picture on FB that day and i find it really nice... hehe... package wise are they good??

Hi Celine, maybe cos my profile is private. I will go back and check it out again... =)

Hi Serena,

I'd say the pkg is pretty affordable...it is also comprehensive cos it includes everything, Makeup, PS, 1 WG, 1 tea dress, 1 EG, suits etc etc. Most importantly their gowns are nice...

xiaocat

Hi èµµæ•,

sounds like a good deal.. yesh.. I was previewing online for their gowns and photography... looks pretty impressive.. hoping to go down to the shop to look at their collection before deciding.. hope they allow.. i heard that there are some BS dun allow that...

Do they include trial make up in the package?? so overall you will say that their package is pretty standard and straight forward?? like includes everything.. my hubby not around in Singapore for long periods since he work overseas.. so like one stop shop kind of service =P hahaha...

Any ideas if there are still such package whereby they can include parents' suit in... not so worried abt mums cos it is easy for them to get.. but the jacket for dads are more concern.. hahaha....