(2011/01) Jan 2011 BTB

erna_adeline

hi all. i'm also a 2011 jan bride. my ad is on 15th jan and dinner will be on the 16th jan.. dinner booked at Grand Copthorne.

Hi Joanne, tong shu for jan 2011 is already out. coz it still the 12th mth in chinese calender of 2010, so it's out. unless u r thinking of doing ya wedding after chinese new yr of 2011 then you will have to wait for the tong shu for 2011, which will usually be out after the 7th mth of 2010. hope this help u
happy.gif

rebeana

Hi Adeline..
You having your AD on the 16th Jan at Grand Copthorne? Me on the 15th! hehe

And nope.. I didnt sign up at their bridal show.. But I sign up for their 10th yr anniversary promo package. Who is your coordinator?

yuki_21

Hi ladies..most likely i am shifting from Nov 2010 to Jan 2011 thread. Went to chose my dates. Don relaly like the dates in 2010..haiz... the year tiger just crash with me and my fiance.

The good date is 1 Jan 2011... hahahaha!!

Going to check out the restuarant i like.

sbearie

hi all!!! im also a jan BTB!!!

Marian: i got the same date as u!!!

15 Jan 2011

still sourcing for hotel venue. feel that this is the most tedious part!!

babymarian

Hello Rachel
happy.gif

Congratulations!! That's really great! I think there is a few of us here who will be holding our wedding on the 15th of Jan 2011.
Wishing you all the best and that you will find the perfect venue!

yuki_21

hmm..whats so special abt that date ?

its one of the dates given to me also lah... but my bf like 1 jan...hahaha

sbearie

hahaha. nothing special to me.

jus that it was one of the option given to me and works best for mi and bf's schedule. hehes

rebeana

Hi Rachel

I am also the same date as you! Seems like there are quite a number of people who chose this date.. Hmmm..
You should start searching for the venue now.. My ideal date is actually end of 2010 but most of the places I wanted are fully booked, thats why we have no choice but to change date..

sbearie

hi Rebeana,

we initially scheduled for 2010 too!! but like u, our favoured venues were all taken. so doing it in 2011.

i jus came back from park royal, the sales manager was telling mi 2011 will be a hot year for wedding!! looks like we all gotta compete with all other 2011 brides for a space liao.

where u looking to hold ur wedding??

rebeana

Why is 2011 a hot year to get married?

I have confirmed Grand Copthorne..
I went to Park Royal too! And I like the place except the huge pillars.. Did you try York Hotel? I quite like it too.. What are your other choices?

sbearie

im going to york hotel this friday!! i need to look at the ballrooms. cos we are having a dance party after the dinner. so must be able to fit min 35 tables and a dance floor.

im also looking at legends, raffles town club and orchid country club. mainly bcos space is big.

yuki_21

hmm..i think cos next yr is tiger..some ppl don wan to get married.. or only get married towards end of yr so they will have a rabbit baby...hahaha

the yr tiger is just not good for our horoscope..so no choice but to push it to 2011...haiz...

sbearie

oooh!! got quite a few on 1st jan also.

yup yup. its quite exciting. but frustrating at the same time cos many hotels not open for booking!!

sbearie

fiona: i haven book my venue. still looking around lo. but narrowed down to 3 liao.

1) Legends @ Fort Canning
2) Raffles Town Club
2) Orchid Country Club

Main reasons for these places bcos its big enough for a min of 35 tables and a big dance floor.

I suggest we compile a list of all Jan brides!! So we can share more info of venues and BS we visited!

List it in this format and I will try and help to make a list!!

AD / Venue / BS

babymarian

Hello Rachel
happy.gif

That's really great! Thank you for making a list.

AD: 15 Jan 2011
Venue: Shangrila Hotel
BS: Fashion Bride Taipei/Silhouette

sbearie

01 Jan 2011

Fiona Chuang / Concorde Hotel / Bliss Bridal Creations
Yuki_21 / TBC / TBC

02 Jan 2011

Geraldine / TBC / TBC

15 Jan 2011

Marian Hoo / Shangri-La / Fashion Bride Taipei or Silhouette
Rebeana / Grand Copthorne / TBC
Ang Hui Min Adeline / Grand Copthorne (Dinner on 16th Jan) / TBC
Rachel Ong / TBC / TBC

23 Jan 2011

Baby pie / TBC / TBC

30 Jan 2011

Joanne Chua / TBC / TBC

yuki_21

Fiona Chuang (kimbabysg) :Hi Five !! so i am not the only one who wanted 01012011...hahaha

Rachel Ong (sbearie) : thanks for updating =)
i wanted to book a resturant but the person don allow me now =S
Any way ,I am a la belle bride =)

kimbabysg

Yuki_21: Hi Five!! So happy to hear that you also same date with me. I guess u also very excited to prepare right.
happy.gif

Rachel Ong: Thanks for the updating.

sbearie

went to see Orchid Country Club this morning. I'm surprised they have revamped alot!! Everything in the club looks fairly new, lobby looks quite decent too.

Also went to have a look at the bridal suite. Its BIG!! and the balcony overlooks the OCC golf course and seletar reservoir. NICE!

The grand ballroom looks really grand with a huge foyer area. but too bad the ballroom marble flooring were chipped in some areas. But was advised that they will be doing some touch up.

Overall, NICE!

sbearie

rebeana: i went to york hotel last evening. ballroom was indeed very nice. but we felt that it is abit too small. the sales manager was saying i might need to extend my tables all the way to the foyer area. den imagine pple come out of lift they see the table setting liao. not very ideal.

did u see the rooms?? we felt it is not really up to hotel standards.

but we are giving up the place mainly bcos the ballroom is too small.

for anyone who is keen, they have a promo now for DBS cards. go check it out!!!

yuki_21

Fiona Chuang (kimbabysg) : Hee Hee..still a bit concern abt the dates..donno whether ppl will come. oopss... but really glad..=) pretty like the date. Need yr, new start =)
Hope i can get my restaurant !!

need to diet alot man !!!

kimbabysg

yuki_21 (yuki_21):Dun worry to much anyway, no matter what your friends and relative will come n attend ur wedding. Cos it fall on sat so no really long hoilday. Ya i also like the date. I also need to on diet too. Hiazzzz... Jia you together!
happy.gif

erna_adeline

hi Rebeana

my coordinator is Eddie, which ballroom r u getting? I took the waterfront ballroom. the ballroom is nice except for the pillar. As i'm only doing 22 tables, i can only take the waterfront ballroom.

kimbabysg

yuki_21 (yuki_21):sure no problem.

Lala (piggy_chong): what i know is a good date? So dun worry too much. Yeah one more ppl join us liao.

piggy_chong

Hi Fiona, that's what my bf say too. Dun be too superstitious about the date.
happy.gif

BTW, I start calling hotels to ask for 2011 pakage but all have not released.....

kimbabysg

Lala (piggy_chong): Oh serious huh? Then once is out. U have to quickly book. For time being u just look out which hotel u want?

notrough

Hi BTBs, since so many people asked me on how to make their wedding specials, I finally compile my wedding blog on all my ideas and research to make our wedding so special and unforgetable for young and old including for ourself.

You can check my blog on below to get some ideas:
http://specialwedding09.wordpress.com/

Do check it out from time to time..I update the blog all the time :). It's all FREE information. Hope you can benefit them for your wedding planning as I myself went through a rigourious research to make my wedding special.

yuki_21

Fiona Chuang (kimbabysg) : yeah =) hope i can get the resturant i wanted =) else i will be so clueless le..hee hee

georginalau

Hi Hi, I am also planning my wedding in Jan 2011. Date set on 9 Jan 11, as it is good for both of us.

Venue: Resorts World at Sentosa, but to be confirmed later as their packages are not up yet

yuki_21

Welcome =)

Some updates

01 Jan 2011

Fiona Chuang / Concorde Hotel / Bliss Bridal Creations
Yuki_21 / TBC / Labelle Bridal

02 Jan 2011

Geraldine / TBC / TBC

09 Jan 2011

Georgina Lau Wen Chi /Resorts World at Sentosa/TBC

15 Jan 2011

Marian Hoo / Shangri-La / Fashion Bride Taipei or Silhouette