(2011/01) Jan 2011 BTB

peegu

Thanks for your info, Marian and missyrui. I was a 15th Jan bride. Feels funny to be a Mrs. Haha.

I'll be having my reunion dinner at my in-laws, becos I thought that's the tradition. But my parents don't seem happy. Why???

peegu

Hi Kass, our alcohol consumption for the dinner was about one and a half bottles of red wine per table (we had 26 tables).

Good luck on your planning! It was a freakin tiring day. And the preps was even tiring! But try to plan early and have fun nonetheless.

missyrui

Hi Freda I was a 15 Jan bride too haha..

Maybe your parents still not use to your new status? I m definitely not use. I was crying to sleep on the second night after the wedding. Home sick. Even now when I went back to visit them I will still get the home sick feeling. But I still love my married life.. ;)

peegu

High five missyrui! Glad you love your married life, I feel pretty much the same, only that now I'll have to tick "Married" for my status now.

Homesick is normal, for we've stayed with our family for so many years since young, but over time will get used to it.
happy.gif

Maybe my parents are not used to my new status, yeah. Maybe. But I thought since they are traditional folks they will advice me to have reunion dinner at my husband's place! But nooooo, they weren't very happy. Very weird. And frustrating.

peegu

missyrui how was your wedding dinner? Did everything go smoothly?

Cupcakes&Cream, your pre-wedding montage was fantastic, it brought tears in my eyes even though I don not know u personally! Very touching. Very well-done! Was it expensive?

missyrui

Freda, I m used to the 'married' status long time ago cos I rom-ed in 2009 haha ..

my dinner was ok .. can consider quite smooth .. started at 8pm on the dot (as per our itinerary) and finished before 11pm .. not too bad ..

how about yours ?? =)

peegu

You could manage to start at 8pm! Wow, well done!
happy.gif

We started at 8.20pm! My guests were quite hungry. But the rest of the dinner part went on as scheduled, so was considered smooth.

Have you gotten your photos??
happy.gif

krazimitzi

freda~ my hubby & i go to my family's reunion dinner, and then his family's reunion dinner every year for cny. we been doing that for 5 years now. seems to work, except for the fact that we are VERY FULL! :p

peegu

krazimitzi, thanks for your info! Sounds like a perfect idea, you get to mingle with both sides
happy.gif

missyrui, I've just collected my AD pics
happy.gif
All in jpeg format, so i'm thinking of developing some to frame them up.

troides

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

I just received and printed my AD pictures.

Ladies, I need some advice. I want to send the photos and CD (about 200 gms) to an USA address. Singpost rates are $57, delivered by 4 working days.

Are there cheaper rates out there, like DHL and Fedex? How to go about checking their rates?

Thanks in advance!

cupcakescream

Hi Freda,

Thanks! Yah I love my video. It really shows who we are as a couple and our love story. It wasn't very expensive at all. Linus charges $1.5k only for a fully conceptualised shoot.

What I love about him is that he sit the couple down and ask them questions like where they like to go as a couple, what they like to do as a couple, what things are meaningful to them and what they hope to achieve out of this shoot. Based on the answers given, the whole story board is custom-made for them. AWESOME right? I would strongly recommend him to any of my friends coz I think $1.5k is super cheap. Most places would be charging $4-5k for something like that...
happy.gif

cupcakescream

Lish,

I remember that in lucky plaza there are courier services on the upper floors that are much cheaper than SingPost. I was wanting to send stuff to Melbourne after the wedding and checked them out. Maybe you can try there if you happen to be in town?

Btw... I got more photos from my 2nd photographer so I've added it into the album. Still waiting for them to send me the DVD of images though...
sad.gif

ROM photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=315737&id=709840750&l=0b8966fbb5

troides

Cupcakes, thanks for the suggestion
happy.gif

Very cute cupcake glasses haha.

Something to share, I visited different shops to print out the digital pictures. The prices differ greatly, $0.20 to $0.60 per pc. Cheapest rates I found so far
1) Photo printer at 1st floor Jubilee Centre, Ang Mo Kio
2) Harvey Norman at West Mall. $0.25 per pc, no min pcs.

Hope this is useful
happy.gif

cupcakescream

Lish, yes very cute glasses. My friend drew those cupcakes for me during the games segment. They are on my bedroom door now. hee hee...

When will your photos be up on facebook? I'm really looking forward to seening yours!
happy.gif

cupcakescream

Marian : I was from NCC till I married an Aussie blok! Now I go to church in Melbourne
happy.gif

pinkcoral : I love the voiceover in the videos. The words are so meaningful... Did you get the carpet custom made? It's very nice!

Jun : I made the cupcakes myself. I have a cupcake blog where I post up my creations but I dont update it often enough...
sad.gif

http://christinescupcakes.webs.com/apps/blog/

pinkcoral

Thanks cupcakes! We got the carpet custom-made from the states. Shipping costs a bomb..
I love your cupcakes!! Are they difficult to do? I just started baking this week.. and am looking for easy recipes to try.
happy.gif

missyrui - where did you go for your honeymoon. I'm so looking forward to mine... in 5 weeks time. :/

missyrui

pinkcoral - I went to new zealand. 12D11N .. we extended one day on the last location and F&E by ourselves .. a good place to go if you are more interested in scenery than doing activities .. but their activities are power! haha

missyrui

you've been there?

yes i agree there's more sheeps than humans .. so cute haha but they have short wool .. the shearing of their wool is done in nov/dec period ..

pinkcoral

Yup! Was there some years back! I love the ppl there too.. they are all sincere and heartwarming.
happy.gif

We did a self-drive.. and drove until legs cramp but it was fun!

cupcakescream

Hi pinkcoral,

I think cupcakes are not too hard to do. After a few attempts you get better at it and you twigg the receipes to your own tastebud
happy.gif

Martha Steward's website has heaps of recipes that are fun to try. I get many of my receipes from there
happy.gif

missyrui

pinkcoral, me and my hubby was saying that we should drive around by ourselves the next time we go there .. tour package is very touch-and-go kind .. cant get to do alot of the activities .. bleah!

peegu

Oic! They take really pretty photos, melt hearts that kind.

I think I enquired about Rebirth's sevices before. I think he wasn't available for my AD, guess we were too late in booking him.

bedazzle_me

Hi gals,
I am a March BTB and I have a question that I hope to have some advise on.

I have checked with my guests if they can make it for my wedding before I sent out the invitations to them.
What is the usual dropout rate when I RSVP them again 1 week before my AD? (My friend told me to expect 20% dropout. Really??)
How about AD turnout?
Can someone please share their experience with me?

ahgirl_

bedazzle_me: not to worry too much... if u had checked with ur guests b4 sending the invitation out, turnout shd be okay.. from ther u will be able to see who is ur true frens.. =)
but normally there will be some last min cases.. dropout perhaps 5-10% only..

peisze

Dear all Mrs.xx..,

Congrates to all Jan's brides.
I'm a Dec's BTB. would u all mind to recommend a good MUA for me?

I have some in mind - Cleo Chang, Liren Neo and Sandy Ho, just would like to find out who is better? or you have come across a good MUA on ur actual day? hope to hear from you all soon.

Thanks ya
happy.gif

peisze

Dear all Mrs.xx..,

Congrates to all Jan's brides.
I'm a Dec's BTB. would u all mind to recommend a good MUA for me?

I have some in mind - Cleo Chang, Liren Neo and Sandy Ho, just would like to find out who is better? or you have come across a good MUA on ur actual day? hope to hear from you all soon.

Thanks ya
happy.gif

peisze

Hi Marian,

I just viewed your photos in fb, u r soooo pretty
happy.gif
would you mind to share with me what is her rate and contact number?

peisze

hi pinkcoral,

Thanks for ur comment and sharing, luckily I haven't signed up with Cleo yet.. any other recommendations? headache sia
sad.gif