(2009) Brides of year 2009

candy84

Mashi
Thanks

Belle
Oh, u met up with Sim too? Ya, their works not bad and price very reasonable. Just confirm with them yesterday.

Gals
Wow all so fast got a flat and starting for reno? till now still have not found our idea lovenest, so after wedding stay at HTB's place lor.
my 1st appt with BS will be after CYN and photoshoot will be in mar and apr

icepurplelatte

Actually i also heard that glossy surface will have less visible mark leh but now seems like matt is more "in" hor... Haiyah... dunno la... maybe mix both ba. Keekee~

I still trying to loose weight but not very successful. Haha. Don't dare to call BS to fix 1st appt coz I think i wont look pretty in my gown. LOL.

verena

peareys> My pre-wedding PS is not from my BS actually. It's actually Yow Siang from Big Day Pictures and he's also my videographer on my AD =) Saw that ur reno only start late sept, wld everything be completed by ur AD?

poisedon gal> yes, i agree. 5-room resale reno is more expensive than a new flat. Furthermore, I'm renovating the entire flat, even though the flat is only 3-year-old. Lotsa of $$ needed. Sigh. Do you think price will drop towards mid of this year since economy not doin that well?

freegoer

pebbles> nope 1 gown cannot be used by more than a couple within e same mth. remember u return le still need to go for dry clean.

precious_11

Hi hi..

Have finally decided on my dinner venue.. and paid the deposit liaos.. final choice was Marriott.. thanks to those who offered their comments
happy.gif

Can someone pls help me update the table..but mine is kinda complicated coz its on 2 separate days

26th Sept - Church + Customary
29th Sept - Dinner @ Marriott
BS - V0lans C0uture*
MUA - Vivian

*The system rejects the name of my BS.. so have changed the alphabet 'O' to a numerical '0'..

SS - hi... Meritus mandarin was one of my choices previously.. understand that their ballroom is already taken up on 29th Sept..not sure abt the smaller room though...
happy.gif

mongju

Hi poohise,
I am still hunting wedding venue and most likely will choose by next week.. Seems like most of you guys already set everything..
My AD date is tentatively 29 May or 30 May upon the venues' availability and will have solemnization together before the banquet.

Question : Are solemnization and ROM same? (sorry that I'm still blur in SG wedding concept)

Thinking of having a small wedding (max 120 pax), and still collecting the information about the venues.
Yeterday I went to SAM and checked the glass hall, it is quite nice and cozy like house wedding, but cannot really imagine how to proceed the ceremony and not sure the guests would like Friday dinner buffet
sad.gif

Will go down to the wedding show tomorrow to check few other hotels like Holiday Inn, M Hotel.

Just wonder whether you guys would prefer a kinda informal banquet in a museum with buffet or a normal banquet in a hotel with courese meal. FYI, half of my guests are not local, so even if we hold banquet in hotel, I would prefer to have western menu.. Is there any price difference??

krystal80

hi nana, sorry! there's a misunderstanding..the church doesn't provide the food and yes u have to get ur own caterer =) Remember to book the canteen/hall also together with the chapel ah =P

Usually a service instead of a mass is suggested if one party is not catholic =) But u have to remeber to go for either ur EE/MPC before ur pre nup appt with the priest coz need to present the cert to him...My hubby and I are catholic too so if u need help with the preps, lemme know and I'll see what I can help with =)

which church are u using btw?

pebbles, i guess how fast the montage gets done depends on how comfy u are with the programme ur planning to use and whether the music and all that is at your disposal =)

irritant

just saw The Central also having wedding fair from today till sunday...maybe compete with BOWS :p

but since it's nearby, i think i will go to Central before or after BOWS to take a look too. hopefully get to see some nice gowns...

Cher, happy for u!!!

noknok

Can help me update mine as well.

Have decided to have animation for banquet by Coffee & Tea dreamworks.

My AD photography is by Sattine as well.

Thanks thanks.

I went to the wedding travel fair on monday, it was so disappointing, basically it's jus a gathering of all bridal shops.. dunno how the 'travel' fits in. Anyway, I got something to ask, how do you walk through and take pic or look at the gowns without being pestered by the sales ah.. We were like hurrying through cos we were bugged at every single booth.

footprint

mongju,
No prob. Will just update with whatever info you have for now.

you can consider Chijmes, Very nice place to have wedding and solemnization together.
happy.gif

As almost half the guests not loca, think they will appreciate western menu more?
But of coz, to discuss with ur HTB as well as your family members ba.
happy.gif

irritant

walk seperately...

or just say u r married already...wear ur rings on the 4th finger n show them...it worked for mi...

if they very irritating or dun allow photography, usually i just go upstairs and shoot from far...10x zoom...hee...

geminiger

poohise: i am getting T-dragon for thw wedding cards also...how did you get to know them? mine was becoz of Orchard Hotel giving me the contact..

lorraine: need to check with goerge if i can go ahead with nightshoot..ya...agree that i have to settle my gowns and my hubby's suits first
sad.gif

angel: thanks much!

mashi_mashi

IcePurpleLatte,
dun worry lar. no matter wat size, sure can find pretty gowns de lar.
keke..

Candy,
Y ur PS is in mar n apr?? u got 2 PS ar?

noknok

Haha... we haven't even started looking at rings yet.. sigh.. no rings to wear

Actually we all dun need to go.. Aroh go and we wait to see photos can already.. haha

irritant

well done lar...then i end up never bring the photos how?

hahaha..nok...u dun have normal couple rings?

maybe i'll go alone tml...since eva is not free tml...just go and scout around...take some pics...going alone saves alot of trouble, esp when i go with a camera...they will think i go just to take photos and not interested in their package...hahaha...

noknok

Haha.. got coke can rings that's bigger or not ah?? finger can't fit in leh.. tried and tested le.. the old kind maybe can, the new cans now.. cannot liao.. how??

hi_hazel

Mashi,
i went last sun to make my appt and my BS is fully booked frm march onward till july.
Luckily my previous co-ordinator have book end may in advance for my PS.
My current co-ordinator tell mi that we'll come 2 weeks in advance to try out the latest gowns,
if we come too early, we'll have to try again when nearer, mine is OTR.

IcePurpleLatte,
Maybe you can have matt on the surface and glossy on the below...
Below is where we normally knock on tables n stuffs.

Vt,
we love Big Day's work but it's nt within our budget..
sad.gif

We have done up most of our reno except the MRB and some touch up.
My HB will be posted overseas after CNY and will onli be back for PS and ard late sept
so hopefully it's in time to finish up everything.

pebblydiamonds

freegoer: oh ya u have a point there.. hmmm that makes me think if my timeline is a little too tight.. esp since i'm having courses and exams.

andrea: montage wise.. i think we r a little more relaxed. we r starting to do up a simple one ourselves now.. so when the PS photos come, we'l just add on a few of them. music wise will be separate. we'l just play a cd of our favourite songs..

saggiegirl: icic.. looks like 2mths between fitting and PS is the standard huh.

thanks for sharing everybody!!
happy.gif
i was planning on a mid Jun PS, and a end Apr fitting, if fiance and my schedules permit. we calculated that mid Jun PS, we'l get our photos end Aug to mid Sep mayb? is this time frame realistic, u think?

mashi_mashi

Peareys,
OIC. seldom BS will recommend couples to do tat ba. sure they will knw when will their latest gowns arrived and they normally ask u to go after the gowns arrive. mayb they hv a batch coming in apr. haha

mine is also sort of OTR. but then will choose earlier as worried 1st fitting cannot find anything. then can slowly choose. haha..
last min choosing like very rush lor. tats wat i tink lar.

freegoer

pebbles> more is ur photo album layout tat is the issue. with digital photography, you can do ur selection almost immediately but the lab printing and your album design and layout takes time

livinginsg

Thanks Glympse! I just came to know of it so have not gotten down to researching. My friend(she is from Malaysia and her HTB is from Finland) needs a "single status" certificate too, for the finland registration procedures.

You must be very busy now! Tying up the loose ends in SG while getting ready for a new chapter in Sweden.:) Stay healthy okie!

saggiegirl

pebbles> yes
happy.gif
they will ask u to select raw footage then will touch up etc...do layout, then give u see again. When confirmed, they will send for artwork and printing.

sun_tan

Hey ppl,
The table is simply too wide, so i wont put in addition infor like animation or MUA.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>AD Date</TD><TD>AD Day</TD><TD>AD Venue</TD><TD>Bridal Studio</TD><TD>Estimated Date for PS</TD><TD>Pre-PG</TD><TD>AD PG</TD><TD>AD VG </TD></TR><TR><TD>jadeite</TD><TD>05/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>Orchard Road Presbyterian Church</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Neo Xiaobin</TD><TD>Neo Xiaobin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Miow miow</TD><TD>09/09/2009</TD><TD>Wednesday</TD><TD>Marriott</TD><TD>Sattine</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Sattine</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>guinguin</TD><TD>10/09/2009</TD><TD>Thursday</TD><TD>Grand Copthorne Waterfront</TD><TD>My Dream Wedding</TD><TD>09-Mar</TD><TD>Adam Ong</TD><TD>Tom Shen</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pearline teo</TD><TD>12/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>Riverfront Hotel, Mercury room</TD><TD>Double Up</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Dream coffee</TD><TD>Dream coffee </TD></TR><TR><TD>gracelourdes</TD><TD>19/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>Furama Riverfront Hotel</TD><TD>FranceTaipei Bridal (Penang)</TD><TD>9 and 10 Apr 2009</TD><TD>FranceTaipei Bridal (Penang)</TD><TD>Yong How (1950 Photography)</TD><TD>Daniel (Wowmedia) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gal</TD><TD>19/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>Divine Couture</TD><TD>09-Jun</TD><TD>Derrick Ong</TD><TD>Derrick Ong</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lesley Lee</TD><TD>19/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fish Hu</TD><TD>19/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>Le Meridien</TD><TD>Yvonne Creative</TD><TD>Feb/Mar-2009</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Mr Wu (Depixel)</TD><TD>Pistis </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noknok</TD><TD>19/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>Crown Plaza Hotel (T3)</TD><TD>Sattine</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Sattine</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meow</TD><TD>20/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Mandarin Oriental</TD><TD>Ted Wu</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>William Chua</TD><TD>Daylight Pictures</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ju_ed</TD><TD>20/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Four Seasons Hotel</TD><TD>Blush Blush</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Eng Hong or Chi Kuang (39East)</TD><TD>Chi Kuang (39East)</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kath Lye</TD><TD>20/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Amara Sanctary Sentosa</TD><TD>The Infiniti by Whitelink</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Coffee &amp; Tea</TD><TD>Coffee &amp; Tea </TD></TR><TR><TD>Andy N Eva</TD><TD>20/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Novotel Clark Quay</TD><TD>Di Gio</TD><TD>09-Jun</TD><TD>Stanley (SLCC)</TD><TD>Chris woon</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>XiaoKeAi</TD><TD>20/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Beach Culture @ Watercross</TD><TD>Di Gio</TD><TD>Apr/May 09</TD><TD>Ben from Di Gio</TD><TD>Regina (John Lim Photography)</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>Glamourous</TD><TD>20/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday &amp; Monday</TD><TD>Shangri-La Hotel</TD><TD>Ted Wu</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Sam (Vocare Media) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Darkchocolate</TD><TD>20/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>GCW</TD><TD>My Bridal Room</TD><TD>09-May</TD><TD>My Bridal Room</TD><TD>Dreamzcoffee</TD><TD>None </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lena</TD><TD>20/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Regent Singapore</TD><TD>Sophia Wedding Collection</TD><TD>09-May</TD><TD>Sophia Wedding Collection</TD><TD>Nickg</TD><TD>Nickg </TD></TR><TR><TD>arieswolfy</TD><TD>20/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Hotel Rendezvous</TD><TD>White Link</TD><TD></TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lalaa</TD><TD>26/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>Bliss Garden</TD><TD>La Belle Couture</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>La Belle Couture</TD><TD>Nozza.net</TD><TD>Nozza.net </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fifteenmay</TD><TD>26/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>Merchant Court</TD><TD>Venus (JB)</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Venus (JB)</TD><TD>Daylight Pictures</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hui Sheng</TD><TD>26/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>Park Royal Plaza</TD><TD>Sophia Wedding Collection</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cher</TD><TD>26/09/2009</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD></TD><TD>V0lans C0uture</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>~Cor~</TD><TD>27/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Grand Plaza Park Hotel City Hall</TD><TD>Bridal Concept</TD><TD>Mar/Apr-2009</TD><TD>Chris Ling Photography</TD><TD>Simon Video and Photo Service</TD><TD>Simon Video and Photo Service </TD></TR><TR><TD>grace</TD><TD>27/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>The Marriots</TD><TD>Sophia Wedding Collection</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>mstomrs</TD><TD>27/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Grand Copthorne Waterfront</TD><TD>Yvonne Creative</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>elstrial</TD><TD>27/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Grand Mercure Roxy</TD><TD>Sophia Wedding Collection</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Chuian Feng (1950 Photography)</TD><TD>Zhi Hua (Vocare Media) </TD></TR><TR><TD>sun_tan</TD><TD>27/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Rasa Sentosa - Shangri la</TD><TD>White Link</TD><TD>09-Apr</TD><TD>White Link</TD><TD>Kelvin Koh (lightedpixels)</TD><TD>Kevin Yap (yappiesprod) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fav09</TD><TD>27/09/2009</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Bliss Garden</TD><TD>Golden Horse</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>juski22</TD><TD>27/09/2010</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>Riverview Hotel</TD><TD>Superstar (JB)</TD><TD>May/Jun 09</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pink</TD><TD>27/09/2010</TD><TD>Sunday</TD><TD>The Legend</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>* </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>29/09/2009</TD><TD>Tuesday</TD><TD>Novotel Clark Quay</TD><TD>SG Bridal</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>Kelvin</TD><TD>Tom Shen</TD><TD>Kaiwen (image of wisdom) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cher</TD><TD>29/09/2009</TD><TD>Tuesday</TD><TD>Marriott</TD><TD>V0lans C0uture</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</TD><TD>*</td></tr></table>

min0511

hi girls...just wana have an idea where are your honeymoon destination be? i tot of going maldives or maritius but it seems to be a monsoon period in the month of july....haiz....so now have to source other places....

mashi_mashi

Peareys,
Quite true lor. in JB then difficult liao. tink also to minimise the travelling time ba. so tink u 1 time also hv to settle all.

tats the reason y i willing to spend more to find my BS here. keke..
cant hv the perfect for all tings.

but then i will b goin to JB to source for printers to print invitation cards after CNY. wanted something different fr the normal ones. hope wun b ex. keke...

da230509

Angel: thanks for your recommendation, will check it out

poohise: my banquet will be at Mandarin Oriental not legends @ fort canning...hee

if anyone still looking for OTR WG, EG or tea dress maybe can go down Amanda Lee Weddings next mon - fri, they having sale!

queenly

poseidon_gal, i agree...my 4 room reno already cost me 34k and still pending some other quotes...stress..

VT, im using yow siang for my AD VG oso...he just took for my bestie n its all compliments for him during the dinner when the guests saw the express highlights

irritant

hhhmmm...do we need estimated date of PS in the table? i think MUA is more useful than the date as i see many people did not provide this information anyway...

thanks sun..appreciate the effort...

pumpkin_pie

princess, jun's just right for your wedding in nov. =) Had my Taiwan PS 2 mths ago in Nov 08. Kept raining during that period, so had to postpone my PS. Luckily, I was there for 10 days, so waited a week till the weather turned sunny.

pudding: yes, seems like it's a really hot date. cos i sent out mails to 30 hotels and 20+ say the ballrooms are booked. so not many to choose from. haha... everyone really book early. =)