(2007) Brides of year 2007

jhoo

oh no jazol, so sorry to hear abt that. take good care of your body ya

my little prince is hospitalized coz he has high fever since last thur. fever goes up and down, and highest 40.1+-. my sis is so worried that she cried just now seeing his temp up to 39.9. luckily these few days im not working so able to help out at the hospital, but my poor mum has to stay overnight to take care of him as he sticked to her alot, and also my sis preggie so unable to stay. my sis went for scanning this morn and her gynae told her that she can choose a date on 1 dec for caesarean coz again her bb is rather big just like the 1st one

jean, yah i also just realised we 2 same day...haha congrats to u! wah lucky of u to find shoes tat can match both WG & EG..i bought mine and wore them on PS...now chow da liao..dunnoe wan to get new pair or nt coz scared later my PG take pic of me wearing my shoes..ahhah later dirty can see...wahhahahha

anise, my montage nt completed...my march in songs haven burn..and no news frm my hotel on trying out my montage...i haven confirm the no. of tables with my co-ordinator coz my FH super relax. 11 more days to go liao..gua gua gua..tis weekend gt to settle else nx week super busy liao..u done with your seating list? oh yah, i haven got my photos yet leh...sigh...very long rite?
me also thinking if i can diy my hair for 2nd march in...anyone with ideas? i noe gt bride took out all the pins and place a crystal hairband on her curly hair..quite sweet looking but i worried later i let down my hair like super "pong" hahahah then too late to bundle them up liao coz my hair super thick leh.

monkie

hi iceblue

mine not silk type just those cartoon character one. mine is cinnamoroll / melody...can't remember. i got it from hong kong.

the reason i buy the pyjamas is because i need a top that has a row of buttons in front so that i can remove my top after my make up to change into my gown easily without smerdge my make up.

not for any customery prupose but for practical reason.

mrsgan123

oh dear... jhoo... my niece was also admitted to hospital 2 weeks ago due to high fever.. doc say we sent her into hospital too late (2 days with fever, consulted doc in both days) and was suffering from meningitis and the fever had damaged 40% of her brain.. still in hospital monitoring.. these 2 weeks i have been in and out of hospital and i'm down with gastric flu and on mc for 2 days..

so, jhoo.. do take care of yourself.. i belive your prince will be strong and recovered soon.

jazol/kaye.. not bb contest, i havent have any children yet, is a beauty contest.. heee.. http://www.kotex.com.sg/babe.asp .. but i guess i have drop off to dont know where alr..

bluberi

iceblue, we so long nv chat here... u nv realised dat the thread is barely moving.. we all migrated liao... lol

mi same as cynthia, i got my PJs fm Hongkong, fm ladies st. mine is snoopy one... the material is better than those carton PJs sold in SG, beri keeps in warm in aircon room.
happy.gif
but u can oni get it when weather is still cold in Hkg, i got my first set in mar. when i went in apr, i had to ask the boss if they still haf it anot coz change season liao.. heng he managed to dig out the stock for me.

tryphena

gd mrng ladies!

von, oh i see! its a good experience.

jhoo/von, no worries the kids will get well guess its the virus flying ard.

kaye, ur mum's frens cumin earlier to eat pig trotters? haha ur ILs will be furious cos got guests in ur hse.

gals, share smtin wif u. my MIL was so cute ytd, she commented to my hub's SIL tat I am a good girl and she's nt cos I ate whatever she cooks during my mini-confinement whereas the eldest DIL din wan to eat cos scared fat and say cnt take 'pu'. thn after tat, my SIL's face turned so black and left after a short while without saying bye and her son too... *sigh* my MIL got me into trouble.

monkie

hi agnes...
their PJ cute right? i get all my fav catrron characters..like kitty, cinnamoroll, melody..al sanrio character.

jellyfield

hi happylife,

glad to hear u r doing well in ur preg.
happy.gif

perhaps u can try spring maternity? like u, am preggie as well. but din get any preg dresses yet. am buying bbdoll dresses. hope tat they can last me to at least the end of 2nd tri. :p

take care in the meantime!

bluberi

cynthia, ya lor.. the PJs so cute n comfy... i regretted nt getting 1 or 2 sets more. the 1st set i got was pekkle duck.

sher, congrats to u too ! i just wear normal white heels for PS leh. cos my BS told me dun need to wear new shoes, later get dirty mah.

i have just settle my table seating arrangement last sunday. btw, when are u gg for final gown fitting ? my photo album also not ready yet...still have not received any calls from BS till date...i will go for final fitting this sunday, hope can collect the album too.

my hair also super thick & long...sure cannot diy lah. later look like mad woman....

kayemoss

Wow, seems like my decision not to let Claire get out of the house b4 she is 1 mth old is right. Some many ppl getting sick.

Von, alot of competition for the ultra babe contest!

Jazol, yup... I can imagine my ILs face. U know what, my hubby needs to borrow their car on this Sat. My MIL wants my hubby to go up to their place if not no car. I was thinking mabbe she wants to talk to her son w/o me around!

Jazol, dun worry about your SIL. Mabbe ur MIL words will make her give u and ur hubby less trouble?

decent_gal

hey all Nov BTB..this is a very important month for all of us..my wedding is this coming Sunday on 11/11/2007 and I will be going on leave tomorrow liao...Therefore I would like to grab this opportunity to thank all the Brides who has shared with me their advices and also suggestion. At the same time I would like to congratualate all the Nov BTB...remember to be a happy and pretty brides...Cheers!!!!
happy.gif

tryphena

kaye, hope so bah! bt tink she will tink worst of me and even more jealous of me lor! *sigh* wonder if anyone of you have 2 DILs in the family and got such problem?

cutienottikitty

hi gals..

i'm just reading ur post and thot maybe i should give some advice...i'm ex-bride...married in oct...

i realised that a lot of us have the same problem with dinner RSVP...i'm lucky enough that my dinner place allows me to lower my no. of tables ... and not charge me...if not, i'll sure suffer a big loss...

i've booked 35 tables as its the min.... went down to 33 tables plus 2 tables as reserve tables... luckily went down cos not only the 2 tables did not open... but only about 85% of the remaining 33 tables were filled...

in my case... there are "friends" who said they are coming... and just 2 hrs before the dinner, sms other friends to inform me that they not coming... another friend also did the same thing..and said she got to go home and pack her room so not coming when she already said she and another friend coming..in the end... within 2 hrs...1 table have 4 empty seats...

and for my hubby and myself..we arleady over-invite... i invited 30% more...my hubby invited 30% more... but in the end..pple still play u out... even at last min...

so it's better to over invite, than to lose money...and also get reserve tables... most of the places will give u up to 2 reserve table... and only when u have too many guests than open..if not, u dun need to pay for the 2 reserve tables...

and from experience, no matter how perfect the seating arrangement can be..in the end...to save table and seats..u will have to slot pple into empty seats...

so dec BTB, dun be too stressed about the seating and namelist... okie??? most impt is to relax and enjoy...=D

monkie

hi cutie
i understand what you mean.
for me, i can only have one reserve table.

then, i will just see if got empty seats, and slot those late comers there.

cherimoya

Hi Hui, thanks. My hubby is happy. I'm excited.
happy.gif

Hi sylphide, I think renting is good idea. Perhaps will go there and take a look soon.
happy.gif

Hi jellyfield, congrats to u! When is your EDD? Where can I find spring maternity?

iceblue27

haha agnes u smart sia go HK stil remb abt pyjamas.i no tot of it , i wen there in mar tis yr

cynthia i loking for button type too..

hmm mayb tmr go chinatwn c c

ppiggypig

hi all nov btb, my AD is ten days time..
wanna check what time u ask yr mua to do makeup in the evening. I have headache with mua who kept bargaining with me the time i requested for her to arrive... she kept giving me her problems... so piss with her!!

bluberi

cynthia, i tot can haf 2 reserve tables?

iceblue27, the first time i bought was unexpected one, juz happened dat my mum wanted to get for my nephew coz the hotel aircon beri cold, den we see had adults size n beri cute, so i bought also.

the 2nd time i went was a mth later n my mum kept on reminding me to get another set for my nephew in a bigger size if available n also for my AD eve.

Jean, so gd your BS advise u to wear norm. shoes..sigh doopid me wore my new shoes go beach hahaha...ben si le. haha yah i agree leh, my hair so thick later i diy like mad woman hw? maybe i asked my MUA on AD see wat she suggests.
=)

piggypig, hee..mine is a wedding lunch..so can't advise u leh, but i get mine to do it 1.5 hrs b4 the actual timing where yr guest will arrive. =)

ppiggypig

how much yr MUA charges for a 2nd hairdo??

btw anyone can share what is the market rate for ang pows for the various ppl eg jie mei, driver, mua etc etc

mrsgan123

jazol.. i'm the 2nd DIL in the family.. somehow ILs will take us to compare... but me n my SIL age gap is abt 10 years old, and they have 2 sons who aged 14 and 10.. so when my MIL compared us, my husband will say.. they are from diff generation, diff family brought up.. hee..

jellyfield

happylife,

thks! my EDD is end apr. when's urs & ur hosp?
happy.gif

can find spring maternity in suntec (whr all the bb & maternity stuff are), plaza sing, amk hub & causeway point. can check out their web as well www.springmaternity.com.sg

i've went to maternity xchg before. tink can rent for 1 month. or u can sign up for their package. cant rem watz their package is like tho.

haf u started buying any maternity clothings yet? hehe..

danadele

hi ladies, how have u been?? sorry had not been on thread fer sometime cuz very tired..
happy.gif

going fer gathering.. hehe.. when is it?? can at least fix a date so tat i can request .. would love to be present if i can..
happy.gif

jaspire

hi strawberries, ya... the thread has been pretty quiet.

Okie, how about 23rd Nov(Fri) for dinner? Please indicate if you are able to make it. Location either Suntec or Marina Square? Or any suggestion on location?

puroland

Now buget airline on sales, $33 (b4 tax) to taiwan. I check the dates, very odd dates. If can manage to get at least 1 way on the sales price, should be quite good. Do check that out!

But confirm this yr xmas is stucked in SG liao. hahahaha!

kyra

That's for Jan to Jun 2008...my xmas is definitely a localised one this year. Haha, but think on the bright side, can decor our very own house for Christmas!!

tryphena

von, ur age gap is quite big whereas mine is only 2 yrs and I am the youngest DIL. *sigh* tink age gap is near so more comparison, my SIL likes to compare herself with me.

jhoo

oh my von, hope your niece will get better. how does it affect her with 40% demage brain? my nephew just discharge today, and everday when his fever subside, we will always try to ask him question and ask him to read from one to ten for us coz we also worried the fever will demage his brain

jazol, guess your sil is jelous and wanted to become one of your MIL's favourite, so she is angry with you when you do better than her. ignore her and do as per normal. its tough to correct her and maybe as she got older, she may change this mentality

piggypig, ur AD also 17-Nov ?? mine is on 17-Nov. my MUA say she will arrived at 4.30pm wor. i pay her extra $100 for change of 2nd hairdo (actually is $150). for driver, pg & mua, i will pack $18 each cos we already paid them for the service mah, this is only a token of appreciation loh. as for jie mei, still not confirm yet. hehe.

cherimoya

Hi jellyfield,

my EDD is 9th May. Going KKH and my gynae is A/Prof John Tee. How about yours?

Have you feel your baby first kick?

I'll go look around for maternity wear. I haven't buy any maternity clothes cos my tummy not that big, in fact I can still wear some of my pants. I hope it's normal. Cos my sister and MIL kept asking me how come I can still wear my pants. Haha..

Can't wear to see the gynae on the 28th. Hope baby is doing well.

kayemoss

Von, 40% damaged brain sounds serious. Will it affect her alot when she grows up?

Jazol, can't imagine ur SIL want to compare or rather compete with you? Mabbe she feels inferior as compared to u, that's y she has such mentality?

My hubby's younger SIL also jealous of me before i got married to him.. Mabbe she feels that my MIL favours me more than her bah... But in reality, i think my MIL favours her more than me.

My MIL today asked me a real dumb question. This Sunday is the day my ILs celebrated Claire's full month by praying to the ancestors mah. My MIL asked me," Will u be bringing the baby up to our place?" I said no, citing the reason that she is not even 30 days old. Guess what she asked me later, "So will u be coming up too?"

*Faints* If Baby is not even going, would the Mum go? Buey tahan!

Btw, Happy Deepavali!
happy.gif

blurblur25

Jean: my AD is on 17Nov as well. Think is a super hot date. normally the ang pow will give to them when they have done their service right?

ppiggypig

wah so many Nov 17 brides...
anyone heard of mua coming in the evening to do MU at 6.30pm?? my mua onli can make it that time..sigh
btw do we give the ang pow to pg and mua in the evening, ie end of their service or 2 times ah?

mrsgan123

jhoo, good to hear that you prince has discharged. no worries of him having brain damaged, since doc allow him to discharge, doc definately gave him a throughly check.

yap.. 40% brain damaged is very serious.. now she had lost her ablility of speech and her left side of the hand and leg not able to move. doc say she will not be able to be normal person again... but she is strong and had been doing well on her recovery. Now is depends on her inner strength to rebuild these function.

blurblur25

17Nov is a hot day. heehee should be able to see lots of bridal car on the road. Accordinly to my MUA, she has to make up for 4 brides in 1 morning, quite worried there will be delay cause im holding a lunch. Timing is quite tight for me.

Think I will give ang pow to my jie mei, MUA, PG & VG after the wedding.

jhoo

oh dear, how high is her fever? is the GP doc at fault for not advising sending your niece to hospital? my nephew also went a few GP doc and the last one said if his fever still persist, then bring him back, but my BIL did not. He brought him st to NUH. So she has chance of recovery?

hazuki

hi all, i have a $120 after tax return ticket to BKK on 17jan-21jan... travel on TG Air. *Original Price* Anyone interested? selling half price *$60* cause i'll be 7.5mths preggy. cannot travel...
Otherwise i'll go...

destiny1980

Hi Hi to all Nov Brides-to-be ;) Seems that there's quite a nos. of 17th Nov brides here. I'm oso 1 of you gals. Cheers !

Any1 of you getting any emcee for your banquet ??

Any good recommendation?

destiny1980

Hi piggypig, tink u need to ask ur MUA to come slightly earlier...wat time is ur cocktail reception ?

If MUA is to come late, it may be quite rush for u & ur hubby coz he need to get his MU done 1st then he will need to go and entertain the guests that are slowly cmg in.