(2007) Brides of year 2007

meie

piglet
Maybe when you're on your ML, during the 3rd month, we can have a get together at your place. That would be nice.
happy.gif

von
Think when we go back to work, our kids miss us. I also have a problem lor.

I usually leave my boy at my mum's at 10am, leave for my office & come back again at around 2pm (my office is just a 10 min drive away), the rest of the day I work from my mum's place. It has been manageable so far but starting from last week, my boy has been refusing to drink when my mum feeds him & he'll cry non-stop until I reach home. I usually latch him on before I leave for my office, then he'll play with my mum & then take his nap. When he wakes, my mum will feed him, but he'll only take 20 to 30ml then start to wail. He'll scream & cry until I reach home. This has been going on everyday & it makes both myself & my mum very stressed. I feel so bad towards my mum, it must be very stressful for her. My son is too attached to me. I don't know what I can do about it. In the meantime, I have decided to set up a home office at my mum's place & work exclusively from there. Sigh...

meie

von
I know what you mean, but my mum cannot take his screaming & crying & I also feel bad about it. I also don't want her to feel resentful if I just dump him with her & let her deal with it when it's my kid.

Yes, the babies are very smart!!

kayemoss

Mei, our babies are smart one... So hor, in order to give ourselves a bit of space and letting them get used to it... Gotta be evil and tahan their cries.... I know its stressful but no choice...

Claire also gave me such problem, simply just cry and cry for no reason... Ended up i just dump her there to cry (monitoring her lah) while using loud music to block her cries... After a while, she realised her cries no use... Will stop crying... Need to do this for a few days before they know their cries dun work on Mummies!!

meie

kaye
I can tahan his cries. Sometimes he also just cry for nothing (I have checked that all his needs are met, milk, diaper, sleep, boredom) I also just leave him to cry. I was 'conditioned' to tahan when I need to fetch him from Bukit Timah to Bedok in his car seat & he'll wail non-stop throughout the journey. It's actually my mum who cannot tahan, she'll call me to come back when he cries like that.

kayemoss

Mei, i see... Same here lor, its my Mum who cant tahan her cries also... Then will call me to complain or ask what's wrong with her!

qiqi09

Hi ladies, went for gynea visit on Fri and his comment to me is to eat more.. but i feel so heavy already.. he say bb is growing well but on the small side.. :p

Mei & Claire, i think all grandmothers are the same.. my mother also cant take it if my nephew cry...

qiqi09

Von, i also think all grandma will spoil our kids.. my nephew cry abit my mother will carry also.. hee..

me small build maybe he take after me.. mine is a little boy..
happy.gif

ivied

hi hi!
Not sure if u gals still rem me. I used to patron this forum then.
happy.gif

wow.. so many new mummies now. Congrats to all!
Reading thru ur posts make me realise that our cases are similar. Its amusing at times, but also a joy to share our stories. hee..

BTW, I'm a mummy too now. My boy is 6 mths old. Weaning him now, but very jia lat. Slowly trying..

kayemoss

ivied, u weaning your boy off breastmilk?

Buey tahan Claire now.... Eversince, she learns how to walk unassisted liao... She will give me a super buey song face (very black) when we strapped her down to the stroller... Once, we let her walked.... Wow, her face so happy!

ivied

yeap, time flies. Now most of us are mummies and its a great joy hor..
happy.gif

kaye, von, nope, I'm not weaning my boy off breastmilk yet. He is 6 mths already, I'm starting to wean him to solid. Now giving him semi-solid, (cereal, brown rice or biscuits mixed with BM) and the 1st and last feed will be latched on. To be frank, after breastfeeding for this long, I cant bear to wean him off BM totally. I like it whenever he 'comes near me' for food. haha..

von, due to work and home stress, the supply will drop further when u get back to work. Impt is to drink more water, add nutritious drinks in between, and rest, rest, rest. U can stimulate the supply by latching on or pump it out frequently. Jia you!

kayemoss

Ivied, heheh... I know what u mean... In fact, i also cried when i stop BF Claire at 1.5mths...

Dunno y i think the bond is there no matter how short/long the BF period is.... Claire hor, no matter what still wants me despites me scolding or whacking her at times.... Hehe, makes me feel impt!

ivied

thats true.. mummy is still the dearest.
happy.gif

Just a ques to all, who is taking care of ur child now? I'm contemplating between infant care centre and a nanny.
Currently, my mum is helping me. But I will be shifting further away next mth, so distance and timing wise are not manageable.

kayemoss

Ivied, me tried infant care before. Hehehe, would say that at infant care, its good coz your son will get to interact with others and they have alot of toys! Bad is tend to fall sick easily lor...

Nanny wise, also depends on your luck. Claire is taken care by my Mum and a nanny (Mum's neighbour)... Usually, she will go over to the nanny's pl ard 4pm and i will pick her up at 7pm. So far, my neighbour is ok coz Claire likes her and she enjoys playing with my neighbour's sons (all in their teens)!

Only thing u might not like it is if the nanny loves to watch a lot of TV... hehe, the kid will follow... For me, i have no issues on excessive TV or no TV. Or if the nanny has any particular habits that might affect your little one.

All in one, i must say its heng suay lor.... Another thing, remember to build up your little ones immunity... Claire is down with flu again!

smilez

Halo ladies, i hardly come in here cos i can't have internet access in office - change job to ministry so everything hush-hush.
missed my forum n msn SO much :p

how's every1?

Jav is already 1yr old!!
Plus he just help me save some diaper money by winning in the huggies pull-up pants contest. ha!!
http://www.huggies.com.sg/TheHuggiesClubs/WinnerPullUpsPantsPhotoContest.aspx

Another few more wks will be our 2nd wedding anniversary already. Time flies!!

Yup, infant care & nanny. Personally I prefer our own relatives esp grandparents to look after. No matter wat they do, its for the good of their grandchild
happy.gif

qiqi09

Hi ladies,

smilez, i also prefer relatives to take care.. wah.. jav so good boy.. hee.. help u save $...

my maid will be here this weekend.. hopefully she can be a good help to my mum..

I am in my 35 weeks and I am sad to say that my bb is not growing very well in my tummy.. doc say his growth is not very well.. although i put on 2kg, he only manage to put on 0.2kg.. doc is now asking me to go back to clinic to do CTG every 3-4 days.. so now we are monitoring his heartbeat.. and my urine test show my protein level is abit high.. not sure if it is becoz of my water retention or some problems with me... doc say will monitor also.. sigh.. i hope i can pull thru at least till week 37...

kayemoss

Piglet, dun give urself undue stress hor.. Tell ur little one to cooperate with you....

Von, yalor.... Now she s on medication... Walked like a drunkard!

Smilez, Javier is so cute... The elmo must have been toppled by him!

smilez

Ya, now is the flu season. When kids get sick, very physically draining. Jav also got flu 2 wks back.. cough, fever, phelgm, lost his voice. so heart-pain.
Kaye, claire feeling better now?
haha, drunkard so cute!! I wan to see drunkard video. hee~
Ya, Jav had been smacking the elmo.. *ouch*

Piglet, try not to be too stressed. U r in ur wk35 so its not so bad
happy.gif
u can feed ur baby when he is out to be chubby chubby.

qiqi09

happy news to share.. my baby gain quite alot this week.. now he is 2.2 kg doc is happy with his growth now..
happy.gif
i am also more relief... probably beginning of the month, i am stress with my month end closing thus baby didnt grow much... gynea still wans to closly monitor his heartbeat..so i still hv to do CTG every 3-4 days..

oh anyway just to share with u gals.. this is the link to my son blog..

http://babygoh9.blogspot.com/

kayemoss

Happy New Year!!!

Von, vpost very slow leh... I go take a look and see if got anything that i can buy! HAHAHA! Spend $$ again!

qiqi09

Happy new yr ladies!!

now me started my ML to rest and let bb grow.. and he did grow better.. so happy now is waiting for him to pop anytime..
happy.gif

Von, will go see the spree and let u know..

meie

piglet has given birth! Congrats to her! Let's wait for her to update us when she's back.
happy.gif

& Happy 2nd year Anniversary to all of us!

bel_vodka

pauline

hi!!! GOng Xi Fa Cai to u..
so fast man ur bb gg 3 mths. muz be enjoyin ur bundle of joy hor?

as for me.. i nw in my last trimester. bb boy, at 33wks now.

jaspire

hi ladies!

So nice to see this thread moving again! Adele, like you... my gal is coming to 10mths in 2days time! So fast time flies!

You can see my gal's update in multiply too!
happy.gif

french_vanilla

i m finally pregnant,now currently in my 14 weeks,time flies so fast strawberries and jaspire already 10 mths ,i still have a long way to go.but the waiting for a new life arriving is worth it

jaspire

Adele, hope to try for no 2 when Kayla is 1yr old. But hor, no menses as yet. So chances of conceiving is low. Gynae say i have to wean Kayla off if i want to try no 2 but looking at my gal. Think its gonna be very difficult to wean her. So now no 2 will depends largely on God's will.
happy.gif

danadele

<font color="0077aa">hehee..pineapple, so exciting :D i oso have 2 buddies who edd are oso in aug. .:D

jaspire, hmm i heard tat erm.. thought still BF ahz.. oso got high chances in concieving?? hmm.. i oso thinking of weaning off Gideon too.. he every nite muz latch before he could for asleep.. haiz. . hubby &amp; i keen fer no 2 too haha..</font>

lovie_dovie

Hi Fellow April brides,

Im getting married on 10th April 2009 and it seems that i have missed out quite alot as this is the 1st time im following this thread!
happy.gif
Any fellow brides marrying on 10th April as well? For me, now my preparation is almost done except for guest lists. Also, i need to buy shoes and bed sheets!! Hope to hear from u soon ;)

maochong

hi pineapple, congrats! You must be very happy and excited now. Hope you have a smooth pregnancy.

I just delivered my girl, Jane, on 19 Feb. She is 9 days earlier than edd. My labour was about 16 hours but didn't feel that long at that time. It was a good experience to go through this pregnancy. I had natural delivery without epidural. Maybe my girl is small, 2.55kg, so the labour pain is not as bad as I have imagined. But Dr Lawrence Ang is very good, he anticipated everything so well - make me feel prepared for the forthcoming. I am already thinking of no. 2 ;P

Think confinement is the more "difficult" part, cos every elderly got their own version of do's and don'ts...hope I don't get post-natal blue due to that...

Emily, how are you? Hope you are ready to be mummy soon. Wish you a fast delivery.

danadele

<font color="0077aa">maochong, congrats on the arrival of ur baby princess.. ehhee perhaps can share ya pics over at multiply. . hehe</font>

french_vanilla

thank maochong, so fast thinking of num two ar hahaa?wah u gals really very courage leh.........ya i really very happy now,cos for mi really wait a long time for this bb,but i dun noe weather i can cope mah after bb arrive ,hehehe,and my morning sickness is quite serious loh ,but now beta le,so dunnoe dare to think abt num two so fast like u or not.
bt once congrate on the arrival of ur baby princess and glad tat u have a smooth delivery,hope i will be like u.

maochong

Thank you strawberries and pineapple
happy.gif

Actually I also dun dare to think of no. 2 so fast at first. When I am pregnant, I am worried even if I can survive to see my baby...maybe I belong to the high risk group for age, that I have this fear. But the feeling for being able to make it, with the supportive team of nurses and doctors, and of course my husband, it really make you feel like having no. 2 lor ;P

pipeapple, jia you o! you will feel better towards the second half of 2nd trimester, then you can enjoy a lot of food. Do your shopping latest by the first month of 3rd trimester, else you will feel too tired and heavy to walk for long. Most importantly, must feel happy, don't fall into pre-natal blue o.

If you start having leg cramps, wear socks (the normal type that covers the feet). It will help a lot.

french_vanilla

maochong
u sound as if u are very old leh ,i m not young also ,that y that time i also hope i can concieve after my ad ,any way is beta late then nver

thank for u advice,so u gt mulitlply mah or others so we can addd each other.

maochong

pineapple, I will be 37 this year ;P
I have nothing on multiply yet, though I have an account since joining this group...will setup something soon ;)

clueless_mei

hi mummies... Hope all mummies and babies are doing well..

Congrats pineapple... =) Think positive, I am sure everything will be ok...

Congrats machong.. do share Jane's pixs on multiply... =)