(2004) Brides of year 2004

jann

Morning!
happy.gif

ever, wah, the IT guys in ur co so busy to set up ur PC!?!!
Hey, u changing urs to 3 Jul!! haha.. so 3 of u gals on the same day!! Hey, do u know how to see if 10 Jul a good date, can help me see?? hehehe..

Btw, silver/Yvonne, heard that some flats at buangkok area is open for selection.. Got a friend's friend parents bot a house there, they got application form from HDB and after they submit, they're able to get keys in 3 months' time.. I dunno whether there's a dateline for this or not... This area is opp Hougang, not very accessible so i think that's why got flats available. Maybe u gals wanna call HDB to check out?

mango78

Jasmin,
True, Divine is famous for their low-back gowns. Personally from my own opinions of Kim, she is really approachable and professional when she talks to me. I only met her once during my appt with her. I did not meet up with the other 2 designers. But so far, in the divine thread, the 3 of them are fantastic. I have the package with me, if you want, juz give me your email address and I will forward it to you.

Tweetie,
You are most welcome.

dkny,
I bought the 3 bridal magazines. The style magazine is really thick. : )

Kite,
GCW has a total of 4 ballrooms. The grand ballroom located at level 4 which require a min of 35 tables. The waterfront and riverfront ballrooms located at level 2. Min requirement of tables of 20 for waterfront and max of 28. Min requirement of 15 tables and max of 22 for riverfront. Galleria ballroom requires a min of 10 tables and max of 16. If you are looking for class, grand ballroom is the one. High ceiling but price was quite expensive. Riverfront and waterfront ballrooms have low ceiling if you don't mind. Price was quite comfortable. Riverfront is pillarless while waterfront has 2 pillars. As for galleria ballroom, i have no idea how it look like. Hope this does help you. You should went down to take a look at it.

rabbitwsk

Good morning ladies

Welcome Anne! We will help u as much as we could
happy.gif

I finally confirm my date as 24 Oct (sun) and book my wedding banquet at OCC. Told my parents and they are ok and equally excited. Yeah! Bridal package to settle next.

Fenc, though u mention its a rat day but according to my master, is ok. It is picked based on our year of birth.

Cheers.

anne

Hi Yvonne..

Thanks for your concern. I already have my bridal package way before while having my ROM.
For banquet venue, not much worried here. I'll have my customary wedding and banquet reception in MY. Both myself and hubby are fr MY
happy.gif

My FIL and mom will help us on this coz we r far from home..hehe

kite~

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks. I think i need to go down 1 of these days to take alook at all the ballrooms. btw the staff GCW staff who serve you, is she friendly? mine one like bo chap, ask her whether hv GCW promotion, she didnt even tell me.
sad.gif

Me too bought 3 wedding magazines this mth.
happy.gif
Female brides, Her World Brides n Style Wedding. This mth Her world bride issue very thin while style wedding very thick.
happy.gif

btw can u also forward me the Divine package n prices to my email address [email protected]
thanks in advance.
happy.gif

so most likely which bridal studio wil you select? divine or others? u luv low backs too?
happy.gif

where is divine outlets n its location? their gowns nice? thx

fencnef

yo pple..

happy mooncake festival to everyone in advance..
happy.gif
anyone going to chinese garden?? i'm going tonite hopefully it will not be raining and dampen our spirits..hee...
happy.gif

rabbitwsk..
other dan our year of births, our parents' horo played a part in the selection of the dates as well..
happy.gif

yvonne..
shirleen frm HOE advised us to find suitable shoes for all the costumes, WG, EG and kwa to save the inconvience..waaah...quite difficult leh..hehe..
happy.gif

peko..
no worries la!
happy.gif
probably you wanna consider make-to-measure gowns package..i took a MTM package, which is gowns are tailor made to ur preference..

anne..
nice to see ya around! will you be holding any banquet in singapore for ur friends here other frm ur hometown?
happy.gif

fantasy

Hi cubby,

I know exactly which one u are referring to. Me like that one too and is contemplating if I want Fred to do something similar for me. To be detachable so that can look like I have two gowns... keke... not too sure if it's possible. Got to look at the material that he's using.
That's one thing that I observe about him as well. When he's doing something, he takes it seriously and give full concentration. Good and bad and I hope that I will be getting such focus from him when my turn comes.
I definitely wont not prefer a designer who is always busy pushing for more sales for own benefits.

fantasy

Oh ya by the way this new issue of style magazine's already out. U gals may want to grab a copy as well. Only have time to flip through. Not bad, quite a lot of gowns featured.

babestaurus

Hi Ladies... im back!!!

Hmm... hw shd i begin? Why not u gals ask me qns... haa haa!

Me very tired cos can't sleep on the eve of my ROM! U noe la very stressed and excited... hee hee! My MU artist was at my place 7.30am... she did the make up 1st then hairdo. I dun quite like her make-up cos very unnatural and thick, hair let down cos i told u gals i wanna cover my mickey's ears... (will show u gals my pixs aft download, give me some time...)

Is so crowded at ROM, my guests were late cos no parking lots! Heard 100 over couples married y'day... can u imagine! Hilarion is so funny cos he took the shots so fast, all my frenz were making fun of him!!!

jann

hello Yvonne!!

Welcome back!! heheh.. Congrats once again on being a MRS liao!! hehe..
Only me here today leh.. Yan on course, Jul still busy, ever cant log in, silver is either resting at home or out for appt....

Wow, 100 over couples!!! When i had my ROM also very crowded, my friends were also late... That's why regretted holding it there somehow...

Hmm.. at least now u know how's the MU like. Maybe u can highlight to ur BS, or if not next time u tell ur MU artist to do wat u want, tell them wat colours u like etc etc..

So was ur photographer good? How many pics are taken?

And how's ur lunch recep? Food good? hehe..

Dun ask u too many qns at one go first lah, wait u blur! hehhe..

babestaurus

Hi Jan,
HG skills is quite prof cos he took the shots veri fast lik 5 secs... so at least we dun need to smile so long... hahaha! Food at MC was so-so cos is lunch n the food is not as sumptuous as the dinner.

Hi Silver & Yan,
Heard u gals are sick... do take care!!!

Btw Yan, i went Nail Couture n they actually make my 2 fingers bleed... so painful!!! French coating has got few layers so very thick n hard to dry. Me very CHOW LOR kena ruined n hv to redo the 2 fingers... hee hee!

Hi Ever,
How is new job? Colleagues n environment ok? So yr bro's gf seriously wanna take PP?

jann

Yvonne,
Most importantly is that u enjoyed ur day!
happy.gif

Where's nail couture? They cause ur finger to bleed?!?! Ouch!!! How come they so chow loh!!! How much did u pay? Mani and Pedi rite?

rabbitwsk

Hi Fenc,

thanks for the advise. Our understanding is that there will be a postive boost for the person if it is her day. I have got a friend, the wedding date stated in the tong shu is not a good day for wedding but based on the horo and stuff, it is best for her. Well, I think there should be diff saying and different meaning to diff thing. We keep our faith with him.

Oh! Talk to my parents last nite and they all very excited. Only got to sleep at 2a.m..talk a lot hoh! Cfm for me, the taboo month range is one month bef and after.

Cheers
happy.gif

mango78

kite,

Karen, the sale manager serves me. She is friendly.
Have forwarded the package to you already.
Most probably will choose Divine. Divine does not have the other outlet. Only one located at mandarin shopping arcade. Of course their gowns are nice and beautiful.

Jasmin,
Have email to you already.

kokopooh

Hi Sally,
Wow!!! congrat, we finally got our dates liao...hehehe Our date is also cfm on 28sep04...we r just bout 1 month apart. How, hve U sign up with the bridal house & which 1 huh?

Cheers
happy.gif

rabbitwsk

Hi Kokopooh!
Wow u find me here huh
happy.gif
Tot of telling Sam tonite about our date. Hee... I know ur date la cos he told me last week
happy.gif
Congrads to u too! Bridal hse, not yet cos need anthony to go down w me. Our dinner at OCC, but we cant attend one another's. Maybe next week. Most probably Dang Bridal. U did not go this shop, right?

U going majo function?

Cheers
happy.gif

babestaurus

Hi Jan,
Yes I did enjyed my day... was very tiring aft tht! Hahaha...

Nail Couture is at Mandarin Singapore. I'm doing french mani&pedi for $45/= ONLY (promo price)...

jann

Wah Yvonne, that's quite cheap!
But is it a norm for manicurists to cause fingers to bleed? wah, can imagine, painful leh!

So now, u both will wait for the WIS at punggol/SK area is it? Think u can call HDB to check if they have flats available at this moment...

oscarsem

hai Yvonne
did you jus walk in to Divine to check up the package or make a appointment?
Did you manage to try the gowns?
can I have details of the package : [email protected].
I went in to GCW and had a bad experience..
Haven;t got time to try others bridal shop..
should be doing so only after my exams next month. will I be too late to prepare if I plan my wedding next year end , girls?

fencnef

hallo pple..

had a great lunch? i went to ikea's BK for lunch... v.hot i tink i'm more tanned nw oso after the Big Walk last sun..
happy.gif

rabbitwsk..
oh really? ic..happy to have the positive boost as it is my day..
happy.gif

yvonne..
u take care ya?? the weather is quite lousy lah lately..
happy.gif

kokopooh..
r u getting married on mooncake festival..??
happy.gif
so sweet...

babestaurus

Hi Jan,
We intend to try our luck on the recent BTO! Will be taking sengkang cos only SK got the existing units n the keys available.

I guess is quite norm to cause bleeding but is seriously painful even now my fingers stl hurts...ouch!!!

So i heard STYLE is so-so ya? Hmm... shd i buy anot?

Ever, wld be changing her wedding date to 3 July also... which means 3 of us on the same day... haahaa! Guess must be quite good on that day ya... heehee!

Oh, i was at Imperium last saturday for my frenz's wedding. The food is seriously quite nice but ambience so-so cos the place looks too complicated. I dun thk is worth the price lor...

jann

Yvonne, u mean there's actually existing flats for the current BTO and keys are available? Tot all is BTO and must wait like 4years before they complete construction?

Ya, style mag is so-so leh... mostly WG pics, EG not much...
So when will u start gown designs?

Ya, think 3 Jul is not bad, but coz last time i check thru net, i think it clashes with one of our animal sign, so didnt take loh...

Yeah, Imperium is not cheap, it's like hotel prices, i also think not so worth it... Might as well take hotel package altho food may not be as nice, but ambience much better loh i think..

Oh, next week, i'll be attending one wedding at Jul's hotel and another one at fullerton!! wow.. siong on my wallet!! hahhaaaa!!

rabbitwsk

Fenc,
Wow, eating happening food
happy.gif
Tonite I am going to HOE to book my Kua. Is urs the heavily embrio kua?

Kokopooh,
Really... urs mid autumn fes?

Cheers.

mango78

Hi fencnef,

Thanks! Will take care. Will go and see doctor after work. seem to be getting worse now.
Me love BK too! Having the voucher promotion. : )

mango78

oscar,
I made an appt with Divine. Is better to make appt with them cos they are quite busy. Did try their gowns. They will allow to try their off rack gowns. Will email you the package.
Should be alright. But i think you must book your banquet venue first as ppl now book their banquet venue quite early.

fencnef

yah loh..actuali wanna eat the food place at ikea upstairs..but too crowded la!! didnt get the BK coupons..regret..
sad.gif

rabbitwsk..
the kwa is the embross wan..are u referring this as being heavily embrio kwa?
happy.gif

fairy

Hi all,

I am a Dec 2004 bride to be too.
happy.gif
Can I join in?

I have not confirm on my actual wedding date yet but seems like there are a lot of people getting married in dec 2004.

Can I Check with you all gals what are the banquet rates for Raffles the Plaza and GCW as these are two of the hotels that we had shortlisted too. Will there any promotion for these two places during the bridal show.

Currently, I am sourcing for bridal studio too had visited some of them.

Thanks for all your update.
happy.gif

garf

hi everyone..

hey yvonne..
nice to noe dat u had a great rom! wow...so many couples married on ur day? its a very gd day huh?
wat exactly did the manicurists do to make ur fingers bleed??
sounds jia lat leh..
sad.gif

rabbitwsk

Hi Fenc,

I am refering to the suit w taped waist which is about S$500.
I am going for the basic one... The other one though I like but a little off my bgt.

BK... long time no eat already...
Cheers.

babestaurus

Hi Jan,
Yup... SK has got exisiting units, some under construction and some not built yet one. So if we kena SK, we will definitely take the existing one cos cannot wait...!

Wow! Both hotels very POSH one, thk yr pocket will hv a BIG HOLE...hee hee!

I thk 3 Jul crashes with cow on tht day... do u hv any1 born in year of cow?

fencnef

hey rabbitwsk..

the one i've booked from HOE is the 3D "pop up" dragon&phoneix red coloured kwa..haha..sorrie i'm not very good in describing..
i guess the $500 is the silver coloured one izzit?
happy.gif

jann

Ya loh Yvonne, i'll be mentally prepared to burn a big hole in my pocket liao!! hahahhaaa!! Then i got some more next month! wah siong!!!

Oh great, if u can get existing one will be good news!! Good Luck!! hehe.. Otherwise, who will wanna wait 4 years rite, so longggg!!

Yeah, we have cow, that's why cant choose that date loh...

babestaurus

Hi garf,
Not sure izit good day anot but is 09-09-2003, a date which is easy for us to remember...haha!

Yeah lor! The manicurist used a tool to scrub off the skin around the nails then a scissors to pluck out the stubborn skin. Probably thts when my nails gets hurt......!!!

fencnef

i tink there're 2 types, the non 3D and the 3D...so i got the 3D wan..
happy.gif

which one are u planning to have?? i tink try as many as you can lah..eventually i got his feedback said dat the 3D one look nice on me loh..

jann

Wah Yvonne, sounds very painful leh!! ouch ouch!! I think i'll have to go thru this one day! coz i have dry skin around also... urghhhhh... gosh, i tot manicure is just merely painting the nails.. how innocent i am!!! hahhahaha!

garf

hey yvonne..

ic...dats strange...i had dat type of removal service at hollywood secrets but i didn't have any bleeding...its a very relaxing session and my nails didn't hurt...
probably ur skin is very dry izzit? hmm...

this is oso the first time dat i hear one gets bleeding from doing manicure leh.... .is dat the right way??

garf

oh yes on a 2nd thought, did ur manicurist inform u in advance dat your nails will bleed when she did dat??
probably need expertise advise from gals here whether izzit a norm for nails to bleed after doing manicure..if not sue ur manicurist leh!!! hehe..

silver

Hihi...

Yvonne,
Welcome back! Congrats been promoted to MRS ya :p

Err.. this is the first time I hear manicure till bleed that. Sound scary.

So did you visit the show flat? Went last sat, so many ppl went for viewing so looks like really heng suay liao...

Jan,
Ya only SK has ready key. Punggol one will be ready oni 2006.

Dunno issit my bf been influenced by me now he like more kan cheong abt getting the flat then me hehe

jann

Hey silver!

How are u feeling today? Better i hope...
happy.gif

Ya loh, the manicure sounds really scary.. now i got phobia leh! hahaha..

So good luck to u for the house too ya! hehe.. when will the result be out? It's 4 rooms one rite?

kokopooh

KON NI CHI WA!!

Sally, no i'm not going, got to take care of the children... how bout u going open meeting tonite?

yes my wedding fall on the mooncake festival..(chinese - 8 Rue 15) but it's a tuesday...ya lor we can't atten each other wedding..
sad.gif

cubby

hi pinko!

welcome here!
happy.gif

so which date in june? me 6 june.

care to intro? like banquet, bridal etc?

hi fantasy,
heehee u also like tat design huh?? really nice design and different fm others...unique
happy.gif

yup...maybe u could ask him to suggest designs similar to tat! think will be really nice..prob as a EG??

yah he really very focus in sewing tat gown tt day! its a plus point that puts efforts hor!
happy.gif

fencnef

konnichiwa kokopooh san,

hajimemashite..douzou yoroshiku!!
happy.gif

haha...juz playing wif jap greetings..very bored at office 2dae..
anyway where will your banquet be?

silver

Hi Jan,
I am feeling better. Thanks! The result will only be out end Oct - dun understand why take so long
sad.gif
Ya 4 rooms.

Hi Garf,
Wat a idea to sue them hehe