(2004) Brides of year 2004

clueless2705

morning gals...

ever, of cos miz u la... how's your first day of R&R??

silver & ever, me and bf may not be taking part in this round of WIS or BE or BTO whatever... (now confused with the terms, cos WIS is done in BE format).. we are not interested in sengkang & punggol.. may consider sembawang, but see how la

rabbitwsk

Good morning ladies

*Trixie* wave... r u at ur pl tonite?

*Shanice, for S$60-70, there should be a lot of choice. U can go for hotel, club houze or resturant. U mention tight bgt. My advise is go for max S$65/pax to minimise chance of making loses. We dun know how economy will affect pp pocket next year... thus play safe la.

Cheers
happy.gif

babestaurus

Good Day...

Hi Ever,
Fei hua... i missed you during our "Teabreak chat"...
wink.gif
So you also heard abt the BTO rite? Hmm... most probably me & Silver will take part... hehehe! Not sure abt Yan thou?

Ok, will keep you inform aft i met YK on sun! Btw, lik berryhappy's photographs too...

Hi Silver,
Tough decision ya... but now bank not doing well either! Skali *touch wood*... you go there not long enuf or due to poor sales or economy kena retrench, how??? Anyway, now yr job don't face yr boss daily rite? Jus hack care him la, must thk long term cos we need money n stable career now. Switching job might add stress to you cos ur new in the trade. Also, we've got so many things not settle yet... prob can consider switching when you wanna settle down or planning to hv a family!

Hi Jan,
Yk & Berryhappy both uses film & digi but nowaday alot of ppl go for digi cos you can tak unlimited shots, choose either b/w or color and do special effect or add wordings onto the photographs...etc! So, is much flexible and interesting but is really up to individual preference. I shd said berryhappy's pix very bright n cheerful...... n she is not bad thou she is a freelance photographer!

clueless2705

silver, what will be the job nature of the bank position??

do they offer u higher pay than present?? what are the career advancement opportunities??

babestaurus

Hi Yan,
Sembawang? U mean u willing to wait till 2005/2006 for the flat to be completed? Heard only SK has the exisiting or key avail units whereas punggol n sembawang is the new BTO scheme.

jann

hello!

Yvonne, how much is Berryhappy and YK charging for digi? At least $1k rite? Yea, agree digi is better...

Yan, if sembawang seldom have WIS rite? Dun really hear much of it... but u're looking at resale as well too?

keann

Hey everyone,
Been a quiet thread! How's everyone? Buzy?? It's spring in Melbourne! and it's beautiful and fresh! Hope everyone is having fun out there!

clueless2705

oh, i din know sembawang is really those BTO... then mostly will not consider it as well...

me looking more towards resale at amk then..
anyone here knows more about how the agent scheme works??

if i do not wanna engage an agent to source the flat for me, and the seller actually has a agent.. do i have to pay that agent commission?? i know nuts abt this man,... so need to find out more

onee

Good morning Gals,

Cubby : U've got mail !

Fantasy : Now still plenty of time so no worries for suits. When the time comes, let's share share infor lah :> Wah, got a good bargain for your love nest huh. On reading all the talks about you gals settting your nest, how I wish I'll have ours too :p

All : Gals, the Female Bride is out ! I've gotten my last evening. Haven't go into details but on casual flipping, it looks interested :> Get yours soon lah.
Shirley Chan : Waoh, must be a relieve to have the major decisions made. So how's ROM prep coming along? Gotta the necessary for 27 Sep? Hehe, looks like most gals in this thread are more or less settled with their major decisions. We'll probably move on to discuss about the details iin the coming months :>

garf

hey yan..

i heard sembawang EAs cost less dan 300k..mayb u would like to try..for resale wise, u haf to pay 1% of the flat's price to the agent..u can do it urself without getting an agent, however quite risky lah if the docs cork up and hdb may reject ur application..dan haf to queue again...arrgh..! for my flat, it takes me 2 long months for my 1st appt. i guess for new flats is faster..

hey ever..
u wearing kwa and EG for your dinner har? the thing is i oni have 20 tables..scared i change change my costumes har the guests run away liao..u noe pple will run away even b4 the dessert..haha..

hey jan..
my AD fotographer is imagegarden... if u like the willowy and naturalistic effect, u may like to go for him.. his b&w is beautiful..

hey silver..
mi tinking to change job too...haaizz.. v.sian liao, so will be posting more entries here to complain! haha..

hey jan and yvonne..
hope u gals have a great day today..

who else i miss out? oh yes jul..long time neva see you.. hope you getting along well if u see my msg..

jann

hellooo..

Hi garf, think if yan wants sembawang it'll be new flats, if want resale it'll be in AMK if i'm not wrong... Yea, resale at woodlands and sembawang is cheaper..

Oh image garden is more of dreamy effect photos rite, cant remember, but i've seen on mags before...

Sighs, me waiting for style, getting very impatient, everyday will go to the newspaper booth to look see but dun have! Scarly make me angry, i go buy female brides mag!! hahaha!!

garf

hey jan..

style got bridal mag har? oooh..mi nt sure..anyway i bot the her world's mag loh..i tink i better stop buying liao..got a huge stack of mags piling up...borders can browse freely..will go there more often..

yah imagegarden's pics very dreamy...like me..haha..
http://www.imagegardenphotography.com/ take a look!
happy.gif

mango78

Hi dkny,

I do love mango. Use this nick name is becos my hubby love mango too. Yes, have started in the preparation. If you are planning for next year, is good to start doing homework for your wedding early, so you might even get good deals from bridal fair. I have more or less settled my banquet, going to sign the contract soon. Have settled my PS, as for Bridal package, going to take up Divine at their incoming bridal fair at 29th Oct.

So congratulation. Going for your ROM on dec? Have decided your ROM dress and make-up?

jann

Yes, style got brides mag, and last issue was quite good, that's why all of us here waiting for buy the next one!! hehe..
Yea, prob go borders to flip thru mags that i didnt buy!

clueless2705

garf, imagegarden is the one who has two photographers that follow u during the actual day right?? heard its more than $1800 rite??

me waiting for style mag too... lately, after i confirmed my BS, me have not flipped any mag for ling gun yet... getting lazy liao... how, still no idea of what i want...

infact, a bit sick of looking at those gowns liao.. maybe i had an overdose at the bridal shows..

fantasy

Hi Gals,

Exactly, we are all here to share info and hope tat everyone's big day will turn out to be perfect. I've got my copy of Female Brides too. Me too feels tat it's kinda informative and not to forget the many pics of gowns from various boutiques too. Grab yours quickly.

jann

hahaha yan, ya loh, i also quite sick of looking for gown designs! Think take a short break first, anyway still early to confirm design!

garf

huh really? i osos wanna check out the style mag..if i happen to see it, will inform u gals..

hey yan..
yah loh..imagegarden got 2 fotographers..journalistic is done by meng, group fotos will be done by a traditional fotographer..
i'm getting meng's wife, mavis to do makeup for me too..
i got discount of 20% off frm $1800 cos' i got them to do studio/outdoor loh..

babestaurus

Hi Garf,
Nice to see you here today...! Hee hee... So ur with Imagegarden, if yr package inclds studio & outdoor then is quite cheap!

Hi Jan,
Thk Yan very much wanna AMK area! Btw, the SK area is where Jul's new flat is... so who noes we might be neighbour next time... hahaha!

Gals, better dun put too high hope on STYLE next issue incase we all get disappointed ya. I was almost tempted to buy femalebride e other day when i walk pass the news stand. Guess we gals aws cant resist the temptation which related to fashions!

squirt

Hi Trixie

My frenz just had their wedding there..so dont feel like having it again leh...hee..( so picky)

Rabbitwsk...

club house huh..any suggestions..me rather blur..:p

trixie

hi rabbitwsk!
no, me only at my place at w/e, if at all
happy.gif

hi Shanice,
sodesne...then i think pan pac is actually a good choice lor. the current promotion sounds like a really good deal.

you might wanna check out grand plaza parkroyal for comparison too. they're one of few that offer free flow beer

garfield33

Hi keann!

hey, i just watched Legally Blonde 2 last nite... quite nice though... i think her character and how she sees things in life is really gd.

cubby

hi fantasy,
just cant help feeling abit disappointed loh...but i'll wont broad over it cos i know my FH very bz at work...so dun wan to pressure and give him stress too....oh we are not engaging any contractor or designer cos my FH is in the reno line..but for commercial...so he goin to do our hse loh..wah ur fren really took 1 yr ah...like tat feel little bit better hehe!!

hi onee,
hmmm i din received ur mail leh...got bounced back anot? e-mail add correct? thks! [email protected]

ladies,
i also got my copy of female brides! not back and got some nice gown too!
happy.gif

dkny

<font color="0000ff">hi Yvonne</font>
Ha! It seems like both of us have same taste.My Fh also like to eat mango very much. The other things that me also shortlisted divine as my one of the BS. Me also planning to the fair. But i'm still consider flamingo n dive at the moment. Which photographer u intend to take? 2 months ago i went to divine, at first they told me kim will served me but at last i served by jessica. I very like their design especially the bareback.
For the rom dress n makeup, i'm planning to take flamingo but there still in consideration.
May i know which banquet that u sign with?

doremon

Hi Ino,

I don't think so...i just did a virus scan. Nothing found. But recently i got a lot of emails from Yahoo with virus.
happy.gif

jann

hihi!

saw on newspaper liao, BTO for Sengkang, punggol and sembawang... but now very confused... u gals saying there is WIS but using balloting as well?? HDB does BTO and WIS at the same time?

mango78

Hi dkny,

If you are going to Divine bridal fair, maybe we can meet there too? I have placed deposit at Montage Studios for my PS. I intend to take up normal package with Divine. Kim was the one that served me. She gave me a very comfortable feeling and professional too. I'm going to sign up with PP.

mango78

Hi Trixie,

What are the details in contract that you have signed w M hotel that should be carefully take note? Any advices?

garf

hey all..

hope u gals had a great lunch..nw feel very full and sleepy..
happy.gif

2dae's newspapers Life section commented on the bridal price wars along tanjong pagar.. so which bridal shop did ur engage to? maybe can get gd bargains frm the shops along tanjong pagar area if u havent source for one..

i personally like le galleria..

babestaurus

Hi Jan &amp; Yan,
Yes. HDB is launching BTO for new flat at punggol, sengkang n sembawang. However, only sengkang has got completed flats which e key are avail. So, you can opt whether to wait till the new BTO complete in 2005/2006 or you can take e existing one which is at sengkang ONLY!

Hi Garf,
My BS is whitelink signed with them during Her world bridal show. I know Tanjong Pagar has got lots of BS, we went there racky before. So, why u didnt sign up at le galleria?

blue_lake

hi ocean... i'm still the slowest of all. i slim quite a bit due to having intestine flu. i dunno i shd wait for my weight to increase back. if not i'll be really stressed up in order to maintian my weight. but it's so late already.

smurfy... dun worry la... u just have to maintain ur weight. be a happy bride not a stress one. \('0')/

jann

hello!

Yeah, feel very sleepy now after lunch!!

Yvonne, think the BTO is only for 4rm flats...

Yan, i went to recky newspaper booth again, dun have style mag...

forest

ladies,

the SoBig virus works in such a way tt it will take addresses frm an infected comp... pass it off as the sender.. then sends out email to all other addresses in the infected comp mailing list.. spreading the virus... so, it may nt necessarily b ur comp tt's infected...

if u r not careful, and opens the attachment.. then u'll b infected...

jus for yr info....
happy.gif

trixie

hi yvonne,
i think you shd take note of the no. of confirmed tables that's mentioned in the contract. make sure it's what you've agreed with the coordinator, cos this is the min. you're expected to pay regardless of the turnout on the day itself.

also check with her this: if you confirm 25 tables, and only 23 tables were used, the extra 2 tables that you will still be charged for, can you come back another day to dine.

other than this, most of the other things mentioned in the contract for me were already in the package details. so just read carefully about cancelling policy, change of dates, etc. It will be useful if you get them to fax to you the contract first so you can go through first. hope this helps!

ingenue78

doremon,
oic. me also been getting emails fr unknowns...have been deleting them.
better to be careful...me have been trying to update my virus definitions...very ma-fan if kanna virus/worm.
;-)

hi forest,
thks for tat info. ;-)

babestaurus

Hi Jaan,
Your lunch hangover takes so long ya... heehee! Guess you cant wait to grab a copy of STYLE bridal rite? The uncle sure find u weird everyday come in peeping wo buying any mag...hahahaa!

Hi Garf,
Yes, is at shangri la... guess some of us were there too but dun noe each other yet... hehehe!

cubby

hi onee,

thks alot! i received liao! very comprehensive leh!
my bridal search still hanging in the air leh! heeh...so difficult to find a suitable one!
happy.gif

doremon

Hi Ino,
I did the scan using the latest update...no..lei no virus found that means should be like what Forest mentioned.
happy.gif

I have been updating every week...haa...haaa...super kiasu...:p

HI gals,
anyone going to JB to take bridal package?
happy.gif

mango78

Hi Trixie,

Thanks alot. I have the soft copy to go through. Juz want to double check what are the items that are necessary to include in.

oceans

<font color="0000ff">Smurfy</font>, no, think it is okay now. Just try to maintain and dun put on any more weight!!
wink.gif

<font color="ff6000">Pageup</font>, was wondering how they going to add beads on your gown.. \clipart(uhoh} Maybe, me not creative... so..
lame.gif

<font color="0077aa">Bluelake</font>, no lah! Imagine i only going for my first appt with my bridal this Sat!!
31449.gif
Recently, had been sitting and eatting alot, got tummy and flabby arms!! Really worried abt it.

By the way, other than PS and gown, what are we supposed to do huh???
31450.gif
Like ordering of cakes for relatives, what tea set.... Anyone got the countdown schedule....

jann

hello!

Me reovered from lunch hangover but feeling drowsy again! hehehe...

Garf, are u going to start ur gown designs soon? It's still quite early for u rite..

garf

hey jan..

here you are! u muz be having a gd time wif ur hangover, dun wanna disturb u lah...haha..
my gown design in dec..wat abt urs?