(2004) Brides of year 2004

ingenue78

Hi cin,

It's called Viet Lang....i like it becoz they have private function room and most prob, i will be ROMing at their verandah...Most imptly, it suits my budget as well...can afford to spend some $$$ on decor.
;-) Ahhh...Chijmes is a very romantic place...
Where are ROMing ?

smurfy

hi Amethyst,

You may view my photos by clicking the link again. Let me know when you are done
happy.gif

clueless2705

morning... me monday blues too..

congrats silver on settling your BS stuff... i can understand the relief man...

ever, can u use the voucher?? then is your BS going to compensate u as u did not use their dresss for the ROM gown?? any additional fotos?? how did u negotiation go?

me din get the emails too ladies...

ever

hi yan, didnt manage to use the voucher... only managed to get back a $188 gift voucher which we initially used for the artwork album.... so, the price for the artwork album is unchanged and we hav the gift voucher.... think can use to get add'l portrait or something....

no lah, the tea dress is FOC and they already told us before we sign that in the event that we dont want the tea dress or anything that's FOC, we cant exchange that for other stuff....

oops, didnt email to everyone.... jan, can you forward the mail to them? thanks!
happy.gif

jann

Yes ever, already forwarded to u gals.. Jul, i used ur old email add.. didnt save ur new email add..

Yan, did u check on ur dates yet since tong shu is out??

doremon

Hi Ivory,

I planning for Oct 04 but FH say want earlier becos until we do customary otherwise he don't have a bed to sleep on. :p

Hi Cin_p,

No lah...i preparing for my ROM. My customary still don't know when yet. Push back everything becos too rush to do it.
happy.gif

My ROM is on oct 12th.
happy.gif

HI Ino,
Everything done liao except the favors and the card insert plus the decor for the place. Just all these minor stuffs...

babestaurus

Gd Morning Ladies,
Wow... very active on a monday morning! Hee hee...

Last Saturday was very fruitful to us cos we ran a few places! Went hdb, view panpac & suntec ballroom, shopping and BS for my 2nd fitting of my ROM dress...!

Guess what, I went PanPac again yday... cos wanna look/feel the different set up. We were quite pleased with the set up yday so most prob will confirm the venue liao!
happy.gif

Hi Yan,
Saw a girl using chopstick to bun her hair this am in the mrt, pretty neat n nice! Stl cant figure out hw to do it? JIA YOU.......... k!

Hi Ever,
That's fast! So, you actually tailor make yr ROM dress??? Hmm... what color and how it looks like? Izit e one you described to us, the dress in the magazine?

jann

Hi Yvonne, which ballroom will u be taking, are they having offer for $600++nett for the room, think i heard of this offer. And what's their min tables, urs is ard 25 is it?? Hmm... how come last time when i ask them, they said min 30 or 35 (cant remember)... sighs.. kena cheated!! hahah...

babestaurus

Hi Jan,
Yes... most prob will be taking PanPac their ocean ballroom. Max tables for that ballroom is abt 35 if they open up Ballroom 1 to 5!

So i guess tht time you are checking on is the Pacific ballroom which is more grand and of cos more expensive. Heard the min. tables for Pacific ballroom is abt 30-35!

babestaurus

Hi All,
Actually now Suntec Convention ballroom has got promo at $688 nett. The ballroom is very nicely done up and package is very attractive also with 2 x 30litres of beer, 1 nite stay at conrad suite room, free usage of projector, high ceiling, different lighting, upgrade of menu...etc

clueless2705

Hi yvonne, are u still give GWC a last chance first?? U still going for the setup on Sat?? How's your gown coming along?? are they doing some more embridory on your dress??

my friend's BS was supposed to add more beads and crystals on her ROM dressn and at the same time do some alteration after her second fitting.. But they forgot all abt it..on the eve of her ROM, when she went to collect her dress, the poor gal had to wait at the BS for the staff to alter on the spot.. and of cos with no extra beadings and crystals...

if possible, yvonne, try to collect your dress at least two days before yr ROM date.. to be safe..

clueless2705

Hi Jan, thanks for the email..

Ever, dun worry too much... I believe you must have saw the designs and colors before u confirm with the seamstress right?? Your BS do not allow u to use the voucher??

haha, have to be cheapo a bit, since economy not good, must save $$... can use the ROM dress at your BS for your sister or any close friend who is attending your ROM?? use those simple ones, so that will not steal your limelight...

jann

Hmm.. strange, i didnt ask for any particular ballroom at that time, just merely asked them about the min, say if ard 25 can or not, they said cant!?!?!

pageup

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your compliments

Hi Smurfy,

Me very close 60kg leh. Think what you see may be camera trick..hahaha..
I have bit of tummy and bat wing like arms.

Not sure how Rick is going to design the beadworks for me. But I think I trust their work lah.

I only have 1 gown made at TC. Haven't got chance to take pic of my other gowns yet. Will show you all once they are ready.

jann

Oh Yvonne, if for the ocean ballroom, that means a few weddings can take place side by side on the same day?? Will it be too close or is there a partition?

Heard Suntec service wise not very good, think if PP price is also having the promo around same price, might as well get PP...

ever

yvonne, glad that you can confirm yr venue soon... less headache from now on... heehehehee... how's yr ROM dress?? ok already? then can start buying yr accessories and shoes liao.... me didnt do the dress that i told you gals cos the designer say it'll make me look old... i made a sleeveless V neck top with thai silk and a skirt with chiffon... in dusty pink!!! heehehehee... simple design lah, then can re-use next time round... wonder if silver shoes can match the gown?!?!?

yan, maybe will exchange for more OTR suits for my father or future FIL or something loh... dont think my jie mei wanna wear gowns from BS... too kua zhang for them...

babestaurus

Hi Yan,
Thanks for yr advise. But im not worry cos my ROM dress oreadi got some embroidery... hee hee! Btw, they've oreadi shorten e length and only need to make minor adjustment on the strip! Also, will be collecting my bf's suit at the same time cos last minute he decided to rent just in case la... haha!

But abit worried cos my ROM dress actually has got a short tail behind! Quite difficult to walk leh...afraid i might tumble or some1 step on it then JA LAT liao... hehe!

Yeah... will give GCW last chance cos initially GCW is my 1st choice! Hee hee... so im as fickle minded as you gals... hahahaha

jann

hey ever, i think silver shoes with diamonte on it should be fine, some diamonte are quite colourful, not bad too.
happy.gif
If ur dress is simple, then it's ok lah, no need to worry whether it can suit u...

babestaurus

Hi Jan,
We will be taking the whole ocean ballroom 1-5! So is exclusive except ppl might get confused cos Pacific ballroom is at level 1 whereas we are at level 2... hahaha!

Roughly we'll be taking 26-28 tables, we will be meeting e banquet Mgr next mon to confirm, BARGAIN and pay deposit!

Yeah, heard Suntec served food very slow and they are using outside caterer! Hmm... but not sure whether their service or food has improved over the years?

Hi Ever,
Is yr skirt long or knee length? Izit A line or straight cut? So u decided on pink instead of GOLD... hee hee!

smurfy

Hi pageup,

I think your height (u look tall) must have attributed to your weight cos you look perfectly alright

Wish I were taller, so I would look slimmer too...
Really looking forward to see your other gowns
happy.gif

ever

yvonne, no worries cos the invites will state that the ballroom is on the 2nd level... ai, remember to walk slowly esp. during turning... otherwise, a short tail will be fine...
wink.gif

i dont like suntec's food... very horrible!!

the skirt is long and A-line... looks flowy... hahahahha.... cos my mum tailor made a 2-pc in champagne colour and she havent decide if she's wearing that for my ROM... so, i chose another colour in case... really scared that pink wouldnt look nice on me... hahahahhaa... hopefully, it doesnt turn out too sweet!!

jan, thanks! maybe will source around for silver shoes with diamantes.... guess that's the best coloured shoes to match... black would look too stark, rite?

clueless2705

yvonne, how did your meeting with the two ROM phototgraphers go?? decided to go for which one?? Your ROM dress comes with a train?? mermaid cut??

ever, is suntec food tt bad??? think the unique part of having ur dinner at suntec is that they will screen your wedding foto at the big plasma screen facing raffles city....

dun worry too much abt the pink... do u wear pink on normal days?? how does it feels??

silver

Gd afternoon gals...

Ever,
You also had bad experience with suntec? The last time I attended a wedding dinner there n food served were not hot but thats sometimes back lah.

Yan,
Ya now can concentrate on designs of gowns. Still ve not decide what I want hehe

Yvonne,
Wats the price for pan pac?

Ya did you meet up with the photographers?

Jul,
MIA?

squirt

Hi ladies

me new here on the thread? Have u heard abt the pan pac $638 nett offer on wkdays and wkends?

Any comments ?

sagi

hi gals

me making guest appearance again.......hahaha.....
lol.gif

actually wanted to log on last wed n fri also, but cant cos allocated usage for broadband is up.......so must wait for new mth lor........sigh...

read thru 4 archives
crazy.gif

jan, yan,
i also dun know how to bun up hair with a chopstick......really admire those who can....... ehh.....i very blur abt the 2 teeth clip n comb clip etc........if next time we got go out, we go hair accessories shop, u all show me the diff types hor..........kekekee........i hopeless one....
lol.gif

jul, next time must teach me how to bun up the hair.......think my hair quite thick (as in a lot of hair) so sure fall down one......hahaha.....
hmm.....think gotta go cut my hair again....layer n thin it.......

mango78

Hi Shanice,

Welcome you to this thread. Yup, heard of PP ocean balloom promotion package. Have went down to view the ocean room itself yesterday. If you don't mind the low ceiling and there are no special lighting effect, this package is quite worthwhile. Of course, you can't compare this with the pacific ballroom as pacific is much more grand and beautiful. But you got to pay more $ for that.I'm going to take up this offer. Quite alot of the dates are taken up for weekends. So, if you really want, have to act fast. My opinions is when down to have a look at the ocean room first before you make any decision.

jann

hello gals!!

Yvonne, i kinda regret now... sighs... how come when i book dun have such good offer at PP!?!?!!! Too bad, already paid deposit for mine.... I think it wont be a problem abt guests losing their way...

Yup ever, look for diamonte shoes, black wont be that nice loh... white or just plain silver will be a little off too...

jann

Hey Yvonne, could i have ur coord contact no and name, maybe can email me pls?? Me feeling crazy now, just wanna call and ask whether my date is available or not!!! hahahaaaaa...... Me siao already! Although i know i wont be able change!!!

clueless2705

Jan, what happen?? how come wanna change??? hahaa.. when u call d coordinator, can ask for me the max tables that the ballroom can take?? thanks

ever, think silver or white shoes is better cos u can also reuse it for your WG and / or EG...

jul --- MIA??? can i hv your hotel coordinator contact no?? I am sourcing for my gal friend... need to find out more details.. thanks

jamci

Hi pageup and mee mee, thanks for welcoming me...but haiz..my date had changed again back to mar due to my MIL's objection of my new date.

smurfy

Hi jamci,

Try to look at the brighter side.. March is not bad lah.. can eat eat during chinese new year and still got time to slim down :p

I more jia lut, next year chinese new year cannot eat to my heart's content liao cos my actual day is very near only.

Me oso change my date because of MIL and I very sad because my actual date cannot be the same as my ROM date. But no choice loh...

clueless2705

not yet.... just received an email from PP..
i won a consolation prize in their promotion.. $80 voucher... i check with her wat i can do with the voucher, or whether can i transfer it to u...

jann

hey hey...
yan, i also got the voucher, think it's not transferable... u let me know after u check with her whether wat we can do with it... Think she's trying hard to get our biz loh... hehe..

jann

silver, think it's not lucky lah, believe she really want us to sign up with her, that's why she let us "win" the voucher loh... haha..

clueless2705

why she like that??? if the voucher is to try to do our business, then most likely we cant use it for other things... was thinking of either get some accessories or top up to do a tea dress or something...

ivory

hi gals..

me oso Monday blues.. but not working cos still recovering from my wisdom teeth surgery.. haiz...

tmr then start work.. sianzz.... gotta work OT somemore...

forest

wat u mean by not waiting for anyone??
happy.gif

hi doremon

hee.. y no bed to sleep? so cham? then where has he been sleeping? sofa?

my hubby keep changing his mind abt which mth he wans... just like last time, the very first time i came in here... same problem with him again.. give up liao...

silver

So guess it's best you gals let her know u decided not to sign up wif her lor. It's very nature that she will follow up wif you gals.

Jan,
Nv contented one lor hehe