(2004) Brides of year 2004

keann

Poox:
Things down under quite ok...cold cold today!!! having my PS end of sep...so everynite keep thinking abt the PS...hehehee...
So your church wedding and reception is on 8may ya?? I dun have a church wedding..just morning tea ceremony and wedding reception...can't wait u know! hehehee.....still tiking abt wat to wear for evening gown..cos probably going to tailor made one...mayb a low-back one..not sure yet!!

Oki...hope tat everyone is having fun..and a good weekend. Hope to catch Finding Nemo..i know i know...singapore showed it millions months ago..but down under, things come a little slower..hehehe..!

TAKE CARE and hope to hear from all soon!

doremon

Hi cin_p,

How is your progress? Hmmm....seem like here only left forest and me still a 04 brides
happy.gif

mango78

Hi Fencnef,

You are quite safe with that amount per table. Do they provided beer too? Thought of bringing down my budget too cos economy now is so bad, moreover, Cpf cut somemore.

jann

hello!!

hehe.. gals, i know how to use the stick already. saw 1 gal doing it at the shop.. but it's kind of messy with hair sticking out here and there rite...

wah Jul, think u're always so nice to read and reply to our messages and then post many at the same time! hehe..
happy.gif

fencnef

hey trixie..

hmm...dun be too stressed..anyway, we're also prepared to lose money in banquets at the worst circumstance..then we go stringent in other areas loh...probably cheaper honeymoon destination, buying cheaper priced furniture for our hse etc!most imptly you yourself gotta be happy during your wedding..
happy.gif

changing your wedding day to cheaper weekday is a gd idea..you have done what you could, so stay cool and anticipate the day to arrive..
happy.gif

hey yvonne..
yeah, noble hse provide beer..
happy.gif

trixie

hi fencnef,
thanks!
happy.gif
actually felt a tad relieved after we made the decision to switch to a wkday banquet. just hope that we won't lose the max. amt imaginable! haha...

dun dare to think of honeymoon yet. most prob won't go right after the dinner anyway. it's also dec so there aren't many places you can go and it's peak season. so will prob wait a while. need to get some furniture still for the house in the meantime though..

silver

Gd afternoon gals...

Yan,
$310k for a 4room flat? If so really v X!

Jan,
You really cute hor. Think u wont give up unless you managed to get it done ya hahaa

Garf,
Oh I ve the impression that bishan is X too? So you no need at reno at all?

Jul,
Err.. for cheap wine do they provide so much details as in which yr also? Sorry I am not a wine person.

Ever,
Happy handling over ya.

forest

hey doremon,
good to hear tt ur ROM only left minor things!!!
happy.gif

ivory,
me too also hvent set a date lah.... sama sama!!!
lol.gif

finally hor.. got more 'ppl' in here!!!
lol.gif

jul

Jan

Congrats!
lol.gif
Have u tried the chopstick on urself yet?

Aiyah, it's compulsive for me to reply everyone. Unless I didn't check for many days & there're too many msgs to reply. I think if I weren't hgere yesterday, I'll faint! We got archived twice!

jul

Silver

The wine bottle will always state what yr of production, place of origin, & the type of grapes. It's on the label. If no label, better dun buy! Maybe it's a 'parallel import'
lol.gif

ivory

hee... doremon / forest

so when are u guys going to set date? my PILs going away for holiday.. n they say wait until they come back then go n select date
happy.gif
that will be end of Sept
happy.gif

jann

Yup, Jul, me tried the stick, but doesnt work sometimes or i shld say most times, maybe it's the place which i poke down at the last stage is wrong, it's a trial and error thingy, sometimes work and sometimes not...

jul

Jan

Yeah, yeah, me too! Sometimes gotta redo. But I guess it's already quite incredible that 1 stick can hold up the hair. We can't be too fussy lah
happy.gif

jann

Jul, i think prob we tie up hair first with rubber band and then do the stick, guess will be neater and easier....

fairymoss

Hello Shirley! Welcome back to the thread. Where have u been? no internet at office, then at home got not? or u go cybercafe surf? hmm....4:10pm, u already post msg liao, and office no internet, then where are u?? home??!!!

cubby,

Yeah yeah, anything got "mo" would be me, or anything got to do with grass, fern, weed is me.
happy.gif
actually wedding prep very "suo3 shui4", many details to take note, many hidden costs too. so must plan slowly, carefully, and must have a buffer of 10-15% higher than the cost ready, coz no matter how we plan, we always miss out certain small costs which may add up to a substantial sum.

Anyone here doing reno soon? If need be, i hope to offer some tips on where to get cheap electrical goods or where to get good, reliable fittings for the house.

smurfy

Hi pageup,

Ur CS very striking.. Nice! But i wonder how they are going to do the beadings since there are no prints on it. Your front upper part (from chest onwards) is the same cut as mine. Mine got floral prints. where is your the other gown?

Ur fig very nice wat, no need to lose weight lah...

I must rem to bring my digi cam for my second fitting to show you all.

cyn

doremon..
i', also 04 bride arh.. early 04 somemore.. btw, when's ur ROM? glad tat you ve settled most of the stuffs... jus curious.. wat favors are u giving to ur guests?

i thot u arent planning for customary.. how come u said u haven set date yet? *blur =P

ivory/forest
quick set date & start planning... join in the fun... keke

onee

Fairymoss : Yup, must be prudent in spending. Whatever expenditure oso must tiiiink 1st before spending...

Fantasy : Me too. FH side all gao dim. My side... will have to handle nearer the wedding lor. Wah, now you can solely concentrate on your wedding prep, hor : ) That's good : )

Cubby : Ya lor. If you manage to find 1 you like, it's probably time to book your bridal package. I'll send my lists to you on Monday, okie ?

Shirleychan : Hi ... How's your prep coming along ?

All : Staying with PILs hence didn't rackie regarding house. Afraid nothing to share for the time being.

ingenue78

hi cin_p/forest
yr email addy?

Aiyo...i think i may be wearing my CS instead of my EG. Find that my EG not very stunning leh...
Will try to load up into Yahoo...will let u know later...

Finally found my ROM venue at a restaurant in Chijmes!!! so happy!

Hi doremon,
How's your ROM prep at OAKS?

cyn

ino..
pls email to [email protected] thx.

glad tat u found ur rom venue... which restuarant? how's ur preparations? i haven do anything yet leh... feeling stress now... now concentrating on my hse. jus collected keys.. wil go take alook tomolo. reno starting soon.

fairymoss

hello shirley,

Oh...poor thing. U not feeling well ah? now better? There's this shop at Bukit Batok can't remember which avenue or street number. U can call up the shop to find out the address, but we don't go to the shop, we merely call them to deliver goods to our house. On arrival of the goods, we pay money. If u want more details, we would communicate through email, coz think others not interested to find out. I bought my air-con and big electrical items at nearly 20% off the sale price at big departmental store outside.

cubby

hi fantasy,
4588 not bad huh..but i think sure not a lot of pics cos they gave u all MTM liao... no lah, not really kan jiong cos i think its good u plan early so tat no last min sweat also good mah. at least u gotmore time to settle other things. for me i dun wan sign up to early cos scared later change my mind...me abit fickle minded
happy.gif

hi fairymoss,
yah...i agree got little things here and there sure will left out one...but at least we are here to share and remind each other bit by bit
happy.gif

hey me doin reno soon, so wher can get cheap furniture and electricals leh?

hi onee,
sure, send me anytime u convenient! thks!

hi shirley,
take care & get well soon!
happy.gif

fairymoss

Hi Cubby,

It's called Sweetson Electrical. For the contact no. please email me at [email protected]. I got my fridge at $2200 whereas at best denki selling at ard 2800 or 2900. Got my TV, fridge, washing machine, air-con, kettle from the shop. save more than a thousand! cheap furniture? I do not know, I got mine custom-made at Dempsey road. It's reasonably priced, but only if u like teak furniture, otherwise i won't recommend u the place.

ivory

cin_p

aiya... u rush me i cannot go rush my PILs rite... they offer to find the date for us i cannot anyhow rush them ah
happy.gif

silver

Hello!

Like to update you gals that I ve signed up wif PP!

Jan, PP mentioned abt you leh. She said she couldnt get you...

jann

hihi!

silver, congrats to u too!! hehe.. So ur PS with be with B rite, how abt ur actual day? oops, did u tell her anything abt me? Maybe i shld email her... hehe..

meowchan

Hi Oneeu,

My preparation so far so gd. Having my dinner at a restaurant. Alreadie booked the tables, paid the deposit.

For the BS, alreadie selected my gowns, waiting for fitting in Sept. Then end Dec will go for PS.

Housing wise, now waiting for 1st appt in Oct. So i guess so far so gd.

Now looking forward to my ROM on 27/9

silver

Thanks Jan!

Ya ps wif B. PP helps me make tentatively booking wif B on AD.

I nv mentioned anything n lucky dunno what happened we changed to another topic hehe

jann

Hey silver,
that's good for u! Got wat u want, u always like B's work too, so now it's good news! When are u planning to start designing? Did she give u any interesting ideas? hehe.. Hey, since urs is outdoor, perhaps she can come out with good ideas?!! Actually think if ur EG is short type, it'll be really nice too!
happy.gif
At least something different loh
happy.gif

Still thinking whether i shld just email her, or maybe wait for her next sms or email then i reply her lah! haha.. Very bad hor!

silver

Hi Jan,
Looks like oni you and me logon over weekends ya. Ya very happy cos able to engage B esp wif a reasonable pricing hehe

Hmm.. maybe you would like to drop her a note?

Hi Yvonne,
Still thinking abt the venue?

Hi Ever,
How's ur visit to J&M? Found your ideal rom dress?

ever

<font color="0000ff">Morning gals!!</font>

congrats, silver! finally settled the BS stuff..
happy.gif

jan, you finally know how to use the chopstick!! heehehehee....
lol.gif

I went down to J&amp;M on sat and found a few dresses that are not bad... supposed to go down again in oct to choose again and confirm... but, when i went home to think about it, i dont really really like the dresses that i've chosen... i mean, they're nice, but each piece has some "parts" which i dont like... sigh.... tried 2 dresses at Blum... super exp!!!! one beaded gown cost $698!! i nearly fainted.... heehehehehee.... in the end, i tailor made a 2-piece gown!! didnt MTM it at J&amp;M... went to my fren's tailor...

jann

wah wah ever, u decide really fast hor! hehe...

Yes ever, know how to use chopsticks but it cant hold my hair though, think my hair is thick lah... so gave up! I tried it at isetan, the salesgirl taught me, but tough also..

Hey hey gals, i think the tong shu is out, read it from other threads.. did u gals check out??

silver

Gd morning gals!

I also feeling very tired...

Ever, thx! Hey you are fast ya? Where n how much it cost you for ur tailor made dress?

Jan, tot you ve cfm ur date? You gg to check tong shu too?

Gals, any idea how's the ave cost of making a mensuit? I am considering to ask my bf to make a suit outside cost it's cheaper.

jann

Hi silver, no lah, not checking tong shu, just tot let u gals know... and maybe just help me see whether my date good or not loh... heheheee..

I think to MTM a men suit costs ard $400 to $500 too, but i tot pp will do one, or becoz u want to do another one?

ever

Hi gals!!

heehehehee.... fast hor... my bf cant stand my nagging, cos i complained about the gowns not very very nice.... tell you gals more via email..

ya, the tongshu is out... my mum actually bought one!! hahahahhaa.... but, she dont know how to use it loh...
biggrin.gif

thought of getting my bf another MTM suit from outside too, but he say no need.... think its about $400 onwards...

jann

heheheee.. just nice ever, i also sent u email..hehe..
Oh, i tot just see if the date got a lot of red print and a lot of "yi" - in chinese character, then it's good? hahahaa... u mean it's so complicated?!?!!! hahaha...

silver

Hihi...

Hahaha my sis also bought a tong shui!

Oh yes PP comes wif MTM men suit but if we want to keep we ve to pay $300 for it (if want to keep EG dan will be $200 each) n if I dun want the suit will deduct $250 fm package. The price is b4 bargain. I was packing my stuff then realised I ve a $100 voucher fm The Suit Collect at Suntec. The voucher can be used with min purchase of $450 n it comes with shirt, pants, jacket n vest so I thought might as well do outside rite?

Anyone has any comments on The Suit Collection at Suntec?