(2004) Brides of year 2004

clueless2705

hi silver,

so on har... party overnight...
u are right.. have to think carefully for such a career change at this juncture in life...

i m not too sure of the other units... bf only took sembawang.. according to him, for sengkang is only executive left... maybe u wanna check with hdb again on this??!!

jann

hi yan,

i saw the email, ya loh, u thank the wrong person! hehehe
Oh if only left exec then no point liao, but silver, u double check with hdb again to make sure.

gerlynn

hi gals...

Im NEW here...2004 bride too...can I join in??
happy.gif

sneaky

dear fantasy,

i'm currently looking at Ritz...their package not too bad too...in fact, even better in terms of price. yah, i'm only afraid that nearer the date, they change it again due to some other reasons...you are right, they are super stucked up...very "ai mai" attitude...haiz...

if i am able to firm Ritz, then goodbye Shang...but i want back my deposit...

wendy_aw

Heeheehee..Hello ladies!!

Yeap yeap...finally back..for almost 2 weeks already in fact. Feeling rather disconnected from the world lah..no internet access at home yet.
Anyway....yeah...an outing is great!! Can finally be there instead of reading all the postings about you guys meeting.

Forest...
Waaaah..thank you man!! Amos and I feel so special...ppl actually want to meet up with us!! HEheheh...can't wait..keep us posted about the exact date and time.

Bin Bin...
So glad we didn't make the wrong choice. i LUUUURVE COnrad!! Was sooooo glad to see the hotel and the set-up. So COOL!! So like what i mentioned months ago, I'm going to be walking up and down the stairs like an idiot for sure!! My god...the pictures that I saw were nothing like the real thing...the pictures were horrible! Looks like a totally different place. So I'm realy glad.

Ok lah...very long posting liao...
Keep posting ppl!!

ever

Hi gals!!

silver, think my bro's gf finalising the details with her before confirming..... so, yvonne's voucher cannot be used for the 2988 package?? then i better let her know....

quite busy today.... finally started on doing some work and things seems to be piling up very fast!!!!

yvonne, thanks!! will go and see your email....
happy.gif

ingenue78

hi CC2,
tks for the info!

hi doreamon,

will appreciate that...ehhh...wat's yr email addy?
my PS is next week...getting excited liao!

Hi A & W,
welcome back! so u made yr booking at Conrad already??

hi gerlynn,
welcome to the thread!!! me also 2004 bride...think 1 of the earliest here...so me have booked bridal and confirm dinner venue...the only thing left hanging is the ROM venue...taking my own sweet time to decide...hehehehe

silver

Gd morning gals,

Gals, scary leh. Yest I was like decided to stay put wif my existing job and guess wat, yest afternoon I received a call fm HR to go for interview! Is this a sign for me to go?
sad.gif
It's so coincidental that I can't help shaken my decision again. Sigh...

Ever,
From what I understand the voucher can be used for normal package only.

Beginning of the job is like that one - alot of things to learn n adapt.

Yan,
Dunno why I dun seem to b able to forward out the email. Anyway Raffles Marina having promo on food and their room stay. Per nite is $188+++

Jan,
Think must find one day go down to HDB.

Ya nicole v nice. We ve not discuss abt the designs of gowns but she said she will call me when her gowns r here so that I can go down n try. From there she will see whats suitable for me. How abt ur side?

kokopooh

Gd Morning pals,

I'm also a 2004 bride...& i'm new to this thread!!
Wow!! Next year must be a good yr so many ppl getting married. Even a couples of my friends are also getting married next year...

Cheers to all brides 2004

fairymoss

wah, this thread is indeed more lively now. My colleague just fixed her date on 6/6 too! really hot date, but she has yet to book her banquet.

I think a low back EG is nice ah, hmm...hubby also thinks i look good in bare back one. He said i got nothing to flaunt, except a nice back!! Hmp!

gerlynn

hi gals..

hee..me going to book my bridal today...as for venue, we are still deciding...mine wedding is next sept or oct...

ya agree lotza people having wedding next year...my friend says that coz its Lunar "lun" month (meaning 2 of the same month)..so such year is always good for wedding..heee...

so Ino, where are u having your bridal and dinner venue??

gerlynn

kokopooh...

i will be signing up with Camelia Houte Couture....duno if yoy have heard of it b4...its pretty new...i feel the designer has similar taste as me...hee ..mayb coz shes quite young osso...furthermore she offers me a very good deal...which now she has already increased her pricing...so im v glad she actually still keep that deal for me..so i will sign up w her...

how abt u?when ur wedding?? decided on venue n bridal already??i m deciding between Rasa Sentosa and Grand Hyatt.... Any polling???

kokopooh

Hi Gerlynn,

Oh ok I heard of that bridal house but don't know where is it. Mine wedding will be on 28sep2004. How bout u? I've actually sign up with Bridal Veil & as for venue, we are sort of cfm with Sheraton tower.

Grand Hyatt was also on our list. This is the comment we have from a friend "when it was still hyatt I was there twice..nice ambience
the ballroom in the shape of long rectangular...
you walk in at the shorter side .. quite a long walk.. to the stage which is at the other side.
1-1 serving.. co-ordination between captain and staff .. - so - so.. food - quite good..
after it changed name to grand hyatt
I havent been there. .
but my hubby who been there once..
says the food - so so now.."

hope this helps..

gerlynn

hi kokopooh..

oh really...but my friends seem quite encouraging when i mentioned grand hyatt..they say the food is good..but im nt too sure..but i noe the ballroom is really nicee...i think so far its the nicest ballroom i see..

hw abt shangri-la rasa sentosa?? any comments?

cubby

hi fairymoss,

wah..i tink 6/6 really hot date leh! cos my fren ex sch mate also customay on 6/6..then my fren cant attend cos need to attend mine heehee! glad that its hot...tat means it good date also :p

yup..me also like low back gowns...cos think we dun much chance to flaunt our assets lah...heehee must make use of opportunity leh
happy.gif

kokopooh

HI Gerlynn,

I've not been there b4, but i quite like it also cause it's by the sea...*sign* but my FH don't like it lor.... My friend is also going to have their wedding there this dec...heheh
Have u been there b4? How the ballroom huh?

gerlynn

hi kokopooh..

the ballroom is not as nice as hyyatt...but not bad..what I like is the lawn where one can have the solemnization...its facing the sea and surrounded by the white fence...v romantic..but then my FH says that the solemnization only a short while, after which the guests will be in the ball room for the rest of the nite..so ballroom more impt...

blue_lake

hi smurfy...

oh oh.. u fell? how's ur wound?

u can still do the guy's style push up..=P

u dun worry la. how can we be the same as those models? different ppl wearing the same dress bring out different feel. u have ur own style mah. if everyone is the same, it would be boring.
just went to take measurement. found out tat i slim down quite a bit after stomach flu. xiao liao. dun think i can maintain.

i showed my designer my shoes... he said not suitable. haha. so he helps me use my gown cloth to glue on them. hmmm... so nice of him.

jann

hello gals!

hi silver, on my side, dun think i'll confirm design so soon leh, scared confirm too early will have regret later, knowing we gals always so fickle minded!! haha!

hey ever, how abt my voucher, can she use? maybe my voucher not as much as yvonne's one, then she'll allow her to use?

silver

Hi gals!

Jan,
As long as it's promo package cannot use any voucher leh. Why dun you check wif nicole if you could use the voucher for other thing?

Accompanied my sis to PP to sign up the package. At the same time I also tried one of her WG & EG. Realised I dun really suitable for spaghetti. In fact halter looks better but I dun see any nice halter design in mag leh. Hmm...

jann

hi silver,

i think my voucher amt is too small to exchange for anything leh..

Oh, PP must be so happy hor, so many of u gals signing up with her! hehe...

Halter necks, usually will be v neck ones, unless u like those heart shaped neck. Did u check The Knot website see got or not... Or maybe can look thru nicole's foreign mags. Then the rest of the details will be beadings or embroidery. Then whether u suit A-line, mermaid, ballgown etc etc..

silver

Hi Jan,

Wow you so early ya? hehe

Actually I am not referring to those 2 straps halter neck. Hmm.. how shd I describe. I see if I can find any pic to email you hehe But the thing is halter neck WG is not common so I also scare dunno nice or not hehe Anyway still deciding to ve halter WG or EG. Oh for WG I will go for A-line. How abt you?

amos_aw

Hey INO:

Yah. Tentative booking for now. We're still in the process of negotiating. Won't put deposit until we're fully satisfied, but i think we're close.

fairymoss

hi girls,

I just went to my bridal yesterday. Had my gowns design fixed liao. Was so happy I got it done.
happy.gif
WG is a princess cut with empire cut at the bustline off white A line. It's duchess satin under a layer of organza with hand embroidery. The EG is a pinkish in color, satin with chiffon. Both are bustiers but the EG is more beach-like (like a wrap-around), with almost straight kind of cut, not much flair, and layers of chiffon running down the sides to have that flowy feel. glad that it was finally settled. I brought all the mags there but they also have, so i just point point at the ones i like, and my designer advise which ones I'm suitable to wear and which i can't wear. Now my next mission is to get my shoes for the first fitting end next month. 3 weeks later would be my 2nd appt which is my mock. so i got 1.5 mths to get the shoes. u all any recommendations? how's leapin lizard and paradox? my designer recommended that to me and suggest that i get it custom made. what's the opening hours for these 2 shops and how long it takes to make the shoes? i'm afraid I dun have time to custom made. how much it cost? i need 2 pairs, one for WG and one for EG.

hanyan

Hi littlechillipadi,

Are u getting married in Oct 2004? I am and sure hope there are other Oct '04 brides to chat and share experiences wif in this thread
happy.gif

mango78

Kite,
You do have to pay for the bridal show at GCW. Is $15 per couple. You can find the info from the latest sept bridal magazines. During the bridal show, if you signed up with them, normally, you will be able to get good deals from there. Most slightly is discounts.

dkny,
I have signed up with Montage studios for my PS. Depends on what you prefer and your budget too.

jatling,
welcome to this thread. Is better to book your banquet venue first as dec dates are hot.lots of ppl have already book their banquet venue in more than a year time. if you have confirmed taking the banquet venue, you have to place a deposit upon confirmation with signing the contract. If you just make a tentative booking, you do not have to place any deposit.

jann

Morning!
happy.gif

Hi silver, i think i know wat u mean, is it the kind that the front is covered but can see the shoulder type? haha.. Think u also dunno wat i'm talking abt! Yup, most prob me will go for A-line too..

Hey Yvonne, how was ur stay at pan pac? hehe..

smurfy

Hi blue lake,

Good morning to you. Monday blues again for me :-<
My wound okie, put medicine on it everyday. Oso got a big blue black beside the wound.. din go for my yoga last week, feel so bad..

good idea, tonite i try.

Your designer really nice.. is it Kai? All your gowns MTM? So you din try any OTR and got take pics? I am so curious to see at your gowns
happy.gif

silver

Gd morning!

Jan, ya I think it's something like that. I ve email you a pic... but the thing is its not common to ve halter WG so still thinking abt it. Otherwise will stick to bustler WG dan halter EG. Still ve not decided hehe

jann

hey silver,
yup got ur email, but my silly PC in office cant open the file! Got to go home and see... If it's the kind i'm talking abt, i think got lah, have seen those pics before.. and anyway, if it's not common also good mah, then u'll look more unique!!
wink.gif

silver

Hihi....

Hopefully it look unique n not kuku hahaha Anyway will seek Nicole's advise!

Me going out liao. Talk to u gals later...

jatling

Hi Yvonne,

Thks for answering my doubt.

Will it be better just make a tentative booking....till like next year den confirm the booking?
Initally wanted Sept but I doubt anymore date for me....Sept will be worse den Dec right?

Den I better check out my lucky date with geomancy soon after my ROM this Friday.

I have book my bridal package so only worry abt my hotel first...

clueless2705

morning gals....

silver, think i also know how the gown looks like... think its called cut-in collar... its quite nice, provided your shoulder is not beri broad and straight.. personally think that this design suits those with small and slightly sloping shoulders...

clueless2705

i tried one of those gowns last weekend.. and it looks horrible on me... my shoulder is too broad, too straight and too ba ba for that style...

i was passing by this BS at yishun with my mum and auntie... so went in to try some designs for their comments...

remembered i told u gals that i wanted full dutchess satin for my WG.. all my aunties and mummy say not nice... they say i should take some organiza for a softer look... how??? i am lost now...

then david also dun have gowns for me to try, so how to decide what's nice...

jann

But have u tried organza gowns?? Maybe the top part u can do duchess satin then bottom part add organza?

Ya loh, i worse, never try any gowns before!! Have u asked david whether wat kind of gowns u suit?

clueless2705

din go house hunting... bf last min got work assignments.... last night went for the forbidden city musical... suggest u gals go for it... its good..

clueless2705

i tried one with organiza. that's why they say its nicer on me... they say i already have big built, so need to project a softer look.. and besides my bf is nt that big size and tall... if i go for those grand look, with big can can, i will overpower him..

nope, i have not talked to david yet.. thinking og next week..

jann

Yup, think ur mum got a point, shld go for softer look.. my hubby also not big size and tall leh.. I cant wear too high heels, and the gown cant be too pong pong also, most prob have to be A-line...

U see wat david design for u and then ask him wat suits u..