(2004) Brides of year 2004

weddingmoods

Hi,

I am a Dec04 bride too! I am shortlisting Flamingo & Dang... Heard alot abt Divine.. How's the price like? same as Flamingo? Tired from all the searching liao.. Anyone looking at M hotel or New otani?? Please share with me. I am looking at those price range.

jann

hey yan, i think repurchased are like -eg those in the fiance scheme, but in the end they decide not to marry, then got to give up the flats, that means ppl paid deposit and choose liao but in the end decide not to take up.. so think there is no prob with the flats...

Ya, i suggested to silver and yvonne, think u both shld go hdb ask directly see got any available flats or not.. i believe they shld have these repurchased ones as well or others...

wah silver, so shiok in cafe ah.. envious!!

smurfy

Hi,

I had a fall on tuesday and hurt my knee, now i cannot do the push up liao
sad.gif

Luckiy all my gowns are long, else my wound on the knee will show...sigh...

Blue Lake,
Your designer will design a gown for you and I am sure she/he will help you cover your flaws. Me different, gown is OTR and EG is a replica of model EG at oscar awards... well, what others wore may not look good on me
sad.gif

jul

Hi yan

Like what Jan said, I think re-purchased can be those who have been q-ing for flats, but decided not to get married. Or those who applied for the flat, but couldn't afford it, so HDB repurchased it.

My neighbourhood got 5 blks of flats whose contractor got bankrupt for the 4th time. They were supposed to get their keys in Feb 2003, but now, pushed to Jun 2004. Better be careful. Coz they usu specify 6 yrs for BTO.

jul

Jan

Bring camera leh! I wanna c the colour of the decor, tablecloth & flowers. Then can think abt EG colour.

fantasy

hi cow,

Think you are mistaken. cubby's the one with pan pac. Me with raffles the plaza.
Thanks for the advise. Will see what we can come up with.. that's a good idea though. Low back yet hide some with the use of ribbon.

jann

Yup Jul, heard of contractor going bankrupt and the the houses are just left halfway built.. very bad, i think no point buying BTO, u never know when u'll get the house!

haha.. ok will see how Jul, if not i'll try remember the colour decor etc etc... but u went to see before already rite?

jul

Aiyah, it's not the same. I saw the decor before but forgot the colour. I have very bad memory. That's why I need photo to keep there. Then can just take out, refer, & c the exact colour. I'm very ma fun right? *oops*

Yeah, my colleague has been waiting for his BTO since 1999. Then HDB is very smart. They put the clause that they have up to 2005 (6 yrs!) to deliver the flat.

clueless2705

actually both sheration & fulleraton... she is considering both hotels...

and yvonne, if u happen to know of any wedding going on at your hotel, please let me know too.. i too lazy to call the hotels to check out...

when i called the hotels, when they ask for name, i dun know to give my name or my friend's name, cos i may or may not accompany her down...

jann

sheraton on wed and fullerton on fri...

Yan. u can ask ur fren to go down during weekends, i think more or less there shld be weddings going on...

dkny

<font color="aa00aa">Yvonne</font>
ok,thx.

<font color="aa00aa">weddingmoods</font>
me also dec04 bride. U can ask yvnone to email the package of divine to u. For flamingo, they have 2 type of package(with or w\o photo). The package with photo start from 4k plus n it also depend on which photographer u want.

kokopooh

Hi rabbit,
ya lor..half of them r jap, all of them speak jap &amp; most of the call r from jap.. that's y i now busy learning jap...heheh
happy.gif

I'm not sure when they will be having their wedding...maybe u can chk with andrew..

ever

Hi gals!!!!
happy.gif

jul, welcome back!! my new job quite ok loh... havent really started on "working" yet... heehehheehehee..... ya, 3rd jul is an auspicious date!!

yan, re-purchased flats can be flats re-possessed by HDB cos the owners are unable to pay their loans.... one of my ex-colleague bought a re-purchased flat that belonged to an Indian family... They actually erected 2 walls in the living room to create a small prayer room!!!!! and all floorings are done up by the previous owner... you may spend more renovating the house.... so, better check with HDB if the re-purchased flats that you like are "1st hand" or "2nd hand".... think Sembawang flats shld be ok, esp. if its near the mrt.....

kite~

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for the email which u forward to me. btw u mentioned u will be going Divine Fashion Show on 29 Oct at GCW right? do i hv to pay any $? what kind of event is this and normally what can i do over there? sorry cos i m inexperienced. thanks.

jann

hello gals!!!

It's friday!!!

Jul, do u have to work so late everyday these days?? U're really busy!!

ever, guess it's still the honeymoon period in ur new job eh! hehehee..

jul

Hi ever

So when are u gog to start the travelling part of ur new job? *hee* Seriously, better enjoy the 'shaking leg' while you can. When work starts, no time to enjoy
sad.gif

How auspicious is 3 Jul? I'm always very curious abt all this dates. How do they determine what is gd / bad?

jul

Hi Jan

Aiyah, my boss gives me a lot of work to do. He'll just 'shoot arrow' whenever he gets an email, so basically I do the work of 2 pple lor
sad.gif

I have to work 2moro, even tho it's my Sat off. So no TGIF
sad.gif

jann

Hello jul!!

Glad to see u here! haha..
Well, dun be too sad, wat to do, bosses are bosses!!

Btw, have u sourced for ur ID contractor yet?

forest

hello folks!!
where's every1??? this thread is really dying...
uhoh.gif

in a bid to revive this thread.... kekekek
biggrin.gif
.. i'm thinking of arranging an outing for all... it's also a homecoming for both Amos and Wendy!!
biggrin.gif

would love to hear from all in this thread on whether u would wanna attend the outing... jus for a yakking and updates session... (jus in case, i'm the only soul who's keen on this
sad.gif
:p )..

will advise the dates later... but i'm planning on arranging it during the 1st wk of oct...
happy.gif

interested souls, do add ur name to the list below:

attendees:
---------------
forest

babestaurus

Hi Ladies,
Just pop by to say HI!!! I'm pretty bz also after my leave cos suddenly got so many things to do... hv to meet the deadline u noe!

Hi Jul,
How are you? We noe ur very bz lately... cheer up work is work but dun let it affect yr mood!

Hi Gals,
I'm taking my 1nite anniversary stay at Pan Pac for this sat to celebrate my ROM... hee hee! We loved the suite room so much, cant wait to jump into the bed... hahaha! Is really spacious, nice view n cozy.

jul

Hi Jan

I think we're tired of sourcing for IDs. Anyway we saw 6, &amp; eliminated 4 after the first appt. So not much choice. Now we're going to negotiate the contract b4 signing. Hope can start the drawings &amp; design before the end of the mth. Then can complete reno by Dec. *yippee*

clueless2705

morning gals...

jul. cheer up..

yvonne, so nice...to take a short getaway (although in singapore)... have a romantic weekend...

ever, saw u logged in just now @ msn... so, you got your PC already??

btw ladies, did u gals receive email from "jul04 moderator"?? what's that abt??

jul

Hi Yvonne

Haven't gotten a chance to congrat u on ur ROM
happy.gif
Congrats!
happy.gif

Wow, so envious. Can get hotel stay this weekend. Must enjoy urself. Not vey often we get to stay in high class hotels &amp; relax *hee*

Must show me ur photos soon! Can't wait to see Hil's work.

jul

Gals

I got meeting now, then at 11, then at 12, then got another event at 3 pm. So won't log in anymore today. Enjoy ur weekends yeah?
happy.gif

jann

hello!!

Yeah, Yvonne, enjoy ur stay there ya!! hehehe.. So nice to stay in hotel, must enjoy all the facilities there hor! heheh...

Jul, yup, must check all the stuff in the contract before u pay and sign ok, and maybe if possible ask the contractor to show u works of other houses which they've done, so u can how's their workmanship...

Yan, i got the email too, think we can now send emails to all of u gals in this thread just by using the email which they gave us...

Oh ever logged into msn huh... calling ever, u there?? hehehe..

fairy

Hi all,

So far I had been to some boutiques including Le Galleria, Silhouette, Divine, Dang, Tan Yoong, Jawn happy ever after and Flamingo. Will be visiting Silverlining and maybe one or two more to conclude the trip. Any other boutique you all think is worth a look
happy.gif

Any information you all need about these places.
happy.gif
Maybe I can help.

Okay, then maybe we will wait for the promotion price of the Raffles the Plaza before deciding. Thks.

Anybody going for the female couture show?

babestaurus

Hi Ladies,

Is me the MODERATOR!!! I've created Jul04brides in Yahoo Group for us to sent P&amp;C msg. Is much easier cos one email n is link to all of us. I oreadi put u gals email in it... so feel free to use it. Esp. we wanna gossip or exchange some Private info.

Cheers...

babestaurus

Hi Ever,
I see ur online at MSN. Welcome back...

Hi Jul, Yan &amp; Jan,
Thanks... will definitely enjy my stay this wkend! Prob i can tak some pixs of the suite to show u gals ya
wink.gif

cubby

hi fantasy,

hehe pai seh lah..not purposely lah!!heehee :p

ur MIL so conservative ah...once a life time to show off ur assets leh! must at least lu here or lu there mah! ask ur hubby to help u lah!!
happy.gif

sneaky

Hi cubby, pai seh hor…okay…now I’ll remember it’s pan pac…heee heee

And fantasy, the hotel is Shang. I did not sign any contract yet…but I put $1k to book the date during wedding show. We were still negotiating on the perks then suddenly the change of date. Don’t think compensation is possible…haiz…my MIL is for Shang…so let it be loh…therefore, you’re right, my customary is on 5/6 &amp; banquet on 6/6 liao.

clueless2705

heavy downpour over my side... in any case, my office is perpectually cold... freezing when it rains...

nope, ever din come in to chat...

where is garf?? din see her for some time already... calling for Garf &amp; Sagi...

jann

hahah yan, sagi dun come in so easily one, she is guest star mah... hehehe..
yup, heavy rain here too!

Ya, where's garf?

oh maybe ever busy or maybe not convenient to chat...

fantasy

Sneaky, I must say that shang has got quite a grand ballroom. Went for a D&amp;D there couple of years back. Not sure if there are any changes.
We didnt consider visiting them even when we have the budget (Know they offered very gd deal during their recent bridal show) as I was quite pissed with their sales staff attitude when I called in for some enquiries. Think they are so high and mighty (say they only consider Ritz Carlton as their direct competitor and not any other hotel in Singapore). For goodness sake, spare me. Stayed there a couple of times and so I know they are not that great afterall.
My opinion is since you've paid a deposit to book the date, there is no reason for them to push your date ard regardless. What if out of the blue, there is going to be some royal family banquet on the 6th. What is going to happen?? To postpone your banquet to the 7th, 8th or even 9th? It's so unreasonable.
Any black and white or receipt that you can go against them?? Can try threatening them that you want to bring the issue to CASE or write to forum if they do not give you a satifactory resolution. Singaporean all complaint king and queens... heeheee

dkny

<font color="119911">Yvonne</font>
I received the email that u sent to me n found that the photographer that tight with divine very limited only n dun have what i want leh
sad.gif
Me quite andrew choi n chris ling photo but if i ala carte the package n it'll be a bit ex. So, have u decide the photographer?

<font color="119911">Fanny</font>
I only viisted divine n flamingo, so can u share with me ur experiece with the other bridal shop?

jatling

Hello all,

I'm new to this thread.....hope I'm welcome!

I might be Dec 04 Bride, not fix exact date yet.

Like to check when do I have to look for banquet if I want it at DEC??? Do I have to place deposit if do a booking now?

ingenue78

hi forest,

"hands up" i'm onz!

calling for pebbles!!!
i lost your contact for the rose petals. can sms me again? intending to use it for my photoshoot!

silver

Hi gals!

Last nite went my boss place for mooncake fest celebration but by 10+ we r been chased by the security so proceeded to my col hse. End up overnite so nv login to check hehehe

Yan,
Beside sembawang any other re purchase units?

Was very keen with the offer but after some thoughts kinda 50-50. Have to seriously think abt it...

Yvonne,
So wat should we do wif the "jul04 moderator" How to send?

Ever,
Nicole was telling me ur bro's gf going down this weekend. She cfm liao?

jann

hi silver!!

no wonder, didnt see u post anything last nite! hehe..

Nicole very easy to talk to rite, so u have been talking to her a lot? When are u starting gowns designing? Did she like tell u what she'll do for urs or recommend u any designs?