(2004) Brides of year 2004

garf

hey jan...

hehe...need a lot of discipline to wakey lah..haha..got one dog kena heat stroke..it wuz carried on a stretcher and probably sent to the pet hospital.. i hope the doggy is alrite nw..

went to the chinese dessert hall at the guanyin temple to eat the herbal jelly to cool down and "yang yan"..shiok shiok..recommend u gals to go and try..of cors nt as gd as hongkong ones lah..

bot style mag as recommended by ur loh..like a bible like dat, so thick!! hehe..

clueless2705

jan, i got the mag... rather disappointed cos i was hoping that the mag can have more EGs, but its 95% WGs...

any idea where to find more designs for EG??

Garf, u very on... think i just woke up when u reach the finishing line... heehee... sunday is my sleep in day... will not wake up before noon...

garf

hey yan..

same here..i quite disappointed wif EG's design in mags..i bot many mags and no EG has caught my eye yet..
we walked for 2 long hours under the hot sun to and fro before collecting our goodie bags!

jann

yan, yup agree, mostly WG this time!!! I still prefer last issue... Dunno where to get ideas for EG leh, maybe u try those normal mags like Elle, vogue, female, HW etc etc.. sometimes they may have nice evening dresses/gowns..

Yup, garf, this mag is very thick! But realise this time a lot of adverts for bridal shops..

clueless2705

ya, the mag is so thick & heavy... i had a hard time carrying the mag, my three pair of shoes and my chinese med home last friday... so heavy...

do u think those foreign fashion magazines will have more of the EGs designs?? me worried that those gown designs are too drama for singapore context... and those mags dun come cheap..

garf

hey yan..

which BS did u engage wif?mayb u would like to check out allure charis's EGs..if u like lotsa crystals and embroidery..they are quite elaborate in dat..

hey jan..
yah loh..some of the adverts for bridal shops neber hear b4 wan..

peko

Hi Yvonne,

i only started to search for bridal shops these few days.... havent really go to others except these two shops..... i m also waiting for divine couture bridal fair which is in oct 04... so i would like to find out more... but dean is very friendly and good in photography.... how abt the rest of the bridal shops?? where is flamingo and wedding present???
you been to alot of bridal shops liao????

Hi nuf_iuhc

my wedding will be 13th nov 04... how abt you???
most likely i will go for package cos i do have budget...... not more than $5k inclusive of pics lor..... cos i will be spending more on honey moon...
i am also afraid that there will be hidden cost even though the sales person has stated down all the items in the invoice..... does the above bridal shops that Yvonne mentioned do hard selling??? cos i dont like hard selling leh....hee...

clueless2705

hi garf,

i am not with any BS... me engaged a designer to design and do up the gowns for me... so now, have to do lots of homework to see which style is suitable for me..

fencnef

hey peko..

u can 'call' me fencnef..registered my nick the other way round..haha..
happy.gif

my wedding on 30 oct 04..eeerrr..got some bridal shops do hard selling..i dun tink i wanna post it here lah scared the gals frm the bridal shops which i have named doesn't like loh..heee...you will notice wan lah..the sales pple will try to push u wif the flyers although u dun feel like looking at them, or trying to stop u and making u to look at the wedding albums..u noe wat i'm toking abt ya..hehe..

so far, flamingo, divine and the wedding present quite safe..i tink silhoutte oso lah..

jann

Yan, foreign mags designs can be quite kwa zhang and revealing!! hahaha! But u can modify their designs here and there... yea, quite ex, maybe u can go borders flip thru first, see which mag is better then u buy..
haha, i also had hard time carrying the mags back, somemore i bot mooncakes, wah very heavy!!

Oh yes, like Garf said, think Allure gowns are not bad, dunno they got website or not...

jann

Jullllllll!?!?!!! What happened to u?? very busy?? Of coz miss u lah, now ever is on her new job, so guess not coming in here at the moment during the day... and Yvonne is off for 2 days for her ROM...

jul

Hi Jan

Yeah, I was totally rushed off my feet last week. Working like a mad dog! *sigh* Today came in to peep a bit at what u gals r doing? So any new updates?

clueless2705

halo jul..... of cos we miz u... what happened??? busy with work or your new house??

i tot yvonne on half day today??? changed to full day liao izzit??

jann

Hey Jul, not much new updates... pretty quiet and we were talking abt normal stuffs! ever thinking of changing her BS to pp!! haha..
But are u still busy or u finished ur assignments?

jann

Yan, think Yvonne change to full day, she said she'll be back here on Wed!! Dunno which manicurist she's going to in the end!! haha!

jul

Hi Yan

Busy with work lah. Mad company. Tot my kind of job is supposed to shake leg a bit, but alas! *sigh*

Today rushing off for meeting in the pm, so u gals wun c me again after lunch
sad.gif

jul

Hi Jan

Ever wanted to change BS? I tot she's the one who settled everything earliest, & the most firm? Whoa, that means PP must be really gd to tempt her?

jann

yup Jul she thinking of changing, coz her bro's gf likes pp a lot!! hahaha..
Oh, so later wont see u again...

mango78

Hi peko,

I have only been to those 5 bridal boutiques which I have shortlisted.

Flamingo is located at Tanjong Pagar too(Wallich Street, 32 Wallich Building,#01-57, tel:62262728) As for wedding present, is located at 8 Gemmill Lane, somewhere near fast east square, opp Shidong Bar.(Tel:63232182).Sihouttee is located at 39 stamford rd, #03-19, stamford house(tel:67337197), somewhere near city hall. Divine is at mandarin hotel shopping arcade,#03-36/37(tel:62357951/2).

Divine and Sihouttee will be slightly in a higher range(>$5k) depending which photographers you choose. Flamingo and wedding present will be slighter in a range of $4 - $5K depending on the photographers too. All the boutiques that I mentioned above are not the hard-selling one. So, don't worry.

I will be going to Divine bridal fair too. Maybe we can meet up and go together.

Hi fencnef,

Finally, I have settled my banquet with PP, so mine will be at 28 Nov 04.

jul

Jan

Oh dear! So none of us are totally unmoveable by other choices. *haha*

Yeah lor, most prob I wun bother to come back to office again after the meeting, coz it'll end late.

jul

Yan

You're right! Yvonne's the only one with some common sense & determination among all of us! *haha*

So when do u need to decide on ur gown designs? I think the last time, ur BS told u to start doing ur homework & settle designs this mth issit? So early!

clueless2705

i dun know lei... he has not called me yet...

dun think we have to settle the designs this month... he will do up several designs and let us bring home, sleep over the designs and decide

fencnef

hey peko..

let me noe how is it like after visiting the bridal shops..
happy.gif

hey yvonne..

gd for u!! so haf u planned for any place to honeymoon??i'm wondering any place nice to go during end of the yr..
happy.gif

rabbitwsk

Hi ladies
Yvonne and Fenc *wave*
Everybody weekend good?

Saluation Peko,
Welcome to the thread.
I have gone to the following places; Dang at Amara Hotel, The Wedding present, Le Gallerie, Emaunel. all these are quite recommended cos they have really nice gown. I tried about 10 over gowns in Le Gallerie and their gowns are super if you are into embrio, but px more steep at fr $4.1K up. Due to this I hv kinda decide on Dang, but not sign up yet. Also I am also renting Kua from HOE, tts abt S$500 for both photoshoot and actual day.

Hope this help.
Cheers
happy.gif

mango78

Hi Fencnef,

Not yet planned cos might delay the honeymoon or going somewhere not far from Singapore as I might be starting my part-time degree course on 2005 and the time table is quite tight. How about you?

mango78

Hi rabbitwsk,

Weekend was quite busy. After settling the banquet was kinda of free till next year. As for the bridal package, waiting for Divine bridal fair on oct to sign up. Everything will have to wait till next year to start getting busy again. : )

Peko, i will be also renting my kua at HOE too as I find their kua much nicer, can wear it for the song ke section.

oceans

Hi <font color="0000ff">Blue lake</font>, i think ur name in pink is because, they highlighted that u r the user. But for me, when i look at it, ur name is normal in blue, but mine is pink.

Yap, this is only my first appt with the bridal shop. Think i quite lucky, cos they got some new gown. There is one that i like very much, simple and eleglance, but i dun feel like princess leh... I was thinking if i can borrow that for my outdoor PS, but was not allowed as it is new.
sad.gif
So i choose another one which make me feel like princess for my wedding.
lame.gif
Kekkeee...
biggrin.gif

<font color="119911">Smurfy</font>, cannot show u all photos cos my hubby din bring digital camera. Also the shop does not allow photo taking unless u confirmed that dress for your Actual Day!

Hmmm... Abt 5 more months to go.....

fencnef

hey rabbitwsk..

did u get urself a copy of the tongshu yet? its out and my MIL bot it liao..she got it frm incense shop i guess..
happy.gif

hey peko..

in case u are lost haha..rabbitwsk is into dang, yvonne into divine,and me (fencnef) into the wedding present..let me noe if u wanna any details abt the package ya?
happy.gif

hey yvonne..
which part-time degree will u be doing?currently, mi in SIM nw..for yr end, its either summer in places like new zealand or winter in europe..nt sure whether shld go for the sun or the snow..haha...
happy.gif

wow...looks like HOE's kwa quite high demand..
happy.gif
mi oso rented it but for actual day oni..

mango78

Hi Fencnef,

I will be taking Bachelor in environmental &amp; occupational health &amp; safety in Novoets, a sub. of PSB. New zealand is quite a nice place too, quiet and cosy. I decided to get kua from HOE becos didn't quite like the kua from Divine, looks abit old. : )

fencnef

hey yvonne..

hmmm...i took occupational health and safety during my hrm course in PSB..its oni a topic in the hrm course..
i like states but hubby doesn't like due to the unstability in dat country..
the wedding present's kwa oso looked abit old and the sizes came in S &amp; L size..
i tink i'm quite happy to wear XS sized kwa frm HOE..1st time i really feel "petitte"..hee...
happy.gif

at HOE, i tried larger size, S sized and i looked like a "walking angpow"..haha..

squirt

Hi all

me actually tot i will be nov bride..now change to dec again...

Me booking panpac oso ( so same as ms mango)

So yvonne,hve u paid deposit to PP?

jann

Garf, pp is one BS..

yan, i asked pp, she said i could just let her know the person's name and she's able to do the voucher transfer... no need to collect it from her leh..

rabbitwsk

Hi ladies

For honeymoon, we maybe going for Japan first cos its awared by our biz partner as our biz volume moves. Then we will go NZ. That's the pl we always wanted to go though I lost things there before. Do remember to bring ur belongings along cos the thief there can jus break the car window. It happens to me
sad.gif

luckily all my things are recovered execept for $ and my company digital cam.... Jus a incident... but basically a good pl to go... air fresh and quite and good scenery.

Cheers.

peko

Hi Yvonne,

sure we can meet up to the bridal fair... but you havent sign up the package huh???

Hi fencnef,

its quite ok when i visited the feline and weddingnews... both not hard selling at all and the packages are within my budget..... but for weddingnews the photography are good but gowns ok only... i spent around 3 hours at the bridal shops separately... as we talked abt the package and tried the gowns lor....

Hi rabbitwsk...

thanks for your warm welcome... so you most likely will decide on dang???? i afraid that it will be beyond my budget leh.....
i wun be renting kua as my fren lent me hers.... quite different kind of kua... so i like it very much!!!

So gals... can you email me your bridal packages to [email protected]
thank you very much for your advices!!!! :)

jann

haha yan, no need to find replacement, we have one here taking her package liao and in fact 2 more may take her too!! haha! Think that's good enough!! hehe..

garfield33

hi 88!

so u have a gd time with yr 1st fitting ar... tt's gd!

so u manage to try on any designs which u like? did u try on EGs also?

amethyst

hi ladies!
i was away on leave for 1 week, babysitting my nephews as my parents tour China. phew! being a homemaker is not easy man! physically tiring!!! i kow tow my mother!!
mee mee and smurfy,
sorry, can let me view your pics again? please please? I didn't access my emails for the whole of last week. Pai Seh!!!

mango78

Hi Peko,

I have not sign up yet, waiting for the bridal fair to see whether can get good deals from there. : ) Will forward the package to you.

Hi Fencnef,

Yup, the XS size juz fix nicely on me, but slightly shorter abit. If I take the S size, will look too big for me. Most probably, when going to rent from them, try again the sizes.

mango78

Hi Kite,

I will be a nov bride. Karen Sim is the one who attended to me. I have foward the promotion package and pics to you already. I did not take up the offer even though I have made a tentative booking with GCW. I chose PP instead of GCW as they are able to give me more perks than them.

dkny,

GCW stands for Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel which is located at Havelock Rd, opp concorde hotel. I decided to choose Divine is becos I feel very comfortable with Kim the designer. She gave me a very professional and comfortable feeling.

Shanice,

I have juz paid the deposit yesterday to PP. Finally confirmed with them. So happy and glad that banquet venue is settled. So, you have already paid the deposit?

rabbitwsk

Hi Peko-chan
Dang px is closed to 4K if u take MTM package and got to keep some for everything. I tot quite reasonable
happy.gif
Actually most impt is the chemistry btw u and the designer.

Wow Yvonne and Fenc, u all wear XS? I wear S, jus nice... u all very slim hoh
happy.gif

Cheers.

fencnef

hey yvonne..

for the S size..the skirt keeps running around my waist..haha
happy.gif
i got a hard time to stop the skirt flying abt..
r u getting the shoes as well?the shoes got a chinese word"xi"and the red fluffy ones..quite cute loh..hee..
btw according to ur nick, u like the fruit mango or r u a fan of mango stuffs? i used to like mango but i'm more 2wards zara nw..

mango78

Hi Fencnef,

Not sure whether to get the shoes or not. Find it quite expensive. $40 a pair.

I like mango too. Used this nick is becos my hubby used this nick on his email too. : )

Rabbitwsk,

S still alright. As long you look nice on it, S or XS won't be a problem. : P

fencnef

hey yvonne..

u mean the blouse or the skirt slightly shorter??if its the skirt shorter,dan wear the heelless pumps will look better..
happy.gif

the last time i bot frm mango is a long sleeved tshirt dat cost only $13 during the sale..