(2004) Brides of year 2004

jamci

smurfy...wow u tried to make it all in the same date. Huh!! death anniversary date will also clash...tink my mil also said that too. She don't want us to clash her mum's death anniversary....i really going to fainted. Luckily there is no...great great great grandma...if not we need not get married liao

oceans

<font color="0000ff">Smurfy</font>, i saw ur photo liao!! The gold colour one was really very lacy and it looks elegant!! But i like the back view of your white wedding gown more. Give me some space to think think..... daydream.... kekee...
biggrin.gif
So nice and the trail... Whew.... The only thing is u mus try to maintain ur figure.
lame.gif
Dun scold me hor!!
31243.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Pageup</font>, urs is the red gown right! This is for your second March in right? I think the design is alright, but are they adding any accessories?

Recently me very worried abt my weight leh... Keep on increasing... Was thinking that CPF cut, salary freeze, transport increase, GST going to increase, bridal package increase, living std increase and the last thing i want is my weight to increase!!
sad.gif

ivory

forest..

i c.. so u guys no kan cheong to customary lah..
happy.gif

doremon

hee.. for my case, my MIL suggest we go buy mattress 1st to sleep, then when we officially redo n buy furniture for our room, we can gif the mattress to my PILs then we buy new set again (cos theirs oso very old liao.. we seasoned for them 1st).

pageup

Hi Ocean,

Yup, that red gown is for second march in. That is first fitting only. They will add in beads.
happy.gif

hope it will turn out nice
happy.gif

dkny

<font color="aa00aa">hi gals</font>
I'm new here n planning to have the customary at the end of year, but dun have the actual day. Hope u all can share with me the progress of planning wedding
happy.gif

jann

Morning!
happy.gif

Guess ever wont be here today... Jul, are u back yet?

silver, yea, if there is BTO, dun think they'll hold the WIS... But if BTO must wait quite long leh. But actually is there a scheme now whereby u guys can just register and go in to buy instead of waiting for WIS?? Nowadays they keep changing schemes until i confused also!

fantasy

Hi cubby,

Havent really spoke to Robin yet as my hubby felt that it's a bit too early. Wat I did was to go through shots advertised in magazines, select the photographer style tat I like best. Then I cover up the names of the photostudio and go through them with my hubby and ask him to choose the ones that he likes. Tried several test and would mostly end up with Robin. It's kinda stupid when come to think of it but that's the only way to avoid all the hassle of running ard to visit different photographers. Boh bian, we are lazy people. ;p

fantasy

cubby,

Bet you must have beautiful back. Divine's gown are comes with sexy low back... Phhhheeewweeeee....

So your house undergoing renovation now lah...

Hi ladies,

Anyone staying at punggol area??

babestaurus

Morning Jan,
Guess today will be even quieter w/o Ever! Jul is very busy these few days... she told me to tell you gals DON"T MISS HER (Jus kidding)... hahaha!

Hi Garf,
So tell us which venue you hve shortlisted, we can give you our opinion?

Btw, i went to meet Berryhappy yday! I like her work veri cheerful and bright...

jann

Hello Yvonne!

Ya loh, will be quiet today... Oh Jul, ICQ you is it?

Are u sourcing for ur actual day photography? How much is she charging for digital or film kind?

garf

gd morng ladies..

silver..
sounds interesting leh, yacht club? are u member of the club?
yvonne..
i'll probably go for noble hse cos' the price is quite reasonable and when u will paying for the nett price if u signed up during the fair..
i like noble hse's high ceiling and the oriental look..

btw,i've went down to HOE to try the kwa..nw i'm quite a loss of wat to do wif my evening gown cos' i'm tinking to wear the kwa during my dinner..the kwa is fabulous and its a beautiful piece of artwork..!!

smurfy

hi jamci,

Main reason is less dates to remember :p

hi ocean,

R u saying that i need to maintain or to slim down? Everyone said i looks okie now since I had lose quite abit of weight but I am still not pleased with myself.. sigh... one month to my PS..

clueless2705

good morning ladies...

had a very interesting course yesterday... i learnt how to make jewrelly using beads &amp; crystals..

Jan, the voucher is transferrable.. PP advised me to print out the email and pass to whoever is interested.. she did not mention anything abt me not taking up her package...

Hi Garf, heard that Noble house food is good, but the ambience is a bit cheena... and personally i think its nt very accessible cos UIC building is quite far from the MRT stations right??

Does your BS provide u with Kwa?? i spoke to jordan before, and he did mentioned that they have kwa...

you can wear the kwa for the tea ceremony and for sending guests off... if u like the kwa so much, then use the kwa as the EG instead.. the kwa will compliment the Noble house theme...

yvonne, so u have meet three AD photographers liao right?? have u reached a conclusion?? how are they quotations like?? me kpo...

gonna miss jul &amp; eve here...

garf

hey yan..

my BS provide kwa but they looked very old and sizes only are the more general and popular ones..
i would want to have a more tapered and fitted looking kwa scared i looked like a walking angpow!! haha..
my MTM package include an evening gown..i guess the changing part is quite ley chey and hassle during the dinner..how many dresses r u gals thinking to change during the dinner?

jann

hi Yan,

Oh.. then maybe i shld ask pp to confirm abt voucher again..

Hi garf, maybe u can try those not so red kwa, like a bit more gold or silver kind?
Maybe for urs is at restaurant so guess will be a bit ley chey, is there a changing room there?

garf

hey jan..

hmm..the kwa comes in 2 cuts, tapered(got figure showing) and straight cut(conceal figure showing)..my BS got the straight cut one so will definitely look like walking angpow for me loh..hee..
the rental of the silver kwa quite ex and makes me looked very old..like empress dowager..haha

i found out there's a changing room at noble hse..quite spacious loh, gfs are able to come in too...

jann

haha garf, look like empress dowager!! But think slim cut will be nicer rite...

Oh, got changing room that's good! But are there any other venue u shortlisted? Actually if ur budget permits, think Grand shanghai restaurant, tot the place quite funky! But price wise, is quite steep for a restaurant i would say...

garf

hey jan..

i will shortlist restaurants dan hotel...the old folks will complain if the food is not nice..but if u noe any food frm hotel is gd, let me noe! so far hor to my disappointment, i havent taste anything frm hotel dat makes my thumbs up for it..probably i'm a picker for food also!

according to my colleagues' advise, food is the lasting impression to guests dan other things such as ambience, surroundings etc..

grand shanghai quite inaccessible i find..its near Zouk if i'm nt wrong?

cubby

hi fantasy,

oic...i think robin shld be not bad cos after so many of ur test! heehee...anyway if i like his phtos, i will prob neg w him and sign up directly w him then take divine packges without phtographer...think this way can bargain more heehee.
actaully i might also drop by federick lee to check out theor packages without phtogrpher how much too....their gowns are also beautiful leh!!!

aiyah..me back normal lah...but divine gowns really low back hor heehee

dun talk abt my hse...myFH so bz haven even started
sad.gif
feel so sad...everybody who took their hse will start reno immediately.....me took hse more than 3 mths but nothing done....haiz

jann

yeah.. that's rite, grand shanghai is at grand copthorne, not that accessible..

Yeah, got to worry abt guests complaining.. esp relatives.. quite troublesome! But heard sheraton, merchant court food is not bad, pan pac is also supposedly not bad... but food wise guess it's subjective..
Well, how abt other TUng lok restaurants that u may shortlist?? Like Imperial, Club Chinois, ar the one at fort canning (forgot the name) or the Main Tung lok rest itself?

I would agree with ur colleagues, that food is the lasting impression! I went to a wedding at Si chuan dou hua restaurant at Plaza hotel, the portion is really huge, and the food are all quite good (although the dishes are the common kind) but still, my parents were still complimenting on the food there till now! But of coz ambience not good lah..

fantasy

Hi cubby,

Dont feel so disappointed. Meanwhile what you shld be doing is to source for ID firms and think of wat you want for your home. Our designer does help by giving some suggestions but almost every details for our home are from our own research and ideas.

As long as the house is ready before your actual wedding day it should be fine. For your guideline, we took 3 months for our renovation. Planning and research started 3 months prior to that (even before we got our keys).
It may be a blessing for you too. Do you know that now I have to travel ard 3 places a week now? 2 nights at home, 2-3 nights at new house and remaining nights at hubby's place. It's quite a hassle but boh bian. Now I dont even know how to buy my season parking ticket.

One consolation for you. My girlfriend got the keys to her flat more than a year ago and is still in the same condition. You are not the worst.

mango78

Hi dkny,

Welcome you to this thread. At first, I thought i will be a dec'04 bride, but now have confirmed the date, I'm a nov'04 bride now. Anyway, feel free to ask around what kind of info do you want. We will be able to help you if we can.

silver

Gd afternoon ladies!

Garf,
I am not a member of the yacht club..

Jan,
Ya now me n Yvonne very excited over the 'balloting' in sk &amp; punggol. Will give it a try.

Yan,
Oh I thought you went for course related to ur work hehehe So wat ve u learn?

Btw, will you consider the balloting?

garf

jan..

for ambience wise,i heard marriot very nice and romantic..imperium smells like pub, club chinois and the one at liang court (i tink which u refer to as fort canning)is too cramped for wedding liao..paramount oso too far..

jann

hi garf,
i've been to 2 weddings at marriot last year! It's not that bad, but one the food isnt that good, but another one is good coz they top up for the food... and since it's the only ballroom so in a way it's good, guests wont get confused..

clueless2705

hi garf,

have the best of both worlds... have resturant food and hotel ballroom... try the tung luk at orchard parade hotel... but price wise, its hotel pricing..

dkny

<font color="aa00aa">hi Yvonne</font>
U name showed that r u like to eat mango or u crazy the cloth of mango? Me is a supporter from mango but now changed a bit already coz need to save money for wedding. So, have u start prepared the thing? Me planning to rom in dec n hope will get marry after 1 year.

silver

Hi Jan,

It's actually WIS in sk &amp; punggol but they ve it in balloting system (send in application instead of q-ing there)

babestaurus

Hi garf,

Why not get chinese restaurants in the hotel premises, like yan's said hv both world under 1 roof! Orchard Parade that one not bad (veri chi-na setting) but looks cramp with low ceiling.

I know a chinese restaurant at Crown Prince Hotel 2nd level quite nice ambience (zen setting), but not sure abt e food... hehehe!

jann

Oh silver, but if u queue is it higher chance? balloting like may not have chance rite? So are u gals intending to go for it?

Garf, how many tables u intend to get? Yea, heard orchard parade is abt 25 -28 tables and can get quite cramp..

babestaurus

Hi Garf,
Can try visit some hotel chinese restaurants and get their wedding package? My elder sis held her wedding at this four season hotel chinese restaurant! Btw, how many tables are you looking at???

garf

thks for all of ur input!
happy.gif

mi having 20 tables loh..my wedding will be a sat.
shld i retain my MTM evening gown for my dinner at the same time i feel like wearing kwa loh..any dinner u gals go to when the bride went for 3 outfits change? macham costume parade like dat..haha!

squirt

Hi Yvonne

My budget is abit tight..so I find this PP irrestible...me looking at ard 25 tables...

ya..6 nov is a sat but I still do not noe whether it is considered auspicious or not..(subject to my parents' approval...) keeping my fingers crossed abt it..

clueless2705

hi garf,

twenty tables for orchard parade hotel is nt cramped... seen the set up.. its ok.. only complain was that it has two pillars , but u can arrange the tables around it, and use the pillars as serving counters...

the food at crown price restaurant is nice... had a new year lunch there before... in terms of ambience, I went to see the set up before.. its ok, but that day's theme is BERI traditional... ALL RED, and they have a hugh backdrop of longs &amp; fengs.rather too cheena for my taste, and the march in is ultra short...

clueless2705

hi silver,

is this round of WIS the same as others?? meaning we can get a booklet on all the units available, together with the floor area and cost?

silver

Hi Jan,
Ya but no choice. I think they predicted that there will be long q that's why they ve it balloting system.

Hi Yan,
No it's going to be like balloting for mature estate system. Which means we have to submit application and see if we r sucessful or not.

Hi garf,
For 20 tables should be ok. More impt is if you dun mind the decor.

clueless2705

silver, the last time i went for WIS. they have a booklet that showed what are the available units.. In this case, what is the difference betw WIS and BE??

jann

hello!

Garf, think 20 at orchard parade is ok too, not that cramp yet.. Actually Yvonne suggestion is good, try the restaurants at hotels, price wise may be a little cheaper..
How abt Jade Restaurant at Fullerton? also tung lok, But maybe tables cant hold too many, u gotta check.. Or actually does Lei garden at CHIJMES do wedding banquet? Otherwise another place with good food...
And heard food at Concorde hotel also good, but guess not so accessible. Or Amara hotel, heard food also not bad...
Hey, 3 gowns for wedding dinner should be ok lah, it's fun to do fashion parade mah! hehe...

hahaha, think we're making u lost with so many ideas!!

trixie

Hi Shanice,
I think Holiday Inn Parkview is having a promotion now till Dec03. Can't really remember the details but I think they're offering $30 off each table. You might wanna check them out.

silver

Yan,

You ve to submit your application btw 4-24 Sep n by end oct you will get to know whether ur application is successful. If successful, you will get to select ur hse in Nov.

ever

Hi gals!!

seems like you gals are missing me!! heehehehee....
blush.gif

yvonne/silver, heard about them releasing SK/Punggol 4-room flats over the radio.... knew you gals sure very excited over it!!
happy.gif
oh, so its balloting system.... thought they said something about BTO.... yan, the balloting system is the same as the one that you applied for AMK flats the other time.... after you're successful in yr balloting, they'll give you a queue no., and then they'll show you all the available units.....

jul still busy??

yvonne, most likely not joining you on sun... let me know about yr preference (YK or BerryHappy) after sun, k? tell me thru email...
wink.gif
maybe will meet YK during weekdays if he's good...

Hi garf! i'll be wearing a kua on my wedding day too! heard that the kuas at HOE is really nice!! i'll be wearing my kua for tea ceremony at my parents' place and for sending guests off after the banquet dinner.... think its ok for you to wear yr EG and kua, unless you want to wear the kua as replacement for the EG...

silver

Hi ever,
Of course we miss you! :p so how's ur life been temp tai tai hehe

Gals, feeling abit fan cos I ve a offer fm bank which I dunno shd I consider or not. I like my present job n freedom but cannot tahan my boss esp now every few weeks he still try to come out wif some stupid new things. There again I feel like I am letting those people who ve supported me down. Of course also feel abit scare of adapting to new environment. Sigh... Any comments? Really like to hear some opinion.

jann

Morning!
happy.gif

ever, of coz miss u.. esp in the mornings, usually will see ur postings first, now no one compete with me already!! hahaha!!
Are u choosing ur AD photographer too? But YK is using film rite? Tot u gals want digital? But if choose BerryHappy, are u taking digi or film?? Her film price quite reasonable too eh..

silver, if i'm not wrong, guess ur bank job is doing somewhat a similar thing as wat u're doing now is it, is a sales job too rite? I have friends in that line too, can be a little flexible but can be quite stressful too...