(2004) Brides of year 2004

jann

Garf, me tried again, failed! Cant do it! I get wat u meant, those 2 teeth, just twirl with ur hair and pin poke the clip downwards rite... urghh.. go back try again... now my hands tired! hahaha...

garf

hey yvonne..

dun mention..hope u have a wonderful time..
happy.gif

hey jan..
my hands oso tired when practising..hee..
happy.gif
i pin poke,then go upwards and dan go bk to the orginal position leh...can anot? btw i need 2 of the two teeth clips to bun up my hair loh..are you trying wif 1?

clueless2705

jan, do u have thick and long hair?? if yes, its quite difficult to bun.. is the clip those longish ones?? or those round ones??

ladies, me mia for a while first okie... need to go for a musical meeting..*wink* hope i dun get the leading role man...

see ya

jann

garf,
cant leh.. maybe i'll have to buy 2 teeth one to try also.. hehe...

yan, my hair not that long and not so thick but it just cant stay, the clip isnt very long.. I shld maybe go to shopping centres one and ask them to show me how to do.. wah.. u mean ur Co has musicals.. interesting!

jul

Ever -

Welcome back!
happy.gif

Garf -

I'm not going to ROM, just do it all together in Jul next yr.

Yvonne -

U are very fast! I nvr even tot abt the makeup artist yet. Me still distracted by the flat, so very difficult to think abt the bridal stuff. Think I just can't multi-task *sigh*

jul

Jan

What clip r u talking abt? Why got teeth, & must twist & pin & poke?

I bought a chopstick during lunch. Dunno what got into me. Have to practise later
happy.gif

jann

really Jul, is urs one stick or 2 sticks kind?? I like the one stick kind, but really cant imagine it'll hold up the hair leh!

Mine is like a "comb" style... got 6 teeth on the "comb", been trying but cant work!! sobs!! if cant work with 6 teeth, how to work with just a stick or 2 teeth kind!
uhoh.gif

garf

hey jul..
where is ur new flat? we've chosen our flat but yet to draw keys yet..the waiting still long...1st appt is 2 weeks later..
happy.gif

hey yan..
r u in a play or something?
happy.gif

hey jan..
let me noe if you found any nice 2 teeth clips around..
happy.gif
i'm crazy abt them nw using them to do the bun..

babestaurus

Hi Jan,
Same as Jul! I also been confused by yr pin & poke n e teeth thing...haahaa!

Hi Jul,
U bought chopstick for wat? Hse no chopstick ya... hee hee! Izit some sort like jap chopstick kinda??? Im using 1 at home, my sole chopstick... haahaa!

Btw, TWD got hw many MU artists, designers n photographers? If u want the good n experienced one better chop them early!

jann

oops Jul, think we're all confused here, are u talking abt real chopsticks or accessories for hair???!!!
lol.gif
or maybe it's just me who's confused, getting crazy abt these hair clips!!!!!

jul

Jan

I'm using the 1 stick kind. Definitely using the hair accessories kind, not the eating kind lah
lol.gif

But ur clip is bendable? How come it's not hard? I think maybe next time when we meet u gotta show me :p

jul

Yvonne

My chopstick is long, wooden, & quite plain. Decided I better buy the cheaper, plainer one to try first. Cn buy the ones with dangling things after I get proficient at this *hee*

I'm not sure how many makeup artists & photographers & designers are at TWD. Wonder if any of the brides there will know...

jul

Hi Garf

My flat's in Sengkang. Did u get urs from the recent WIS?

Dun think I'm gog to Kevin Seah bridal show. Have decided not to go for any bridal shows, as it's quite a waste of time. Will just go to my bridal & try the gowns there.

garf

hey jul..

my flat is in bishan..i got mine thru resale..
btw wats ur bridal shop?i've paid my deposit for my bridal shop aldy too, so i'm nt gg for kevin seah's show..

jann

Jul, haaha.. think Yvonne mistaken it for a real chopsticks, that's why ask u why u buy chopsticks for wat??!!
Mine's not bendable... really dunno how to do... frustrated! u try yours see can work or not, let me know... hehe

babestaurus

Hi Jul,
U so good at stick ya... can use 1 stick to bun up yr hair??? For me i dun thk i can even bun up cos mine is so thick and long... heehee!

Oh Jan & Jul,
U gals really confused me la... paiseh paiseh!!! Kee kee.............

ever

jan, maybe the one that you bought is too short (ie, teeth too short), that's why cant hold your hair... think the "chopstick" kind can hold yr hair well if you twist yr hair properly... not sure about the 2 teeth kind though... never use before... the 2 teeth kind means it's used to clip the bun? those that can 'open" and "close" kind?? *confused*

babestaurus

Hi Ever,
Guess we all trying to visualise the hairclip or pin now... haahaa!!! I can't imagine 1 stick can actually fasten all the hair properly provided the hair is pretty thin and not too layered ya?

jul

Yvonne, Jan

My hair is successfully twisted & poked with chopstick. Hope it's the correct way to do it. But it's definitely the messy kind of hairstyle.

My boss was staring at the stick poking out of my hair. *haha*

jann

ever, the 2 teeth kind i saw is not open close kind, but its like a stick kind. Mine is also not open close type.. it looks like a comb.. maybe i shld buy a longer one! aiya.. waste money!

jann

Jul *jealous*, how did u do it??!!! how come mine doesnt work! I bot wrong type, silly lady boss dun want to show me, shouldnt have bot it! urggghhhhh!

Oh now from my imagination, i think 1 stick is easier to do! okie, will get a stick, how much is yours jul?? Dun want to spend yuan wang money again!

i think i'm obsessed with this hair thing now!

garf

hey yvonne..

i'm getting a 4-rm flat..it costs almost the same like the 4-rm flats in matured areas such as amk or clementi..mine is a low end one,its within our budget,dun noe exactly if its considered exp or cheap..

hey jan and jul..
haha..i'm also quite muddled up with the chopstick...hee..i'm probably get everbody confused by introducing my 2 teeth clip..anyway....
mine's wif the wedding present..

ever

jan, try to use the clip for "half" of yr hair loh.... then, not so "lang fei"... i can visualise your "comb" clip, but not the 2 teeth clip... sigh... give up too...

jul congrats! easy to use, rite? me bought 2 "chopsticks" too... 1 plain one and 1 with crystals... but, never got round to using them... think i look old when i bun up my hair, so didnt bother... hahahahaha..... maybe shld use when attending wedding dinners!!
happy.gif

garfield33

Hi Pebbles..

Yup, bought the mag...mainly cuz of the free bag also. hehe... but the contents of the mag, nothing much ar...find that their ads. are always the same...only the articles are diff. n interesting. So no point buying, go bookshops read can already...FOC! hehe..

Wow...goin perth tomorrow ar! V. excited n happy rite? How long goin for? Stayin @? Make sure u enjoy n have a gd hol! Dun worry.. i'm sure u 2 will look fab in yr shoot! ;0)

keann

Pebbles:
WOW tomolow going to Perth...must enjoy enjoy lah! Is your PS this trip?? sorry ah..can't remember if u mentioned it...if so, must share share ya!!!
Have a good trip to Perth!

clueless2705

hi, i m back..

jan, your comb looks something like tiara izzit??

Jul, teach me how u do that!! I have been trying to learn how to do the chopstick stint for some time liao...

clueless2705

garf, how much did you pay for your flat?? me also thinking of getting a resale at AMK.. now need to do some budgeting...

where is your dinner venue??

Btw, think u have to get yourself registered fast.. cos from next week, u need an account in order to post in the forum... except the threads under matters of the heart...

jann

yan, mine is something like a comb!! dunno how to explain! ya loh, must ask Jul, for detailed steps on how to bun hair! hahaha!!

garf

hi yan..

i bot my flat less dan 250k..
well, property price may start to increase for 3 and 4 room right nw as many pple are rushing to downgrade their flats..due to the cpf scheme implementation also..at the same time, i tink its nt quite advisable to get a 5 room resale flat..my fren has bought a 5 room early this yr and she's nw thinking dat they may not be able to finance the loan in long run.. trying to sort out the budget nw..
hope dat you're able to find your dream flat soon..
happy.gif

jul

Hello gals

Okie next time when we have a gathering, I'll try to demo the chopstick thing. But not guranteed will work. Sometimes have a try a couple of times first.

Ever -
That's funny. I think I look younger with my hair up.

Jan -
Mine's very cheap cheap. $1.50. Coz it's wooden, square, with very simple design at the end.

Btw gals, is the CPF cut going to affect any of u gals?

garf

hi jul..

hmm..for us a bit loh..gotta to be stringent in our spendings..thinky to do some renovation, nw no need liao..

jann

Hey Jul, yours cheap leh, where else can i buy one?? I bot mine at $3.. feel so cheated now!!! urgghhh.... wooden one is ok lah, want to buy a cheap one first to try!! hehhee...

ya loh garf, i also think this is gao nan du!!

trixie

hi fencnef,
what we're worried abt is that guests might not think M hotel will charge $800 per table, hence will give less than $80 for angbao lor. actually i'm not surprised if some of them dun even know which hotel that is!

As we foresee we'll lose at least 8 tables on relatives (that's about $6k already!), we decided we cannot afford to lose too much on friends/colleagues tables lor. so by having banquet on wkday, at least i won't lose too much even if they give $60. trying to cut loss here..

Perms are generally quite costly, and they can be very dramatic. i dun want to spend hundreds of $$$ on a perm and end up having to straightened it immediately!! that's why i've been in a dilemma for quite some time..still can't bring myself to perm hair.
sad.gif

garf

jan..

i bought mine at my office downstairs where they have these little stalls at pasar malam..mine is wif crystals and metal wan, costs abt $8 per piece..

babestaurus

Hi Garf,
Guess below 250K is quite reasonable for mature areas! I tried e recent balloting at Queenstown but failed...

Hi Jan, Jul & Yan,
When you bun using stick rite, do you hv to use black hairpin as well or jus e stick alone???

jann

hi Garf, ur flat seems pretty reasonable priced. Btw, is urs a corner flat?
Me will go hunting for 1 stick! hahhaah!!

Yvonne, think only Jul can answer ur question now.. hehe.. me dun have stick to try, maybe i go home try using real chopstick first... hehehe..

garf

hey yvonne..

which area are you looking at nw? queenstown is quite hot area..we got a queue no. in the BE last yr before but we gave up cos our fave level and units are taken up..

jul

Hi garf

So u have enough to pay for monthly installment w/o need to top up cash? That's gd. We actually got a slightly longer loan, so with the CPF cut, it'll be just nice for us.

garf

hey jan..

mine is nt corner flat...corner ones are 5 room..my block got only 4 and 5 rooms..

hahhaa...the price very reasonable hor..maybe u all can try turning ur direction into bishan area liao...
my MIL staying nearby,so tinking it will be convenient to drop by her hse for dinner after jogging at bishan park..

jul

Jan

I got mine from a shop at Far East Plaza. The shop sells all sorts of hair things : scrunchies, clips, rubber bands, chopsticks etc. Also got earrings, rings, & some clothes.

But I think quite a lot of places sell them. Try Sinma or Chameleon.