(2004) Brides of year 2004

silver

Gd morning gals,

I dreamt of going PP n saw 2 make up artist doing make up for 2 brides and their make up very ugly! Weird I not been thinking abt make up leh....

clueless2705

PP actually suggested that we look at those foreign bridal magazines for ideas... and she showed me two mag from France,(I think)... designs are quite nice and unique... different from the various local magazines... i personally think that the local mag look almost the same one lei..

jul

Jan

I haven't even started thinking abt WG design, now u wanna make me panicked abt EG design. So evil! clipart{lol}

R u really gog to start so early?

I think there are more & more headaches coming. First the shop, then the design, then the shoes & accessories. Sigh...

jul

Silver

U too obsessed with bridal shop already. Must relax... Breath in, breath out..
biggrin.gif

jul

Yan

What waa ur FIRM idea anyway?

I agree that all the local designs look the same. And the same bridal shops will advertise in the mags. That's why no pt buying so many bridal mags in the first place (actually I'm just lazy to flip thru *hee*)

babestaurus

Morning on a cool thursday...

Hi Silver,
U like me ya... thk of my hairdo till hv bad dreams... haa haa! But i guess ur too stress over BS thing...

Hi Jan, Jul & Yan,
Yeah... we gals are too fickle minded! Want these want that... see ppl hv we oso feel like hving! Girl's nature i guess (canot blame)... hee hee! Im not like you gals tht fickle minded! I just cant decide worrying that i might regret after that...etc

Hi Ever,
You go see the MARS huh? Btw, i saw it last nite... hv u?

clueless2705

jul,

initially wanted bustier with fishbone, and ballgown for WG... a CS for EG... and for cocktail dress, a dress design i saw at one of the BS.. dun noe how to describe..

now shaken liao... maybe let the tots settled down first, cos the bridal show images are still fresh on my mind...

another thing is that during the show, they have very nice head piece... its quite drama but i think they are nice... so still thinking of whether to have that drama mama look or not??

jann

yeah yan, pp showed me the foreign mags and think some of the designs not bad leh.... she's quite creative loh.. she said her mags are very ex! Correct, local mags are almost the same! And also agree with u, tot i also got firm design that i want but NO!!

alamak! silver, u also got nightmare!! haha! U better chope and see which MU artist u like from pp and then book first... hehe..

jann

wat Yvonne, u saw the MARS?!?!! I tot it's really small and late, so didnt both, catch my beauty sleep more important!!! hahahah!!

yan, when do u intend to confirm ur design? is it in Dec period too?? Coz our BS so fast show us designs make me panic!! hahaha!!

garfield33

Hi!
88 - hehe... i think u are v. cute. Yes, we are getting married in same month... and also cuz this thread is May04 thread, so all of us here are getting married in May04. ;-)

jann

yes Yvonne, heard of Ponnie Hsu...for me, I dun really like her MU... Yan, u can see her adverts in HWB or female... I prefer Sarah Tan/kenneth lee and in previous style mag, i like Jacelyn tay's MU by majorie teo.. I prefer something light
happy.gif

silver

Hihi...

Yvonne & Jul,
But I not been thinking much abt make up leh... Now I am feeling so tired cos nv sleep well.

Ponnie is pretty popular ya n always adv in mag. Does WL tie wif her?

I forgotten abt the MARS! Nice?

Gals I also like you cannot decide on the design. The few I saw all diff designs hehehe

fencnef

hallo everybody..

her world brides sep mag is out..there's divine show coming up at GCW, and also there's tunglok fair coming up at club chinois next mth too..
happy.gif

trixie..
my BS and photography same as u lah..
happy.gif
so ur fren gg to do her trial makeup at twp? so gd dat u are able to view the phenomenon..haha
happy.gif
i haven't seen mavis' skills b4 loh..

fantasy

Hi cubby,

I'm with frederick lee. Me kiasu. have already book my package with him in May.
Not getting early, got to quickly search ard for your choice bridal studio
happy.gif

I'm luckier than u. Just completed my renovation. Another load off my mind. Hotel settle, bridal studio settled, now can fully concentrate on wedding preparation.

So Fairymoss = mimosa = mimosatay... so cute. Must inform in advance mah... kekeke... I fully agree with you about being prudent about spending. Have spent a bomb on renovation and no lesser on furnishing. Now got to quickly save up else might have to end up postponing honeymoon... kekekee...

Onee,
My bridal studio too dont sponsor suits for Dad, FIL and brother... Luckily my FIL and BIL can handle on their own. My headache will only be my mum, dad and MIL.

babestaurus

Hi Jan & Silver,
WL has got their own MU artists, photographers & designers, I oreadi booked mine... hee hee! All-In-One shop no hassle......
wink.gif

Hi Yan,
I thk Ponnie Hsu has got her own makeup studio...etc. She has got her own website too maybe you can check it out!

trixie

hi fencnef,
oops sorry, i'm really getting all the 'biodata' mixed up!
biggrin.gif
when r you going to have your trial makeup? i'll bring camera n see if they allow me to take photos for her. then i show you if you're interested (and provided the bride is okay)
happy.gif

jann

silver, i've roughly seen pp's MU works, but i'm really fussy so didnt like it, i told pp i wanted something light but she says shouldnt be a prob, they can do it too.. So guess, u may wanna tell ur MU in future what colour or type of MU u like..

ingenue78

hi galz...
it has been rather quiet lately.

A & W,
Excited that u r heading back to s'pore? Read yr article. Am impressed!

cin_p cin_p, where r u?!?! My CS is finally completed! me have taken pix of my purple CS, WG and EG. Too bad that the glittering bead work on my CS is not reflected in the photos...mayb my photography skill is really very bad. ;-P

fencnef

hey trixie..

it will be great if you can show me the photos..
happy.gif
my trial will be next yr loh.. so u decided on ur banquet liao? btw, r u a regular at shunji matsuo salon? hmm..i'm wondering whether i shld try shunji-san himself for my 1st time visit, or other stylists leh..

babestaurus

Heard 6th Sept 2003 alone, WL has got 30 over couples married on that day! I guess all forces are out on that day... haa haa! Everywhere can see bridal cars... hee hee!

I saw e MARS is just up in e sky, norm eye sight can see it! Orangie in color and pretty bright... Is best that you go to an open land / beach where no bldgs ard, can admire better!

jann

wah Yvonne, WL got over 30 couples!!! hahahaa!! Think they must employ temp staff to help out too!! hehehe..

Oh, so wat time did u see the MARS?

garf

hallo everybody..

i'm an oct 2004 bride..actually i wanna choose july but due to work constraints frm hubby,so we scrape off the idea loh..
happy.gif

btw have u gals chose BS for your big day?

babestaurus

Hi Jan,
Ya ya... definitely hv to hire freelance if not hw to do man... haahaa!

Hi Garf,
Yes! We've oreadi got our BS here. What abt you?

garf

hey yvonne..

yeah i've chosen the wedding present..wat abt u?wat is this 30 couples getting married on 6 sept? is dat a gd day to marry? hee...
happy.gif

garf

hey yvonne..

ic..hmm..its a "horse" day..our day is a "horse"day too,as recommended by "fortune teller"..
happy.gif
yeah, its lunar 9th month..

trixie

hi fencnef,
okay, will definitely try to take pics for her. i'm sure she'd want to it, assuming mavis' doesn't stop us for some reason. if she dun mind, then i'll show you, k?
happy.gif

banquet decided liao. booked M Hotel afterall, though i changed to a wkday booking as it's cheaper. we're still worried guests will not believe m hotel wkend price is $800 per table! so now can sleep better
happy.gif

i've gone to shunji's salon for my last few haircuts, but as my hair is long, i dun go very often lor. the last time i went, i was so upset with sunny's cut that i haven't gone back since. but am thinking of asking for another stylist when i go back next. also thinking of perming hair but scared leh! when are you going?

clueless2705

halo... me back from meeting... boring..

hi garf.. welcome.. "Horse day"??? u got your date already??

Yvonne, confirmed the tong shu is out liao right?? a friend of mine say that her hubby's priest says that its not out yet... so is it out or not??

think a lot of people will be going to "see" the dates now, since its already the 8th month already..

clueless2705

30 couples on the 6th??
then assuming each makeup artist do 2 makeup each day, then they need to have 15 makeup artists, and 30 actual day photographers, if all 30 couples take their AD photography...

that's a lot of business man..

jul

Yvonne

U booked the makeup artist so early????

I missed the MARS sighting leh. A bit regretful. Shd have tried to look c look c.
sad.gif

jul

Hi garf!
happy.gif

What u mean horse day? Next yr is goat right?

We've all booked out bridal shops. Only a handful haven't confirmed the hotel yet.

clueless2705

Jan, Jul & Yvonne

what is the maximum tables that ur hotel can take?? I am presently helping a friend source for hotel venue... she need at least 50 tables..

Yvonne, u know the max for both PP & GWC??

Any idea which other hotels, (mid upper range) can take up to 60+ tables?

Thanks ladies

jul

Yan

I think GCW can take 60 tables. Cramped, but at least big enough.

Mine can take 50 only, I think. Hilton also quite big, but I think less than 60 tables.

ever

Hi gals, rushing out something juz now and when i'm back, i got a shock!!! so many postings within 2 or 3 hrs? heehehehee....
lol.gif

jan, dont think i visiting other BS to get ideas... i roughly know what i want liao... juz try similar gowns at J&M loh... if those designs dont suit me, then i'll think of alternatives!!
happy.gif
so, see when my co-ordinator wants me to go down and start designing loh... will ask her to plan my schedule after my ROM is over... dont want them to forget about me!!!
wink.gif

jul, didnt go pak tor lah... met some frens for dinner... so tired, cant make it to gym today... *sigh*

yvonne, i didnt see the mars leh... thought its a tiny dot in the sky... me didnt bother to "search" thru the sky...

yvonne, you using the same MU artist for yr ROM and actual day? actually, a bit scared cos they're not doing trial MU for me before my ROM... my co-ordinator suggested that i do the trial MU during fitting of gowns, so that i can hav an overall feel and it'll be nearer to my PS day...

silver, dont worry... will hav trial MU mah... think you too stressed over yr BS stuff!!

welcome, garf!

garf

hi yan,jul,yvonne and ever..
happy.gif

next yr is the yr of monkey, however every day there's an animal attached to it..6 sept happens to be a day of the horse..
happy.gif

haf u guys romed aldy?mine was last yr december and planning for customary next yr oct..
yup! mi got a date aldy after having our dates read..booked banquet liao...errm..duno wat to do next,other dan flipping mags and looking around for gown designs..
happy.gif

fencnef

hey trixie..

for the pix, thks in advance!
happy.gif
i heard comments frm gals who had tried mavis' makeup skills is gd loh,so probably i wouldn't be too worried abt it..
btw, wat is the ting u worried abt guests and the hotel weekend price?
har really ah..i've always gone to my aunt's place for haircut..however all along i'm interested in jap style of colouring and styling..i oso tinking to perm hair too!!is it costly to perm??i've been having rebonded hair for too long..hee..
happy.gif

pebbles

Hi girls,
eighteight,
hey u getting married on my bday leh..eheheh, anyway,i also going to start my renovation soon, my customery will be on the 6th of may, what abt yrs???and my first appt will be in nov same as garfield, think that time frame will be good enough for them to come out with something nice, not to worry i also have no idea what im looking for in my gown ah, so no worries, take yr time, look around and comm is really very important must tell your designer what u like and what u dun like

Garfield,
no leh, i didn't buy, so many bridal magz at home liao, dun think i want to spend anymore, u bough it ah, any nice stuff inside this issue, hey u not KS lah, i also bought my shoes liao...ahahah, since u find something u like might as well get it rite rather than leave it till last min..
happy.gif
then im also in the midst of doing up my guest list liao...think better do it early and do touching up at the end , better that way ah else later hit panic button

hey girls very excited leh , going to perth tomolo liao...

babestaurus

Hi Yan,
I guess the tongshu is out oreadi... but my Shifu dun need the tongshu to see the auspicicious date/time! Not sure how he did it but I guess trustable la...

Thk GCW & Pan Pac Grand Ballroom can cater for ard 60 tables. Maybe yr friend can try call them up to confirm.

Hi Jul,
Yeah... hv to book the MU artist and photographer earlier cos WL got few of them and some are quite popular, if i specifically want that person i need to tell them early n chop them 1st... haa haa!

Hi Ever,
Actually the MARS not tht BIG, but is very prominent and shining. You gals can stl see it these 2 days after which it will slowly diminished...

Btw, im using my TRIAL makeup for my ROM. Thk I've got confident in my MU artist cos she is very experienced and has got good comments on her in the forum. Also, I've met up n talk to her before, so feel quite relieved.

jann

Hello!!

Me just went for lunch and so many msg!!!

Btw gals, i just bot a clip for my hair, went to this shop near my office.. but the lady boss so yaya, say she not free to show me, well heck lah, the clip is cheap so just bot to try.. saw a gal there trying the clip to bun up hair, very nice!!! So will go home today to practice!! hehhee!

Jul, next year monkey year, think u confused! heheh..

yan, my hotel got 3 ballrooms, small, medium, big, so for 60 pax guess will be the big ballroom, can hold up to max 100 tables! PP sure can hold 60 or more at their grand ballroom got abt 100 tables!

Ya ever, me also tot just a small dot up in the sky, so didnt bother! haha!

hi garf, welcome!
happy.gif

garf

hey jan..

such yaya boss ah..i would be pretty pissed off and left the shop without getting anything loh..
happy.gif
i'm nt sure the clip which you bot is the type dat got "2 teeth" wan..i bot something like dat and its quite fun trying to do the bun wif it... have a great time wif it!
happy.gif

btw which BS did u engage wif?

babestaurus

Hi Garf,
None of us hv our ROM yet! Mine is the 1st among all in coming sept... hee hee! Feeling excited cos 10 more day to go only...

Btw, which hotel u booked for yr wedding dinner?

jann

no leh.. Yvonne, i already ROM leh.. haha..

garf, mine is 6 teeth one, saw the lady doing it very nice, but i'm actually trying now, but cant stay up leh.. how to do? sighs...

oceans

Hi <font color="aa00aa">Smurfy</font>, had the photos been taken out??
uhoh.gif
Sorry, me mus be the latest. Can you let me see? Please......
30873.gif

<font color="ff6000">Mee Mee</font>, i see your photo liao!!
biggrin.gif
That is a trial session on makeup right? I think the makeup was very natural and you really looked so cheerful and sweet. I like the <font color="0077aa">light blue cheong sum</font>

<font color="0000ff">Blue lake</font>, no, you are not the slowest. You still got me! I also have not take measurement yet. Will be going down next sat. Hope can see something nice as I have recently put on weight.

Jiat luck, instd of slimming down, i put on weight and our wedding is jus less than 6mths time. Me still not select actual day photography yet!!
lame.gif

garf

yvonne..congrats!
happy.gif

it was a nice rom experience for us...*dreaming away*....
jan...errr...6 teeth type ah..i'm nt sure whether urs can twist the clip back to orginal position or else it won't stay..dats how i do lah..sorrie dun have visual aids to help..it may be easier and neater if u braid ur hair ..
happy.gif