(2004) Brides of year 2004

dolphin

CC2: Huh, that bad ah? Tt means u hv to spend extra $$$ in getting ur WG fm Allure? Hv u ask French for MTM WG? & wat abt ur EG & Tea-dress from them? Wat abt ur package wif French? Did they give u discounts or more photos in rtn?

Jamci: Oh no! It didn't occur to me tt my photos will be developed in Taiwan.... hmm, will rem to chk tt out.

Sunflower: Which bridal boutique u signed wif?

Oh no! Think I'm starting to get panicky.....

cyn

this thread seems to be dying... so quite...

angel, so qiao to bump into u again.. forest said we quite "you yuan"... how's ur preparations? ve u booked ur church, banquet & bridal shop?

ino, when's ur fitting? for both WG & EG? ve u settle ur flat thingy?

pebbles & blurydoey, yup, PS coming.. end of sept. hope i can lose some weight by then. rite now looking forward for my EG fitting. another real headache is now flat.. trying to get one b4 jan.. hopefully can make it.

oh yah, forest & binbin, ve u seen the demo?

shinchan

Hi CC2,
Guess I'm might be the earliest bride in this thread, mine falls on 6 Mar 04.

Hi Sunflower,
My bridal package with Bridal Zone is $3838. Yup, the venue is Mandarin Hotel at Orchard...

Hi girls,
Have u felt any anxiety or been busy with wedding prep liao?

I found myself quite free. Dun quite know where, what & how to start.

Ever called my boutique to check when shld I start selecting the gown, told me ard Jul or Aug. But I dun know whether shld I call them or wait for their call when the tinme is ripe... *sigh*

jul

Hi gals, I'm back from a >3 hr meeting. Major xian man, esp when I dunno what's gog on most of the time. Then my colleague msg-ed me saying that my boss was looking for me. Aiyah, why like that? As if I was eating snake somewhere! And it's a male boss, not female boss! *sigh*
sad.gif

Zen,
It's gd that ur parents are not pantang. Just hope that those pesky relatives dun start to add salt add vinegar.

Jan,
U know how civil service works right? *sigh* Sometimes I think my job not very worth it. On one hand, u get ple like HXX spoiling makt, making everyone else think that civil servants got nothing to do & are highly paid. On the other side, u have me, working like siao, nobody appreciates, even think that I got nothing to do *sigh*

Ever,

U still having ur tai tai dream?
happy.gif
Thanks for consoling me, I guess I keep telling myself that times r hard, grin & bear with it lor.

Actually, I'll do my permanent place up nicely, but I think I want a very gd location. So better not spend too much on reno now, esp since we're cash-strapped.

Yvonne,

Not true that civil servants all have gd life ok. Just take me for eg, work like mad, pay like dirt, then still kena 'screwed' for no reason
sad.gif

Yan,
Wah, so gd, no boss ard. So what model & brand is ur new toy? I'm thinking of getting one too, but dunno which is gd. So many brands on the mkt, confusing! Is ur ankle much better already?

Silver,
There's a short-cut? How come I dunno?

Let's meet at PF entrance at 5 pm next Tue. I dun have ur bf's no, do u think u cud let him know? *hee* Thanks!

The Jurong West flats are very terrible. Too ulu! I was there on Mon evening, then the moment I stepped out of MRT, I saw hawkers selling mangoes, durians etc on the floor. The place was so crowded. Jurong Point was full of foreign workers. I think maybe I'm too used to being central & east kid, so a bit culture shock!

jan

hello!
happy.gif

hehe... Jul, lost in raffles place? Haha, last time b4 i worked in raffles place i was very lost too!

silver, ur friend's house very cheap leh! 5rm for 192k!!! wow!! If there's such an offer for u to choose next time, maybe u can consider!
happy.gif

wow.. yan, ur bf so nice.. wah, so now busy playing with ur new toy huh!! For me, i'm also not a very technical person lah, like ever, it's our guy that are more of the tech person.. haha..

I

ino

hi cin_p,

no lah...my bridal shop is like a snail...my first fitting is in late august leh...and my PS is in mid-sept.

as for flat...aiya...dilemma...trying desperately to get a flat soon...but buying flat is very difficult coz it needs to satisfy several "minimum criteria". ;-P

aiyoyo...wat am i missing huh? wat demo? paiseh...me veri kpo.

doreamon

HI Ino,

U are welcome. During my search for venue, i find it a big hassle to go after hotels/ restaurants for quotation so thought of setting up the briefcase and share with all gals for the information.
happy.gif

U looking for a tailor made CS? Did u see the seamstress contact that i have in the briefcase? I think u can call her if u interested. For a short CS, i don't think will be ex. Her price inclusive of material and workmanship.
happy.gif

Hi Pebbles,

I got the gown, shoes, bag, photography, make-up artist settled liao. Yesterday night, went to the Oaks so FH quite impressed with the place. Hence, i think he is more comfortable now with the Oaks. Should finalised the venue soon. Keeping my finger crossed. Wish me luck
happy.gif

Hmmmm....my doggie is very very naughty. Damaged my TV console. Real damage. The corners are chipped off and the sides are decorated with his teeth mark.
sad.gif
FH very angry, threatening to sell away him. Everyday, i went home praying that he is not biting anymore.

How is your wedding prep?
happy.gif

ever

Hi jul, you worked there since you graduated?? wah, two years only and you hav had enough of civil service!! hahahahaha.... guess there's pros and cons of working for the govt.... at least the benefits are not bad!! try working for a local firm.... that's worse!! miss the benefits given by my ex-firm, though not a lot lah... but still better than local companies!! they juz give the minimum loh.... like 14 days of annual leave....

you not used to Jurong west?? heehehee... me too!!
wink.gif
cant get used to so many people!!! last time, i used to walk past JP on sunday nites.... its scary!!! really lots of foreign workers.... now, much better.... only takes the MRT from Boon Lay sometimes...
happy.gif

yan

Jul - mine is a canon ixus 400. i am also not a technical person.. see the camera quite nice, so ask my bf to go do research.. heehee.. if u wanna buy digi camera, can do check up this website for more info and reviews. www.dpreview.com

Ankle ok liao, but still in a bandage... have to go and change medicine every other day.. dun know whether really necessary or not, or the doc simply wanna to squeeze more $$ out of me...

Jan -- have not play with my toy yet.. i was charging the batt last nite, so still havn't got the chance to "on" the camera yet..

gakusei

Hi gals,

Have the "tong shu" out yet? How u gal select ur date? Me wanna to held mine in March but NOTHING was done yet.....
sad.gif

P

putise baby

hi girls...

hope you all dun mind me interrupting... saw jul's posting (you are Jul-04 from Sheraton Towers thread right?
happy.gif
) that you'll be at PF at Suntec next tues... me work out there and i go for combat classes on tues... mebbe can meet up with you there..

sorry last time you came down to pick up the mags i cldn't talk to you much 'coz of my mumps :p

hi other Jul-04 BTBs...
i'm putise baby, my wedding on 22 Nov-03. dinner at Sheraton Towers and bridal is Silver Lining...
happy.gif
nice to meet you all

blurydoey

cin_p,
sure can one dun worry...still got time to lose, but dun worry the photographer knows how to angle the poses..n also too skinny wont look nice on photos too..so must be apportionate..

Now I am having headache on either to diy wedding favours or just go buy the wedding favours..dun want to spend so much..

doremon,
just tell your hubby its a new unique design...although I dun have pets, but I think most dogs will bite stuff...its rather inevitable..

pebbles

Cin P,
wow, u and AngelBB always bump into each other ah, i hardly bump to u girls in the gym leh..not fated ah...
sad.gif

wow so yr ps is pretty soon hor, excited or not..?? i also agree with u this thread very quiet hor think most of the girls move on to the individual month thread liao...oh yeah, hey u very slim liao lah dun need to lose anymore, think u will look just rite for your ps and wedding unlike me ah..then problem,confirm need to lose more weight...

Ino,
please dun give yrself too much stress ah, yr wedding also in jan ah, i cannot remember liao...also nowadays hardly update the list so hardly look at it ..can't remember..ehhe..
happy.gif
u intend to get your house before your wedding ah..if really can't get then how..stay with your in laws is it

Doreamon,
wow, looks like u r almost done with yr rom prep liao hor...good for u..
happy.gif
for me, i have confirmed with kelvin for my actual day photographery and will be getting my cousin to do videographery for me then nothing much left cos hotel also confirm liao, will be going to BZ for gown fitting as im borrowing a WG from them for my perth ps in sept either than that nothing much, now sourcing for contractor lor..then hopefully can start renov after my perth ps..

hey your doggie very naughty boy ah, maybe u can get those spray from the pet shops and spray them on those things that he bite on, dun worry lah, your hubby won't sell him away, so cute, got feelings one,

binbin

hi ladies! hehheee....so happy to see so many mesgs..
happy.gif
but beri blur, dunno who to reply to hehehee...
happy.gif

cc2 and dolphin, so ur bridal is french at funan huh? went past there before..
happy.gif

sunflower, me not sure if club chinios is funky lah, just an impression only...hhheee...but since u say got ppl hold weddings there b4 then it must be good!
happy.gif

sunflower,dolphin and baobao, actuali i dun think mine is same day as urs lah! hehehhee...coz just realised if i count by weeks, mine is in the 3rd week, it's a sat...
happy.gif
happy.gif

so jamci, perhaps same day as urs? is urs weekday or weekend???

hi shinchan and all...i think i have not started feeling the excitement yet, though i AM enjoying the preparations...
happy.gif
i have went to my first appointment with Divine alreay. have confirmed my wedding gown....but still thinking of evening gown..... having my first fitting for WG later this month..
happy.gif

aiyoh...u know what?? girls, we seem to be beri wary of revealing our dates to each other hhehehehee.....so cute....perhaps all of us have diff reasons....some are shy??? ;) i was thinking if al of us keep referring to it as which week which day, we will be super blur next time! hehhehee....i am tabulating a summary of the weeks below...pls confirm kae? hehehhee......

ShinChan 6 March
CC2 2nd week thursday
Jamci 3rd week (dont know which day
happy.gif
)
binbin 3rd week saturday
Dolphin 4th week saturday
Sunflower 4th week sunday
happy.gif

what about the rest huh???
25742.gif

binbin

hi gakusei....dun think the tongshu is out yet. i think all of us either select the date that is meaningful to us, or we ask a fengshui master to calculate for us. they are able to do that, up to many many years in advance....
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Yan,
Did you see today THE STREATS? Got Canon camera promotion, dun know whether you've seen it? Canon IXUS400 is selling $899 now! Saw another slightly older model selling at $699...hee hee!

Hi Jul & Ever,
I also not used to staying at the West! I would very much prefer to find a house at the east, north or north-east rather than west!

Hi Putsie Baby,
Welcome to this thread! So u must be feeling very excited cos' 4 more months to go for yr BIG DAY!

binbin

hey hey! i havent move to individual threads lah! hehheee....always been peaping in to see ur postings...but none addressed to me so i din post..
happy.gif

cin_p, no me have not manage to see the video leh....will definitely let you know after i see it yar!!??? when u ladies going citra sari? can not so soon? me no money...hehhee...... but just let me know lah....

binbin

yah doremon, why not buy those bitter apple sprays or other kinds that repel dogs...they dun like the taste so they will learn not to bite...

is urs ur JRT?
happy.gif

ccy

Hi Shirley!

Welcome...hey, J&C is a gd bridal shop. My friend is using their services now and she said the designer is v. gd.

P

putise baby

hi hi...

just call me putise can liao... me actually go to FBO more but just found out co banned access to FBO site so cannot go in during office hours anymore
sad.gif

me not v excited leh... all my gowns are done... waiting for PS on 20 Aug.. nothing much to do now. hahahaha... just to continue my weight loss mission...

actually after you have settled your BS and photographer, nothing much to do... heheheh... but i still haven't done my church programme :p

yan

hi yvonne, i got my set from that roadshow.. i paid $944 cos i bought extra memory card..

putise -- i recall seeing you name under FBO. the thread on silverlining is very very very very active... i have a hard time catching up with the posts... think the last time i checked, it already has more than 300 pages liao.. scary thou..

i went into the thread to find out more abt jit, maybe you can tell me more here... is his workmanship good? heard he one man show, will he have problem if his business gets better? can he cope?? i read that he got too busy and forgot to call brides up for their fittings and that the brides have to call and chase him.. is it true? cannot try his gowns cos they all belong to others, so how to see whether his work good or not? or whether is his style suitable for u?
sorry for the long list of queries..

silver

Hi Jul,
Ok I will let him know. See you at 5!

As for to far east sq, actually not exactly short cut but i usually go by republic plaza n cut across golden shoes. Err.. abit hard to explain to you over here hehe.

Hi Yvonne, Jan, ever & Jul,
Me too also dun really like jurong area otherwise there r WIS avaible for that areas.

Hi putise,
Welcome! So you are a PF member too? Myself is wif the Far East Sq and next tue is meeting Jul to view the suntec branch.

Hi yan,
Oh ve to go back everyday? For how long?

Btw, my bf was saying let him know b4 you go down to sunect branch cos he himself dun station there so in case you go down may not find them. Thanks ya.

pebbles

hahaha...oh miss binbin is back...have not seen your posting for so the long ah...
so how's your wedding prep??? confirm all your church wedding decor??? u started your renov ??

ever

Hi putise!! i thought SB forum more active than FBO??

yvonne, FBO is femalebridesonline....
happy.gif
most of us seems to be east/north-east people!!!

yan, you havent sign up with bridal shop?? oh, so it's yvonne who signed up with white link?!?! *confused**confused* take care, k?? think can dont go back to the sinseh after a few visits... can juz rub on yr own....

cyn

ino, demo arh.. i passed them 2 video demo done by my fren.. i find his work not bad. most probably i shd be engaging him for my actual day. u interested in the demo? hope he has more ppl to help. hee.. ours on the same day lah.

blurydoey, i ever thought of DIY favours.. but my FH sure nags at me... waste money & time... =( but i jus like to ve some ideas for everything single things.

pebbles, our gym timing very diff lah.. now i hardly go leh. ve u been gog? PS arh... dun ve the mood yet.. maybe i haven seen my EG yet.. how's ur preparation?

binbin, i think we wont be gog soon.. we no money too.. hee... i've jus finished the facial package. thinking of gog BI trial, at least i can compare who is better.. u're with them rite? how u find their facial? who's ur beautician?

ino, i totally agreed tat buying house is not simple. i even had a fight with FH over this =(

jul

Hi gals! Super busy! I'm off for another 3 hr meeting again! *aarrggh* I hate my job!

Catch up with u gals later
happy.gif

yan

poor jul -- i can understand the frustration of long long meetings.. cos i often get those as well. terrible waste of time

binbin

hi hi pebbles! hhehe...where got? i got post leh, u din see oni mah... ;) no have not see any church deco yet, have not visited linda if that's what u mean..
happy.gif
coz FH's priest said sometimes may have couples having wedding on same day...if so, can share deco mah...or else too troublesome to remove and put up again...can save money somemore! hehhee....so we waiting until a few more months see if got couple book the church after/before us or not....see if they wanna share..
happy.gif

house renovating now.....ID wife just give birth, so now is a lull period....not so soon finish..
happy.gif

cin_p!! hehhhe all of us pockets empty empty yar? :p yes i am with BI. tried their facial many months ago. din sign up with them THEN coz i prefer those nice soothing spa-like ambience kinda place... so i went renewal day and others. but now...read so much about how BI facials show effects....and i also do know that the ladies there are beri nice... hehhehe.... i like their service, beri sincere loh. esp jessica (the owner) very talkative and cute. so i sign up for their peelactic facial course during the GSS. only paid $63 per facial for course of 6. wan peelactic coz i have acne scars and one big deep congestion. heard it helps. i am not with any specific ones...coz i wanna try all 3 therapist before i commit to one. but my eye treatment course is with Jessica. for facial, have tried emily before (heard she's thorough with extraction). 1st peelactic done by Jess. next one on the coming monday will be done by Josephine.
happy.gif
i am going next monday....u wanna join????? their promotion now is 6 course get 1 free or 10 get 2 free. each course now comes with free basic starter kit which is beri good. i bought one recently. and they use dermalogica products which are non-comodogenic and free of mineral oil....

yvonne

Aiyo... poor jul! Marathon meeting all the way...

Ever, thanks for the explanation. Initially find it very confusing cos too many short terms like FH, MIL, SIL, FH, BS, WG, PS...etc! Now more experienced liao...hee hee!

shinchan

gakusei - Yup, agree with binbin. Cos that what I did.

Wanted to choose a date meaningful to us but doesn't fall on a sat, hence we found a master to calulate a date that doesn't "chong" with the bride, groom & parents, and that's our date liao...But that's bcos both parents not particular, so it's easier for us to decide...

If u really wants to be Mar'04 bride, u gotta be quick. Otherwise u may not be able to book a venue of your choice... Provided u r willing to settle for a wkday...

cyn

binbin, i'm awared of their promo. i also prefer those spa-like place. alot of good comments lor.. tat's why feel like trying so i can compare with citra sari. both also using derma pdts. i asked lynn, the lady at citra sari, to recommend some pdts for me.. so might ask my fren to get from BI since BI members have 20% off rite.. next mon cant leh.. i jus went facial last sat. so thinking next mth. how often do u go for facial?

zen

Hi all, i book from otani hotel and Bridal zone from ms.

Silver
Just to check with you, did any of your relative make any comment??

P

putise baby

hi hi..
happy.gif

yan... yeah SL thread at FBO is super duper active.. i got to know 4 beautiful babes through the thread... all SL brides.. now good frens
happy.gif
we oredi done SL 1,2, now onto 3rd thread liao... all got 200+ pages each... hahahaha!!
okie... jit sao is very busy!! and he does forget sometimes, but so far never missed any deadlines... i think we as brides are more gan cheong... so if 2 weeks before PS, why still no call for trial MU?? but NO worries, he'll call, just a bit last minute
happy.gif

also the best thing abt him is that ALL his gowns have VERY good workmanship!!! *thumbs up* i did a full lace gown WG with jit... very nice!! and workmanship's soooo good!! i also like my teadress and EG (but not the colour of my EG :p)
you can try jit's OTR gowns which he made early last yr for his shows... of course you can't try the brides ones 'coz they're MTM, unless the bride has worn them... can try one... some of us SL brides, nothing to do will go down to chit chat with jit sao and try the gowns... hee hee...anyway yan.. come into SL thread and we will tell you more
happy.gif

silver... yeah me PF member since Apr02
happy.gif
signed up at the great world branch but only goes to suntec one now
happy.gif

errh... ever.. FBO is MUCH more active than SB... the postings there are very very fast...
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Zen,
We went Hotel New Otani last sun for the Graceful Image bridal show. Hmm... the ballroom looks ok! How much you pay for bridal zone?

binbin

hi cin, if u want i can also get the products for you ah?
happy.gif
what are u thinking of buying anyway? just curious...

well, coz mine is peelactic course, usually advices to go more frequently or else effect not there.... i have to go every 7 - 10 days now.... next monday is 2nd one...
happy.gif
Before this peelactic course i only go once a month. sometimes can go 3 months without one.. :p

sure! next month if you wanna meet me to go BI just let me know...
happy.gif

keann

Pebbles:i am staying in Yew tee..we got this new flat last year.....from the walk-in selection
I haven't really look into photography for the actual day....they are so many out there....i tik i will look for one end year

Zen: Hi zen...well, i dun have the contacts right now..cos not home...but will post it up sometime later today..i got it off this forum somewhere.....

Hope everyone is having good fun..weekend is coming...like it matters to me...kekekeke...cos holidaye everyday!

cc2

Hi Dolphin,
I have MTM WG n EG in the package. I just went to French a couple of days ago. Saw those gowns in shop, personally I don’t really like them and I’m sure they will ask u to top up $$$ when u ask for more beadings or embroidery. I saw this WG with quite a lot of details in Allure Charix so I bought it lor! As for the package with French, I’m converting to PS only. I have a classmate who is a French cum March bride, she’s converting to PS only too
sad.gif

Hi Shinchan,
Mine is just a few days after urs
happy.gif

Looks like most of u gals having it on weekends ah? Only me having it on weekdays
sad.gif

ever

Hi putise, me must drop by FBO forum when free!!
happy.gif
hhmm... actually wanted to sign up with Jit, but decided to save some $$...so... if not, can join you gals as SL brides!!!
happy.gif
why you call him Jit sao???

Hi zen, heard Bridal zone not bad, rite?? but i always see white link and everbliss there only... didnt see bridal zone's shop leh...

Is Hotel New Otani's banquet by Tung Lok Group?? then the food shld be nice!!

forest

hi ladies,

wah.. finally this thread is active again... aiyo.. i hve been coming in everyday.. but no one 2 talk to...
sad.gif

wat's more.. my wedding plans not fixed yet... so, not much prep for now.........

pebbles,
how hve u been? still busy with ur new prj? any luck with ur ID search?
happy.gif

kekek.. i was telling cin_p yesterday, when we saw angelbb, tt she n angelbb very 'you yuan'... cos' they keep bumping into each other!!
lol.gif

ino,
take it easy... where r u planning to buy ur flat? wat min criterias do u hve??
biggrin.gif

doreamon,
wow... so nice to hear tt u've gotten ur ROM prep all ready... now, jus wait for the day to come only... kekeke...
happy.gif

oh...my dog was jus like urs... but they will outgrow it when they stop teething lor.. how old is ur dog oredi?

binbin,
ya lor.... my pocket got deep hole now... so no $ to go citra sari to try their pkgs... im also waiting to hve enuff vit m to go st greg's to try their promo tt u sent to us... tt is still very tempting!!
biggrin.gif

abt BI... me also wanna trial leh.. actually, i wanna try both sothys n BI.. cos' i've no facial pkg now.. n hvent gone for facial since may! now, there's 1 huge open pore rite in the middle of my cheek, with a few other breakouts!! *eeeewwww* eh.. do give us ur ratings of the diff therapists at BI k...
biggrin.gif

cin_p,
oops... i hvent seen the vcd yet leh... too lazy every nite leh... n u know lah.. spending all my time on flipping the papers lor...
sad.gif

blurydoey,
u wanna diy ur wedding favours? wat do u hve in mind??? jus kpo kpo ah.... kekeke
biggrin.gif