(2004) Brides of year 2004

jan

hello!
happy.gif

I'm back again!

Jul, actually depends on u, since u'll be having church wedding, guess not necessary to change into tea dress. Tea dress can be anything u like, long, short, cheong sum, or sari, kebaya etc etc also can!!!
lol.gif
Or like wat ever said, u can borrow from Thomson, think they shld be able to lend u...
happy.gif

Yeah, Jit very busy, heard some things must constantly remind him.. so only this then i'm quite afraid. Well Jul, heard good comments plus the package seems quite ok priced loh...

binbin

hi pebbles and Lin, perhaps it's better if u sign up with somewhere else......dunno, that's my own opinion lah, really. really up to you.
happy.gif
actuali, if u do not talk to the sales staff (one of them quite ah lian), and do NOT experience their massage, u will find the place itself quite nice. the corridor leading to the treatment rooms is actuali quite nice and spa-like, natural looking with slate tiles and pebbles and soft lighting. but that's about all lah.

pebbles, why not buy your parents spa botanica in sentosa if your budget can afford?
happy.gif
neber tried that but should be reaaaalll nice. read a spa mag called spa odyssey featuring the top 10 spas in the world. singapore was listed!
happy.gif
and Spa botanica and Aviva spa is one of them.

Lin, perhaps u can try looking around first b4 u commit to those bridal packages. be careful and make sure u try their work first, and check out the place. do a calculation to confirm the price is reasonable before you sign. some places hard sell, but some dun. those that do will confuse u with the many many figures that u will find yourself nodding your head....hehehhee.....

yvonne

Hi Jul,
Checked my mailbox yday...hvnt got the invitation cards yet!!! I called them up yday they said cos i sent in my cheque late tht's Y i might get my cards late. If I didnt get it by 2molow, I will go down still cos they hv e records there already. Btw, isit 1st com 1st serve basis? If yes, must go early to CHOP seats hoh! Haa.. KS pattern agn!

Hi Ever,
Ya.. mayb u can ask JIT whether he needs a coordinator anot? Part Time for wkend... free trial of wedding gown as n when u like? Haa...sounds fun ya! Oops... DAY DREAMING!!!

meimei

Hi all jie jie,

Can I join in?
happy.gif
I am quite new to this forum and hope can seek a helping hand from all the sisters like you all.
happy.gif

Do anybody know what are the boutiques participating in the coming her world show? Would like to attend but don't know whether there will be any of my shortlisted boutiques there.

ever

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Welcome, meimei!!</FONT>

dont call us jie jie leh.... make me feel very old!!! hahahahha.... maybe you can tell us which boutiques you hav shortlisted?? then Jul or Yvonne can let you know if they are participating... but think you need to send in the form and a cheque.... not sure if there's still time....

Is your wedding in July 04 too?!?!

wendylee

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">BINBIN</FONT>/<FONT COLOR="ff6000">PEBBLES</FONT>:
AHhh... so thats the one lah??? Me was allocated to the 3rd floor... when I have to go down 1st floor for bath... then passby the sand-bed... the other time I visited the room... the curtains were not closure... wind blow blow... then ppl outside can see you...
sad.gif
Then when I facing down the bed... seeing the sink... the opp mine sink can see the person liao... tsk tsk!!

Actually going for Ginger massage but in the end... gave me tea-tree oil instead as she said I might not like the ginger smell or very oily... so duno how many tried the promotion...

jul

Hallo!!!! U all wicked gals, wait till I was away then u post so many msgs! *grr*
lol.gif

Ever,
Maybe if I can wear the tea dress again for weddings, then I'll buy lor. But must be able to recycle for many other purposes, or I shan't waste money! *hee*

So TWD's gowns really not bad? Good good! Shall make appt to go down soon. Dunno next weekend I'll be free to pop into the shop for my very first visit?

I'll update u on Charlie's Angels ater this weekend. U can ask Jan too, think she's also watching 2moro.

You shd go into Edit Profile to change the settings. So that when u enter ur passwd, no need to preview the posting.

Hi Jan,
Er... Dun think I wanna wear sari right? All the 'bit's squeezing out *sigh* Reminds me of my gym decision
sad.gif
Really wanna tone up, but sooo lazy
sad.gif

As long as ur budget allows, &amp; u like the gowns, then go for Jit lah. I'm sure he'll do a gd job since so many pple recommend him.

Yvonne,
I also sent my form late. So I also won't get the cards on time. But they called me 2 evenings ago to tell me that it's confirmed. What time u going to 'choap' seats? 12 pm?
lol.gif

I'm not sure what's TWD's website. Maybe the other gals can help?

Hi meimei,
Welcome, but pls dun call us jie jie. Now age very sensitive. I used to hate it when small kids call me auntie. Now when their parents tell them to call me jie jie, I feel so suspicious, like they're trying to be sarcastic!
lol.gif

I think some shops are LeZen Creation, Allure Charix, Flamingo, Golden Horse Awards, &amp; quite a few more. But can't rem, sorry.

jan

hello ladies!
happy.gif

hehehe, yup meimei, dun call us jie jie leh..
lol.gif
If u really wanna go down for the show, maybe it's a bit late, why not give them a call first??

Jul, hopefully will get to watch charlie's angels tom or Sat... scared now cannot get good seats already...
Yup yup, maybe u shld go for a short tea dress, the can easily recycle it and wear for other functions next time!
happy.gif

jan

Yah Jul, want to book thru net but still waiting for 2 other friends to confirm, that's why cant book yet leh...

girlfriend

Choco,

Its always good to start early... dont need to panic when the time draws nearer.

My sketch is ready cos' I am doing my PS in Dec. I need to get the gown ready before my PS.

Again, PS in Dec is to accomodate my FH. If not, we can only do it in March which is too rush...

My wedding is in 2 June 2004, dont know if the date will pass my parents' approval. I am not going to have a church wedding cos' I have already ROM.

yvonne

Hi Meimei,

Welcome!!! If u wanna go for the HWB show, thk must give them a call at 6319 6315 / 6319 6337. Hope it helps... Cheers~

Hi Jul,
U goin at 12! Me very "Pai Mia" (hokkien) sat stl hv to work! Moreover, only entitle 1 sat off each mth! So canot go down at 12 to CHOP e seats liao la. Maybe I'll reach there say abt 1plus...

jul

Hi Jan,
Oic. Well hope they confirm soon. Tickets are selling like hot cakes, coz it's the last week of sch hols *hee*

Hi Yvonne,
Go to Edit profile. There's a part where u check the box to state that u wanna skip the preview. But u have to type in ur paswd each time for this to activate.

jul

Yvonne,
Of course I'm not gog down at 12 lah! I,m also working this Sat, on alternate Sats. I'll finish work at 12.30, then eat, make my way down, think I'll reach earliest 1.30 lor.

choco

hi girlfriend,

My photo shoot is also in Dec! But the bridal studio asked me to go back in late August to choose &amp; make gown...so i'll be going back then.

2 June is a Wednesday...interesting date for wedding dinner
happy.gif
Well, just have to hope &amp; pray tt ur parents will approve of the date! All the best
happy.gif

jan

hello hello!
happy.gif

Just read Life section of straits times. They have this 2 page abt weddings about couples taking overseas photoshoot... But it's somehow like a publicity for this Sat's HW show, so i just called them to ask which bridal taking part, well, just to make sure silverlining is not in it!! hahahaha.. If not i sure go!!

ever

hahahha..... I'm amazed!!! Jan, you actually have time to read Life section during work?!?! cool!!
lol.gif
glad we're all not workaholics...

yvonne

Hi Jan,
Dun worry! Silverlining is not in the participating merchants. Bet he dun even hv time for bridal show...haa (jus kidding)! Oh, i saw photoshoot at the Life section, nothing much! Did any1 going overseas for photoshooting?

jan

Hi Yvonne,

Nope, hahaha, think my hubby wont be interested in overseas shoot!! Can imagine, for local PS think he'll be dragging his feet to do it!!!
lol.gif
Anyway, that's extra costs!!

girlfriend

Choco,

wat a concidential.... which BS?

2 June is Vesak Day, public holiday!

I check the date on the website, its not a good day to get married.. mY FH insisted to go ahead regardless of what happen.. I juz pray ~

silver

Helloooo

Wow so active today ya? I read until blur!

Hey I just back Planet Fitness (suntec branch). My bf went over wif his senior n I happened to be there so went to look see look see. Nv been to CF so dunno any diff
crazy.gif

Jul,
Hey I think you can get Thomson to throw in the tea dress. Usually they r willing to do so.

Jan,
Agreed wif Yvonne that JIT is a busy man due to one man show so some actually worried that can he managed.

Ever,
Jawn's package comes wif 2 MTM men suit? Rare leh...

Btw, how much do you ve to pay for Amore membership n wat does the package consist of?

Yvonne &amp; Jan,
In case you gals are interested, you can visit Yvonne Creative's website http://www.yvonnecreative.com.sg/

Meimei,
Welcome! You are Jul 04 BTB? Book ur venue &amp; bridal?

jul

Hi Jan,
Browsing thru Life during office hrs? *tsk tsk* I think if the HWB show has Silver Lining &amp; overseas PS promotion, u sure go right?
lol.gif

Yvonne,
Me no money to go for overseas shoot either
sad.gif

silver

Hihi...

Binbin,
Where is nirvana located? Sound bad ya.

No problem. How much is Amore huh?

Share wif u gals that I ve a package wif Slimline at Far East Plaza which includes body scub, steam bath n 1 hr massage. Personally find it not bad...

jan

hello silver... hehehe.. tough time with our messages huh!!
lol.gif

Jul, yuppers, if silverlining got participate, sure go one! But Yvonne is right, he's too busy, how can manage!! hahaha.. But i think the show will be quite good, let us know how is it ok!
happy.gif

questy

Hi ccy and Choco,
My tentitive date is 19 June 04, still pending cos Fh's aunt offered to chk it out for us. I just went to Ted collection @ bugis, the package is abt $5k, so still considering, anyone of u tried out tat?

As for honeymoon, I tot to go for a short one when we ROM in Dec, so Bali Hard Rock seemed not bad then. Since we wed in June, it's only Australia which is winter rgt?

As i'm still studying, my banquet and reno is taken care by PIL, so I didn't plan for a budget, I only need to foot for my honeymoon and bridal package, so is $10k enough? Thks for helping hoh! Muacks!

jul

Hi Jan,
Dun worry, got gd lobang I'll sure let u gals know too
happy.gif
Will definitely share share k?

Hi silver,
Dun worry will forgive u
happy.gif
I'm looking at the YC website now.

cyn

binbin, wow dino rustic nirvana is so terok... so privacy at all... better avoid. so are you still gog watercourt with ur hubby?

lin, finally a break to catch ur breath... how long wil you be in japan? which part?

binbin, lin &amp; pebbles... i also tempted to go spa botanica for the bridal package.. managed to get hold of the price list... very ex... their couple package range from $400+$600... i guess shd be good. last weekend, they having a fair at suntec.. they're selling $100 voucher at $80. good buy, which is like 20% off. too bad, i've over spent this mth so din get it.

soupie, binbin &amp; pebbles... i'll be in town this sat afternoon. if you gals are near by, maybe i can pass the demo cd to you. let me know k...

ccy

Hi Questy,

wow... lucky u! Don't have to worry abt banquet, unlike most of us... *envy*
But any idea where will u be having yr banquet yet?

Actually Ted Wu packages are ex.! but... they have real nice gowns! It depends if you personally feel if it's worth it spending so much on bridal package.. cuz u can actually save part of it from there for yr honeymoon.

Wat abt other bridal boutiques?

G

gg

Hi Trixie,

Do u mind sending me the list of hotel packages tt u had got? I oso intending DEC 04 but havent got a date yet as i wan to finish my house reno 1st n hopefulli save up some $$$..

Have u all booked the hotels yet? How long in advance?i am looking at a weekend oso.

Tks very much.

questy

Hi ccy,
He..! Think i'm abit on the luck, but i intend to pay them back later. I think they mentioned abt the resturant in OCBC Bank, FH said the food is good, i've no idea abt it yet, i dun pay so just tk it loh, he......!

It's Ted's collection, diffrent from Ted Wu, but the gown is nice. I've being to X-zen and graceful image, X-zen is another option because of it's service, as for GI, I like the gown but not the sales person, so tat is out of my list liao. I yet to chk out J &amp; C and JLC. But i was thinking, the price is abt the same, so very tempted to tk TC cos still can tk back the gowns instead of 18 photos only. Which bridal boutique did u tk up?

lin

hi binbin,
Ok..i didn't know at spa also hard sell. haix..very thing in singapore seems to be hard sell. goodness... very singaporeans.

hi cin_p,
i thought of getting those facials, massages.

poohbear

Hi Bubbles!
At last, some Jan brides! What have you sorted out so far? At least I have some people on the same time schedule as me now!

I

ino

Hi cin_p/forest,

I went to view the flats at Bt Merah and Dover. These are my findings:

Bt merah -
1) Too Expensive. Installment is going to kill us all. ;-P. It's as good as buying an EC. Besides, the flat px might not appreciate much 5 yrs later since the cost px is already so ex.
2) Low floors left except for Blk 20 (facing other blks). Even if it's low floor, as a Chinese, we can only buy 5-rm...which is very very ex.
3) Some flats are facing the West and is SOOOO hot! We actually tokked to some of the residents there. Most of them need to install air-con in all the rooms.
*sigh*

Plus points: It is so convenient. A few steps away from the MRT and there are so many amenities.

Dover:
1) Very noisy for Blk 18 &amp; 19, increasing noise vol with the higher levels.
2) Blk 17: Not as noisy but it's facing the SUN.
3) Inaccessible (Bet Dover and Buona Vista MRT)...unless you choose to take a bus
4) A lot of vacant units at the higher levels (more ex) as well as levels with flats facing other blks (quite hot as the flats are blocked)

These are basically just my findings. You gals can go take a look and see whether you can tolerate the bad points. Think i'm going to explore other housing options like resale. ;-)

binbin

hi silver, it's at cantonment road.

amore have diff packages. i intend to sign up for the power package once/week one at $180/3 mths. going to take 6 mths, by which i will get one month free using ladies card. one girl from the gym/kickboxing thread suggested using up the 7 months package earlier, so i can go for about 2 times a week. i calculated, did a comparison, and found it's quite okie if i do it this way. anyway, my intensive toning up period should only be upto to march (wedding).....hehhehehee..... after that, when cashflow is better, can then consider long term one. now, just want somewhere where i know i like, all girls, dun have to fight for spce...
happy.gif

cin, yes i am going watercourt with FH on our anniversary....
happy.gif
u in town sat afternoon ah? i think i will also be leh, wanna go bugis to book my amore locker, as well as renew package. which part of town u be in?

Lin, yah loh everywhere hard sell. but dun worry lah, not all are like that...
happy.gif
usually those higher end ones, be it boutique, spa, hotel etc etc, won't hard sell.
happy.gif
coz they know they have a loyal clientale.

berry

Hey poohbear!
Yes,I have confirmed beetle @ work for my journalist photography. I will not be taking the photoshoot as it is very "common" and not very your usual self...just my thought!

How about you?

gal

Hi everyone,

wow, so much to read. I've already rom. Some of u were cracking ur brain over rom lunch. I had mine in a restarant( a buffet) at MountFaber. Cost abt 12 per pax. Very nice scenery if u go to the deck and u can decorate the place at ur own cost (open concept- juz hv to watch out for raindrops). Btw, can have it in the restaurant too (but can be boring in there).

Yvonne, I've e-mail u the package from santiago. hope they are helpful.