(2004) Brides of year 2004

yvonne

Hi Jan,
Errrhhh...... u make me so "KAN JIONG" now!!!!!

That's wat i'm worrying also that the venue I want booked by others already. Cos according to the Shi Fu, he said Lunar 5th mth (which means ard June) is quite a popular month for wedding too! Aft which, is Lunar 8th mth onwards (which is in Mid Sept), even more ppl getting married!

forest

soupie,
im not able to come online later.. mayb u jus reply 2 cin_p, and she'll pass to me if u want lor... okies...
happy.gif

silver

Gd afternoon ladies...

Wow this thread is really moving fast!

Jul,
Yes you can go for the 1week trial. Ya think better too cos at least ve a feel b4 sign up. Hmm.. can I get my bf to call u to arrange the one week trial? Maybe we can go together? That gives me some motivation haha

Btw, GI told me they will not be sending tickets leh. Just go n give them our names
blush.gif

Yvonne,
I think tong shu will be out after lunar 8th mth.

You n EVER very hardworking leh. Looks like I must force myself to do some exercise too hehe

Jan,
Hey yvonne has same choice (jawn n silverlining) as u huh? So you 2 can share share your ideas
crazy.gif

Ever,
So wat's in Wedding n Travel latest issue? Worth buying?

jan

Hi Yvonne,

Yeah think that's true, next year coz there're 2 Lunar 2nd months so the Lunar 5th mth will is later than the usual. The Lunar 5th month will start ard mid June to mid July... Then 8th mth will be mid Sep onwards...

Okok, think i'd better stop scaring u first...
happy.gif
But since u met the shifu, why didnt u ask for a date?

silver

Binbin,
I ve yet to compare the price on FP n Amore. Hey share wif u after you attend the class ya.

Forest,
The scrub+stream bath+ 1hr massage is $88 per session. I signed up 10sessions n it comes wif 1 session free. Wat voucher do you ve? Must pay or can go at discount?

Hey did I share wif you gals this manicure shop call Nailgirl at Ginza Plaza. They are charging french or normal mani & pedicure at $14 each n if you sign up package its 10 sessions @ $100. They ve hand/foot spa, neck & shoulder/hand/foot massage. I tried their foot spa + pedi, quite gd.

meimei

Hi all,

I blur already after reading so many message.
happy.gif
I would be a jul bride, just that havent confirm the dates yet.

Yah so far jawn is one of my favourite. Okay , at least I am not the only kaisu one
happy.gif

Wah all of you started your exercise regiment already. I am still so lazy to even move, not to
mention exercise.
sad.gif

Heard about the mag, but not much places selling it. Can't seem to find it at all.

jan

hi silver!

Yup, think meimei, Yvonne and myself are shortlisting the same shops... hehe..

Tong shu out so late, tot i heard like end of this mth or next mth...

jul

Ate KFC for lunch. Nice & sleepy now *hee*

Ever,
Actually it's true that a/f marriage, must still maintain maintain. No need to be top form like during wedding, but cannot look like huang lian po right?

Jan,
I also very confused. How many pple do we have in our thread now?

Yvonne,
A lot of things to do for wedding right? The list just keeps growing... Why dun u get the shifu to pick date for u, instead of waiting for tong shu?

Silver,
Gd idea, can go together. Go alone, sure no motivation. Actually I went to CFC b4, but the place is crowded. So very long never go already. No tickets for GI show? Then how do I know the programme etc etc.

poohbear

hi hi hi!!
Berry, I'm with beetles for my studio/outdoor photoshoot! FH liked their pics over The Edge and O Studio so we took them.

Ino, my photoshoot in Sept too =) I thought I was the only one who wanted it so early. We looked for house before we settled hotel. Very tiring cos we were seeing showflats every weekend. Understand stress, cos house costs more than wedding. Good luck with your search. I'm now waiting for keys and looking for furniture and lights. We roughly planned who to do what for the wedding but haven't asked our friends yet. So glad to be hearing for other Jan brides!

Bubbles, I also haven't sorted out my actual day photographer. Don't think we want videographer, must save up for house... I bought a silver pair of shoes with crystals during the sale. Not sure about EG shoes yet.

Anybody got platinum wedding bands? We like the Goldheart ones, but found that Poh Heng seems to sell their bands much cheaper, even without discount it's half the price - dunno why? Goldheart salesgirl told us maybe the weight of Platinum is different in the rings. Anybody heard of that before?? Didn't understand what's Pt1000, Pt950 and Pt900... assume 1000 is better, but dunno what is the difference.

yvonne

Hi Jul,
The Shiful also need to wait for the TONG SHU out before he can choose the dates for us! Can't wait any longer...!!! Can any1 tell me where to find SHI FU who knows hw to see auspicious date one???

silver

Hi Jan,
I am confused too. Maybe we need to update our list?

As for tong shui, that's what other gals told me
uhoh.gif

Hey maybe you 3 can go bs together hehehe Hey I dun mind to go kay po also!
biggrin.gif

Jul,
Nv been to CF but signed up wif Amore b4 but that's for their aerobic class only. I think during then must pay for their gym. You prefer to go weekday nite or weekends? Just worry that our time dun meet.

jamci

Evon, I never heard that we need to book in one year advance unless u need to choose that particular date which you are given by fortune teller.
If you are not "pan tang", you can pick any dates that you want. Sometimes even hotels also had promotion for those dates which are not popular. Like one of my friends, she took Marriot's package at only $588 per table during promotion

ever

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">Hi Hi silver!!</FONT> back from office?? I havent finish reading Wedding &amp; Travel, but seems like this issue much better than the last one... hahahha... I nearly bought all the bridal mags in Spore!!! got few nice gown designs, and saw some evening gowns.... but not sure nice or not... and men's suits!! me dont wanna finish the mag so fast, if not, will buy another one!!!
sad.gif
*spendthrift*

Yvonne, my fren gave me a contact for this shifu who's supposed to be able to choose 2004 dates... you want the contact?? In the end, I went to another shifu to choose my date, but my mum say cant trust them without the Tong Shu. So, me made tentative booking for the banquet based on the date he chose... then pray hard that the date is good loh!!! hhahahaha... if not, we'll hav to change dates!!! might be a bit troublesome cos if the venue you chose is popular, they might not let you change the date, or the date might not be available!!! *sigh*.... but me havent pay deposit yet, so still ok lah.... I cant guarantee the accuracy of these two Shifu, but if you want the contact, jus let me know yr email... will email you this weekend...

trixie

Hi jamci,
Other than food, me also worried that most ppl don't know M Hotel, so might think their banquet is cheap! I already cfm will lose on relatives' tables. Now scared even friends/colleagues will lose also! Sigh
sad.gif

Actually M Hotel is quite expensive, though must say their package is quite comprehensive. Did you manage to negotiate anything with them? Are you going for the food tasting?

Have you booked your bridal package yet?

trixie

Hi Yvonne,
I'll fwd TWP package to you via email together with the compilation, k? Too lazy to type here
happy.gif

other than tentative booking M Hotel, and waiting to view GCW's new ballroom, there aren't others that i'm seriously considering lor. I like ST also, but min. table requirement too high for me
sad.gif

silver

binbin,
Yes yes I stay in the west. But I was actually there for appt n happened to see this shop. Was attracted to it so gave it a try hehe.

jan

Hi Yvonne,

Not sure abt where to find shifu leh, coz i didn't go to any. But usually most just give them the birthdate etc, they are then able to give u aupicious dates...

Jul, silver, think there're 6 of us here currently. The usual 4 of us plus Yvonne and meimei...
happy.gif

jamci

Hi trixie,

This point...mmnn i also worried too!!! But my hubby don't mind as long as he can enjoy the bridal suite!!! alamak. Actually when my hubby said also quite true. It is our big day, we should enjoy ourselves, not to worry so much. Even you had tried your very best still you cannot shut all 200 to 300 mouths leh.

Didn't manage to negotiate much because we are quite happy with their package compared to our others listed hotels. They gave us extra wedding cards, late check-out, snack taken in bridal suite instead of coffeehouse.

silver

Hi ever,
Ya but going out for appt soon! Oh got evening gowns n men suits, can consider buying. I bought a few of wedding mag too - so X
sad.gif

Hi Jul,
I ve the rates for PF. They ve a few packages, me see until abit blur. They ve 1mth, 3mths, 9mths + 3mths free, 12mths + 6mths free, 15mths + 9mths free n 2yrs + 3yrs. Of course the longer you sign the cheaper it is but personally find their 12mths+6mth free quite worth cos after divide out its ard $58 per mth and can pay thro credit card 0% installment.

soupie

cin_p, please pass the cd to forest and i'll get it from her.. thanks!
happy.gif

forest, very thoughtful of u! thanks! *muaks*
happy.gif

jamci

Hi evon,

Yes, $588 is very cheap. She had her wedding at last year dec.
Four season, i don't know maybe because their ballroom is very HOT, that why you need to book in advance.
happy.gif

elenne

hi everyone!!
happy.gif

was aware of this thread long ago but only got to post something today
happy.gif

hi poox!! in case you don't have time to retype the email (i didn't get any), just wondering how many bottles of wine did you get for free corkage? i only got 12.

wendylee

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">SILVER</FONT>:
Hey... tell me tell me... "They are charging french or normal mani &amp; pedicure at $14 each n if you sign up package its 10 sessions @ $100." - meaning each session cost $10 only with both mani+pedi ah? Im confused... or a package of mani+pedi at $100? Pls advise, gime the addy and contact... Im interested!!! Thanks!!!
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Trixie,

Thank you. I received your email. Yup, you are right. ST requirement table is alot, I might not reach their requirement too cos I only draft out about 20 tables at the moment, the most will go up to 25 tables.

I did receive M hotel package, do you think is good? I just received Holiday Inn Park View packages. I find it quite reasonable, is within my budget. Do you have any comments on them?

ever

think give ang pow loh... I gave $20, i think... cant remember.... but the shifu helped me checked ROM and wedding date... not sure how much my fren gave... yr parents shld know, rite?? usually the older generation will know about the "market rates"...

yvonne

Ever, thanks for yr help! Will let u gals knw if I got my dates...hee! Btw, ru gals hving a gathering session again? Any1 wanna xchange pix...hee hee?

cyn

soupie, i'll pass the cd to forest.. then u pick up from her k.. =)

silver, the manicure &amp; pedicure quite cheap leh... but ginza plaza too far from me... think i've only been there once when it's half occupied. so did you sign up the package?

wendylee, i think silver means $14 for manicure &amp; $14 for pedicure... so 10 sessions of manicure or pedicure @$100... am i rite, silver?

bride-2-be, will try to email u soon. btw, when's ur big day?

wendylee

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">CIN_P</FONT>/<FONT COLOR="0077aa">SILVER</FONT>:
EEe... so 10 sessions of either each is $100 lah... those are 'express' or those buffing/shaping/removing cuticle/color/scrub? Ginza is really outa the way, Im staying EAST... but I might go cos its near my BF's workplace... so Sat can go there do nails then he finished his work then pick me up... *clapclap*

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">SILVER</FONT>:
Can email me their contacts? Lemme know if through recommendations got better treatments anot... cos some of them might not give you the right service when its 'promotion'... Btw, how much they charge for nailart? French or normal pedi cost U.P$14 uh? VERY cheap leh... considering that sometimes I go out JB and do my nails on the way I go there shoping...

jul

Hi gals! See lah? Come back from meeting, kena heart attack!

Yvonne,
No need tong shu lah. They can calculate auspicious dates based on ur '8 characters' right? And some advanced ones can even take into acct both sets of parents' '8 characters'. At least, that's what the TV dramas always show
biggrin.gif

Silver,
U normally go during off-peak hrs right? Me so poor thing, think I can only go after work, dun really wanna go on weekends. Weekends like so precious already. $58 like quite reasonable, but I think CFC cheaper, abt $45, I think I paid.

Ever,
Set lah, must borrow bridal mags from u already. Cannot keep subsisting on my Style
happy.gif

Jan,
There's also Sagi, &amp; sweetysweetgal right?

pony

Hi,

Tentatively planning my wedding next year 2004.

May i know is there any specification number of jiemeis that i should arrange for my wedding as i dont have much friends keep in touch. Any suggestions? thanks

questy

Hi all,
I like the gowns of TC, FH did not really say no to it, just comment tat we can go NZ with tat $, he...! But think back, I can get back mt MTM WG, EG, TD and suit and lots of photos with my $5K, so trying to sooth myself with this fact, he....! But everybody is saying $5k is very expensive, so I'm also confused abt it now. Nv mind, i'll chk out more shops then decide.

Tot to go Gold coast, but abit funny to go in winter? He..! If not it'll be Perth, trying farm stay then.

lin

hi binbin / forest,
yeap..i read it in some magazines..lost that magazine already.. saw the picture. It's an indoor swimming pool, but i don't know whether can see sky a not. those clubs you mention outdoor is really outdoor one har? that means...got sun is it? Or is it those outdoor but the ceiling got glass panel, that means you still can see the sky but covered?

hi wendylee,
oh..so, it's called Taka fitness club. okie.. i really don't know how much that will cost. Over here, i join a gym and it has an indoor swimming pool. Yes..agree, i don't want to get the sun..because of the swimming costume marks.

berry

Hi poohbear! Since you have signed up Bettles for studio/outdoor photoshoot why don't you negotiate with Bettle to take the actual day for you as well. Who knows you can get better deal for that. We are indeed impressed by their work my photography is Kelvin a very funny, humourous and comfortable guy . How about yours?

keann

Hi elenne..
welcome to the thread....

Hope everyone is having fun this weekend...cos i am having lots of fun...hehehee......eat all the nice singapore food!

And also...where is EVERYONE!!!!????? this thread has been a little too quiet!