(2004) Brides of year 2004

silver

Hi Ino,
Wow you even spoken to the residents ya? So wats ur final decision?

Hi binbin,
You mean $180 for 3mths? If so very resonable ya. So how much is the 6mth package?

I visited FP (suntec) today. Was there in the afternoon so not many people. My bf's senior suggested me to go for the trial (one week) before deciding to sign up or not. Oh I saw the ladies corner which you mentioned. The one at suntec is rectangle shape. Hmm... not very big nor small lah.

lin

hi binbin,
happy.gif
okie... i thought rustic nirvana was on the higher end. Do you know what club that has an indoor swimming pool.. was it in Takashimaya... ?

silver

Hey I received a call fm GI to cfm next wk bridal show. Jul & sagi, ve they called you too?

Hi gal,
So you are planning for ur wedding dinner? Decided venue & bridal?

I

ino

hi poohbear,
dun worry...i haven bought mine yet too! We can source for it in Oct. ;-) It takes 1-2 months for customisation.

anyway, i've booked my wedding dinner as well as wedding package. my fitting in aug and my fotoshoot in sep.

now, planning out the roles and responsibilities as well as finding a suitable ROM venue.
;-) another headache...finding a HOUSE!

B

bride-to-be

hi all

may i noe is it better to get a corset wif or w/o bra top??

hi cin_p

i oso like spa botanica.may i noe more abt the bridal package?

sweetysweetgal

Hi gal,

U hv yr lunch at mount faber ? So romantic ? When was it ? Which restaurant is it ? Do u hv the contacts no & person ? So cheap ? Only abt $12/px & it's buffet ? Wat food they serve ?

U mentioned it's open-concept ? Means the guests will get wet if rain lor ?

Oh, u aslo signed up with Santiago ? Care to email me your package too ? Thanks !

Email : [email protected]

ever

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Morning gals!!</FONT>

silver, no lah... Jawn Happyeverafter's package comes with 2-piece men's suit... think that means you need to pay extra for vest loh... dont read until *blur blur*.... hahahaha....

my Amore package is for twice a week lessons and you can go to their gym before or after the lessons. If you only wanna go to the gym, that's considered one lesson. I took the 6 mths package and they gave add'l one mth free!! (must take minimum 3 mths) my package allows me to go for any kind of lessons, no restrictions and can use their shower facilities. me paid about $500-$600... cant remember the exact amt.... but its about $10++ per lesson.... silver, if you like gym and lessons, then maybe you shld join Planet Fitness instead... less restrictions on the no. of times you go and more gym facilities...

jan

Morning!!
happy.gif

Yay, Jul, i'll be watching charlie's angels tonight! hehe..

Btw, gals, what's the initial deposit to pay when i sign up for bridal or how much did u gals pay for urs? And then thereafter, do they break up the payment into stages?
happy.gif

ever

Hi Jan!!

me paid 20% as initial deposit and thereafter, supposed to pay in "instalments" after ROM/designing of gown, PS and collection of album....

think you shld convince yr hubby to go "bridal shops" searching earlier!! very fun leh... then you can update us on yr ventures!!
happy.gif
if not, you so sian... can only ask us and read threads, cant go and try the gowns for yrself!!

silver

Gd morning ladies...

Wow you gals really early ya??

Hi ever,
Oh I thought 2 pcs of men suit hehehe Think I really read until blur.

Oh Amore is based on no of lessons ya? For me I actually go gym more dan lessons. Ya I think PF has no limitation n if you are member can go for lessons for free. Actually my bf's senior asked me to go for trial (one wk) b4 deciding. May consider that.

Jan,
Enjoy the show ya! Let us know nice or not.

Oh for me I only paid $500 deposit for yc.

Gal,
Can you email me Santiago package cos checking out for my gf. My emial is [email protected]

Jan, Jul, Ever, Lin &amp; Sagi,
Hey if you gals ve any bridal or dinner package can email me pls? Thx ya!

Ve to go office liao. Talk to you gals later...

yvonne

Hi Rene &amp; Angie,

Me too. Have not signed up for both yet. have just shortlisted the banquet venues yet, waiting for the wedding date to be fixed first.

Angie,

Which bridal studio did you sign up with? How much is your package which does it comprises of?

Rene,

So far how many info have you gather? Care to share too?

choco

hi Questy,

looks like we'll be brides on the same day then! cool!
happy.gif
i think for bridal studio, go by your gut feel...and go by what you deem as important
happy.gif
Make sure u ask them thoroughly about details so that there won't be any hidden costs! For ur honeymoon, u want to go for winter country izzit?? In June, it's winter season in both NZ &amp; Aussie.

girlfriend - my bridal studio is Sophia Wedding Collections. Like their gowns there very much!
happy.gif

soupie

bride-to-be, personally i think i would prefer corset with bra.. i think without bra is called girdle rite? i think the outline for corset would be nicer? girdle may not be so smooth cos the chest part and tummy part is separate.. if u get wat i'm trying to say hehehehe
happy.gif

ccy

yup... same date as mine too..

We intend to sign up with Precious Moments, cuz like d gowns n service.

Yea.. one good thing is u can keep d gown..esp. evening gown. Cuz that one can 'recycle' next time for functions.

jul

Morning gals
happy.gif
It's Friday, it's Friday! But I gotta work 2moro
sad.gif

Hi <FONT COLOR="119911">silver</FONT>,
Yeah, the gowns on the yc website look kinda old. GI called me last nite too, so I guess they'll be sending us the tickets soon right? Hmm... can I get a trial for PF as well? Must decide whether I can go the gym abt twice a wk. Dunno how to sustain, very scared I'll sign up, then go for 1 mth, then give up. How? *sigh*
sad.gif

Hi <FONT COLOR="ff6000">gal</FONT>,
This thread moves very fast right? Must check frequently if u dun wanna get a shock *hee* Which rest did u go to? Sounds interesting, having the lunch on deck. But u're right abt the weather element. So uncertain. Guess that's one of the reasons why I can't have a garden / beach wedding.

Hi <FONT COLOR="0000ff">Jan</FONT>,
So u're watching tonite huh? Dun tell us the plot ok? Wait till I watch the show on Sat, at least. Then we can come &amp; spoil the fun for the rest *evil laugh*

Hmm... I think I paid almost 30% deposit, then 20% confirming gowns, 20% PS, 10% collection of album. But it differs for every shop. Think I paid too much deposit already, or I could skip this &amp; go for another shop *sigh*

Hi <FONT COLOR="aa00aa">ever</FONT>,
Did u speak to Charmaine or Adrian when u signed up? I just saw my photo being used for advert again in this yr's commencement catalogue. Look so horrible w/o the touch up! Can see wrinkles &amp; stuff *arrggh*

binbin

hi silver, 6 mths package would be $180 x 2. but would come with the 7th month free. still more exp than PF, but think i will stick with it...
happy.gif

Lin, actuali their prices are nt very cheap. in fact, their body scrub ALONE cost $100, that's why i choose that to redeem my voucher. but they have packages lah, and promotions, which all spas often have.

indoor swimming pool? u mean when u look up, u do not see the sky?? hhhmmmm......those that i visited (amrita, st greg therapeutic, st greg javana) have swimming pools outdoors, but not indoors. perhaps u can ask around, someone could have come across it. u read about it somewhere huh?

bubbles

hi poohbear,

Well, have almost settled everything except actual day photographer &amp; videographer yet to source. And also need to settle my shoes soon before my next fit. Had problems finding v high shoes, so need to go MTM....

ever

Hi Jul!!

what commencement catalogue!??! I wanna see leh...
happy.gif
I spoke to Chris... think she'll be my co-ordinator.... Adrian's the photographer, rite?

think you can get a trial pass for a week for PF... come on, you'll go when you've paid so much like me!! hahaha... everytime I feel like skipping a lesson, i'll tell myself that its' $10++!! and i wouldnt go three times on the following week!!! actually, it'll become a routine after few weeks... me go once during weekday and once during weekend... so, dont feel so "siong"...

jul

Hi ever,

It's either in the NUS catalogue, or the combined one that they send to both NUS &amp; NTU. Didn't see the catalogue cover, so not too sure. Aiyah, next time u go to J&amp;M, can get them to show you the catalogue right?
happy.gif
Aiyah look so bad in the photo, paiseh to show it ard
blush.gif

Yup, Adrian's the photographer. I believe Charmaine's the make up artiste.

I really dunno whether I'll be so disciplined. I mean, only 7 days in a week. So many things to do! And dun underestimate the power of my laziness okie
happy.gif
So dilemmatic! *arrgh*

wendylee

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">LIN</FONT>:
Hi, yes... Taka Fitness Club has the indoor swimming pool. Whereby you look up you see ceilings... I have seen pictures... but not been there... their membership fees sure cost a bomb! I actually like something indoor cos you get to swim and not exposed to sun... scarely got those bikini marks... then not nice when you wear low back or bustier gowns...

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">BINBIN</FONT>:
Hi... I agreed with you... those a-la-carte menus from those spas... facials are usually xtreeme xpensive... but if you take up packages... they would normally cos ABOUT half-price cheaper plus you can get 1-time free or some other freebies...

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Something I dun understand about corset and gridle... those BIG BIG inner-wear ah? If wear that one... say you got those low back gowns how to wear? Wont it be xtra cloth and very HOT inside the gown?</FONT>
25015.gif

ever

Jul, if you really look that bad, they wouldnt put yr pic in the catalogue!!!
happy.gif
dun worry!! k, me will ask them to show me when i visit them in aug!! think all the staff there are make-up artistes...

actually, true... cos now still not much stuff to do... imagine we have to supervise reno, buy furniture, design gowns, plan ROM/wedding day schedules, etc, etc..... maybe 8 days a week also not enough!!! and still hav to work at least 8-9 hours a day!!!
sad.gif

jan

hello hello!!

Ok, thanks, so abt 20% for down payment...

Well, okie lah, wont reveal any plots after watching... hehehe..

Hmm.. for me, wont be going gym, i've sort of made up my mind to go jogging every Sat, but jogging sounds very mild exercise rite... but at least better than nothing!!
lol.gif

Jul, u shld get started to exercise too! hehe
wink.gif

jul

Hey! My posting disappeared
angry.gif

Ever,
Just dun have too high hopes for my photos k? *hehe*

It's true that we'll be super busy, running ard like mad to get anything &amp; everything done 3 mths prior to our wedding. Cannot imagine how we are going to keep ourselves cool &amp; composed &amp; preserve our complexions, when we're so stressed. *sigh*

Jan,
Er.. jogging isn't mild exercise! Gone are the days when pple gotta sweat like mad, then break a few ankles to count as gd exercise right? *hehe*

meimei

Hi all,

No more jie jie.
happy.gif
The thread really grow fast. I can't catch up already.

Actually, I had shortlisted Jawn, Silhouette, Flamingo, Dang, Silverlining, Bridal Veil, Divine and a few more. Very Kiasu hor. Some of these boutique I had already visited either during my friend bridal shopping or with my friend so will have a few more to go.

Currently, the first round the one that stood out is jawn. Their gowns are simply beautiful and divine. Looking forward to visit silverlining as I heard a lot of good comments about Jit too.

A magazine, Wedding and Travel had come out recently. Anybody had browsed thru them? dun know good or not?

jan

hello!

Jul, haha.. break ankle then considered exercise, well that's really funny! hahaha..

meimei, u ur first choice is Jawn? I think now thet're having a promo $3788 with O studio, quite good offer leh!!

Btw, when's ur wedding?
happy.gif

forest

hi ladies... its fri!!
biggrin.gif

binbin, lin, pebbles, bride-to-be,
hee.. me also like spa botanica.. actually went to 'visit' tt plc last mth... wow... very heavenly! the plc has a very relaxing mood.. n the resort pool, tho' small.. looks very welcoming!!
happy.gif

ino,
wow.. dint know tt these WIS flats can b soo exp.. hee.. no lah.. i'm not looking for flats.. cos' my flat is at yishun is ready liao... u forgotten lah.. i bought resale mah...
happy.gif
i was asking jus to see if u hve decided to get them or not...
happy.gif

silver,
u mentioned the slimline pkg... how much is it har? how many sessions?? i think i hve a voucher tt will expire end of this mth.. dunno if i shd go for it or not leh.. if i do, then i need to do it by next mon!!!!!!!!!!!
uhoh.gif
any therapists to recommend?

binbin,
where is watercourt spa huh? so, wat heavenly treatment will u b going for with ur hubby??? so nice... u'll b going for it next wk??
happy.gif

yvonne

Hey Ladies,
Super long msg early morning! Guess what? I've signed up AMORE aerobics class yday. Thk can start my TRAINING next week...haa! Heard of the Mt Faber venue, cos a friend told me the couple actually take the cable car over, quite SPECIAL!

Hi Meimei,
Ur not e only 1 who KS la...me visited quite a few bridal too along tanjong pagar, shop until BLUR man! I've lately bought 2 bridal mag from Herworld &amp; Female ONLY. Heard of Wedding &amp; Travel but didnt really browse thru it. Can do so at the book store mah... kee!

Hi Jan,
Jogging is a good form of exercise too, can built up yr stamina. But remember do warm up before any exercise... I thk for a start dun overwork yrself, if not will KO man? Hee...

Hi Jul,
I didnt recd any call from GI leh??? Btw, I've recd my HWB show tickets yday nite...hee! What abt u?

ever

Hi Hi!!

me bought wedding &amp; travel.... actually, bf bought for me... scared I very bored without him!!
wink.gif
this issue not bad leh, cos of pics and stuff... unlike Herworld brides.... terrible... only gowns pics and nothing else!! no flowers, suits, etc.... only some gown designs very trendy, i mean too trendy!!!!

Jan, Jul very slim so no need to exercise...
happy.gif
trust me, I saw her before!!

jul

Hi meimei,

Never seen the bridal mag u mentioned. Actually I only have 1 bridal mag, which I'm very proud of : Style weddings *takes a bow* I just bought it a wk ago, but haven't opened it yet
lol.gif
So I'm the last person u shd ask abt bridal mags
happy.gif

Jan,
Some pple dun consider exercise till they ache like an old woman the next few days right? *hee*

Actually I also very greedy. Wish to go to Silhouette, Divine, Silver Lining, Ted's collection, Flamingo, Bridal Veil to try gowns! so terrible right? *hee*

jul

Aiyoh just posted got new msgs already *grr*

Yvonne,
I got the call yesterday. Maybe GI will call you today, just wait patiently. Coz I dun think they had time to call everyone yesterday. I got my HWB show tickets yesterday too
happy.gif
*yippee*

U so slim still sign up for aerobics? *sigh* Looks like I gotta start exercising too
sad.gif

Ever, Me not slim lah! I have a very skinny face, but the body doesn't match
lol.gif

Gals, I think we shd all exchange mags. Then dun have to waste money buying so many, right? But then, I only have 1 mag to offer
blush.gif

jan

Gals gals!!
happy.gif

hehe.. ok, will start building up stamina then! haha! Ya, last wk didnt do warm up properly, then end up body ache!!

ever and Jul, so u 2 gals very slim rite.. u both ah, so qian xu!!!
lol.gif

Can't stand u Jul, u very funny!! Dun consider exercise till they ache like old woman!!!
rofl.gif

oh ya, meimei, i also havent seen the mag yet...

yvonne

Hi Jul,
Why so many ppl got the perception tht slim ppl dun need to exercise huh??? Probably not proportion lor... u noe gals are not satisfying wif their body always! Actually i jus wanna keep fit, tone up whole body esp. my "Tyre"!!!! &amp; n sweat abit la. Healthy lifestyle u noe?

jul

Jan,
Me not slim lah! 56 kg where got slim!

Hi Yvonne,
Guess most pple look at exercise as means to slim down. The idea of exercising for healthy lifestyle isn't very popular. Just look at the Andrea de Cruz saga, she also took pills to slim down. Think it's not easy to change perception lor. Like me, I want to slim down, but too lazy. But I will NEVER take diet pills lor. Too dangerous!

ever

Hi Hi gals!!

so many of you... me very confused liao.... so, is meimei, gal, yvonne all july 2004 brides?!?!

me really hope I still hav the determination and motivation to exercise after the wedding!!! hahaha.... if not, after wedding become fat and ugly!!! no facials, no gym, etc....

yvonne

Hi Ever,
Hvnt really decide on the wedding date yet cos waiting for the TONG SHU to come out. But planning to hv it maybe May-July 2004. So far, hvnt book my bridal or wedding venue too! NO FLATS either....Sigh!!! Lots of things to catch up still, will be a bz year from now till next!

trixie

Hi Evon,
What is GHA? Sry, still not quite used to acronyms
happy.gif

Hi gg,
Can you give me your email address?

Hi cute1008, just sent to you.

Hi Yvonne,
I haven't decided yet lor, but i've tentative booked M Hotel liao.

cyn

ino, i must say, u did a very detailed findings.. so are you giving this balloting a miss?

bride-2-be, the price list is at home... i'll think of a way to email or fax to u, k?

forest, watercourt spa is at capitol building...
binbin, am i rite? ya lor, wat treatment?

soupie, will u be in town tomolo afternoon? i can pass u the demo cd =)

trixie

Hi Ladies,
Me also a Dec 04 bride-to-be
happy.gif

I've signed up a bridal package with The Wedding Present and tentative booked M Hotel. Looking to visit Grand Copthorne Waterfront's new ballroom in Aug 03.

I've compiled several hotels' packages into a spreadsheet (based on weekend package). Do let me know if any of you would like a copy.

Hi Yvonne, we met in the nov 04 thread.
happy.gif

So which hotels did you shortlist?

trixie

Hi Ladies,
Me also a Dec 04 bride-to-be
happy.gif

I've signed up a bridal package with The Wedding Present and tentative booked M Hotel. Looking to visit Grand Copthorne Waterfront's new ballroom in Aug 03.

I've compiled several hotels' packages into a spreadsheet (based on weekend package). Do let me know if any of you would like a copy.

Hi Yvonne, we met in the nov 04 thread.
happy.gif

So which hotels did you shortlist?

jan

Hello!
happy.gif

I'm also quite confused ever... hahaha..

Yvonne, is ur wedding in May/June then gotta book venue fast, coz these 2 months are usually the popular months for wedding, i wanted to book mine in June actually but venue for the date which i initially wanted was taken and booked by someone in May!! sorry, not frightening u i hope! Just to let u know...
happy.gif

jamci

Trixie,

GHA is Golden Horse Award.

I found that we had choose the same hotel. I had booked M hotel during last year.

B

bow_wow

Luckily for me, both my side and his side are catholics, so the date is not impt...=)
We've picked 26th June 2004...hehe...

binbin

hi forest! it's not WIS lah, it's the balloting system now that they r talking about.
happy.gif
WIS is for new estates. Balloting is for matured estates, therefore more exp.
happy.gif

forest and cin. cin, yah u are right. capitol building.
happy.gif
it's a small spa, they dun have couple rooms. but i like their decor and java theme. bought their package sometime ago, beri long liaoz. quite regret it coz quite exp. but the treatment quite nice lah. i think i am going for the earth &amp; flower body mask, while my FH going for kemiri. both consist of essential oil massage, plus a scrub that consists of yummy food ingredients... like yogurt/nuts/honey/milk etc, followed by a flower bath......

Ino! beri detailed description.
happy.gif
good for yoU! wish u luck in getting ur dream flat next round.
happy.gif

cin, so i will sms u tomorrow kae?
happy.gif
see ya!

trixie

Hi jamci,
Thanks for the enlightenment!
happy.gif

When is your wedding date? you confirmed your booking with M Hotel already? Me really like the banquet &amp; bridal suite, but bit apprehensive abt the food lor. Judging by thread on M Hotel, the feedback is 50-50..scared relatives will 'complain'.

yvonne

Hi Trixie,

How is the package with The Wedding Present? How much do you pay for the package? What does the package includes?

I have shortlisted ST, MM, Hilton, Mertius Mandarin.

How about you?

Yes, I would like to have a copy. Thank you so much. My email address is [email protected].

forest

binbin,
aiyaya... blur me lah.. *konk my head*... hahaha.. fancy saying WIS!!! haha.. guess i got all these terms mixed up!!!
lol.gif

wah.. the treatments sounds really nice...
happy.gif

cin_p,
tks tks... dint know where watercourt is...
uhoh.gif

soupie,
im mtg cin_p tomorrow also... i think i will take the cd frm her.. n pass to u lor.. since our hse sooo near to each other... wat say u?
happy.gif

jamci

Hi Trixie,

My wedding is on 16 mar. We had already confirmed on this year mar with M hotel. Same here i also worried abt the food.
I got to know one of the hotelier who host her wedding last year June at M hotel and she told me that their service and food was great. So i hope it will go well for me too.