(2002) Brides of year 2002

M

mush9

Julia, I think spa music will put some guests to sleep, especially the older folks. What about playing Jazz and New Age but on lower volume when the room gets too noisy? With Jazz especially, I think it will liven up the ambience as well.

Aiyah, just realise I forgot and used back my old nick!
blush.gif

berlinelee

angph38,

Hi! Do you mean going in April?
Well, first two weeks of April no problem but the last two weeks, can't make it! Sorry think better let you know earlier. Don't mind if is weekday afternoon cause I'm quite flexible!

To All:
Seems that most of you have gone for your 1st appointment. I went for mine last week. The designs for the gowns almost finalise except for wedding gowns.From the previous trends, a lot of paris brides. Are they good? Just curious!

my_melodys

Hi Chemson,

So paisei leh! sorry i remember the wrong name. Below r my detail:

My wedding day : Sep 21
Banquet venue: Novotel Apollo
Bridal : Julia Wedding news
studio Photographer: package (JWN)
actual day photographer: not found yet!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Mind if I can have the list too?
proud.gif

Don't worry, I'll keep the information confidential!

Regards,
Chin Leng.

van

Hi LMF,

i'm so happy now, that i really cant sleep...
lol.gif
my FH juz presented the ring!!! he keeps worrying that i wun like it cos its pretty simple. 1 problem i'm facing now - the ring is too big... so no choice got to go back for alteration.

dun say that you didnt help me with my muslim colleagues... u gave me the idea to tell them that the restaurant dun cater halah food!
lame.gif
(so bad got to tell lies...)

julia - sorry abt the misinterpretation. i find it really depends greatly on yourself. tis is very individual, no matter what others may think, as long u like it, just go ahead!

sorry everyone that i have been joining the forum very inconsistently, cos of my work schedule... me working on shift, so my timing is always not fixed... but i will sure try my best to catch up with threads, hope that u ladies dun mind...

M

mush9

Chemson, thanks for the list.
wink.gif
It is really useful.

Gals, I have just sent you the link. Oh, actually there is quite a bit of similiarities between the way the model and I look in that dress, esp when I pin up my hair as our features are quite simiilar and same dress size.
proud.gif
I think the dress suits my personality very well. Can't wait to own it!

Sheep, wow! spending loads huh?
happy.gif
Tan Yoong and Shangri-La are not cheap at all! I tried on 4 WG and 2 EG at TY before too. Thought of engaging him, but later decided better not to as I donno when I will be back again for fittings etc. Have you decided on your WG and EG designs yet? I am considering going back to TY to make an EG if I have the time.

Girls, check out www.jimhelmoccasions.com for EG designs. Hot from USA. Real nice!

M

mush9

Van

I forgot to congratulate you!! Wow! *HUG*
Tell us more. How did he propose?

chemson

Hi Chin Leng,

Will send the list to you...
happy.gif

Hi mush9, Love the gown ! It is so romantic and nice ! Great choice !!!

Hi My Melodys,

Just sent the list to you !
happy.gif

kat22

Hi, gals!

Van - congrats!! So happy for you
happy.gif
happy.gif

mush9 - I like ur gown too
happy.gif
Elegant! Yup, shld try to modify into an EG so u still get to wear it.
happy.gif

My Melodys - where hv u been?? Hvnt hear from you for so long
happy.gif
How's the prep? Hv u gone for your fittings yet?
happy.gif

el - so i see u finally switched to divine@JB huh?
happy.gif
How is it?

jastan

Just had my 1st appointment yesterday. So far quite okay, try quite a lot of different design about 8 gowns if I remember correctly. Kind of fun... heehee
happy.gif

My coordinator is Carmen, quite okay and friendly. My 2nd appointment will be with the designer ( I think is Jacelyn) on 18th March. Quite fast right, have to be fast as I intend to have my photoshooting in end June or early July.
Anyone has experience with Jacelyn? Is Jennifer really good? If yes, then I will want to request for her instead.

As for the photoshooting, is Delon good? Understand they have 4 photographers, so far don't know who is good. Any comments?

By the way, can we request for a second try of gowns and to view the portfolio of the photographs?

Got to work now, talk to you gals another time.

Angelia, by the way pls update my email to [email protected] as the existing one is to be remove soon.

chemson

Hi EVERYONE !

I just sent you a file updated and re-formatted by our kind Chin Leng.. big thanks to him.. let me know if you got the file.. if not, I will resend again !

Thanks Chin Leng for your help ! 3 Cheers to you !

sheep

Hi Mush9,
My email is [email protected]. Anyway, I've received your email already. Lovely gown! Thumbs up! I'll be seeing the designs by TY in 2 weeks' time. I've tried 5 of his WGs but haven't tried any EGs. They'll be showing me some of their EGs when I see my designs. Will update you. You only have to be around to see his sketches and let him have your measurements. TY's fittings are all within 1 week. He don't really require a lot of your time. Do consider him for your EG!
happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chemson,

Just making myself useful lah.
embarrassed.gif

Hi all,

The changes made to the file was to freeze the top row so that the top row will always remain in view for easy reference when you scroll the table.

The little arrows on the top row allows you to filter the various services engaged by our fellow Sept brides.

Also, finally, the wedding dates were arranged in ascending order.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

L

loreal

3 cheers for Chemson & Chin Leng...

Thks the 2 ladies for the effort !!!

Really appreciate...

linda

I will be printing my own inserts too. Marina provides inserts and gold strings and envelopes. So all I pay for is the ink....Save cost....Have done up the artwork for my inserts too...
happy.gif

Hubby says he will do our video presentation but till now not done yet......So lazy...so i dun think I will be having any....

kat22

Hi, ladies n Chin Leng!

Chemson n Chin leng - Thank you so much for your efforts!!
kiss.gif

Loreal - erm...think Chin Leng is a guy?!
happy.gif

choco

Hi linda,
wow......didn't know that marina actually provide gold strings and inserts for free yah. Good customer service indeed huh
happy.gif
How much did u pay for each table at marina??
Dun worry about video presentation, now is only march ,still got 3 more months to go,still got plenty of time to scan in the pics,juz need to hurry him abit can liao
happy.gif

joker

Pegsfur,
Actually my guo da li is very simple. But I tot for guo da li is the girl's side ask for things and not the guy's side? For mine, my mom is very 'chin cai' becos she knows that my FMIL is not supportive. So she don wan to make things difficult for my ah lao.

Ah yo me just feel scare loh. Don know whether things will go right fot tat day etc etc. You know lah, we woman is more gan cheong mah. Then hor see my ah lao still nua nua like still got one year to our wedding date, my blood will boil.

Then there's my ah lao family side, don help us still make things difficult for us. Hai.....

Now I facing ang pao problem. Don know how much to give helpers. Any suggestion huh?

Joker

E

el

gals: if given a choice between Hilarion Goh & Nick Goh as actual day photographer, which one would ur choose??

Also, to note, for ladies who've signed up w Julia WN, pls insist on Xiao-yu for your studio and actual day's makeup..fren tried her for studio, find her v good...but got Yu-Lian for actual day instead, was v upset with her makeup...

Chemson & Chin Leng: thanks for all the effort in consolidating all our details....

Kat22: Divine@JB is fine...better than expected...in fact the deal i got is exactly the same package they offer here, except it's different currency. Guess the only loss was the deposit for the previous bridal studio being given up...i've it transferred to a fren at a lower price..but still, quite acceptable.

pegsfur

joker,

I also thot it shld be the girl's side to ask for things one .... when my MIL requested for this & that, my mum nearly fainted
happy.gif

My MIL asked for those chinese biscuits & yam, & some others which I also don't know what ....

U so poor thing ah .... so yr ah lao's family also makes things difficult for u? For me, it's not that she make things difficult for us, just that she's being so traditional & wanted some of those 'lao gu dong' customs which I've never heard b4.

She said my hubby must also go thru the combing of hair if my mum combs for me. I thot only the girl will be combed by the mother? Then specifically told me to wash the cups & teapot for the tea ceremony ... it's common sense must wash 1st b4 using rite? Then told my mum to buy a fan for me to throw away when my hubby come & fetch me. I tell u ... I'm really unwilling to go thru these leh ....

Then there's something which I don't know she will do or not. My aunt told me last time when she got married, her MIL tried to press her head down while putting on the necklace for her. The pressing of the head will symbolise that the daughter-in-law will be 'control' by the MIL. Seeing my MIL so 'lao gu dong', I'm afraid she'll do that to me too ...

Aiyoh ... think i grumble too much .. anyway, back to our topic, what helpers u talking abt? Those like taking care of reception, ushers etc? I'm not sure too but becos there wld be quite a no. of helpers around, think most prob will give $12 ... wonder if it's too little?

dance40

Hi Jastan,

Yep you can request to try more gowns in every visit until you've settled all.

So far, May has already let me try 3 rounds and it is only at the last round that i top up my deposit. I also request her to show me other people m.t.m. gowns as well as client phto album.

I've book for their boss for photographs, I think it's delon.

As for Jennifer, I'm not so sure if she is really good.

My make-up, I look for Ann as per suggested in the forum.

And the actualy day, I look for other people from other places.

Irene

Irene

L

lmf

Van, good for you.
smile.gif
How did he do that? Where did he do that? Tell us more. It's ok if your timing is inconsistent. I'm sure the ladies in this house will not mind at all, at least you've made an effort to pop in.

Mush9, there's the words I would like to describe your gown "Wow! Gorgeous!" and thanks for your infor about EGs. Just in good timing. I'm searching high and low for EGs now.

Chemson & Chin Leng, BIG THANKS for your effort.

el, it's a difficult choice to choose between both professionals. If really have to, you still have to decide yourself. But here are some factors which you can consider: 1)Style 2)Price 3)Personality 4)Service 5)"Click" - whether you can click with the photographer. It depends on the priority on choosing one. If you like both of their styles, probably u may want to see into ur budget or other factors. This may help you in visualising which one is more suitable for u. Hope this helps.
wink.gif

S

shunkuey

Hello all May Brides!

Wah, so many postings.... it's been a long time since i last post a message.

Me also start to work on guest list, printing of cards and having food tasting very soon......

Jan & veekee, have u gals chosen ur gowns for ur actual wedding day? I just collected my album from Milan last friday and also chose my WG & EG for my actual wedding day....

Jan, haven't found ur ideal home yet? and also saw ur question regarding whether who should you invite. U must be in a dilemma right now..... maybe what u can do is invite ur closer colleagues and bosses from the previous dept., then as for ur new dept. just invite the bosses lor. can? explain to ur new colleagues that you have limited seats at ur banquet and make up to them by treating them to a round of drinks during lunch. hope my suggestion helps!

angeline

hi berlinelee,

i cant say Paris is good or bad coz every bridal shop do have their pros & cons lor, have to depend on each individual luck too
happy.gif

hi Jastan & Irene,

Jas, your 2nd appointment so fast ah, must update me, okie?

Delon is their boss & i have seen his portfolio before, its well-taken. If u gals want him to foto-shoot for u, he will only do it on weekday! im choosing him too so my foto-shooting will be on July, one of the weekday.

i have seen carmen before, quite a friendly lady from her look
happy.gif
i will oso request Ann to be my make-up artist coz quite recommended thru this forum.

Is it true that we have to top-up our 2nd deposit on our 2nd appointment which is another $800 on top on our $1200 ( initial deposit )? May wanted us to top up our deposit leh.

Dun wori, u can request to try on different gowns till u finalise your gowns
happy.gif

May i know who will u gals be engaging as your actual day photographer? me not using those provided by Paris too.

cowie

Hi Van,
Congrats! The day has come, huh
wink.gif
Tell us more about how he did it?....
lame.gif

Hi Mush9,
Saw the gown. Very nice! Very elegant, yet romantic
happy.gif
Good choice!

Hi Chin Leng and Chemson,
Just cannot thank you both enough....... Really made life easier for scattered brains like myself
lame.gif

Hi el,
My suggestion is to make appt with both of them, meet up and see who you and your hubby can click better with
happy.gif
I feel that this part is very important when I selected my photographer
happy.gif

L

loreal

hi! Chin Leng,

alamak!!! So paiseh leh...i always thot u r a lady...4give me for my "assumption".

van

hi chemson & chin leng, i've received the updated copy, thanks alot!

well, for the proposal is not really fantasic. my FH is an unromantic & uncreative guy... juz b4 i go to bed, he just pretend to 'stick' to me... i knew something is already not right, then he kneel infront of me... saying 'pls marry me'... then he tested my patience by open the box slowly n close back again... i told him to open it but he said he worried that i wun like it. but i told him its the tot that counts... so things went on... ring too loose... then i cant sleep last nite
rofl.gif

E

el

Cowie & LMF: thanks. I'd stick to Hil, mainly coz he's my fren...also Nick is occupied on my actual day. And also FH can click better w Hil

joker

Pegsfur,
hai....... so troublesome hor.

But if your MIL wan traditional, then yr mom follow suit loh. For my side becos I'm a teochew, my mom only insist the 'peanut sugar' & 'lao ma gao' to pray to my grandma (becos vegetarian). Other than tat, my ah lao bought the 'pig's leg can' and the 2 bottles of liquor which is compulsory. the my mom buy back 'dry longan' and another sweet thing.

As for the comb things, wat I heard is tat if one side comb then the other side also must comb. For me I din comb so my ah lao also don comb.

Then the pressing head, my mom also told me. She ask me to be careful on the day itself. Don kanna press by my MIL and don kanna step by my ah lao. She also say that if not we will be control by them in future.

Ya lor, I also don know give how much. Besides, the photographer & videoman are my friend, wedding car also from friend so very headache. Then worst thing my ah lao boss arrange meeting for him with all the regulars and say that my ah lao got too much things not done, so he insist more helper for my ah lao.

Really headache!

Joker

blossom

hi mush9,

thanks for sharing. the gown is really nice. very princess-like.
happy.gif
mine is quite close but i have straps and it's bare-back.

L

loreal

Hi! mush9,

I also dun wan to miss your gown...
Can u send the link to my hotmail a/c.

Beautiful_bride @hotmail.com

Looking forward to c your gown!

J

julia andrew

Van

sob...sob...I'm utterly touch by yr FH.

Hi el

good 2 c u again. I am thinking of taking another photography package with a bridal shop @ JB. Still hv not began my research yet.

Currently, I'm with Andrew Choi, I like his style but I was thinking since tis is a once in a lifetime thing, I wish to hv the closeup shots as well which I think other photographers are stronger in that field. I am scouting around JB as it is cheaper. Any recommendation?

Mush9

Ur gown.....I luv it.... especially the back.

Chin Ling & Chemson

Well done.......although I have not seen the file. Something is wrong with my email. I keep receiving the mail without attachment. Did I miss any step in retrieving the excel file? Lost
uhoh.gif

L

lmf

Van, i think i will be the last to get my dream proposal.

el, good to know that you've solved the problem.

Hi all,
I have something to seek help from you gals. I would like to find out the location which i found it in the photograph published in September - November 2001 issue of Her World Brides. Please turn to page 18 whereby a photo showing a couple lying on the wooden plank bridge and there's a kelong on the right side. Any idea where the place is? I loved this place. Might want to go there for outdoor shooting.

chemson

Hi gals,

LMF: No idea where that is....
happy.gif
Maybe the rest can help you ...
happy.gif

Hi Van,
Congrats ! The most impt that is he proposed to you and he got the ring for you...never mind it's too big for your finger... it's the thoughts that count ! Whoopee ! The way he tested your patience was so funny.. reminded me of my Hubby when he proposed to me too...
happy.gif

Hey julia,

Can I have your email (other one) so that I can send the file to you again ?

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">janfyp</FONT>
eh, ur photos ready anot? post and share share leh. am sure all of us here eager to see leh...

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">JasTan</FONT>
updated the list liao.. thanks..

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi</FONT>
wah, all of u got MTM pkg ah? anyone got OTR or not? mine's OTR leh, dunno when shld start going to browse &amp; try the gowns.

3882.gif

E

el

julia andrew: check it out at these :

@ Hol Plaza, hotel beside it - Divinde Coulture.
-their malaysia's branch

@ City Sq, Superstars, another 1 is P something lah..dun recall it's actual name. btw, dun try mona lisa, not that impressive.

@Sentosa area, alot others...Jin Bi Li, i think quite a hot fav amg singaporeans, i heard. the rest, i'd say, u need to go in and browse browse and see whether u like it or not...

Hope this helps

linda

kkekekeke....
I didn't know too..cos at first I thot printers charge $0.40 per peice then I dun have to rpint myself...Cos I buy paper and ink and string already almost $.50 - .60 per pc liao...SO now MM offers me free, all I pay is INK!!!
happy.gif

My table is $649 nett on a weekday.....

J

julia andrew

Hi el

Thanks. I also found another website about it. Written the details below for everyone's benefit.

Hi Gals

In case any of u r looking out for another package, I saw this website http://www.be-with-you.com/ which give u quite comprehensive list of names of JB's bridal services. Some are branch from Singapore. The prices are incredibally cheap.

Below is an advertisement I saw in the website:

We've joined hands with Milan Wedding Studio to provide you with an exciting wedding package. This timely
package will help couples in this challenging economy.
Milan Wedding Studio
1) Actual Day Wedding Gown
2) Evening Gown
3) Gents Coat
4) Bridal Bouquet
5) Car Decoration
6) Free Bridal Make Up &amp; Hairdo For Photography
7) All Accessories For Photography &amp; Wedding Day
(jewellery, glove, ear rings, tie, etc)
8) 14 Suits for Photography
9) 15R Album (12"x15" photo --- 21pcs)
10) 8R Album (5R photo -- 21 pcs)
11) 3R --- 60 pcs
12) 24"x30" (With Frame) --- 1 pc
13) 10R Table Top --- 1 pc
14) BeWithYou Digital Album
Promotion Price: RM 2388
Special tailor-made gowns: from RM2688 onwards. Milan's manager will be conducting your photography session personally.
What you need to do
All you need to do is to register with us. You'll be given access to print a discount voucher. Just show this voucher to Milan for this package. When you choose your photos, please tell Milan which 20 photos you want to be placed in your digital album. Or you can leave it to us to select for you. It is so simple!
Note that you MUST register with us BEFORE you pay the deposit.
If you have already registered and want to print the voucher, please click here.

Imagine, the whole package only cost RM2388. That is why I thought of getting another photoshoot. I also saw their porfolio which is not that bad. Look out if you are keen.

och

hi gals,

van, congrats on ur proposal!
happy.gif

cl, chemson, thanx a zillion for touching up on the list.
happy.gif

mush9, ur gown is v. pretty.
happy.gif
when will it be ready for collection?

och

hi chemson,

sorry for troubling u.... i din realise that u put a column for videographer.
lame.gif
i din describe mine earlier.... mine is eric fr stanley lim colour centre.

clover

Hi cynthia (&amp; gals),

Waaah, u are selecting photos this sat. Must be really excited about it.
happy.gif

I'm using Adobe Premier for video editing. I'm getting a friend to do actual day videography so I decided to take on the video presentation cos I wanted it to be something really special. I'm still slowing building it up and learning at the same time.

Now a bit stressed cos progress quite slow. Plus got other stuff to settle also.

Hi choco,

Thanks for the info. Yea, the prices look good. Maybe I'll do mine there also.
happy.gif

CLoVeR

L

lmf

It seems like nobody knows about the location which i describe in the above posting.
sad.gif
Anyone can help?
uhoh.gif

pegsfur

joker,

Yeah lah ... the thing is at 1st my MIL said she very chin chye one .... then in the end, this is what she called chin chye .... &amp; if she wants to follow traditions, we'll follow it over at her side lor ... but she told my mum what to do instead .... &amp; insisted my mum to do.

Wld u be living with yr in laws after wedding?

Wah ... u got so many helpers ... &amp; they r friends somemore ... think yr ang pow must give more liao. Wld $24 be too much (or too little)?

happy98

Hi Chemson
thanks very much for the list, esp i made u resend 3 time to me.
blush.gif

Hi Van
Congratulation! so happy for u.
happy.gif

Hi LMF
u don't worry too much lah, just relax and not expect/think too much. i was also kept thinking about when my FH going to propose to me and expecting that he would do the way i dream, but it turned out to be a disapointment.
sad.gif

i always hoped that he would do it at the beach with candles lighted-up. and my fren did gave him some ideas but he refused to use any of them cos he said he already had something in mind. so, although i know that he is not those romantic type, i thot he really did thot of some brilliant idea.

the 1st time he proposed, he took me by surprised by proposing to me with a ring ( made by him) when we were oversea, in the hotel room, just b4 we checked-out. the handmade ring was quite nice and i must admit that it was a brilliant idea, but i rejected him. i was very disappointed cos it was not my dream proposal and no flowers.

but after some thinking, i knew that that's the best he could come out with and i accepted his 2nd proposal eventhough there was not much of a diff from the 1st one except that he did it with a real diamond ring and flowers. but immed after i accepted his proposal, i really saw the great relief on his face. actually, that was quite cute of him and it showed he really tried his best.
lol.gif
oh LMF, another thing is that as i kept thinking abt it, kept thinking when is he going to do it, it ended up that i sort of guessed it when he wanted to propose to me. this really distroyed the impact of surprise!

choco

Hi gals,
Juz wanna find out from u all whether insight vacation is good or not huh?? We signed up for a 14 days Europe tour with them but its the first time we didn't use local tour operators. Abit scared though......anyone try them b4???
happy.gif