(2002) Brides of year 2002

pegsfur

joker,

Hang arcade??? U serious?
happy.gif
Wah, if u still hang at arcade now, maybe I'll see u doing Para-para dance at the machine hor ..
proud.gif
How abt billiards room & pools? U hang there or not?
happy.gif

joker

Pegsfur,
Hahaha...... very funny meh
crazy.gif
. I like arcade games since my poly time. But now those plp who hang there are getting younger & younger leh. But hor up to now me still no courage go up the para-para machine lah. Don wan the young plp to laugh at the old lady.

I am actually into pool recently. But not skillful lah. Long long go once wif my ah lao. Got one friend very good at it but he is in US now. Used to go wif him there.

You like pool?

Joker

pegsfur

joker,

No lah ... I just thot since the para-para thing is so 'hot' nowadays ... & if u still hang there, u sure do the para-para dance one ..
happy.gif

For me ah... ok lah, never say like or dislike lor ... but my ah lao love it! Sometimes if we go pub with his friends, i just watch them play lor ... cos I'm the only lady .... & most of the time I wear low neckline tops ... hehehe... later 'zao geng' how....
happy.gif

joker

Heehee...... Pegsfur, I scare break the machine lah
proud.gif

I think most guys like pool & billard lah. My ah lao like but not crazy over it. Ya lor, play pool cannot wear low low lah. Must wear cover up.
happy.gif

Ya when you go pool center after mid nite, if you need to go ladies, you got to ask yr ah lao to accompany you leh. One of my GF kanna peep in the toilet when she go toilet 2am. She was doing her biz then she saw a man's head from the other cubicle when she looked up. Can you imagine!!!Human or mot human will also scare to seath one leh. So must be careful, okie!
happy.gif

Joker

och

hi gals,

hvn't been here for some time.
happy.gif

yvonne, thanks for ur pics. u look gd n v. radiant. wish i can smile as naturally at the camera as u can.

happy, i think white jacket with black pants looks weird.
lame.gif
n if u feel the gowns r too long, get the shop to adjust the length. it's quite easily done.
happy.gif

kat22

Hi, gals!

Yvonne - I concur with the rest..u look great! Thanks for sharing
happy.gif
Hope ur outdoor shoots will turn out even better!!

Happy98 - yup, i oso think that white jacket and black pants look weird...i think you shld get your bridal shop to provide the matching pants...afterall they say provide suit, rite? that should include the pants.
happy.gif

happy98

hi gals

thanks for the feedback. i think i better go back to take a look at the ctt to see if it was stated suit or just jacket.

calla

hi pegfur & joker,

Ya...I know my activity start on the later part of the year, very gan-cheong oso cos' I like to procrastinate...

I read your postings with great interest. esp on that para-para dance in games arcade and that human or not human peeping. hahaha...

Sometimes, I may not feel "lao" but when I shop at those trendy shop with a bunch of teenagers there, I feel awkward too. Wondering I shd still stick to what I feel I want to wear or shd dress like my age. hmm...

I am afraid of becoming a "hwang lian po" after marriage too. So must take precaution to prevent becoming one.

sparks

i not going for honeymoon.....hubby travelling around to new zealand, thailand and australia for work after our wedding.......so me got no such luck! but i will suggest hawaii, heard from friends it's a great place for honeymoon.

are you all counting down.......what are the preparations that july brides' have done????

i taking my wedding photos this coming friday....so stressed. work till 9 plus or 10 everynight....how to look good for the photo shoot!!! alas!!!

and any short hair brides around....any suggestions on what to do to the hair...my hair real short...me stressed over work then out of impulse went to cut my hair...now regretting!!!

jowie

Hi angelia

Yup, the date is 3 Nov. Both WG and EG almost ready, waiting for photoshoot in June, now not much prep to do leh, a bit stagnant

We wanted the Msia dinner 3 days later so that dun have to take leave for too long, if we hold it the following weekend, then the whole week following SG dinner nothing to do mah, can't possibly go back to work!? just a short break, the wedding mood will still be there and after Msia dinner can go straight to honeymoon...haven't decide where to go yet, either europe or any exotic beach
happy.gif

Will be bringing EG to Msia, hotel should be able to dry clean in one day, yet to check wif the hotel, but will definitely be more expensive, no choice liao, coz following day is public holiday, dun tink can find any outside laundry.

I am abit wollied about the wedding services in Sabah coz i can't even find one on the net!! i just hope my makeup will be natural and not too "thick"

U are so lucky dat yr FIL are paying for the Msia dinner!! For me, we are paying for everything, including FH family air tix and accommodation here and my family there, these already amounted to 5K, which eat into a big portion of our budget
sad.gif

But I am quite excited about the dinner there, except dat we can't be there to do all the prep. We will be holding the dinner at the Shangri la there, it is a beri beri beautiful place at the edge of the beach, something like our local Rasa Sentosa but much bigger. The best part is, their banquet per table is onli RM$500+!! less than SGD300 leh...can't wait to take photos at the hotel private beach hehee
happy.gif

cher

hi angelia & jowie!

jowie: welcome! hotel shd be able to dry clean for you w/in the next day or 2. though it's expensive, but i think it'll be cheaper than u go for express in laundry shop.

like u, we also hv to pay for everything in penang, but we hv not much say in the arrangements, beri UNFAIR
angry.gif
Luckily, my dad is understanding, he said he'll take care of the airtickets & hotel for my family. angelia, u r so lucky!

yeap, i'm also worried abt the make-up in msia, who know's in we'll turn into a 'opera singer'???
crazy.gif
my SIL did hers in a hair salon located in a hotel. Ok lah, not too bad lor...but i still want to look ard n see got better one or not.

Angelia: my banquet will b at Mandarin Spore at orchard rd. why? u r having yours at MM?

Although Flamingo allows me to keep my EG, but they r expensive (esp i chose montage studio). Ok lah, i felt that we gave in so much to both sides parents, we shd pamper ourselves also mah. At least, the photos will be the ones that we bring us fond memories when we grow old. thks for highlighting the lunar month, i guess photoshoot it's ok lah mine is ard that mth. my hubby & i r not the 'pang tan' ones. hopefully we can conveniently overlook it w/out my parents notice lor.

BTW, angelia, did u post in 'actual day photography' thread too? i think i saw your name there? have u seen elaine's pics? wat do u think?

cher

hi angelia & jowie,

hey, just wonder u gals know if there's a msia website similiar like this? it will be easier for us to source for our stuffs!

joker

Calla,
Tat's wat I meant loh. Even plp don suspect you are not their 'gang', but we ourselves feel pai sei.
happy.gif

Heehee...... me still wan to be modern 'huang lian po'
proud.gif

Joker

jenjen

hi gals,

how's everyone... nope, I'm not in office... but at home... but still working lah... hahaha...

welcome to nov club, cher...

Angelia, looking forward to see ya again...
happy.gif

joker

Ya ya Calla, actually now I already don reveal my age laio. I always ask pl to guess. If they guess younger then I will 'hum jio' but still don reveal.
proud.gif

BTW how old are you huh?
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif

Joker

pegsfur

joker,

U sure???? Then did yr friend confront the guy peeping at her? I think no matter where we go, we must always keep a look out for such things ... & the pin-hole camera ...

Calla,

Aiyoh, u starting to feel old already?
happy.gif

I think it's easier for us to prevent ourselves from becoming huang lian po now ... but what happens when we have kids???? I think that's the time when we start to feel like ah soh, & start to dress like ah soh .... I hope I don't turn out to be an ah soh when I have kids ....

jowie

Hi JenJen

Replying you from the MM thread....haven't get actual day photography yet, any recommendations?? A friend is doing videography for me, he's not a pro, but "pester" me to let him do hehee...save on dat!

joker

Pegsfur,
Ya, it really happens on my friend. But she can't recognise the fellow already. I mean, if it's me, I already scare to death liao, how to notice how the guy looks like. So when she went back to the pool center, she don feel good becos she don know whether the guy is there. SO the feeling is so weird.

Actually hor, I always tell myself to maintain myself even after I give birth. I want to attain to the extent whereby I have 2 kids liao but plp still cannot tell. Don know whether it's possible becos I don know how much weight I will gain, but that's my aim lah.
lame.gif

Joker

starfruit

Hi girls,

how have u all been? wanna check if u all have contcat for car rental for teh actual day? how much does it cost to rent a Merc ?

starfruit

calla

hi ladies,

I still reveal my age when ppl ask me lah. I guess I shd play hard to get liao.

Sometimes, when I dress to casually, my hubby will tell me off. He says I look like auntie and when I dress much prettier, he feels good and even treat me better, like some protected species. hahaha.

Dunno whether you all believe or not. He will tells me which clothes look good on me and which don't when we go shopping.

I guess guys want "face" so I try to make he feel good, and give him lotsa of face lor.

So this also motivate me to take good care of myself, cannot turn myself into an auntie or ah soh even after marriage.

My age? guess lor. hhahaha...

carol

Hi Kittycat,
We are going to Australia for honeymoon...
Sydney, Gold coast & melbourne.

Hi Sparks,
Yap, I'm doing the coutdown already... 3 mths left to my wedding.... (21/07/02) really excited.
Spoken to the printers & will be fanilising the artwork these few days & will start the printing.

Woh, taking your photoshot, remember to drink a lot of water now. whether is really hot..
Relax & enjoy yourself, that's what we do during ours.

Humm.... guess you can check with your make-up artist regarding your hair. Sorry as I'm having long hair myself, so can't gve any suggestions.

Cheers:
Carol

pegsfur

joker,

Aiyoh, if i were her, i wld have confronted him!!! Can't stand this type of men!

I guess everybody wld also like to maintain their figure .. me too!
happy.gif
But sometimes it's like it's already so tiring to juggle yr time with work, family & babies ... u just want to give up trying to lose weight ... u know what i mean?

calla,

Wah, yr hubby has quite a high expectation of u
happy.gif
... so u cannot 'relax' ah .... For me, my hubby don't really care as long as i dress according to the occasion..... or reveal 'things' that i shouldn't reveal
happy.gif
Sometimes my brother will say i dress sloppily but I don't really care cos i'm most comfortable that way. I mean, it's only going to the market wat, no need to dress like going to dinner rite?

I guess u r 26 this year .... am i rite?
happy.gif
Joker, wat abt u ?
happy.gif

joker

Calla,
At least yr hubby still reminds you when to dress up. For me, I rely on myself to remind. My ah lao jux don bother how I dress. He everything also nice one lah.

When we go out, whenever I see 'chio bu' he sure never notice one. I like looking at girls but he is always not the one to share the same 'hobby'

You ah, so naughty!!! use my copyright. I charge you then you know
happy.gif

Joker

joker

Pegsfur,
We post about the same time
happy.gif

Ya, when we are calm, we know we should confront tat fellow. But imagine you encounter this thing in the middle of the nite leh, already scare to death, how to confront. Besides that man already ran off liao, how to catch him.

Ya lar, understand wat you are trying to put across. But we must control our mentality. At least try our best to maintain mah. But hor heehee.... easier said to be done la.

heehee..... my favourite dressing also sloppy dressing. The best is to wear slipper, then drag & drag.
proud.gif

Me is a dragon. SO how old liao huh? Can't remember liao
proud.gif

Joker

pegsfur

Joker,

Hey, I'm a dragon too ...
happy.gif
Looks like we really have a lot of similarities! Sca-ly we from same school ...

Hahaha.... same here ... bermudas + slippers (then drag & drag ....)
happy.gif

joker

Pegsfur,
How you know we same age? Scarly me once cycle older leh
biggrin.gif

Same school? I don think possible lah. Me used to stay in Ang Mo Ko. My school from AMK. You leh?

You are staying in Bedok now right?

Joker

pegsfur

joker,

Don't tell me now u coming to 40s liao? Cannot be rite?
happy.gif

I used to stay at bedok, then moved to Hougang, now back to bedok
happy.gif
My school also in bedok lor ... So we r not school-mates ...
happy.gif

Btw, during yr school days, have u ever hang paramount skating rink?

joker

Pegsfur
Hahahaha............. ya hor, one cycle older than us is close to 40 liao hor. Ah yo, time really flies.
happy.gif

Lucky we not school mates. If not scarly we ever fight in schoel leh
happy.gif

No leh, no hang paramount skating rink leh. You do??? Actually me very good girl one.
proud.gif

So did you go poly or go U or go JC? If poly wat course? Scarly I know in in Poly?

Joker

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Hi all</FONT>
posted my fitting experience at Wedding News Thread. juz click on link and u'll be at that particular post... <FONT COLOR="119911">i lazy to re-type lah...</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Jowie &amp; cher</FONT>
ya, i think after confirming gowns, nothing much to do, except meet photographer to discuss style and trial makeup.... wat abt ur guest list? can start thinking if u've not done so... i've gone thru so many rounds and still amending!!!

we've not decided where to go, when to go for honeymoon!! if going for long one, prob go Melbourne+Tasmania. Short one prob Phuket!! Europe is out cos it's winter and i cannot "tahan". me very scared of cold
lame.gif

u getting photographer at Sabah? cos u wrote abt taking photos at the hotel's private beach!! ya, ya, the banquet price very cheap, that why i say sure can profit, unless the relatives really really so "gneow" lah..

we'll leave everything till May (BIL's wedding) then see how. most impt thing to me is the makeup!! but, now worry oso no use. see how's his wedding first...
biggrin.gif

aiya, we rather no need to hv M'sia dinner. guess accom. we'll pay for hubby's family when they come over (they driving so no need to fork out transport) and my family when we go over lah. not so nice to let them pay themselves... anyway, transport from SIN to Seremban very cheap only lah, by coach approx $60 per pax, return trip.
happy.gif

raised the gowns issue again last evening to the new mgr, and seems dat she's quite ok i bring the 2 gowns to m'sia leh...
happy.gif
but hvn't confirm lah, cos i rushing to go off, too tired liao.. will check with her again this fri when i go down to confirm my WG.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">cher</FONT>

no lah, me holding at Charming Garden (CG) restaurant at Copthorne Orchid Hotel. MM too ex and min tables also too much for me... we very broke liao, so ..... find some cheap and good restaurant can oready. CG is under tunglok so no worries..

yup, did post at actual day photography thread cos now sourcing for photographer. seen elaine's pix, but some quite small so pretty difficult to tell...

i found 1 fr the net, can check out his site http://hedhodge.tripod.com/wedding
his pricing as below :

<FONT COLOR="0077aa">Price: $820
Includes:
1. 8 rolls of colour negative film (36 exp each), returnable to you.
2. Processing and developing to 4R size photos
3. Photos arranged chronologically in pocket size albums

Options:
1. Additional $40 per extra roll of colour film used
2. Reduction of $20 per roll of colour film not used
3. Additional $60 per roll of black and white film used
4. Additional of $120 for professionally bound hardcover photo album for 20 5R size photos of your choice.</FONT>

pegsfur

joker,

U good girl?
proud.gif
If good girl where got want to fight with me one? Hehehe...
happy.gif

Aiyoh, my grades not very good lah ... never even smell the door of poly or JC
happy.gif
Started to work after o levels liao ..... u leh?

joker

Pegsfur,
Good girl will fight back if kanna bully mah
proud.gif

Ah ya my grades also no good leh. Forced myself to put Engineering 1st choice becos I know I can go nowhere liao. Actually our year very unfair leh, kids so many, tat's why so competitive.
proud.gif

Actually hor, I really hate studying leh.

Joker

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">JenJen</FONT>
u very "piah" leh.. but still must remember to take care ok.. Nov comes very fast.... and photoshoot even faster......

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">starfruit</FONT>
u finally re-surface liao.... how's ur photoshoot? taken ur photos? upload and share share wif us here leh.....
biggrin.gif

so did u manage to alter ur gown??

pegsfur

joker,

Hahaha.... we same same lah ... I also don't like studying ... which is why i went into interior design
happy.gif
Actually wanted to go into fine arts one but decided against it eventually. Now sort of regretted liao
sad.gif

starfruit

Hi angelia,

yup.. had fun during my photoshoot. so when will u girls be taking ur pixs? i need to scan my photos first, my scanner died on me.. so gotta go borrow from my frens.. will update u girls once i have the photos posted.

starfruit

kittycat

Hi Carol,

Me thinking of gng to Sydney and Melbourne too! But I was wondering if it's gng to be too cold and rainy in July.
talker.gif
What are your thots?

Hi Sparks,

I think short hair on a bride looks quite cool and chic - something different too! I'm sure your make-up artist can advise you on a suitable hairstyle. I've always had short hair and I'm sorely tempted to snip my current shoulder-length hair to a short bob too.

jenjen

thanks angelia for the encouragement... will be going to gym later... maybe 8pm or 9pm... see first... must flatten my tummy lah...
happy.gif

Jowie, I've got my actual day photographer... u want I can give u the contact... just email me...

sparks

thanks all... i just came back from sydney and melbourne two months ago........backpack, i spent 10 days there, a bit long...but quite fun!!! it shd be very cold now...

when i was there, i thought it's going to be very hot, so i bring shorts and sleeveless t-shirt, in the end, it turns out to be 18 - 23 degrees...so be prepared!

i also got 3 mths to go (22/7/02) so scary!!!

M

mush9

Hi Yvonne

Would you share your pics with me too?
My email is [email protected]. Thanks.

Chemson, Julia,
My flights are confirmed now. I will be in Singapore from 22nd May to 3 June. If you think you still want to meet up, let's fix up something asap. As I am back for only short period and with lots of things to do/confirm, I need to pack my diary before I leave London. Let me know via this forum or my email, ok?

calla

hi ladies,

I am much older than the two of you
sad.gif

29 liao.

Ya.. my hubby has high expectation on me. He often bug me to do more exercise so that I can be "shui, shui" on the wedding day.

Whenever, I wanted to eat those fattening stuff, he "remind" me "you sure, you want to eat these, very fattening you know?" hahaha....amazing hor.

It is good lah, at least there is someone ard to watch me.

He is also very conscious of his figure too. The last time, I said he has love handles. He keeps doing exercise to get rid of it. A very vain man.

jowie

Hi angelia

Will be getting photographer for the Msia dinner too, if not wasted leh, nice beach
happy.gif

Honeymoon haven't decide yet, will have to see how our budget goes when nearer to the date, but tink have to be short trip coz not enuff leave liao

JenJen, can't email u leh, click on your name bo email addy...may i know wat make you choose your actual day photographer?

jenjen

Jowie, u dun have the Nov brides list from Angelia meh?? You should have wat... I checked the list leow... but I dunno if u are still using that email so din send u... the huang ping guo one... hahaha...
happy.gif

joker

Pegsfur,
Actually if you really interested in design, it's still not too late to go into it now. We still soooooo young mah
proud.gif

Can you imagine, I hate studying so much, but I still go take advance dip. Now still thinking wan to go for SIM or not. Sometimes really wonder how much more good will the degree do for us.

Calla,
Don bother about age. We should always believe in our 'xin1 tai4' still young

Wow, yr hubby so strict ah. Ya la also good as there is someone to watch over you. I always ask my ah lao to watch over me. He say ok, but when there sinful food, he will tell me 'eat 1st la'
angry.gif

Joker