Yvonne Creative

lazyger

<font color="0077aa">yeap, this Friday. then, no phone calls at all. nothing to motivate me to last until this wednesday. my freedom, at last!! no more babysitting, no more baby poops, no more baby cryings, no more baby..... yeah! YC, please call me!!!!!</font>

miata16

I am.
happy.gif

lazyger

<font color="0077aa">hmm.. good question. i haven't meet the hotel pple yet. initially they said we'll meet like one month prior to my AD. I thot, "siao ah.. like that where got enuff time??" so they suppose to call me and fix an appointment earlier. i prefer to send invitation 1.5 mths prior. do you think it's enough? hmm.. eh.. we have only like 2 more months to go hor... looks like i have to give the hotel a call to fix appointment liao.
Miata, u met your co-ordinator already? anything settled or discussed? can let me know? so i can gauge whether me lagging behind or not.</font>

miata16

I've gone for food tasting liao. Invite cards collected from hotel, I'm sending for printing soon. Doing the artwork now.

Pending is the ballroom decor, flavours, flowers, etc. But I have details of what's available. Just need to meet the coordinator to confirm. But dunno when. One thing with these pple is they not kan jiong, we are the ones who are kan jiong.

I'm thinking of sending an e-invite middle April, compiled the RSVP end April and post the cards mid May.

isola

Miata - I've seen liao. Your WG is very beautiful!! I love the back details
wink.gif
Sexy &amp; elegant. Did you MTM your tea dress with YC as well?

isola

Well Ju - you are still an expert in my humble opinion. I do not even know how to get started at all. Thinking of not doing a slideshow but abit wasted with the pretty pics.

lazyger

<font color="0077aa">Miataaaaaaaaa, I must thank you. Ur msgs are indeed a wake-up call for me.

I have yet done all those u mentioned (no food tasting for me, though). Remember telling you I feel nothing about my up-coming wedding?? Now I feel like a kan cheong spider liao. Coz everything not done. The supposedly done guest list is now messed up by my MIL. Coz she wants to review them again
angry.gif

DO you know how long does the printer take to finish printing the cards? At this rate, I think I can only start sending out invitation beginning May. Me, abit KS, want to post invitation out earlier, so that we can have more time to send out invitation to those in the back-up list, should those invited can't make it.</font>

miata16

Ju, you are welcome. You will still have time since you are not working.

For printing, are you doing hotstamping or inserts? Inserts should be faster and cheaper too. My printer takes only 3 days to print inserts upon confirmation. And 1 week for hotstamping.

What you can do is send an e-invite, or call or sms your guests to inform them that you are inviting them. Once they reply that they are gg, then you send the invite cards. If you send the invite cards too early, pple may forget. This will be what I'm doing loh. However more applicable for friends and colleagues. Less wastage on cards too. Relatives will do the conventional way loh. Hope this helps.

vanes

Hi Miata

Thanks for the efforts. I finally receive the link. Your full lace gown is beautiful. What is the fabric for your gown train, is it detachable?

Is your blue EG MTM too?

lazyger

<font color="0077aa">hi tintin, if you are doing magazine style, they will do out the layout for you to see first. see if there's any thing you may to change.

PPG, they just called you?? when you go for photo viewing har?? me suppose to go this Friday. but they haven't called yet. so sad... but yet so happy for you leh! must tell me how it goes hor! when you going down?? maybe we'll meet at YC leh.</font>

Ju --> They din call me leh. I think becos Jean off today. Minnie picked up the phone this afternoon &amp; offer to make appt for me to view the final layout + settle the EG issue once &amp; for all. I think I am going down either Thur or Fri. You confirm going down on Fri ah? So exciting hor? I just get happy at the thought of viewing my pics again. Haha!! I just hope that my wedding album will win positive feedback on my wedding day
lame.gif

lazyger

<font color="0077aa">PPG, you are right. Jean's off today. So is Lee Lee. Cui Cui picked up the call. As both are not in, so she doesn't know whether the layout is ready or not. So sad. Hopefully I can go this Friday. Will bug YC tomorrow again.</font>

mshaute

hi miata, still have not received the link. think i no luck to view your pictures...;p

btw, need your advice...for MTM gown, does it mean that the gown will be brand new one? bcos i am a bit worry that they may used existing gown which have been wore by other bride and may just add on the design a bit here and there.

I agree i am pretty fussy but the thought of wearing not-so-new gown worries me...Not sure anyone share the same worry as me..

chenoa

Ju and Miata,

actually, I link the powerpoint to my CD instead of MP3 files, cos I have the song in original CD. It's not controlling powerpoint and CD separately. get it? If you follow Ju's instructions, use insert "play audio CD track" instead of insert "sound from file".

miata16

Chenoa, I think I know what you mean. Will try out when I have time. Thanks
happy.gif

Mshaute, MTM gowns will be brand new. Cos you will see the gown from skeleton to complete. No worries.

Meixia, have emailed you.

gintonic

Hi Ju, Chenoa, Miata,
Can send me the link too cos me oso want to take a look at your gowns? My email address is [email protected]

Thank You

Me going for my first fitting this sat, beri excited now. Btw can we confirm our MUA and photographer during the first fitting?

miata16

Hi Gintonic

Have sent the link to you.

Rem to bring a camera along. They probably have pre-arranged the MUA and photographer for you already, unless you request for a particular one.

vanes

Hi Miata,

I was wondering whether to MTM EG cos' I find their EG selection quite limited. How do you like their MTM EG? Is it up to your expectation?

miata16

Vanessa, actually I have mixed feelings abt my EG. I feel that it's quite similiar to my WG, both are kan kan. Of cos the colours and materials are different lah, and the feel/look can be different with the hairdo and makeup.

Then I didnt have idea of how my EG should be. Only focus on my WG. If you have already a design in mind, then go ahead with a MTM EG, cos I think a few of us here have limited selection on the EG. Rite gals?

miata16

The other "white" is actually beige in color. It's OTR gown for photo shoot. That one nice too hor?

You gg to MTM your WG and EG?

mich03

Hi Miata,

Thank you so much for ur pics. Ur gown for the PS is really special ... cos pple will usually choose the normal can-can type of WG for PS too ... but instead you chose a "cheongsum" type one .. very special and very refreshing.
happy.gif

Btw, is ur EG a 2-pc gown? The blue colour very striking leh.
happy.gif

miata16

Ask for your opinions, the blue EG nice? It's 2 piece. Blue is my fave colour, so....
happy.gif

Meixia, I have my MTM WG and 2 EG for PS, so the cheong sum is the other EG

You girls are all so lucky to get MTM EG. Frankly speaking, YC EG designs are mostly very nice. Its just sizing problem for me.

Miata... Can take a peek at your cheongsam? They are raving so I just have to see too
lame.gif

Ju... I am going down this Friday... You leh?

lazyger

<font color="0077aa">PPG, me dunno yet leh. Called Jean. She said she'll call me b4 5pm to confirm if my layout is ready. What time is your appointment on Friday. Even if I choose Friday, I will not be given the same time slot as you. Probably the same person serving us.</font>

researcher

hi everyone,

can anyone give any advise as to whether there are any good tailoring service for men's suit esp. shirt and pants. YC seems to have very limited choice of colors (only black n beige) and materials for men's MTM suits.

mich03

Hi Miata,
Oh I see. So, the beige gown is ur outdoor EG, rite? I personally think that the blue gown is real nice. Cos the blue colour that u chose is of a shiny blue so u actually stand out from the crowd lor. Not blend in to the environment. So, this blue EG is nice!
happy.gif

Hi Researcher,
U can try Peninsular Plaza (3rdd level -1.Men's Tradition 2.Personality and Suntec City (Basement - X2).
Actually, you can MTM a suit for ur hubby at YC too. Just tell Yvonne the design u want and u get to choose ur fabric. The costs shouldn't vary too much from the oustide tailors.
happy.gif

researcher

Hi Meixia,

thks for your speedy response, we did ask minnie abt this but she told us the fabric is fix and its either black or beige...i was also quite puzzled cos we are willing to top-up for the additional pieces, my hubby quite vain la hahahaah... ...

mich03

Researcher,
Dun mention lar ....
happy.gif

Oh! Like tat har? Now that u mentioned it, i think YC had mentioned to me previously that they only carry 2 types of colours for their suits. I agree with you that the mens' suits a bit limited.
So, u gonna MTM a suit for ur hubby outside?

inox

Hi researcher,

Me also agree that their men suits are very limited. Me &amp; FH went to Personality at Peninsular &amp; Raffles Tailor at Defli. Raffles is gd but it is very pricely. We will visit Mens Club (Bridal Veil) this week. Will let you know then. Not sure how much YC will deduct if we dun take the men suit.

Miata, I must see your EGs ! esp the cheongsum one that you wear for your PS
happy.gif
can email me at [email protected] ... thhks

researcher

Hi Meixia,
i also quite confuse why they have this weird restriction even though we are willing to pay for the MTM ... anyhow, its not my idea that my hubby shd MTM outside...heheheh...its his own idea lah....i tell u he vain vain already....hhehhehee....i feel like i bhave more like groom n he like the bride.... ;-)

Hi Jen Sia,
i am not sure how much they can deduct if you dun take the suit but i know it cost about $280 to purchase. my guess is, they will not want you to deduct items from the package, but they will rather offer you more photos etc...

miata16

PPG, can I have your email address?

Jen, I think I have sent the link to you before, didnt I? Anyway, have sent to you liao.
happy.gif

lazyger

<font color="0077aa">miata, u have more photos to show than the one you sent me? I want to see leh. can send to [email protected] hee~ when you are free to do so, no hurry.

PPG, me going to YC tomorrow afternoon. Will collect all my samples back. Once ready, will scan some nice ones for u to see.

Sigh.. hopefully I can squeeze into my WG.</font>

lazyger

<font color="0077aa">Wow.. no entries on April's Fool Day! I have collected all my samples back. When I got time, will scan some for u gals to see lah.

Anyway, I really put on weight and can't fit into one of the EG. How sad. Worse still when Feng Jie said not much of allowance left for her to do adjustment. So when u can't adjust the clothes, adjust the body. Think I will live on boiled veg and fruits for these 2 months...</font>

miata16

Ju, can I suggest you go for slow jog everyday? It may work. At the same time, keeping fit and healthy for a baby to come along after your customary.. Hee.

Dont they give you the soft copy of your pictures? Are you happy with the layout?