miu

hi Apple, Lynn, Meimei22 & Kittycat,

I have email you the wine list.

Hi apple,
Sorry for the delay.

M

meimei22

hi Miu,

tks but so sorry, i gave u the incomplete email address. it's shud be .

would appreciate if u could email me again! tks!

;-)

miu

hi benngth, gracious, polar & meimei22

I have sent the email. Do let me know if you haven't receive it
happy.gif

miu

hi Shadow & karen,

I have email you the list.

hi ladies,

I do not know whether there is any changes to the prices cos' I received this email from Star Cellar Pte Ltd in 10 Dec 2001. Do take note or call them up & ask them to fax you their latest price list
happy.gif

V

vee kee

Hi Miu,

I have also received your email! Thanks! But I can't seem to open the MS Word file. So you mind if you resend it to me??

Thanks a mil!
happy.gif

V

vee kee

Hi Miu!

Thanks have received it! Will give star cellars a ring next week!
happy.gif

raymond

Hi all, I have 15 bottles of Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet vintange 2000 for sale. Anyone interested? Selling all @ $260.00. About $17.30 per bottle. Interested please email me

sunshine

Hi All,

I have 7 bottles of Willow Glen Shiraz Cabernet red wine for sell. I bought it at S$18/bottle, but is willing to let go at S$15/bottle. Anyone interested, pls let me know.

orchid

Hi Cloud,

You can buy a carton from Carrefour. They have a pretty wide selection of wines (all kinds of price range).

My personal favorite: Twin Oceans (south african) & Penfolds (australian)

Better check with your banquet if there's corkage charges first.

kpo

hi cloud,

for that price...u can get some really nice australian wines (i.e. shiraz, chardonnay, cabernet etc.) from cold storage...check out their sale items...good wines @ ard $12+ only!!!

faith

Hi KPO

U sure ? Cold Storage is selling so cheap...S$12+, thought of not serving wine cos it's costly but if it's the price that you mentioned, I dun mind to order some for my guests. Wonder how many bottles is enough, I've about 240 guests ? BTW, do you know where I can buy cheap hard liquor as well ? The hotel doesn't allow us to serve duty free liquor, therefore has to spend extra $ to buy hard liquor (Brandy -Martell).

kpo

hi faith,

yes...places like cold storage, giant, carrefour always have certain wines on sale. unless u r very particular about the brand &/or grape type...if not, you can easily find reasonably okay wines for less than $15. my friend bought matthew lang shiraz for her wedding...quite nice and easy to drink...cost only $12.90/bottle.

the gauge is ard 2 bottles per table of 10.

not sure about hard liquor though...sorry.

faith

Hi KPO

Thanks for your info. but my hotel only waive the corkage charge for 12 bottles of wine....very stingy right ? Wonder how many barrels of beer will be enough ? Hotel only throw in 20L barrel of beer free.

kpo

hi faith,

hmm...how much will the corkage charge be after the 12th bottle? if got high corkage charge...then maybe not so feasible to provide wines if there's a budget constraint.

u can try negotiating for free corkage for all...most hotels i know are willing to accommodate.

only 20L beer? that's quite litte...most hotels will throw in at least 30L. beer consumption will probably depend on whether or not u provide wines...if u do provide wines...then u probably don't need so much beer.

faith

Hi KPO

I think my hotel will not accommodate so much for me cos I've only 20 tables (20 x 12 paxs), is their min. no. of tables, moreover I'm taking a weekend. I think corkage charge is S$2+++ per bottle of wine....not so sure about it.

kpo

oh..S$2+++ is very cheap!
well..u'll have to do your sums first before deciding whether or not to serve wines.
i think it's really not a MUST.

faith

Hi KPO

Oops!!!! I think I made a mistake ! Not S$2+++, is S$20+++ !!!! I remembered when the catering sales told me this, my eyes turned BIG !

orchid

and also note that sometime "Free" corkage is only for hard liquor. there's still corkage charge for wine & champagne. Read the fine print!!

I got my banquet with free flow beer, and free corkage for wine, champagne and hard liquor.
happy.gif
but that was when they had promotion.

faith

Wow Orchid, you've got a good deal......how nice, my hotel is not so 'da fang' !!!!!! BTW, just curious, is yr hotel, Marina Mandarin ? Cos the last time when I source around for hotels, MM had this promotion of free flow of beer.

kpo

hi faith,

hee hee...$2 and $20 very big difference indeed!
lame.gif
but still better than mine leh...mine was $35+++ per bottle! bloody hotels really know how to make money!!
angry.gif

orchid

Hi Faith,
It's Holiday Inn Parkview. We were quite fortunate to chance on the promotion. The promotion only lasted 3 days, and the couples were allowed to take a look at the place and decide within 2 weeks.

KPO.. $35+++ for corkage??? or for bottle. If it's for corkage, I'd say forget it. You can get 2 bottles of wine.

orchid

Hi KPO,
My goodness... it's a ploy to make you buy their wine instead of bringing in your own. I say forget about wine!! Then invite your helpers / close friends to your home for a thank you dinner and you can serve wine there. no corkage charge. heh..

kpo

hi orchid,

too late...my wedding was over last yr!
lame.gif
we really wanted wines (raging alcoholics!) and we figured that buying our own and paying for corkage was still more worthwhile than buying their wines (i.e. $75+++ per bottle).