Window Grilles

happybride

hi

u can consider getting mild steel. Advantages...
1) stronger than aluminium
2) has designs like wronght iron
3) cheaper than wrought iron

happy.gif

dutchess

hi Tay,

would appreciate very much if you could give me the contact number. thanks!!

hi happybride,

did you install mild steel for your home? who's the contractor who did it for you? price wise, how does it compare to aluminium and wrought iron? roughly how much?

thanks!

happybride

i installed mild steel for my house. Looks like wrought iron, after contractor painted it with dark brown n gold paint
my renovation is done by my SIL (family business) so i cant advice u on the price (cos i no nned to pay)... sorry
i only know that the price is between aluminium and wrought iron

weddingmoods

Hi

I have a u shape window and the sides cannot be open up. May I know is it nice to have grill in u shape or should I just take - shape?

stubbilla

hi all,

any other recommendations for window grilles?
looking for aluminium grilles.

also, any thing we need to take note when sourcing for contractor to do the grilles for us?

thanks
happy.gif

ziggy

Hi HP,

There's an aluminium grille that my contractor showed me, there's like hooks between the two aluminium panels.

Difficult to explain, but it's much safer and the price is similar to the usual ones. Ask your contractor about it, something about inter-locking panels.

Haven't had coffee yet, so my explanination is bad.... I'll check with my contractor tomorrow and find out the name of the grille for you. coffee time!!!!!!!!!

aplle

hi zig,

can i have the contact for yr contractor for the grilles. the locking type grille is on the frame is it, i think have seen it before.

how much you paying for it and is yrs a 5 rm flat ?

thanks !
happy.gif

ziggy

Hi ladies,

Asked my contractor, he calls it UK system.... Found a brochure in another ID's shop, the name is Syncatch.

My place is 4-room with about 13 panels and 2 small ones for the toilets, total price was $920.

Aplle, already sent a PM to you.

peg76

tomodachi
Thanks for the info. I have installed mine already. I paid $900 for the grills at the living room and one bedroom.

gumberry

I just had my windows changed to sliding aluminium and with alum. window grills. Cost me cheaper than what the other contractors have quoted me. Can recommend my contractor to you if you are keen. Workmanship not bad. Main thing was they got it done v. quickly....just within a week...cos had to choose samples and measurement confirmation.

gumberry

Actually the flat belongs to my parents. Old flat. So we had it changed. Several contractors came to give quotes. One even quoted $2.7K....another $2.4K. The flat is 4 room HDB type. So had to change the windows and the grilles. We have long windows for the living.....3 bedrooms, kitchen, 2 toilets, 2 side windows in the rooms....so quite a bit. They charge me $2.2...much cheaper than other quotes.

Think this price quite reasonable. Can try calling them at 62696917. Ask for Lynn. She will arrange appt. They can't give quotes off-hand. Most likely must arrange appointment for them to go down to get measurements and also to show the samples like glass type. So I think if you get grilles only, would be much cheaper. They do rod iron too. Hopes that helps.

maybride

Thanks a lot Diana!

But i understand from some ppl that some of them, the whole grille can be lifted up without unlocking? so got to reinforce with a padlock... does yours give the same problem?

honeybear

Hi Jorom,
How abt Wrought iron grills? How much is pfr? Been sourcing ard for reasonable $$ for wrought iron grills. Solid wrought iron type, not those hollow types. Thks

maybride

that means becoz e grille n the external frame is not exactly fitting, u can virtually lift up the grille n then remove it from the frame... so dangerous...

a_k

Hi,

Anyone can share the price difference b/w iron rod & alum grilles? I juz want to add windows grilles to all my windows. It is a 5rm. How is it charge (how much psf?)

Any advice? Appreciate it.

pohbear77

Hi all,

I'm looking for window grilles to install for my new house. Anyone here got any good, reliable & cheap contacts to recommend? Please email me their contacts at [email protected] or PM me. Thanks alot!!

Regards,

pohbear77

honeybear

Hi all,

I've juz signed up wif a contractor for window grills. 5RM whole hse wrought iron. Total cost: $1560/-. They quote diff cost for fixed panel and casement type. For mine, I had it casement for hall and kitchen. The rest are fixed. Among 4 qoutations, This is the best deal i've got so far.
I'm sure aluminum will be alot cheaper.

obaesom

Hi Winnie,

May I have your contractor contact.

Mine is also 5 rm but have not measure the Windows Total Area.

Would like to get a quote from them.

Thanks in advance.

honeybear

U can call Simon, 96923181. U can get him to come n take measurement 1st. Let him quote 1st then u decide. Dats where i got my total length. Tell him winnie from Jurong reccomended

d8raem8n

Hi,

I would like to recommend my contractor for window grilles. Can call Patrick Tan or C H Tan from Yang Kwang Manufacturing at 6781 5284. Their grilles use specs metal, somewhat like wrought iron but don't rust. They don't deal with renovators or contractors, only with the house owners directly because they don't want miscommunication with a middleman.

The designs are very nice, and their service is excellent. I called them to tell them I need the grilles urgently, they came down today to take measurements, quoted me very reasonable price and will be doing the installation this coming Sat morning.

d8raem8n

Hi, cat

We did 3 places, the window facing the corridor, the aircon ledge and kitchen windows. Not sure of total sq ft but the grilles we chose are at $15 psf, which is slightly more ex cos it is a very fanciful design. comes with coloured panes of flowers.

honeybear

To add on... the fixed panel is at $8/- pfr and casement is $9- pfr. (base on solid wrought iron) They do hve hollow type oso. I choose simple design coz dun wan my hse to end up like malay style

ah_cat

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for sharing, but that's quite a price!
happy.gif

I am on very tight budget so probably eyeing on simple aluminum grilles in Dec.

pohbear77

Hi Winnie & Lynn,

do you all have any pictures of the window grilles that are done by your contractor? I'm getting an Exec Apartment, so will need to get grilles for my unit. Are their prices reasonable and how is their workmanship?

So will they liase with our Reno Contractor with the installation? Thanks alot for your kind attention!!

Regards,

pohbear77.

honeybear

Hi pohbear77

Mine juz got installed 2 days ago. Workmanship no complaints. I choose black color! Turned out quite matched with my bronze windows! No pics yet, simple design as in: simple wave design. $$ wise... the most reasonable among my 4 quotes.
We hv it done after my renovation, so they lias with us lor

pohbear77

Thanks alot Winnie... So did you get your grilles up before the curtains or roller blinds were up? (If you did do any of these...) For my case, I'd signed up for my curtains & roller blinds contract.. so I'm abit blur about it.. Thanks alot Winnie!!
happy.gif

honeybear

No worries Pohbear...
ya.. i supposed so... coz we are sourcing for blinds now. If u had signed up 4 the curtains/blinds, get them in after ur grills are up so that the grills man wont damage ur blinds or rather u hv to take down ur curtains then put them up again after the grills. this is wat i thk... Or u might ask both sides(curtains n grills) c wats their opinion...