Which is better?? elmark or fanco ceiling fan?

jm9

Hi

Two designers I spoke with recommended Amasco; you may wish to consider this brand which also seems to be popular among others in this forum.

sugarsugar

hi jm9,
thks for the recommendation... do you roughyly know the price range for a 5-bladed 52" amasco fan, with lifetime warranty?

lxm

Hi,

I was told by a salesperson in balestier rd that elmark is not reliable as compared to fanco. For best buy, choose amasco with lifetime warranty. The price difference is not much.

interrace

i got my amasco fan at shop names fanco( at jalan besar) few stores down bellari...beside a duo hua drink store.

jm9

Hi daylight

Ceiling fans are popular; you'd see them in houses featured in magazines. I think KDK is established and reliable.

lxm

Those selling lightings do sell fans. The place can be balestier rd or jln besar. I was told that remote control for the fan is not reliable, end-up no remote ctrl.

orosalind

Hi daylight, I wld say ceiling fan is still popular, save space, etc cos I cant seems to find a portable fan that is nice. Hence, to me, ceiling fan is a MUST. I have been using elmark for 1 yr, so far, no prob, strong enuf for the whole living rm. Got mine at one of those light shop in Balestier for 90. No remote ctrl.

noscon

hi

I had an elmark ceiling fan with remote n it broke down a few times after only half a yr.... the repairs alone cost more than e fan... pls be aware.

cos they charge transport fees of $40 for each repair trips xcludg repair costs even during warranty period!

im sorry i bought this brand....
sad.gif
just a word of advice

renoblues

Hi,

Our ceiling fan has this long chain (don't know wat is the exact term) attached to it for adjusting the fan speed from 0 to 3. However, when the fan is switched on, this chain also spins in a circle. Does anyone experience this?

Thanks!

vintlay

Thk noscon.
Hi BC Wong, I did not notice the chain spins as it attached to the unmovable parts. Maybe is the wind that cause it and it should be minimum movement.

jeannietanz

i bought a amasco 48 inch 3 blades plain white fan called twister for 70 dollars but i found another shop that sells it for 60 dollars
sad.gif
sad sad

yeohyeoh

I bought fanco 52" with 4 lights at $185 and unior 52" with 4 lights at $260 (inclusive of installation).

Fanco is more noisy than unior...

Regret... should put unior in bedroom instead of living room

stress_man

Hi seems that everyone have good deals for the ceiling fan, can u guys share with me the contact for the fans, thanks?

dolphin_tan

Hi stress_man, u can call Tamco Specialty Shop @ 6734 6800.. They sell fans too.. Just bought a relite ceiling fan from them last mth.. So far so gd..

calix

heh i just read from a blog ( http://singapore-fan.blogspot.com )that the same manufactuer has different fans using different motors having different quality.
Somtimes it is not just abt getting the right brand. For a good brand, there is still 'cheaper' models to cater to those on budget.
So must choose right brand right model.

How much u bought your relite ceiling fan? price without installation.
My contractor will install for me

dolphin_tan

Hi Calix, i bought my Relite ceiling fan for $379 w/o installation.. Its made in england, 3yrs warranty.. I get their contractor to install for me.. Their contractor fix up the fan & also balance the fan for me.. I find that their service is gd..

dolphin_tan

The reason i bought the Relite ceiling fan is because of my parents used it for over 10yrs, no problem at all.. Its still working well..

hjdd

I bought a 52" Elmark, $210 with lights, no installation...
But the wind not that powerful leh...

vege

Hi, any good/reliable ceiling fan to recommend??
How's KDK ceiling fan? Where to buy? What about Amasco?

jhoo

i have ask a few shops. 5 blades 52" cost 130 + 40 installation. you can try those lighting shop at Jurong east. most probably i will get mine from there

jasnick

hihi,

balestier lights shop only charge $35 for installation..

and i bought 52" elmark fan with 4 lights for $168 at balestier..

so do check it out there..

cheers

vege

DEAR FORUM MEMBERS,

BEWARE OF "DOLPHIN TAN", I THINK THIS FELLOW USE
FORUM TO PROMOTE HE/SHE OWN BRAND!! CEILING FAN AT "TAMCO SPECIALTY SHOP"!!!!

U MAY FIND BELOW "DOLPHIN TAN" TREAT IN THE FORUM WHICH I HV COMPILED, BY JUDGE OF THE DATE & TIME & WHAT HV WRITTEN THERE WHICH IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!

I AM NOT AGAINST ANYONE OR ANYTHING HERE, JUST WISH TO HIGHLIGHT TO ALL OF YOU, AND PLS JUDGE YRSELF.......

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 5:28 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm renovating my hse nw.. Can anyone recommend a gd brand of ceiling fan?? Tamco, Crestar, Amasco, Elmark or KDK??

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 6:15 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi..just to share with u all my experience.. Recently, my sis & i just bought a plain & simple ceiling fan from Tamco Specialty Shop.. The fan is made in UK.. At first i have trouble for putting up a ceiling fan due to false ceiling..no support.. But after advised by the salesperson.. We managed to get our renovation contractor to put up a support to install the fan.. Before we came to this shop, we did went to a few lighting shops.. They never advise us at all.. Still say no problem..no problem u can put up the fan.. But according to the salesperson, if the fan's rod go thru the false ceiling.. The fan will be very wobbly & might crack the fasle ceiling..

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 1:12 pm:

Hi stress_man, u can call Tamco Specialty Shop @ 6734 6800.. They sell fans too.. Just bought a relite ceiling fan from them last mth.. So far so

Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 6:09 pm:

Hi Calix, i bought my Relite ceiling fan for $379 w/o installation.. Its made in england, 3yrs warranty.. I get their contractor to install for me.. Their contractor fix up the fan & also balance the fan for me.. I find that their service is gd..

Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 6:13 pm:

The reason i bought the Relite ceiling fan is because of my parents used it for over 10yrs, no problem at all.. Its still working well..

Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 6:27 pm:

Hi JenJen, what do u mean super motor?? How long is the warranty?? U mean they will change a new motor for u when the motor rust?? Need to pay any transport or servicing charge when they go down?? Bcos i understand from my fren's sister that her fan breakdown recently & when she called the supplier, she need to pay the transport charge even her fan is under life time warranty..

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 6:51 pm:

Hi Krispy, cheapest place not very sure but good fans may not be the cheap.. Have to look @ reliability & safety.. Cos we don't change fans so often.. As need a contractor to install so its quite troublesome & costly.. Probably, u can try Relite brand.. Its a good brand from UK.

floyuki

crestar CS3 56" SV ALUMINIUM BLADE ceiling fan without lights for $280 included installation fees.

608517.jpg

Fanco 52" with lights for $170 included installation fees.

Just a sharing,i not sure reasonable or not?

steventay

Hi Chris&Florence

Where did you got the Fanco 52" with lights for $170 included installation fees?

i will like to know too

jams001

Most problems with ceiling fans that have a controller are usually due to the controller. They have a solid state switch that switches the 120 volts line voltage on and off 60 times a second. That's a tough job. Anyway, they have a really high rate of failure
The light bulb blowing probably caused a short circuit for an instant and damaged the controller. Surges in current or voltage will do that. The controller probably needs to be replaced. The remote is probably OK.
If it was and you have already tried replacing the batteries in the remote. You will have to get a new one. This system uses the same circuit as a wall controller with the added complexity of a little computer, it's power circuit and a radio frequency circuit. I'm sure it's susceptible to the same high rate of failure as described above for wall controllers.
What is it, it is a transformer mounted inside the fan canopy the remote works it, all on the same circuit. When dimming the lights and fan speed alot it wares down the unit. Some people on wall dimmers, instead of turning it off completely they will just dim it down. This creates heat and causes the unit to fail. When not in use turn remote off if equiped with an on and off feature, this will prolong the life of a dimmer as well as a fan control.

Fanimation

blessed_1

hi hi
hubby n i just bought a crestar 56'' fan from Designer Lighting at $290, only to find out that it was available at Extreme Lighting for $235... =P
anyways, purchase already n sign cheq already so bo-p, hor...
but we managed to get 3-in-1 set of dining lights for 220, cheaper than even the Jurong shops, so do give Extreme Lighting a try.
and as for the fans, do get the regulator kind cos remotes spoil often n lor-so procedure to fix n as for the regulator, heard that must get Crestar one for Crestar fan if not got more complications when n if need to be maintained.
Just thot i'll give my 2 cents worth, ya? take care n happy shopping! =)
PS: in my opinion, lights-wise, go to extreme first. waaaay cheaper. some of the lights in the earlier shop cost even more than the other shops.

gracey54

my experience with elmark has not been very good - fan speed slows down after 1 year - especially those with remote control. Crestar is good - still going strong after 2 years... it also has more fanciful designs. KDK is most reliable but has few designs - existing designs look dated

teabag73

If you are talking about ceiling fan, i will still recommend KDK ceiling fan.

They are more durable and function perfectly well. Worth every penny that you pay.

Check out www.levin-electronics.com, they provide pretty good prices for home electronics. Can call up and check out the prices from them.

It is convenient.

Cheers.

goldworm

Can only agree with other users - Buying ELMARK fans is a big mistake. We bought lots of their fans and immediately after installation the problems started. Several of the fans were broken and had to be replaced. Components of the fans are not reliable. Gears do not work. Transmission is weak. You are charged every time the service people are coming. They have been rude and unfriendly. The guarantee is very limited, because it doesn't cover most parts of the fan. Thought they were low in price, but the ELMARK fans are cheap in quality and the service people try to avoid any reasonable and good service. Absolutely DO NOT buy from ELMARK, you would be so disappointed and have lots of headaches, better try any other brand!

alextoh76

use panasonic or kdk fans.

there is a reason y most food courts & hawker centres centres use them. they need to keep them running nearly 12 hrs a day or even more.

tats my take
happy.gif