What will u change if you can go back in time 4, 7, 10 years

kittenpie

retrospective saturday night...

if you could turn go back in time to change one thing you did in respectively in three time frames - 4, 7 and 10 years ago, what will you change?

kittenpie

10 years ago - i wished i had studied harder and scored better results.

7 years ago - i wished i had better financial and career planning

4 years ago - i wished i had been nicer to everyone - my late grandfather, my former colleagues. i wished that i had been a better person who cares more for people rather than "me" "me" "me" all the damn time. i wish

xiao_nu_ren

10 year ago - I wish I had more determination and waited for him to fulfill his promise.

7 years ago - I wished I'd been more firm in hardening my heart towards an obvious cheat. Cheating runs in his blood.

4 years ago - I wished I had not been so stubborn and gone ahead with the advice of the gynae whom took over the duty of my gynae for the week to go for a C-section immediately. My little one would have been 4 yrs old right now.
sad.gif

xiao_nu_ren

May,

My original Gynae told me nothing to worry about. I should be able to deliver normally upon his return from his trip. His brother, whom took over the duty, asked me to go immediately to hospital for emergency C-section. Which at that point of time, I thought decision between both of them so contradicting, thus decided to trust my own Gynae instead. Baby was still alive when original Gynae returned, but 2 weeks later.... Baby heartbeat gone. Complications due to Umbilical cord accident. Umbilical cord not around neck, but around his left leg. When I delivered my stillborn, his left leg was already black. Whole leg.
sad.gif

kittenpie

chocolatte,

you must love children to want to have 4.

for myself, im fearful to think of having even one. too much $ and work involved

miloice

10 years, I would have broken off with my ex sooner. Get a new job. And improved my relationship with my parents. 7 years, nothing. It was a wonderful time dating and having fun. Maybe be more aggressive in my career.

cococherry

May,

Ya, haha. Our parents and grandmas are educators and we really like to have a BIG family =p We won't have alot of works cuz parents and grandparents are extremely eager to help us to take care of our kids.

leibit

4 years ago, I wish I got a divorce back then.
7 years ago, I wish I didn't go ahead and have a family with him back then.
10 years ago, I wish I have gone ahead with my intention of cancelling the whole marriage.

Now? We're divorced. It's way much later. But I am super glad. The marriage shouldn't have exist at all. Now? I'm ready to start from scratch. And I'm looking forward to being myself once again. Not in manipulation anymore.

reddyredlee

10years ago- I wished I would have study harder and not keep playing truant. Nearly could not make it to uni because of this. hah.

7 years ago- I wished I had the means to go for my overseas exchange that I had so wanted to do so. I gave it up because I do not wish to add burden to my family disastrous financial problems.

4 years ago- I wished I would have been more outspoken and more clearheaded with what I wanted.

I would like to add on 1 year ago, I still wished I could have been more outspoken and not accepted everything that came into my way just because I felt inferior that my HB and his family belonged to the atas and rich side.

powder

4yrs ago - buy my property
7yrs ago - buy my property
10yrs ago - buy my property

else nothing really i wanna change.

chewo

10 years - shouldnt waste time clubbing
7 years - shouldnt rejoin the same company
4 years - shouldnt have gone for abortion, probably now i would still be with him...

hahaha.. very contradicting, i m now mother of 2 with another him.. happy life but sad memories sometimes just struck me for no reason...

denise80

lol...same...there's nothing I would change because it's all those experiences, whether good or bad, that make me what I am today and I'm happy with what I have or am today. Nothing's perfect anyway. Every experience is a learning point.

starrynite78

10yrs - I wish I should study more
7yrs - I wish I can put in effort to salvage my marriage
4yrs - I wish I still can salvage my marriage

nichie

Chewo

Yes, very contradicting, do you still love or think of your ex of 4 yrs ago? Why go for the abortion and broke-off? Does your current hubby knew abot this past?

For me,

10 years ago, I wished I had started saving 40% of my pay.

7 years ago, I wished I had not left my previous company.

4 years ago, I wished I had left my current company to seek better career advancement and not wait till now.

wat_are_dreamz

For me, the only thing i would change is my birth. Other than that, nothing for me to change. If i wasn't born, then there would be no life for me, no learning process, no falling down n wiping my tears, no need to be strong, no chance to fall in n out of love, no need to work n earn $ etc.

Life is too short for regrets, so i dun look back. If not for the things we walked thro in life, we wldnt have the wisdom we have now. So look ahead cos life can be brighter n better. =>

kittenpie

i initiated this question because recently, i am beginning to experience the meaning of "Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it".

im trying to examine my past to see what answers it can hold for the future

powder

depends on whether pple base their history from experience (including close frens/family etc), or from tv serials... obviously, Media has a huge influence in misleading pple into things that has almost zero probability.

one of the most understated 'equipment' is a Mirror... to look at physical self, and also a behavioural/personality one to examine ourselves.

kittenpie

powder, you mean the tendency of some women to portray themselves after long-suffering heroine of some taiwanese tv serial ah? could be a romantic heroine who waits for some guy or a long-suffering mum who works her fingers to the bones to raise her kids?

hahaha ...

powder

well we all know that life is abt experiences... and experiences If just based solely on our own - is pretty poor knowledge itself. that's why u have books, autobiographies, self-help, non-fiction and the best - the experiences of close pple around us. obviously we gotta pick n choose based on the characters of the individuals... i can't just base my entire career on some lazy-ass prick's experience, nor can i base relationship on some playboy guy who has never fallen in love but just wanna increase the tally of girls he slept with.

actually the main reason why pple can be in unhappiness without any chance of faster revival, is becos they are ill-exposed to solutions, ill-exposed to happy optimistic fulfilled frens, and stuck within the confined of their narrow minds.

simpleman

If you look at history.. the history of mankind as a whole.. Have we really profit that much from it? It is not the knowledge of history but the wisdom to use history that is important.

On a personal basis, of course we all can learn from our mistakes. But it does not mean we would want to change the learning process.

vios

oh i mean, would like to change to be doubly aggressive with career at that point of time. too much partying liao.

no lah, i think i don't have a.m.p. only bash the walls like i am the punching bag instead ;p

vios

choyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i am a careful driver, even though sometimes might be overly-aggressive like f1, specifically rushing from places to places.

vios

as in, lane-changing and speed, all thanks to road hoggers on the extreme right lane and middle lane. but only when i am really running out of time to reach my destination.

powder

hehe, i dun normally race others... just myself. whoever reaches destination first is good enough, dun need to be aware of each other.

vios

no lah, i'm not normally F&F unless absolutely necessary.. haha. in fact, i usually give way because i could understand they might be rushing at times, like myself.

sm's 520 will chiet me jialat jialat lah... he is fernando alonso hor

fall4u

10 years ago - I wouldn't cry for missing 5 marks during my "O" level exam. Now think of it, feel very stupid.
7 years ago - I hoped that I wouldn't be so mean to those guys who chased after me. Being loved is blessing
4 years ago - I wished I studied in the university with the spirit that I used to have during my "O" level.

stanzza

10 years ago - I would not change a thing.
7 years ago - Should have broke up with my gf then.
4 years ago - Should have used my head and not married her. You know, after so long together it's just not so easy to say, "Ok, we had our time. Let's break up". Should had used my head rather than going through the ceremony.

chewo

outcast, of cos i still love my ex, but without him, i wouldnt cherish my hb now... as i was quite a wilful person in the past. that's y the past moulded me for what i m now. we do meet up for luncheon or dinner, but as friends, i know where i stand... and yes, the worst way to miss someone is to have them sitting right next to you and know you can never have them... but that's life right???

miloice

chewogum... oh... that's not the worst manner to miss them. At least they are well and alive right? And you still get to see them as a friend.

Its really a very good way.

Not all break ups are this peaceful and with the other party still willing to maintain the friendship. And more importantly, not all will be around still. Life is fragile. Just heard news a young colleague of mine, his wife has passed on from cancer.