Wedding shoes

blondie

Hi there,

any suggestions where to buy or MTM nice, simple white wedding shoes?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Blondie

oraia

hi blondie,

what's ur budget? u can try leapin' lizards or paradox if u prefer to MTM.

otherwise, places such as tangs, nine west (sometimes only if u want covered shoes) or any of the big dept stores shd have a fairly large selection.
happy.gif

good luck!

sneaky

hi blondie, try paradox, i got my silver crystal studded shoes there...very pretty...i wore it both during day and dinner...they've got very pretty white shoes too...
237520.jpg

237521.jpg

honeygem

Thanks. Im starting to look for shoes this week as my AD is looming soon. And particularly keen on Paradox as I saw a few nice ones online. Wasnt aware that they have it in Singapore (durh...) So thanks Sneaky! Will check them out today
happy.gif

oraia

hey honeygem,

just so that u don't get confused when u go palais renaissance - i did!!! - paradox is found in the shop in the basement called essex walk. it's next to the marmalade pantry place. the first time i tried hunting for paradox, i cldn't find the shop name in the entire directory and left disappointed! hehehe.

hokkaidolady

hi sneaky, did you MTM your lovely silver heels? Do Paradox sell ready available (off the rack) heels? I am looking for somehting like yours, about 3" high. Cannot find in Nine west and Tangs Studio....

demure

hi gals

my Paradox shoes were bought off the rack coz they fitted me perfectly. they are 4-inch high but as the saleslady assured me, they are super comfy and stable. to verify her words, I actually stood n walked around in the shop for 20 mins, hee hee

237816.jpg

237817.jpg

sneaky

oraia (oraia) : yah yah...agree with you...people who don't know will go home disappointed....
happy.gif

Happylady (hokkaidolady) : i did not MTM my shoes...it's off the rack. my heels are 4inches high...there's a signature paradox shoe that is 3inch high. can try...you tell the salesperson you want to see the signature paradox crystal studded silver shoes, i'm sure she knows which one...

demure: our shoes look somewhat identical from side view except that yours does not have the back loop. the way they stud the crystals are the same...
happy.gif
very pretty...and yes, they are quite comfy to walk around...but when stand too long, the heels made my legs ache..

demure

aiyoh......I don't even know which is the signature paradox shoes coz I simply got hooked on this pair the moment I saw it! :p

sneaky

demure: actually i got hooked onto the one i bought too...it was love at first sight...i tested, walked around, worried that it might be too high for me...therefore, the salesperson recommended me the signature shoe. it was very comfy but i still liked my posture when i wore the 4inch heels...it does look better...

pepperpower

Hi all!

I saw some realli nice ones in the recent collection from Prautes in Tanjong Pagar. I'm eyeing a 3-inch silver, but do you think 3-inch is too short for most brides? I'd much prefer a 3.5-4inch, but Prautes dun alter their heels. Any place where the heel can be altered to required height, with good workmanship?

demure

Hi Serene

me not as "lucky' as Sneaky....I paid $289 ($303 after 5% gst) for mine.....
sad.gif

pepperpower
u mean to alter the Prautes heels to smtg u like? then me donno where liao. All I know is tat Paradox allows u to change their heels to smtg u like for $80 so u may want to chk out Paradox.
happy.gif

blondie

I could not find any good shoes at Paradox
sad.gif

Did anyone try Leaping Lizard? Or any other recommendations where to buy just simple white shoes with low heels?

demure

Paradox is at the basement of Palais Renaissance, near Marmalade Pantry.

think they have another outlet at International Plaza.

mehmeh_lim

Hi bubble_tea

Have seen pretty nice shoes of various brands at Taka's shoe dept. This particular brand, CYN has some nice shoes..

Hope this helps

demure

hi mehmeh

I have 2 pairs of 4-inch evening shoes of the same design in diff colours (bronze, black) from Cyn. they are very comfy despite their height. bought 1 pair at $89 2 yrs back and the 2nd pair at only $39 coz it was on sale. damn heartache over the 1st pair, man....but boh bian coz I was desperate to find shoes in tat exact shade of bronze to match my evening dress....sigh..

mehmeh_lim

Hi Demure

I like CYN shoes quite abit. But tt particular design tt I liked didn't have my size. I wear a 5. What's ur shoe size?

Do you still wear ur shoes? As I'm thinking of getting a gold EG & hope to get closed-toe shoes, but trying to cut costs by getting 2nd-hands. Was thinking ur bronze might be able to match if you no longer have any purposes for them.

Possible to post a pix or 2 of the bronze pair?

cary

I bought mine from Prautes too ... think it's the same pair as sharlene's
happy.gif
it's the pair which Fann Wong wore on the cover of Style Wedding mag
happy.gif

demure

Hi mehmeh

think my pair is either a 5 or 6, can't rem. will go take a look. I haf only worn the bronze pair abt 2-3 times, me thinks.....but me never thot of selling them leh. u sure u not pantang abt wearing 2nd-hand shoes on your wedding day?

eh, my pair is open-toe and not closed-toe hor...will try to take the pics these 2 days n post for u to see.
happy.gif

mehmeh_lim

Hi Demure

thanksthanks... I'm not the most sure abt getting shoes fr u also, just dun want to miss out if u dun mind letting them go.
no lah, i am not superstitous one.. doubt my parents and in-laws are too.

mehmeh_lim

Hi Demure

Thank Q you!!A pity not quite what I was looking for. Bur looks very wearable for many other occasions like wedding dinner & DnDs.

Now with ur pix here. Quite probable tt u might have some prospective buyers coming ur way..
wink.gif

demure

mehmeh

haha...no lah. I don't intend to sell anyway coz its very hard to find evening shoes tat are comfy, stable and u like. at least this design is quite classic so I can keep and wear it for many more yrs to come as long as it doesn't wear out or break...
happy.gif

I bought this pair for $89 2 yrs back and I bought the black version for only $39 last yr when it was on sale. sigh....

chrislyn

hi ladies,

bin lukg arnd 4 a pair of shoes 2 match mi black rom dress wif fushia waistband bt cnt seem 2 find anythg appropriate..wat do ya gals tnk wil b a suitable style/colour?any shps 2 recommend ware i cn find sumthg 2 match mi dress?appreciate the feedback,10s in adv!!
happy.gif

chibi

Hi Jelyn,

When is your ROM date?
May b u can look c look c at Jwest or URS.....
I am also looking for ROM shoes at the moment... My ROM dress is in "light gold" colour, have any suggestion ga?? :)

mehmeh_lim

Hi Jelyn

With ur black ROM dress, i think either Black or Fushia pink shoes wld serve ur purpose well. Fushia pink wld really stand out & somehow shd give you a great feel tt you're the centre of attraction! The downside is the difficulty of wearing it easily for other occasions. U've got to weigh your costs.

Like what Chibi mentioned, URS has great black shoes with diamante in various models. Go check them out.

Hi Chibi

Try Tangs for ivory and/or gold shoes. The common section for ladies shoes have pretty nice shoes. The more expensive section has a great collection. Depends alot on ur budget.
Metro at Paragon also has a great shoe section. Tt's another option.

chrislyn

hi chibi & mehmeh..

10s 4 ur suggestns..mi rom's on 3rd mar..haf gne lukg at URS bt din find anythg tat catches mi eye leh..i was tnkg alng the line of wearg black shoes 2 so tat i cn stil wear it in future..btw,ware's Jwest?tnk i'll go dere & oso plcs like tangs,metro 2 source..
happy.gif
chibi,i agree wif mehmeh..4 ur dress colour,champagne or ivory wld b a gd colour 2 match ur dress
happy.gif

mehmeh_lim

Hi Jelyn

I know of 2 JWest outlets. Scotts & Raffles City
Btw, I think I saw a nice pair by Substance or some brand like tt. It's at Taka's main shoe section...

I guess one man's meat is another man's poison. Hope u wld be able to find sthg tt catches ur eye

junibride

hihi Demure! i got almost the same pair as u but mine is the lie ard ankle one. the saleslady also said tats the signature pair.. but mine was 359 after GST but luckily before 1 jan 2005, citibank card memeber is entiled to 15% off so in the end i paid $300 after GST.. nice!! i luv my shoes so much!!!!!!!!!!! but actually the Louis Vuitton one wf the pleated sides is my dream wedding shoes.. but tat is so unaffordable at $1170!!!!!!! aigh...

seesee

hi junibride, u've got a very nice pair of shoes... it's of beautiful...

is there pink colour for that shoe??? cos my EG is pink(not those sweet pink).

demure

Juni

ya! they look very similar to mine!!! very nice! I didn't see this pair coz I told the saleswoman I wanted slip-ons coz I'm too lazy to buckle or tie the straps... :p